What is with all the sealclubbing?!

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

RagingTanker090_NA #1 Posted 10 September 2016 - 01:46 PM

Senior Airman

• 52 battles

So I'm a fairly experienced WoT and WoWS player who wanted to try out WoWP because games like Blazing Angels are among my favorite games ever. So I play a few games in Tier 1, and seriously, what is with all the sealclubbing? Why in the holy name of God are there people with freaking clan tags flying a Type 91?! And then the salt that you get...I made a joke about two guys sealclubbing and they literally told me "gtfo of our game". Wow...Now I only got to Tier 4 on WoT PC (I'm primarily a Blitz player with over 13,000 battles) but I never saw anything that rude ever!

Another huge complaint of mine is that once an enemy gets on your tail, it is literally IMPOSSIBLE to shake them...

You may have your popcorn now...

Omega_Weapon #2 Posted 10 September 2016 - 03:12 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 9751 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF

This game has special daily missions that can win us tokens. In order to get them you need to fly planes from the various tier groupings. That is part of the reason you see experienced players in low tier so much. Some are legit seal clubbers though who only hang out in bottom tiers because the bots are weaker and its easier to rack up good stats. And I'm sure someone will helpfully point out that I have never flown higher than tier 4 after playing for a year, but I have a specific goal about number of battles played in each plane (not just there to club).

As for shaking someone off your tail, it's not impossible as long as you study the different plane stats (helpfully provided at the start of each battle). If your plane is more maneuverable you should be able to beat them in a turning fight so you can end up on their tail. If your plane is not better at turning than the hostile plane, hopefully your plane is noticeably faster so you can try to zoom out of their gun range before you take much damage. Sometimes your plane will be both slower and less maneuverable than an enemy plane. In those cases hope the enemy plane makes a mistake, or one of your team mates comes to help you.

Edited by Omega_Weapon, 10 September 2016 - 03:14 PM.

Porkins_Jr #3 Posted 10 September 2016 - 03:21 PM

Major

• 14402 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostRagingTanker090_NA, on 10 September 2016 - 09:46 AM, said:

So I'm a fairly experienced WoT and WoWS player who wanted to try out WoWP because games like Blazing Angels are among my favorite games ever. So I play a few games in Tier 1, and seriously, what is with all the sealclubbing? Why in the holy name of God are there people with freaking clan tags flying a Type 91?! And then the salt that you get...I made a joke about two guys sealclubbing and they literally told me "gtfo of our game". Wow...Now I only got to Tier 4 on WoT PC (I'm primarily a Blitz player with over 13,000 battles) but I never saw anything that rude ever!

Another huge complaint of mine is that once an enemy gets on your tail, it is literally IMPOSSIBLE to shake them...

Welcome. Hope you stick around! There are some excellent training vids showing how to get planes off your tail, I don't have the links but I am sure someone will provide them for you. There are also commands to ask bots or humans to help clear your tail.

Steel_bomber_ #4 Posted 10 September 2016 - 03:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 15610 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
Welcome to the game,  play some more battles and you have your answer. 
THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

Snoticus #5 Posted 10 September 2016 - 03:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2027 battles
  • [SF] SF

View PostRagingTanker090_NA, on 10 September 2016 - 08:46 AM, said:

pssssst....ground attackers have tail gunners....

tlhIngan maH! Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!

GouIdy #6 Posted 10 September 2016 - 04:04 PM

First Lieutenant

• 17616 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Yep there is a lot of seal clubbers in low tiers, they will give you all the excuses of why they are there & get all defensive when you call them out on it. Most of them are not very good at the game & you will find that if you are willing to learn & keep at it eventually you'll be able to beat most of them. There are players here that are more than willing to help out new players & usually all it takes is for someone to ask nicely & show a willingness to learn the game.

pyantoryng #7 Posted 10 September 2016 - 04:29 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 11676 battles

View PostSteel_bomber_, on 10 September 2016 - 03:41 PM, said:

Welcome to the game,  play some more battles and you have your answer. 

By "some more"...is like over a thousand...:trollface:

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

BrushWolf #8 Posted 10 September 2016 - 04:37 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10628 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostSnoticus, on 10 September 2016 - 10:56 AM, said:

pssssst....ground attackers have tail gunners....

They also have forward firing weapons and most human players and even some of the bots will use them on planes. There are many here that have aces and even higher achievements in them. Welcome to the asylum.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #9 Posted 10 September 2016 - 04:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 19816 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View PostRagingTanker090_NA, on 10 September 2016 - 08:46 AM, said:

fairly experienced WoT  sealclubbing

the salt that you get...I made a joke about two guys sealclubbing

with over 13,000 battles) but I never saw anything that rude ever!

That's cute, 12 battles in and you're making fun of people about their gameplay... and then are SHOCKED...ie: The Salt I heard... my goodness

btw... what is freaking in " freaking clan tags " a common cover-up word for??? freaking... flugg???inghmmm I can't imagine it's a salty word... maybe the kind of words that satan might say??? hmmmm

btw... nice 1st troll, I'd give it a 7.75

Content Moderated By Njourour.

Edited by Njourour, 11 September 2016 - 03:11 PM.

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

pigeon_kicker #10 Posted 10 September 2016 - 05:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 19867 battles
  • [SF] SF

We can fly tier 1 thru 10 because we have earned our club.

You get a twig right now.

If you want to make god laugh, tell him about your plans for survival..

Lead developer for the NACCW web site. Author of the Pigeon Pak Mod Installer

www.team-sf.com

dityboycom #11 Posted 10 September 2016 - 05:08 PM

Colonel

• 10139 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

Congratulations!

Great work!

Excellent post!

Great read!

WOW

pigeon_kicker #12 Posted 10 September 2016 - 05:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 19867 battles
  • [SF] SF

Forgot to mention

Thank you for the popcorn

:popcorn:

www.team-sf.com

Killerpopcorn #13 Posted 10 September 2016 - 06:19 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2667 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postpigeon_kicker, on 10 September 2016 - 11:11 AM, said:

Forgot to mention

Thank you for the popcorn

:popcorn:

STOP EATING ME!!!!!!

Air Raid #1: 4th place/Air Raid #2 3rd Place/Air Raid #4 2nd Place/Air Raid #5 9th place

Crossover #1 1st Place/ Launch Event 1st place

FreeFOXMIKE #14 Posted 10 September 2016 - 06:34 PM

G.A.T.P. (Global Alpha Test Pilot)

• 17904 battles
  • [332ND] 332ND

View PostRagingTanker090_NA, on 10 September 2016 - 07:46 AM, said:

there are 3 quick reasons for "vet" players to go to lower tiers

! the daily missions 

2  to recruit for units

3 to rack up a score

the learning curve can be hard but no harder then any mmo on line play to day.

332 Virtual  Fighter  Group

FreeFOXMIKE #15 Posted 10 September 2016 - 06:36 PM

G.A.T.P. (Global Alpha Test Pilot)

• 17904 battles
  • [332ND] 332ND

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 10 September 2016 - 10:47 AM, said:

fairly experienced WoT  sealclubbing

the salt that you get...I made a joke about two guys sealclubbing

with over 13,000 battles) but I never saw anything that rude ever!

That's cute, 12 battles in and you're making fun of people about their gameplay... and then are SHOCKED...ie: The Salt I heard... my goodness

btw... what is freaking in " freaking clan tags " a common cover-up word for??? freaking... flugg???inghmmm I can't imagine it's a salty word... maybe the kind of words that satan might say??? hmmmm

btw... nice 1st troll, I'd give it a 7.75

Content Moderated By Njourour.

dont judge a player by battles he may have more experience  then us all, from other flight games.and he came to the right place to ask questions many fail to even look at the forum when new. 

Edited by Njourour, 11 September 2016 - 03:13 PM.

332 Virtual  Fighter  Group

pigeon_kicker #16 Posted 10 September 2016 - 07:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 19867 battles
  • [SF] SF

View PostKillerpopcorn, on 10 September 2016 - 01:19 PM, said:

STOP EATING ME!!!!!!

Ok, i will toss back the un-popped kernels.

www.team-sf.com

TeamTerrible #17 Posted 10 September 2016 - 08:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 44180 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostKillerpopcorn, on 10 September 2016 - 01:19 PM, said:

STOP EATING ME!!!!!!

omg i have heartburn......what's your butter %  :popcorn:this is really killer stuff

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #18 Posted 10 September 2016 - 08:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 19816 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View PostFreeFOXMIKE, on 10 September 2016 - 01:36 PM, said:

dont judge a player by battles he may have more experience  then us all, from other flight games.and he came to the right place to ask questions many fail to even look at the forum when new. 

Well I am just judging his judgmental attitude toward a game that he has played 12 times and arrived at the very in depth analysis he posted with a faux dramatic outrage about salty language when in fact he has been on the internet for quite a while and likely seen if not dealt with far worse. I agree with him about idiots who insult people in the game chat but I never feel the need to start a topic in the forum regarding the idiots who curse out random strangers out on the internet. It is what it is for decades now...

that is all, that was my point and it seems strong enough to me...

BTW, he's been around and seems like a good enough guy from what I've quickly read here:

http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/user/ragingtanker090-na-1011511512/

http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=user_activity&mid=1011511512

http://forum.wotblit...ame-successful/

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

K1OXD #19 Posted 10 September 2016 - 11:07 PM

Master Sergeant

• 12355 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

I play the lower tiers.

I love the game.

It is no excuse, but due to my age, (81) I do not have a steady hand, and my reflexes are very slow. So, even though I have played over 10K games, I still play tier 1 & 2 so that I might win once in a while. Call it seal clubbing if you want to, but I am having fun and I think that is the purpose of playing any game.

Dave

losttwo #20 Posted 11 September 2016 - 12:16 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

I do not play World of Stanks because of all the SALT and SEAL CLUBBERS.

This game doesn't have any SALT (except in the forums) and I have not come across any Seal Clubbers that can't be beat.

The key is not to provoke the humans into responding by WHINING in the chat.

Once you learn how to play the bots will be like a knife thru butter.

Welcome to World of Warplanes, please give it time and stick with it.

It can be a very entertaining game and a whole lot of fun.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users