What is with all the sealclubbing?!

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #41 Posted 12 September 2016 - 05:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 20208 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View Postfogny, on 12 September 2016 - 11:32 AM, said:

LOL, that is a typical announcement of 30+ years old child. So many of them here and they are very funny and too.

So thank you very much for your involvement here and, keep producing more fun please.

I'm with you, I know. They are like... babier than real babies. They are just ruining for guys like us.

I hate that stuff when it happens to us.

They probably look like this baby. So typical, those babies.

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

EspressoForHammy #42 Posted 12 September 2016 - 06:11 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5258 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View PostRagingTanker090_NA, on 10 September 2016 - 08:46 AM, said:

So I'm a fairly experienced WoT and WoWS player who wanted to try out WoWP because games like Blazing Angels are among my favorite games ever. So I play a few games in Tier 1, and seriously, what is with all the sealclubbing? Why in the holy name of God are there people with freaking clan tags flying a Type 91?! And then the salt that you get...I made a joke about two guys sealclubbing and they literally told me "gtfo of our game". Wow...Now I only got to Tier 4 on WoT PC (I'm primarily a Blitz player with over 13,000 battles) but I never saw anything that rude ever!

The players you see in Type 91s, I-15s, A3Ms, F3Fs, and FW-57s game after game after game are padding their stats. Unlike WoT where there is a third-party ranking system that discourages seal-clubbing (WN8), WoWP players can only look at the HoF, or specific stats like win rate, etc. These are EASY to pad in tier 1, and so there are a highly unfortunate number of re-rolls down there padding away like mad. The bots are stupid and easy, and the clubbers just kill the humans first and then pick off the bots.

Sometimes a flightmate and I go down there to hunt them, but often we find ourselves opposite the noobs ourselves, forced into the same predicament as the professional clubbers; even if we manage to kill the sealclubbers once they just immediately log off as soon as they see real competition.

Your complaint is an actual, valid problem with this game, and I want you to know you are heard. I have been playing the game since closed beta, and we've never had a worse problem with re-roll clubbing than right now. It's really sickening what's going on and there's no fix because this game is stalemated. To use an analogy I am very familiar with, think of the game like the bar after last call, but before they shove everyone out.

View PostRagingTanker090_NA, on 10 September 2016 - 08:46 AM, said:

Another huge complaint of mine is that once an enemy gets on your tail, it is literally IMPOSSIBLE to shake them...

If there is a bot on your tail there are specific actions to take to remove them. I recommend watching other humans and bots after you die as one of the best initial learning programs. Once you have 100 battles or so doing that, ask to flight up with one of the better humans you see and learn from them.

If there is a stat-padding human on your tail with a 4-skill pilot in a specific plane that is OP at that tier, then you have no chance. I'm sorry to say it, but they set it up so that you couldn't have a chance. Your only crime here was hitting the battle button.

This game has a steep learning curve, and almost criminally, the sealclubbers have exponentially increased that.

Edited by EspressoForHammy, 12 September 2016 - 06:14 PM.

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

SystemRename_999888 #43 Posted 12 September 2016 - 06:29 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 22999 battles

View Postlosttwo, on 12 September 2016 - 11:20 AM, said:

They are aware of experienced pilots flying low tiers.

WGNA also provides low tier gift planes and such as encouragement.

They do not care what tier people fly since they have designed the game to allow people to fly what they choose,when they choose. 

Why would they be indifferent to people flying what they choose if they designed the game to be played in such a manner.

If WGNA did not want people to continue to fly low tiers or any tier they choose then they would have created a progressive lock out system.

Yep... the AARP defense league right on queue.  :D

There are people with tens of thousands of battles who do nothing but play against the newest players and easiest bots.  People come to complain about it all the time and get run off.  Take a look at where this game is now and tell everyone with a straight face how that has been good for the game.

A deeper understanding of the difference between a fad and a fashion statement will enable you to win a fashion fueled guessing game. 

RedSpartacus #44 Posted 12 September 2016 - 07:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 17318 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

I'm a veteran in planes and a noob in tanks with somewhat around 500 battles. I see the situation from both sides. I also think that the veteran vs. new player is a problem in every game not only here.

Talking about tanks. I don't mind to have an experienced player in the lower tiers giving me advice where to go, in the contrary I appreciate it.

On the bright side I win a battle and make more XP. Well, having these guys on the other side I have to suck it up for the moment until I reached a higher status.

The only thing I don't like is if someone calls me 'noob', 'idiot' or other insults. I know by myself that I'm a fairly new player, no need to remind me that.

I'm not that sort of player who get intimidated by this but I can see others who, motivated in the beginning and willing to learn, get run off by this behavior.

Wasn't there talk about closing the battle chat in tanks ?

We do have some big mouth players in planes too. I think these people do more harm than the 'seal clubbers'.

RUN WITH THE PACK

MelBrooks #45 Posted 12 September 2016 - 07:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 29901 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostFadStatement, on 12 September 2016 - 01:29 PM, said:

Yep... the AARP defense league right on queue.  :D

There are people with tens of thousands of battles who do nothing but play against the newest players and easiest bots.  People come to complain about it all the time and get run off.  Take a look at where this game is now and tell everyone with a straight face how that has been good for the game.

Amen......brother.....Amen. I'll keep saying it until they turn off the lights here ( by the way, most of fuses are blown already ), go down there to complete your portion of the daily missions and then get out. Just because I can run over 15 little kids and score touchdown every play doesn't mean I should.

MelBrooks #46 Posted 12 September 2016 - 08:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 29901 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 12 September 2016 - 12:45 PM, said:

I'm with you, I know. They are like... babier than real babies. They are just ruining for guys like us.

I hate that stuff when it happens to us.

They probably look like this baby. So typical, those babies.

​Hey Ace, how did you get your hands on MADVORTEXAN'S baby picture?

losttwo #47 Posted 12 September 2016 - 08:58 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

The worst seal clubbers are in Overwatch.

the people that live in the lower tiers are childs play compared to that game.

And did I mention WGNA even encourages people to play lower tiers to gain tokens.

In order to complete the mission and get the full reward you have to fly :

tier 1-4

tier 5-7

tier 8-10

Some of those mission's require you to fly at least 8 mission.

Edited by losttwo, 12 September 2016 - 10:30 PM.

SystemRename_999888 #48 Posted 13 September 2016 - 03:19 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 22999 battles

View Postlosttwo, on 12 September 2016 - 04:58 PM, said:

The worst seal clubbers are in Overwatch.

the people that live in the lower tiers are childs play compared to that game.

​Reported for discussing other games.  And either way, it's no justification for doing it here.

View Postlosttwo, on 12 September 2016 - 04:58 PM, said:

In order to complete the mission and get the full reward you have to fly :

tier 1-4

tier 5-7

tier 8-10

​...but you can't finish a single mission if you fly nothing but the bottom tiers so that weak attempt at rationalization doesn't hold much water, does it?

People get super defensive about their noob-stomping though.

A deeper understanding of the difference between a fad and a fashion statement will enable you to win a fashion fueled guessing game. 

Pogo68 #49 Posted 14 September 2016 - 07:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 17899 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

Me, Daily Missions

I need to fly in Tier 1-4,

Usually I try to "adjust" the missions to minimize the number of games in that tier.

Mission with goals like kill/damage 8-15 aircraft, or get 200 superiority points means that if I take a TSh-2 or I-5 ShKAS, I'll be done with that tier in about 3 games.

I'll be honest and state that if you have a clan tag, or your one of the more skilled players I've come across, and your in tier 1-4 you're in the top of my target list as you're a threat to me.

Otherwise, I'll leave you alone until I see your tracers coming towards me or you are one of the last targets.

Or you park yourself in front of me, then that's just too good an opportunity to pass up.

Edited by Pogo68, 14 September 2016 - 07:43 PM.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

losttwo #50 Posted 14 September 2016 - 09:04 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostFadStatement, on 12 September 2016 - 10:19 PM, said:

​Reported for discussing other games.  And either way, it's no justification for doing it here.

​...but you can't finish a single mission if you fly nothing but the bottom tiers so that weak attempt at rationalization doesn't hold much water, does it?

People get super defensive about their noob-stomping though.

Then stop flying only the bottom tiers and start flying tiers 3 - 10

Then you can finish all the missions and get your coupons.

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #51 Posted 17 September 2016 - 07:49 PM

Senior Airman

• 1252 battles
  • [SOL] SOL

View PostEspressoForHammy, on 12 September 2016 - 06:11 PM, said:

The players you see in Type 91s, I-15s, A3Ms, F3Fs, and FW-57s game after game after game are padding their stats. The bots are stupid and easy, and the clubbers just kill the humans first and then pick off the bots.

I have been playing the game since closed beta, and we've never had a worse problem with re-roll clubbing than right now.

It's really sickening what's going on and there's no fix because this game is stalemated. To use an analogy I am very familiar with, think of the game like the bar after last call, but before they shove everyone out.

This game has a steep learning curve, and almost criminally, the sealclubbers have exponentially increased that.

As an actual new player (albeit one with a clan tag from the folks I play with), trying to learn how to fly plus fight at tiers I & II did teach me something;

- Buy an effective yet cheap tier V along with some gold and then free XP to tiers III & IV so there is at least a chance to earn something per sortie; completing the occasional mission(s) is simply gravy.

Otherwise, the only option is pretty much point the nose at one red plane, or break etiquette and hunt bot attack aircraft, trying for that whole [7 - 20] XP before getting shot out of the sky by a l33t pilot farming tokens.

So WG made out on the deal, and the folks flying at those bottom tiers with 6/12/23K games had a laugh, but I got pretty much nothing at all out of the experience.

Edited by Billy_Burns_91, 17 September 2016 - 07:49 PM.

4winds04 #52 Posted 19 September 2016 - 05:12 PM

Master Sergeant

• 7491 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

Yes, there are some salty dogs on the game.  That's for sure, but they are only words and my skin is thicker than that! But I experienced something for the first time the other day.  Had someone from my own team intentionally firing at me.  Not once, not twice but three times while we were flying off to the other teams shrinking fur ball.  At first I thought it was enemy fire from somewhere by unseen foes, then realized it was coming from behind me! I spotted my rear just in time to see a burst coming from a teammate!  (human, no less) SO in retaliation I wheeled around in a loop, got behind him and took half the life he had left.  Then he writes a comment on about what an upstanding teammate I was.  I replied that I only attacked him after he intentionally shot at me, THREE TIMES!  

Turns out that he was sore that I (stole) a kill he'd been chipping away at for the first five minutes of the round like I was glory hawking him.   So he was taking his frustration out on me and it cost him most of his life!  I had no idea he was even there.  Pulled out of one kill and there was an other enemy (with more than half its life left, by the way), so I shot it down and moved on.  This was a level 5 flight too, so no seal clubbing going on there!  Words are one thing, but that crap is another.  I told him to grow up and if that ever happened again I would just shoot his *ss down and finish it!

Snoticus #53 Posted 19 September 2016 - 05:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2158 battles
  • [SF] SF

View Post4winds04, on 19 September 2016 - 12:12 PM, said:

Yes, there are some salty dogs on the game.  That's for sure, but they are only words and my skin is thicker than that! But I experienced something for the first time the other day.  Had someone from my own team intentionally firing at me.  Not once, not twice but three times while we were flying off to the other teams shrinking fur ball.  At first I thought it was enemy fire from somewhere by unseen foes, then realized it was coming from behind me! I spotted my rear just in time to see a burst coming from a teammate!  (human, no less) SO in retaliation I wheeled around in a loop, got behind him and took half the life he had left.  Then he writes a comment on about what an upstanding teammate I was.  I replied that I only attacked him after he intentionally shot at me, THREE TIMES!  

Turns out that he was sore that I (stole) a kill he'd been chipping away at for the first five minutes of the round like I was glory hawking him.   So he was taking his frustration out on me and it cost him most of his life!  I had no idea he was even there.  Pulled out of one kill and there was an other enemy (with more than half its life left, by the way), so I shot it down and moved on.  This was a level 5 flight too, so no seal clubbing going on there!  Words are one thing, but that crap is another.  I told him to grow up and if that ever happened again I would just shoot his *ss down and finish it!

bet he had a certain 2 letter clan name..or possibly 3 letter hyphenated clan name...

Edited by Snoticus, 19 September 2016 - 05:16 PM.

tlhIngan maH! Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!

Adalbertt #54 Posted 21 September 2016 - 10:09 PM

Senior Airman

• 1052 battles

View PostRagingTanker090_NA, on 10 September 2016 - 01:46 PM, said:

So I'm a fairly experienced WoT and WoWS player who wanted to try out WoWP because games like Blazing Angels are among my favorite games ever. So I play a few games in Tier 1, and seriously, what is with all the sealclubbing? Why in the holy name of God are there people with freaking clan tags flying a Type 91?! And then the salt that you get...I made a joke about two guys sealclubbing and they literally told me "gtfo of our game". Wow...Now I only got to Tier 4 on WoT PC (I'm primarily a Blitz player with over 13,000 battles) but I never saw anything that rude ever!

Another huge complaint of mine is that once an enemy gets on your tail, it is literally IMPOSSIBLE to shake them...

You may have your popcorn now...

This is why almost nobody plays WoWP. Wargaming at all cost does not want to implement a skill based MM in their games. I guess it's a patent issue, but they just don't admit it.

Noreaga #55 Posted 22 September 2016 - 12:45 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8691 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostiHARVESTER002, on 21 September 2016 - 05:09 PM, said:

This is why almost nobody plays WoWP. Wargaming at all cost does not want to implement a skill based MM in their games. I guess it's a patent issue, but they just don't admit it.

so many things they need to admit first, instead of them already trying that and killing the game.  someone else will be along to explain it in depth, ill just get annoyed as i write it and be insulting.

happy thoughts

Nimis obnoxii curare

losttwo #56 Posted 22 September 2016 - 09:55 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostiHARVESTER002, on 21 September 2016 - 05:09 PM, said:

Wrong...So wrong and way out in left field it doesn't even qualify for a foul ball. .

Wargaming did try to institute a " skill based " Match Maker in 2 forms for patch 1.5-1.6.

There was the " new player protection " and " Karma system "

Both systems failed miserably.

The Match Maker queue times were longer than 3 minutes and matches would end up being 1 versus 1 to 3 versus 3.

The algorithm was designed to " match " players but after 3 minutes it would drop whoever was in queue into a match.

The result was player alpha 12K games versus player beta's 100 games in a 1 versus 1 match up.

This gave the experienced pilots the ability to farm THUNDER medals in fighters or pub rush the new player for a 2 second match.

This caused many players to quit playing due to HOW LONG THE QUEUE TIMES and matches up would result.

The " fixes " took way to long as in a time frame of 6 months ( exaggerated )

The resulting fixes are of course the current game...WELCOME TO BOT WORLD.

The  " Karma System " was suppose to eliminate the more than 3 losses in a row.

It would track your " winning or losses " and try to place you into an easier match up.

Did WG rescind the " player protection " ? it was broken anyway and did not work so why take out the coding.

Did WG rescind the " Karma System " ?  I do not know nor can I tell. I can just bolo a couple of matches then get an easy winning match.

So from my experience and perception the " karma system is still in effect.

However what i have seen others posting on the forums states otherwise since they lose more than 10 games in a row.

WELCOME TO WOWP AND THE END RESULT OF PATCHES !.5 thru 1.7 and how WG destroyed the population

trying to help the new player that whined on the forums about how hard this game was and is.

It is certainly not the players destroying this game.

KUDOS to WG for trying and trying to rvive the current game.

soydivision #57 Posted 22 September 2016 - 01:16 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 4499 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

My thought has always been that we actually need more sealclubbers.  If there are enough sealclubbers to go around as a whole, then any potential skill gap between the two sides in a given match begins to close.

As it stands right now, our population is so low that sealclubbing is incredibly productive in terms of farming WR.  Sealclubbers just aren't running into enough other sealclubbers to balance things out.  And as Hammy mentioned--dropping down tiers to try and run them off is typically ineffective because you often just end up contributing to the problem.  I honestly wish I could run into more sealclubbers on the rare occasions that I try to do my tier 1 - 4 daily missions.

Adalbertt #58 Posted 23 September 2016 - 03:59 AM

Senior Airman

• 1052 battles
A lot of people just don't realize that this game will cease to exist at some point. How many players do we have on the NA server? 200, 250 at a peak? Japanese Threat event on its opening day kept 600 players on the server for just 2 hours. Wargaming is a business, and right now they don't make a profit on this game. This game is funded by WoT income. WG still hopes that WoWP will become profitable and still invest the money. The problem is that most new players leave (uninstall) the game way before their 500th game. They are discouraged by being seal-clubbed. Those very few who have enough patience to get the experience can start to enjoy the game at some point, but they are not enough for WG to make the profit on this game. The player base is just too small. At some point they will do what they have done to WoT-Generals. Then they will reduce number of servers. Players from NA will have to play on EU server with 130ms ping because that will be the only remaining server for WoWP. Try to imagine that. It's all about money. They abandoned skill based MM because of patent issues. It is the same reason why we don't have rain, fog and night in WoT. A Chinese company that have released a WoT clone (originally Project Tank) have the patent. Number of other software companies have various patents for skill based MM, and they will not sell it cheap to WG. Going back to seal-clubbing. The most recent patch made crew skills easier to get, so that is an attempt to at least allow new players to get their airplane's stats at competitive level. Also 5-skill crew prize is another attempt to bring some new players. I see a lot of potential in this game, but after 3-4 games in a row when I get killed by player with 10,000+ games (and very skilled crew) I just quit and play some WoT or WoWS games. Those servers are more populated, so MM is not as bad as in WoWP. We are getting close to the point where WG might stop the development if player base will not increase. Their recent efforts are more extensive than before, so It could be last try before it's over. It's all about money. I wish them success though. I just invested in several premium planes, so I'd like to have some fun while it lasts.

Noreaga #59 Posted 23 September 2016 - 06:11 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8691 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostiHARVESTER002, on 22 September 2016 - 10:59 PM, said:

A lot of people just don't realize that this game will cease to exist at some point. How many players do we have on the NA server? 200, 250 at a peak?
Japanese Threat event on its opening day kept 600 players on the server for just 2 hours. Wargaming is a business, and right now they don't make a profit on this game. This game is funded by WoT income. WG still hopes that WoWP will become profitable and still invest the money. The problem is that most new players leave (uninstall) the game way before their 500th game.

They are discouraged by being seal-clubbed. Those very few who have enough patience to get the experience can start to enjoy the game at some point, but they are not enough for WG to make the profit on this game. The player base is just too small. At some point they will do what they have done to WoT-Generals.

Then they will reduce number of servers. Players from NA will have to play on EU server with 130ms ping because that will be the only remaining server for WoWP. Try to imagine that. It's all about money. They abandoned skill based MM because of patent issues. It is the same reason why we don't have rain, fog and night in WoT. A Chinese company that have released a WoT clone (originally Project Tank) have the patent. Number of other software companies have various patents for skill based MM, and they will not sell it cheap to WG.

Going back to seal-clubbing. The most recent patch made crew skills easier to get, so that is an attempt to at least allow new players to get their airplane's stats at competitive level. Also 5-skill crew prize is another attempt to bring some new players. I see a lot of potential in this game, but after 3-4 games in a row when I get killed by player with 10,000+ games (and very skilled crew) I just quit and play some WoT or WoWS games. Those servers are more populated, so MM is not as bad as in WoWP.

We are getting close to the point where WG might stop the development if player base will not increase. Their recent efforts are more extensive than before, so It could be last try before it's over. It's all about money. I wish them success though. I just invested in several premium planes, so I'd like to have some fun while it lasts.

I know this will fall on deaf ears, but im freakin saying it.

What you don't seem to understand is your idea is not new, it was tried and it killed the game. So, yes im angry at soft people for opening threads like this and screaming about the fact that they have fight people that are more experienced than them. Your stupid idea of a skill based MM killed this game, do i need to say it again so it sinks in? SKILL BASED MM KILLED THE GAME IN 1.5.

Evidence from the last two years has proven that WG listening to people like you is not in the interest of the game. WG tried to make the soft as butter players happy and it chased them and the people who understand that improving is painful away.

I'm Alpha and former ST in ships, so i know as you mentioned that clubbing exists there. Yet people play it despite no true skill based MM. What do they have we don't? besides active developers who listen and respond to feedback, end game content, and a level of back end polish at release this game still doesn't have.

Is this game in trouble? yes. Was it because some peoples egos got hurt? no. Do i think someone who gives up at 500 games because they died would have stayed past 600? no ,you'll have to play against the real good players eventually.

told you i would get annoyed if i had to explain it in depth.

Nimis obnoxii curare

dityboycom #60 Posted 23 September 2016 - 06:20 PM

Colonel

• 10174 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG
Also this game isn't living off WOT profits, it's merely profitable because it runs on the spine of WOT infrastructure which as we all know is expensive.

WOW

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users