So....

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Sandman1969 #1 Posted 06 September 2016 - 05:02 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 39 battles

Due to having a so called "bad luck" streak in wows, I decided to load up a few wowp games.

Tier 2 and 3 were ok. But tier 4? HOLY CRAP wthhappened? Is this now wot? The match was over within a few minutes with one team obliterating the other. If matches are mostly if not all bots, then how is it that one set of bots totally annihilates the other set? Is one team set that way on purpose thus making it one sided??? Sure seems that way if both teams are pretty much all bots.

It's just like wot now with the matches ending so damn fast. I was in my 109 B in a fire fight & look at the team panel to see there's 3 left on my side.

You cannot bring in new players with that bad of match quality.

cqiyuan #2 Posted 06 September 2016 - 07:52 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 249 battles
  • [X3M] X3M
Now thats true. 

Dave12w #3 Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:53 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 117 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-

It happens though at most in about 15-20% of games

it seems to happen due to the cascading effort of bots

being killed, 5vrs5 then when it's 5vrs4 there is more of 

a chance the team with the advantage will get the next kill.

Because of this it's important not to be too target focused,

one hit will stop a bot attacking a friendly and it will start

an evasive pattern, or just except its fate, disengage fly straight 

and die.  Swapping targets quickly, and making quick short attacks

prevents the enemy bots attack and can  give your team a significant 

advantage.  You can't be everywhere at once so it still happens.

Herding you bots together at the start can also help

Edited by Dave12w, 06 September 2016 - 08:58 AM.

losttwo #4 Posted 06 September 2016 - 10:03 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostDave12w, on 06 September 2016 - 03:53 AM, said:

It happens though at most in about 15-20% of games

it seems to happen due to the cascading effort of bots

being killed, 5vrs5 then when it's 5vrs4 there is more of 

a chance the team with the advantage will get the next kill.

Because of this it's important not to be too target focused,

one hit will stop a bot attacking a friendly and it will start

an evasive pattern, or just except its fate, disengage fly straight 

and die.  Swapping targets quickly, and making quick short attacks

prevents the enemy bots attack and can  give your team a significant 

advantage.  You can't be everywhere at once so it still happens.

Herding you bots together at the start can also help

:great:

TeamTerrible #5 Posted 06 September 2016 - 11:57 AM

First Lieutenant

• 230 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
Daniel Shaw 

Hello TeamTerrible,

Thank you for contacting support regarding this issue.

World of Warplanes doesn't provide an exactly even balance of teams, but instead puts players in relatively even situations that may as well have occurred on actual World War II battlefields (excluding the fact of mixing aircraft of different nations in one team). Tactics used in air combat and recreated by players in the game often give an advantage even to weaker teams. We strongly encourage our players to learn these aspects of flying.

Everyone in the office, without exception, plays the game, and enjoys playing the game. We occasionally encounter frustrating matchups of our own. If there were a systematic problem, we would be the first to jump on the developers for a rapid fix or improvement, this is something that is adjusted gradually with the introduction of new aircraft.

We have compiled the feedback you have given us and submitted it to the Development Team for further consideration.

While not required, you may also want to share your ideas with the forum community.

Yes, WG has intentionally made your matches unbalanced which has upset many people 

It appears they have also sabotaged certain in game aspects such as AA guns not firing when they should and aircraft performance has also been rigged

In a sense, you are not earning your wins and you are set up for defeat unless you believe in performing miracles such as avoiding being rammed in your 262 by a bot J7W which will kill you and it will survive

Also, it doesn't help that the player base has 0 clues on how to avoid dying in enemy AA so you have that working against you as well

My guess is somebody at WG was very fond of Hellen Keller

Gang_Starr #6 Posted 06 September 2016 - 12:22 PM

Captain

• 2 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG
Bots are horrible. Game is trash and will be trash until they remove bots, which they wont do.

Tenks

RedSpartacus #7 Posted 06 September 2016 - 12:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles

Was flighted yesterday when we were the last fighters having two human GAs on the other side left. After having killed the enemy's last bot we were flying towards their direction when my wingman got killed by the same dead bot.

Didn't know about this posthumous kill skill. Maybe the bot shot very high into the sky and my buddy got slain by the falling bullet ?

RUN WITH THE PACK

Zapperguy #8 Posted 06 September 2016 - 12:52 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostGang_Starr, on 06 September 2016 - 07:22 AM, said:

Bots are horrible. Game is trash and will be trash until they remove bots, which they wont do.

When you throw something away, how long do you follow it and berate it for being garbage? Do you chase the trash truck down the street yelling and shaking your fist?

You hate the game, are convinced it will never improve, yet you keep coming back here to troll and spew negativity. Why?

:amazed:

Gang_Starr #9 Posted 06 September 2016 - 12:55 PM

Captain

• 2 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostZapperguy, on 06 September 2016 - 08:52 AM, said:

When you throw something away, how long do you follow it and berate it for being garbage? Do you chase the trash truck down the street yelling and shaking your fist?

You hate the game, are convinced it will never improve, yet you keep coming back here to troll and spew negativity. Why?

my post was a direct response to the OP, there is a difference between being negative and speaking the truth. I'm just being real. 

Tenks

Texthor #10 Posted 06 September 2016 - 01:05 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 7 battles

View PostRedSpartacus, on 06 September 2016 - 06:46 AM, said:

Was flighted yesterday when we were the last fighters having two human GAs on the other side left. After having killed the enemy's last bot we were flying towards their direction when my wingman got killed by the same dead bot.

Didn't know about this posthumous kill skill. Maybe the bot shot very high into the sky and my buddy got slain by the falling bullet ?

It takes NO skill......to get a posthumous kill.....in an IL

TeamTerrible #11 Posted 06 September 2016 - 01:12 PM

First Lieutenant

• 230 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostTexthor, on 06 September 2016 - 08:05 AM, said:

It takes NO skill......to get a posthumous kill.....in an IL

Do you use this forum as proof to keep your SSI

GouIdy #12 Posted 06 September 2016 - 01:26 PM

First Lieutenant

• 6 battles

View PostRedSpartacus, on 06 September 2016 - 08:46 AM, said:

Probably died from AA & the kill was credited to the bot that dealt the last damage to him. Any chance that we can see a replay from your buddy?

mullyman #13 Posted 06 September 2016 - 01:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 36 battles

lmbo..so true​
mullyman.png

Porkins_Jr #14 Posted 06 September 2016 - 04:08 PM

Major

• 0 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

I know what you are saying, and there are definitely some players that fit that mold,but I think Gang does like the game just not the way it is right now, bots, etc.

Some players will come on the forum once in a blue moon and crap all over the game and the players still here, tell us its dead, why don't we go play tanks, we are fools, on and on. I've never gotten that vibe from him.

RedSpartacus #15 Posted 06 September 2016 - 06:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles

View PostGouIdy, on 06 September 2016 - 09:26 AM, said:

Probably died from AA & the kill was credited to the bot that dealt the last damage to him. Any chance that we can see a replay from your buddy?

I took a quick look at my replay at lunch break. You're right, he got killed by AA which I couldn't see when I was in the game. I had asked him if was on fire which he denied.It was somewhat funny that it happened seconds after the bot was down. I think I saw two AA detonations next to him that eventually took him out of the game.

Edited by RedSpartacus, 06 September 2016 - 09:46 PM.

RUN WITH THE PACK

GiN_nTonic #16 Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:01 PM

Captain

• 231 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

I have to agree with the OP 100%.  Its insane how fast and massive the landslide win/loss games are now.  If I had to guess what happened is having the bots group up so tight now means that any advantage one side has over the other (either in bot ability or plane type) is magnified in its result.

Its not fun playing on either side of these matches. 

Gang_Starr #17 Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:06 PM

Captain

• 2 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostJlNN, on 06 September 2016 - 04:01 PM, said:

now means that any advantage one side has over the other (either in bot ability or plane type) is magnified in its result.

Don't forget the advantage one player has over the other as well. Bots bring a bit of RNG into the equation but what actually matters in the big picture, over multiple battles is how the real players fly their planes.

Tenks

Mackunaima #18 Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3 battles

View PostSandman1969, on 06 September 2016 - 02:02 AM, said:

Due to having a so called "bad luck" streak in wows, I decided to load up a few wowp games.

Tier 2 and 3 were ok. But tier 4? HOLY CRAP wthhappened? Is this now wot? The match was over within a few minutes with one team obliterating the other. If matches are mostly if not all bots, then how is it that one set of bots totally annihilates the other set? Is one team set that way on purpose thus making it one sided??? Sure seems that way if both teams are pretty much all bots.

It's just like wot now with the matches ending so damn fast. I was in my 109 B in a fire fight & look at the team panel to see there's 3 left on my side.

You cannot bring in new players with that bad of match quality.

So, why WoT has 20 thousand players and we just have 400?

"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?" - Gimli

TeamTerrible #19 Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:23 PM

First Lieutenant

• 230 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostMackunaima, on 06 September 2016 - 03:06 PM, said:

So, why WoT has 20 thousand players and we just have 400?

Lack of advertising and support of the title from WG itself

When major bugs hit Warplanes many months later they handle it to some degree

Their are more ignorant people in this world (70% of America is considered dumb by other countries as an example)

Whatever I left out feel free to add..........

obamaphone #20 Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles

View PostGang_Starr, on 06 September 2016 - 07:55 AM, said:

my post was a direct response to the OP, there is a difference between being negative and distorting  the truth. I'm just being  a real buffoon as usual. 

FTFY

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users