Jump to content


Decorum...Or lack There Of


  • Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Rosebud #1 Posted 02 September 2016 - 05:32 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 12 battles
  • 1,039
  • Member since:
    12-27-2011

     I'm going through the posts as is my custom, and I come across ones that's been closed, specifically 'Whats a good line for a newish player?' Posted by a new guy, it was closed due to arguing. Now let me state that I argue as much as the next guy and that arguments are the life's blood of these forums. (Sad and boring is the forum without confrontation.) However the OP was asking a question and it appears that he or she was interested in learning how to play better. As has become usual, the thread was hijacked by 'past differences' and the poster denied information that could have assisted his development.

 

     I am not your mother, nor your father, I have zero say in how you interact on the forums. I am as guilty of this offense as others, but for the love of Pete can we not act like animals here? Specifically on information threads by new guys. No new guys gives two hoots how great I am or you are, nor how many achievements you or anyone else has obtained. They are simply asking for a direction toward betterment. So if you bunch of small pond big fish (myself included) could limit yourselves to crapping on threads by established forum personalities, I personally believe it would be advantageous to retaining new players. I honestly believe if you step back you will agree.

 

*I realize it is not my place to tell anyone how to post or act, I just believe this needed to be said. If the guys a jerk troll away...But I do not believe this was the case in this post.



 


Steel_bomber_ #2 Posted 02 September 2016 - 05:59 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 1,519
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    12-28-2013

QFT,

 

so many people will destroy a post by someone because they are arguing about themselves.


THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK
     
 
            

TeamTerrible #3 Posted 02 September 2016 - 06:13 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 228 battles
  • 2,137
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    12-29-2012

Well Rosey its a gesture in the right direction here no doubt

 

Take in mind though this is a game and games bring out the kid in everyone

 

So just saying here...asking people to act like adults is a crap shoot given the situation

 

I reviewed the thread you mentioned and yeah like most it was derailed the moment somebody got bored and decided to flip over their frosted mini wheats

 

 

(Personally i've never sampled the boring side and i'm a Toys r Us kid on top of it as well)

 

 


 

 

         


losttwo #4 Posted 02 September 2016 - 07:49 AM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • 12,612
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

He got 12 good responses to start then it went south for spring break.

# 21 took the last plane out to bring it back home.

# 24 that fool was busy playing baseball.

# 28 brought it back to reality

then the USS Caine sailed into port.

 

Actually I think it was a successful thread for a bunch of OCD / ADD game players.



Caecias #5 Posted 02 September 2016 - 08:15 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 233 battles
  • 428
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
  • Member since:
    06-22-2016

I also second your appeal for decency Rosebud...  Its not about being an adult or not - its about humility and compassion; something we should have learned in kindergarten.

 

There is a place for "tough guy" threads; it should be reserved for the rare occasion instead of the norm.  

 

Cheers to the recognition of the human imperative. You have every right to call it out.


Edited by Caecias, 02 September 2016 - 08:18 AM.

 

 


Psicko23 #6 Posted 02 September 2016 - 09:09 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 16 battles
  • 2,721
  • [-WS-] -WS-
  • Member since:
    02-04-2014
Too true. Threads with new people asking questions like that should not be derailed with that junk. I think we need a trash talk thread with little to no moderation just so all that stuff can get dumped there. 

General_Lee_Miserable #7 Posted 02 September 2016 - 11:42 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 317 battles
  • 1,616
  • Member since:
    07-27-2013

I'll make one post and one post only on this subject. 2 reasons for this. #1) I don't want to see this thread locked. #2) Have work deadlines today so forum time is limited. It all boils down to 1 thing. People simply cannot disagree with others without invoking the "I'm better you than you, so only my opinion counts" card. That thread was derailed at post #34 specifically. They way I initially disagreed with said poster is how it should be handled. Say you disagree and state your reasons why. But, when the jabs and subtle insults start coming in response, that is when I get a bit ruffled. I am quite guilty of not just walking away, but if I have a fault, it's that. I also don't understand this internet thing. I'm a tech/computer guy with software packages more expensive than most of your cars. But, I have purposely stayed out of the internet forum/social media thing as I prefer my life to be more grounded in reality. I only belonged to a guitar and gear forum before this. That being said, I'm shocked by the internet courage shown here. I don't separate how I act in real life versus the internet. One should conduct themselves the same no matter the venue. But, it appears people here like to use the anonymity of the internet to take out the frustrations of their own lives, whatever those frustrations may be. I always revert back to the old days. You didn't have computer screens to hide behind. All communication was face to face. You insult a guy, you better pray he isn't bigger than you or a better fighter. You always took that chance you were going to get decked after school if you unwisely opened your mouth. I'm a pretty low key guy but the guy who got thrown over a lunch table and broke his ankle sophomore year never said smack to me again. So, perhaps I'm too old school for this place, even though I'm not yet 40. I don't understand the hazing and the trolling. Hazing is for locker rooms when you get duct taped to a locker room bench and left there for a while (been there). It has no place here. Poor guys like snoticus never deserved the crap he got. Yeah, he's weird, But, he's playing the game and excited about that. We need to promote that and not take every chance with him to get our rocks off because we have nothing better to do, bored at work, etc. 

 

Some of you probably have the wrong idea about me. I'm a goofball and extremely playful. The whole HOF stuff is just me being a goof. Yeah, kinda proud of it too. The guys who poo poo that were probably the guys who got all excited after beating the legend of zelda for the first time. Let me break it to you. That was all bots too :-) 



dityboycom #8 Posted 02 September 2016 - 12:05 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 1 battle
  • 9,287
  • [BAGG] BAGG
  • Member since:
    08-23-2014
These are really long post. Great ideas!I'm sure they are. 

Noreaga #9 Posted 02 September 2016 - 12:15 PM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • 3,000
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    03-05-2012

i posted this in one of his other threads,

 

View PostNoreaga, on 01 September 2016 - 03:22 PM, said:

has anyone noticed that the OP has a bunch of very good question threads and besides my post here and the good plane for new players one. He got answered in the same tone that he asked the question, nope we just troll new people all day long.

 

 

yes i know off topic "reported", but people have weird selective memory and i wanted it pointed out.

 

 

Great questions Desmios got me thinking but the wiki site people got to you first.

 

Nimis obnoxii curare


dityboycom #10 Posted 02 September 2016 - 01:08 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 1 battle
  • 9,287
  • [BAGG] BAGG
  • Member since:
    08-23-2014

View PostPsicko23, on 02 September 2016 - 05:09 AM, said:

Too true. Threads with new people asking questions like that should not be derailed with that junk. I think we need a trash talk thread with little to no moderation just so all that stuff can get dumped there. 

 

Wouldn't use it. No risk, no reward.

Mackunaima #11 Posted 02 September 2016 - 01:27 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 3 battles
  • 1,622
  • Member since:
    04-09-2012

I didn't troll this much in that thread but for sure was a good warming reception to show him how things wroks over here. For sure we are a bunch of animals, a bunch of deers, a bunch of pretending wolves and a few sharks.

 

But, and a big but, Im not even close to be responsible for all this thing and mainly for THE lack of success of this forum and the game. "IMO" (that was a joke) we are victim as any another player here is, a victim of WG lck of maturity and professional aproach, but we have a really thicker skin. We are now raging angry guys, can't you see it.

 

Second, if this forum had a full time moderator instead an half hour parked janitor, this guy could post a link on THAT thread giving him directions about a bunch of repeated posts done in the past avoiding another duplicated answers, and should close the thread at very beggining to avoid us.

 

Im not this cup of acid, but I will not be pleased and do the others jobs. I have my own job and Im here to me please MY SELF. Im very tired to be helpfull with this game, Im sorry about newcomers players but they are COLLATERAL casualities.

 

Best regards,

Mack


"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?" - Gimli

 


losttwo #12 Posted 02 September 2016 - 01:33 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • 12,612
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

View PostMackunaima, on 02 September 2016 - 08:27 AM, said:

I didn't troll this much in that thread but for sure was a good warming reception to show him how things wroks over here. For sure we are a bunch of animals, a bunch of deers, a bunch of pretending wolves and a few sharks.

 

But, and a big but, Im not even close to be responsible for all this thing and mainly for THE lack of success of this forum and the game. "IMO" (that was a joke) we are victim as any another player here is, a victim of WG lck of maturity and professional aproach, but we have a really thicker skin. We are now raging angry guys, can't you see it.

 

Second, if this forum had a full time moderator instead an half hour parked janitor, this guy could post a link on THAT thread giving him directions about a bunch of repeated posts done in the past avoiding another duplicated answers, and should close the thread at very beggining to avoid us.

 

Im not this cup of acid, but I will not be pleased and do the others jobs. I have my own job and Im here to me please MY SELF. Im very tired to be helpfull with this game, Im sorry about newcomers players but they are COLLATERAL casualities.

 

Best regards,

Mack

 

Could not have said that any better +1

dityboycom #13 Posted 02 September 2016 - 01:42 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 1 battle
  • 9,287
  • [BAGG] BAGG
  • Member since:
    08-23-2014

View PostMackunaima, on 02 September 2016 - 09:27 AM, said:

I didn't troll this much in that thread but for sure was a good warming reception to show him how things wroks over here. For sure we are a bunch of animals, a bunch of deers, a bunch of pretending wolves and a few sharks.

 

But, and a big but, Im not even close to be responsible for all this thing and mainly for THE lack of success of this forum and the game. "IMO" (that was a joke) we are victim as any another player here is, a victim of WG lck of maturity and professional aproach, but we have a really thicker skin. We are now raging angry guys, can't you see it.

 

Second, if this forum had a full time moderator instead an half hour parked janitor, this guy could post a link on THAT thread giving him directions about a bunch of repeated posts done in the past avoiding another duplicated answers, and should close the thread at very beggining to avoid us.

 

Im not this cup of acid, but I will not be pleased and do the others jobs. I have my own job and Im here to me please MY SELF. Im very tired to be helpfull with this game, Im sorry about newcomers players but they are COLLATERAL casualities.

 

Best regards,

Mack

 

They are encouraging repetitive post now to make the forums appear more active. Removing any content older than 3 months, and discouraging the use of the search feature. basically anything that forums are traditionally used for is being frowned upon, and pretending like this is facebook, and we need a hot feed with all the latest and greatest is all that matters.

Mackunaima #14 Posted 02 September 2016 - 01:51 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 3 battles
  • 1,622
  • Member since:
    04-09-2012

View Postdityboycom, on 02 September 2016 - 10:42 AM, said:

 

They are encouraging repetitive post now to make the forums appear more active. Removing any content older than 3 months, and discouraging the use of the search feature. basically anything that forums are traditionally used for is being frowned upon, and pretending like this is facebook, and we need a hot feed with all the latest and greatest is all that matters.

 

They should ask for Wikipedia about some joint venture.

 

Man, I really don't know how WG could gather all these precious professionals. This is a NASA case to be studied.. :bajan:

 

 

EDIT: Now I started the "delairing thread". I should be banned, FOR... EVER..


Edited by Mackunaima, 02 September 2016 - 01:52 PM.

"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?" - Gimli

 


dityboycom #15 Posted 02 September 2016 - 01:54 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 1 battle
  • 9,287
  • [BAGG] BAGG
  • Member since:
    08-23-2014

View PostMackunaima, on 02 September 2016 - 09:51 AM, said:

 

They should ask for Wikipedia about some joint venture.

 

Man, I really don't know how WG could gather all these precious professionals. This is a NASA case to be studied.. :bajan:

 

 

EDIT: Now I started the "delairing thread". I should be banned, FOR... EVER..

 

Lol, I am still convinced that Wargaming is some sort of Russian social experiment. They are actually worse than Electronic Arts Studios, in nearly every aspect of customer service/game development. There is no way a company could be so blatantly disrespectful to its playerbase, and completely ignore request on such a regular basis and not be an experiment.

 

I am just disappointed in myself, that I get in that pokemon mindset "gotta catch em all!" and blow money because I'm impatient to wait the 4  years they have purposefully made it take to do so, just for players like me.



dityboycom #16 Posted 02 September 2016 - 01:56 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 1 battle
  • 9,287
  • [BAGG] BAGG
  • Member since:
    08-23-2014
Look what they did with clan wars in Tanks. Despite horrendous feedback in the testing phase, they still launched it and saw an immediate dip in their playerbase, a mass exodus of unicums and great clans, but they got what they wanted and shared the wealth wit more people. In "Sharing the wealth." they had to close down other outlets of sharing the wealth which kept the population steady and interesting. Regular tournaments, events, and streams.

Mackunaima #17 Posted 02 September 2016 - 02:01 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 3 battles
  • 1,622
  • Member since:
    04-09-2012

View Postdityboycom, on 02 September 2016 - 10:54 AM, said:

 

Lol, I am still convinced that Wargaming is some sort of Russian social experiment. They are actually worse than Electronic Arts Studios, in nearly every aspect of customer service/game development. There is no way a company could be so blatantly disrespectful to its playerbase, and completely ignore request on such a regular basis and not be an experiment.

 

I am just disappointed in myself, that I get in that pokemon mindset "gotta catch em all!" and blow money because I'm impatient to wait the 4  years they have purposefully made it take to do so, just for players like me.

 

Wow man, Im glad about my self. They coudln't grab my money. My skin is something like mud, you cant get under, scratch this, but nothing will change.

 

I never ever seen in my life as game tester or software development such a committed playerbase and comunitity. Never ever.

 

They really have the most valuable currency in their hands and they threw it out the window. I was one of these committed guys, but as soon I relized how things were going, I "release" my self.

 

Im going for tenks now without again spend a single dollar on it.

 

In fact I do have a bunch of comparisons between tanks and planes to do. First of all is: Why they never turned tank a noob friendly metagame? Why they did this to planes but not tanks?


"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?" - Gimli

 


dityboycom #18 Posted 02 September 2016 - 02:07 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 1 battle
  • 9,287
  • [BAGG] BAGG
  • Member since:
    08-23-2014

View PostMackunaima, on 02 September 2016 - 10:01 AM, said:

 

Wow man, Im glad about my self. They coudln't grab my money. My skin is something like mud, you cant get under, scratch this, but nothing will change.

 

I never ever seen in my life as game tester or software development such a committed playerbase and comunitity. Never ever.

 

They really have the most valuable currency in their hands and they threw it out the window. I was one of these committed guys, but as soon I relized how things were going, I "release" my self.

 

Im going for tenks now without again spend a single dollar on it.

 

In fact I do have a bunch of comparisons between tanks and planes to do. First of all is: Why they never turned tank a noob friendly metagame? Why they did this to planes but not tanks?

 

Tanks has all the things this community complains about and they have it 10x worst. Trolls, griefing, troll platoons, piss poor forum decorum; but, they have/had regular tournaments, e-sports, clan wars, competitive background, and the ability to play a game near instantly 90% of the time. There is no need to reduce platoons to two guys, when you see a unicum platoon maybe 1 out of every 10 games. There is no need to insert bots, when every game is near full 24/7 outside of the west server, which often looks like WoWP. The playerbase is kind enough to introduce bots as well.

 

They are slowly killing tanks with their idiotic decisions that make little to no sense from a gaming or business stand point, but the management that established tanks did such a great job, that even as corporate slowly kills it, there is no need to make the game easier to new players, when it's player base is well balanced. That balance is slowly fading, as we see worse and worse MM, exposed by the dying population, and lack of general effort by WG.

 

 



Mackunaima #19 Posted 02 September 2016 - 02:12 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 3 battles
  • 1,622
  • Member since:
    04-09-2012

View Postdityboycom, on 02 September 2016 - 11:07 AM, said:

 

Tanks has all the things this community complains about and they have it 10x worst. Trolls, griefing, troll platoons, piss poor forum decorum; but, they have/had regular tournaments, e-sports, clan wars, competitive background, and the ability to play a game near instantly 90% of the time. There is no need to reduce platoons to two guys, when you see a unicum platoon maybe 1 out of every 10 games. There is no need to insert bots, when every game is near full 24/7 outside of the west server, which often looks like WoWP. The playerbase is kind enough to introduce bots as well.

 

They are slowly killing tanks with their idiotic decisions that make little to no sense from a gaming or business stand point, but the management that established tanks did such a great job, that even as corporate slowly kills it, there is no need to make the game easier to new players, when it's player base is well balanced. That balance is slowly fading, as we see worse and worse MM, exposed by the dying population, and lack of general effort by WG.

 

 

 

But we had all of this at the begging and population was increasing over here. I can't realize why they messed it up.

 

Were they looking for an instantly 20 thousand people player base? Couldn't they wait a few months and see player base growing?

 

I really would like to hear an WG explanation about it. They had the working formula.


"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?" - Gimli

 


dmarsha9 #20 Posted 02 September 2016 - 02:12 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 810
  • [-WS-] -WS-
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postdityboycom, on 02 September 2016 - 08:42 AM, said:

pretending like this is facebook, and we need a hot feed with all the latest and greatest is all that matters.

 

Sure would be fun to have clickbait thread titles
 

 




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users