Decorum...Or lack There Of

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

dityboycom #21 Posted 02 September 2016 - 02:16 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostMackunaima, on 02 September 2016 - 10:12 AM, said:

But we had all of this at the begging and population was increasing over here. I can't realize why they messed it up.

Were they looking for an instantly 20 thousand people player base? Couldn't they wait a few months and see player base growing?

I really would like to hear an WG explanation about it. They had the working formula.

From what I understand, WoWP was killed off by promises not being met, and piss poor decisions made early in its infancy.

1.5 ( which I loved much like Drew loves bots) was supposedly a big down fall to this game, and if you go back and watch their development diary youtubes from beta, they had a lot of the very same things we regularly asked for planned. Some how, none of it ever got done, now we just deal with them redoing the sound every 6 months, completely changing the dynamics of the game every 3 months, and constantly tweaking with mechanics that don't need to be touched.

dityboycom #22 Posted 02 September 2016 - 02:19 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

Then less us not forget, that 1.6 came hour wait times to get into small games, that for most ended with in a few seconds. So the population dipped from 1000 - 1500 a night down to where it is now. There is an occasional spike to 700 these days for new events, or a long weekend; but, overall their reluctance to fix MM for nearly 3 months was the final nail in the coffin. Instead of attempting to fix what they broke, they now are just putting the game on life support and giving up. The game is 3 years old, if they were going to do it right, it would have been done by now.

if there was any other game in this genre that was remotely as entertaining for the same playerbase we'd all be there; but, WT's arcade mode is horrendous, and their realistic mode is not a good fit for most WoWP players.

Mackunaima #23 Posted 02 September 2016 - 02:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3 battles

View Postdityboycom, on 02 September 2016 - 11:19 AM, said:

Then less us not forget, that 1.6 came hour wait times to get into small games, that for most ended with in a few seconds. So the population dipped from 1000 - 1500 a night down to where it is now. There is an occasional spike to 700 these days for new events, or a long weekend; but, overall their reluctance to fix MM for nearly 3 months was the final nail in the coffin. Instead of attempting to fix what they broke, they now are just putting the game on life support and giving up. The game is 3 years old, if they were going to do it right, it would have been done by now.

if there was any other game in this genre that was remotely as entertaining for the same playerbase we'd all be there; but, WT's arcade mode is horrendous, and their realistic mode is not a good fit for most WoWP players.

How about us buy this game and rework on it?

How much do you think this game worths?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?" - Gimli

dityboycom #24 Posted 02 September 2016 - 02:24 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG
I will say it wouldn't take a brain surgeon to fix the problems with this game; but, finding good help these days is next to impossible, especially when corporate is always pushing to maximize income NOW, instead of focusing on the playerbase getting them hooked, and maximizing income later. This is their later, the games are old, CEO's got his billions, on to the next project.

dityboycom #25 Posted 02 September 2016 - 02:26 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostMackunaima, on 02 September 2016 - 10:23 AM, said:

How about us buy this game and rework on it?

How much do you think this game worths?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Lol, I think we'd all be surprised at the income this title still pulls in. I'd venture to guess its close to if not exceeding 7 digits a year still. Especially with basically no running cost outside of their shared staff for development. This game is the equivalent of a guy who owns a 2x4 company (Tanks), and sells his saw dust (planes) to someone else which take him little to no effort to gather, at a premium price.

Edited by dityboycom, 02 September 2016 - 02:29 PM.

Mackunaima #26 Posted 02 September 2016 - 02:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3 battles

View Postdityboycom, on 02 September 2016 - 11:24 AM, said:

I will say it wouldn't take a brain surgeon to fix the problems with this game; but, finding good help these days is next to impossible, especially when corporate is always pushing to maximize income NOW, instead of focusing on the playerbase getting them hooked, and maximizing income later. This is their later, the games are old, CEO's got his billions, on to the next project.

Man this is the new money culture everybody is doing, they want to be rich from night to day, sleeping if possible.

My granpa told me once. There is no masterwaorker able to do a great job in one day. Every great job done took most of times an entire life. This show me how we are getting used to buy piece of sh-its thinking they are good.

But serioulsy, how much is WoWP in trade market right now? Do you know it?

dityboycom #27 Posted 02 September 2016 - 02:39 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostMackunaima, on 02 September 2016 - 10:29 AM, said:

Man this is the new money culture everybody is doing, they want to be rich from night to day, sleeping if possible.

My granpa told me once. There is no masterwaorker able to do a great job in one day. Every great job done took most of times an entire life. This show me how we are getting used to buy piece of sh-its thinking they are good.

But serioulsy, how much is WoWP in trade market right now? Do you know it?

Yep, but it's the same philosophy as console games. They could probably get away with making a big patch and relaunching a WoWP2, and see a massive player base come stop by and spike a lot of money into the game for development, without changing much if anything at all, and forcing all of us to start over , or continue to play this written off game.

Mackunaima #28 Posted 02 September 2016 - 02:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3 battles

View Postlosttwo, on 02 September 2016 - 10:33 AM, said:

Could not have said that any better +1

Tnx man. :)

Porkins_Jr #29 Posted 02 September 2016 - 04:31 PM

Major

• 0 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View Postdityboycom, on 02 September 2016 - 09:54 AM, said:

They are actually worse than Electronic Arts Studios, in nearly every aspect of customer service/game development.

Whoa...let's not go overboard....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users