• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Gang_Starr #21 Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:44 PM

Captain

• 2 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View Postobamaphone, on 06 September 2016 - 04:38 PM, said:

FTFY

Enjoy your bots, you couldn't do well against real players but at least now you have easy-mode artificial intelligence to fight against. Don't forget to put your helmet on before you go outside bud.

Tenks

obamaphone #22 Posted 06 September 2016 - 09:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles

View PostGang_Starr, on 06 September 2016 - 03:44 PM, said:

Enjoy your bots, you couldn't do well against real players but at least now you have easy-mode artificial intelligence to fight against. Don't forget to put your helmet on before you go outside bud.

As usual your speaking our your rear end which you do rather frequently nowadays., If you knew how to read you would see my stats gradually improving from day one at the same steady pace. Its not my fault your bitter because you can't pound the new players into the ground anymore like you did when the game first launched because you had already played thousands of battles. Thank you for reminding me about my helmet also, i had planned on en extra long motorcycle ride today to ponder over the reasons why someone like yourself could possibly gain from trolling every other thread in a game they don't play. Those long winter nights must just fly by for you.

Gang_Starr #23 Posted 06 September 2016 - 09:14 PM

Captain

• 2 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View Postobamaphone, on 06 September 2016 - 05:06 PM, said:

Its not my fault your bitter because you can't pound the new players into the ground anymore like you did when the game first launched because you had already played thousands of battles.

Except I started playing in patch 1.6, stop embarrassing yourself.

Tenks

dityboycom #24 Posted 06 September 2016 - 09:25 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG
I didn't know T9 / T10 was full of new players.

obamaphone #25 Posted 06 September 2016 - 09:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles

View PostGang_Starr, on 06 September 2016 - 04:14 PM, said:

no really, i believe your not a RR. You have us all convinced.Luckily i don't embarrass easily.

Edited by obamaphone, 06 September 2016 - 09:28 PM.

Gang_Starr #26 Posted 06 September 2016 - 09:28 PM

Captain

• 2 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View Postobamaphone, on 06 September 2016 - 05:26 PM, said:

no really, i believe your not a RR. You have us all convinced.

LOL now this is really getting entertaining :teethhappy:

Tenks

General_Lee_Miserable #27 Posted 06 September 2016 - 09:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 320 battles

View PostGang_Starr, on 06 September 2016 - 09:14 PM, said:

So..you are just bitter that you can't seal club anymore in 3 man flights in 3 on 3 battles. 

obamaphone #28 Posted 06 September 2016 - 09:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles

View PostGang_Starr, on 06 September 2016 - 04:28 PM, said:

LOL now this is really getting entertaining :teethhappy:

It certainly is , the fact that Diddleaboy came to your aid...:D In all seriousness though, The game was a total joke with a 10 minute wait for 3 on 3 battles. Bots saved the last few hundred people the game currently has. We get it...you don't like the bots, you think that most players are nearly as skilled as you are, every comment you make should be law and nobody knows the game as well as you do. Your like the bird that keeps flying into the glass until it's dead aren't you?

Rosebud #29 Posted 06 September 2016 - 09:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12 battles

I recently tried to keep a record of 'Blowouts.' The first problem was how to assess what a 'Blowout' was? They can occur early on in the match or finish as 'Blowouts.' The early 'Blowouts' may end up looking like fairly equal matches when the dead are counted afterward, but the game was lost (for most players) long before the last friendly or enemy plane was downed. If I went by the final tally, what ratio best represents a 'Blowout' 2 to 1, 3 to 1...more?

The truth was, that by the strictest standard (4 to 1 final tally) 'Blowouts' matches outnumbered the ones that I would reasonable think were semi-equal matches. To the point where I gave up keeping a record after 30 matches.

Blowouts    16 (4 to 1 or better final tally and or early insurmountable (for most) leads in material)

Tight            4 (Matches that ended with both teams having an equal chance at victory)

Tweeners  10 (Matches that favored one side or the other, but not to excess)

I do not know if these numbers were true when humans filled the ranks. I am also certain that this was not a large enough test group to judge the question of blowouts by. I just thought I would throw it out there.

Edited by Rosebud, 06 September 2016 - 09:50 PM.

dityboycom #30 Posted 06 September 2016 - 09:56 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View Postobamaphone, on 06 September 2016 - 05:46 PM, said:

It certainly is , the fact that Diddleaboy came to your aid...:D In all seriousness though, The game was a total joke with a 10 minute wait for 3 on 3 battles. Bots saved the last few hundred people the game currently has. We get it...you don't like the bots, you think that most players are nearly as skilled as you are, every comment you make should be law and nobody knows the game as well as you do. Your like the bird that keeps flying into the glass until it's dead aren't you?

That's coming to someones aid?

"Help I'm shot!"

"Bro you shot him?"

"Really? helping the guy that got shot?"

Gang_Starr #31 Posted 06 September 2016 - 10:07 PM

Captain

• 2 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View Postobamaphone, on 06 September 2016 - 05:46 PM, said:

The game was a total joke with a 10 minute wait for 3 on 3 battles.

now we have 30 second waits for 1vs1 battles.

Tenks

Z3M #32 Posted 06 September 2016 - 10:48 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2010 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

So, why WoT has 20 thousand players and we just have 400?

WG dropped the ball when WOWP came out.  Their biggest failure in my opinion, was not immediately combining the 2 games.  Adding planes to clan wars would have shaken up gold farming at the time.  You would have seen flocks of clans playing to gain advantage over top clans.  You might still see it if they combined them.  Even though Clan Wars 2.0. has to a point killed clan wars.

Edited by Z3M, 06 September 2016 - 10:50 PM.

Mind_Eraser #33 Posted 06 September 2016 - 10:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 29 battles
  • [THIEF] THIEF

I stopped playing b/c they took away the queue count (because it was mostly a ghost town) and they didn't want anyone, including new players to think that there was nobody playing. And instead trick them with IM talking bots.

It was dumb seeing people salute bots or saying things to bots when they didn't even know they weren't real players anyways.

Then came the insecurity of losing players. With the hidden queue count, you always had 1 flight team of 2 in tiers 9 or 10 waiting for "anyone" to join a Tier 10 or 8 so it can be a 2v1 battle. But hey, they are just playing the game right? But as an individual, you're just trying to finish off one x3 daily double and you keep running into the same clowns just hanging in upper tiers waiting for the next solo person (oh yeah, let's not forget they are always in double heavies too)

Then when you do finally beat them, and kinda laugh about it cause they are insecure people, you IM the remark, ha! I finally got you guys!. Then the response is, play another match, I bet you won't win the next time.

It's foolish. Good gawd, I remember when I used to kill a flight of 3 players and the next game we would be on the same team, and right when the game starts that flight team tries to shoot me down, angry that I got them all in the last round.

But to get mad in an all bot world, it just goes to show that the rest of the people playing are for stats only. Take away the stats and HOF ranking positions and I bet 75% of the old players would stop playing. They would have nothing to play for.

Its the 25% of the old players who still play this game (solo or flighted) b/c the likeliness of the graphics etc and can really care less about winning, losing, or warplanestoday stats.

Bottom line, game got boring with 1v1 or 2v1 with 17 or 19 bots to fill in the game. Lower tiers are better b/c you get more real players than bots. But then people frown upon you b/c you are a seal clubber. Well, you are a seal clubber hanging in a flight in upper tiers too, especially when you're both in double heavies and both have a 60%+ win rate and playing against one person (most likely with a below 50% win rate).

This company just never got the MM right, and therefore it failed along with not listening to NA feedback and just listening to Supertesters from RU. Priola says she's not in part of the game design, but does give feedback :rolleyes:

Speaking of which, did those new and exciting things ever come down the pipe that her and GP were always talking about like 6 months ago?? I doubt it. Just baiting people to stick around

There is no sense talking about what could be good for his game from anyone on this server, because you are just going to argue with each other and get moderated for nothing. That alone should speak volumes where this game is at, and how it treats the players on the NA server. Actually this started like 2 years ago, but hey during those past years it was always good entertainment when you had nothing to do

Edited by Johnny_5_, 06 September 2016 - 10:55 PM.

TeamTerrible #34 Posted 06 September 2016 - 11:40 PM

First Lieutenant

• 230 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

From Johnny's last post....  

But to get mad in an all bot world, it just goes to show that the rest of the people playing are for stats only. Take away the stats and HOF ranking positions and I bet 75% of the old players would stop playing. They would have nothing to play for.

You're probably right, we have alot of 2-d's in this game that think these stats actually mean something these days

I still count my rocketeer medals only because it actually takes some form of skill to get them, most of the other stats are junk

I hate to lose though, and even after watching a replay of a bot catching me when on paper it shouldn't be close, or other things like AA not firing, or loss of control when within 5,000 meters of a moron, I lack acceptance

Laughing at players who could never take me on their best day getting all excited their bots were slated to win and help their sorry butts has its moments but they are getting old fast 

Its like the game tells them they are good now or something, I have a hard time understanding the mind of a meatball but hey lets say congrats to the best bot era guy even if they act like a child :rolleyes:

In summary this game went to favoring the weak minded underachievers while driving off 2,000 players who knew that hole in the ground wasn't their behind

Texthor #35 Posted 06 September 2016 - 11:55 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 7 battles
I consider myself very lucky to have never taken this game as seriously as some with over 40K battles.  Grateful to know that I have a life way outside of this game.......

Agnotology #36 Posted 06 September 2016 - 11:58 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 627 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostTeamTerrible, on 06 September 2016 - 06:40 PM, said:

Laughing at players who could never take me on their best day getting all excited their bots were slated to win and help their sorry butts has its moments but they are getting old fast 

I like it when I tell the opposing bots GG and GJ on the win. The enemy players will occasionally make a comment insinuating they did it.  They point out their 3k damage..... that they got by killing GA. (If it was a supremacy win, I wouldn't make the comment). I point out their TA-152 and J7W1 bot combo that accounted for 7 kills and 3/4 of all damage dealt to non GA's, and they don't understand what I am talking about. 

Dsembr_Rein #37 Posted 07 September 2016 - 12:12 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 126 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostTexthor, on 06 September 2016 - 05:55 PM, said:

I consider myself very lucky to have never taken this game as seriously as some with over 40K battles.  Grateful to know that I have a life way outside of this game.......

And where's this arbitrary cut-off for what constitutes having a life outside this game? 24k is a considerable amount of playtime for not knowing a thing about an entire class of aircraft in the game. 

TeamTerrible #38 Posted 07 September 2016 - 12:59 AM

First Lieutenant

• 230 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostAgnotology, on 06 September 2016 - 06:58 PM, said:

I like it when I tell the opposing bots GG and GJ on the win. The enemy players will occasionally make a comment insinuating they did it.  They point out their 3k damage..... that they got by killing GA. (If it was a supremacy win, I wouldn't make the comment). I point out their TA-152 and J7W1 bot combo that accounted for 7 kills and 3/4 of all damage dealt to non GA's, and they don't understand what I am talking about. 

I lose more respect for this game when stuff like this happens

Clueless bastards given a false sense of achievement 

Its easy to laugh it off at times as I said before but is there really a need to praise someone who just added 2 and 2 together and came up with 7???

This is not their fault of course as its WG providing the idiot assist thus making a bigger buffoon out of the player which WG hopes they'll never figure out

With arguments like this going on rest assured they won't figure it out, but once again another form of player hate created by someone who doesn't even play the game

This also just gave me a painful flashback as I was up against Bubba Z and he should of won the battle regardless of the fact my bots got him (can only guess it was a b.s kill)

His bots pulled a full Krupi and allowed me to live after giving me a little pepper they magically lost interest and headed to A0

Yeah I know I suck but I am aware of what just happened and I sure as hell wasn't going to tell Bubba they got scared of me and ran off or something.

So when these players can admit they just got lucky we'd be in a better place in one form, but like gold dust its not much of a prize.

Porkins_Jr #39 Posted 07 September 2016 - 01:36 AM

Major

• 0 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostJohnny_5_, on 06 September 2016 - 06:53 PM, said:

There is no sense talking about what could be good for his game from anyone on this server, because you are just going to argue with each other and get moderated for nothing.

Did you hear about the new "3 strikes" rules? Btw...wb Johnny.

View PostTexthor, on 06 September 2016 - 07:55 PM, said:

Was that a shot at TT?

Edited by Porkins_Jr, 07 September 2016 - 01:37 AM.

Mind_Eraser #40 Posted 07 September 2016 - 01:37 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 29 battles
  • [THIEF] THIEF

View PostTeamTerrible, on 06 September 2016 - 05:40 PM, said:

In summary this game went to favoring the weak minded underachievers while driving off 2,000 players who knew that hole in the ground wasn't their behind

Yeah, so many things went wrong, and things took too long to fix. Every patch or update took half a year to get into game play. Then when it got into play, it was usually worthless besides a few new airplanes for people to get all excited about

I finally gave up on the forum as it was just a place to vent after playing a few games. But since I rarely play now, I maybe visit here like once every 2 weeks just to see if any big news to the game arrived. But it's always the same old Q&A

Got tired of getting banned for useless remarks. Getting my topic removed completely from the server, etc. This forum became the game and unless you talked good about it, you were the outsider or a whiner.

Didn't matter if you had videos, other website gaming stats, etc. You were the problem and not the game.

Sorry but I guess the rainbow glitter glasses that people wear and speak highly of this game, actually won in the end.

To them, there will always be "just" enough people to play, always be, one of the best games they played, always be something to brag about.

I put this project to rest and realized the past was the best this game got. Any future hopes have diminished a long time ago. The carrot on the stick finally got eaten away by birds and insects and there is nothing left to look forward to

Oh well, I'm happy to be a part of the 15v15 real players. The bots came and crashed the party

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users