How to Handle Fast / Maneuverable Enemies in a Slow Flyer

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Desmios #1 Posted 31 August 2016 - 06:04 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1175 battles

Hey all,

I'm been playing with the attack aircraft TsH-3 lately.  I think it is a lot of fun.  Occasionally though, I will get an aircraft on my tail that I just CANNOT get away from; and my rear gunner, god bless him, isn't able to take him out.

Any idea how to handle this issue?  The first few times I tried to manuever out of their line of fire, but I quickly realized that would not work.  So now I tank damage the best I can while flying towards allies hoping they kill him.

Any better ideas?

Thanks all!

RedSpartacus #2 Posted 31 August 2016 - 06:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

Two things you can try, there might be more:

- slam the brakes (set flaps, no engine power, wiggle your tail) and make him overshoot if he is behind you staying on your six:

- if the enemy comes from above and from the side try to fly towards him, this shortens the time where he can attack you results in less damage

both suggestions should be flown at low altitude

This should help you for the beginning.

RUN WITH THE PACK

General_Lee_Miserable #3 Posted 31 August 2016 - 06:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 320 battles

A few options. 

1) Use "clear my tail". Chances are a bot will come and assist. 

2) Save a bomb or 2 in reserve for these situations. Get low, hit the brake to lure the plane in close, and bombs away! Most people are too kill hungry to notice what your intent is and they will fall for it. 

3) Fly back towards your team. 

4) If you don't have any bombs left, you can still hit the brakes, lure the planes in close, and then turn into him and ram his butt when he flies by you. 

Mackunaima #4 Posted 31 August 2016 - 06:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3 battles

Sorry man, you just cant overtun an LF while flying a GA.

GA is all about stay out of trouble. Predict enemy moves and stay safe enough within enough boost to run away.

"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?" - Gimli

dityboycom #5 Posted 31 August 2016 - 06:36 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG
At low tiers flying GAA is a death trap. Once they lock on to you, you're done.

EspressoForHammy #6 Posted 31 August 2016 - 06:52 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stop flying the Tsh-3 like every other nub, and get into a real fighter.

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

Mackunaima #7 Posted 31 August 2016 - 06:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3 battles

View PostEspressoForHammy, on 31 August 2016 - 03:52 PM, said:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stop flying the Tsh-3 like every other nub, and get into a real fighter.

Man, tha man likes to

Some of them are very tastefull

"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?" - Gimli

Gang_Starr #8 Posted 31 August 2016 - 08:12 PM

Captain

• 2 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG
Stop flying GA.

Tenks

losttwo #9 Posted 31 August 2016 - 08:17 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 3206 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

stop flying GA.

GA are for experienced pilots only, even in low tiers.

Desmios #10 Posted 31 August 2016 - 10:20 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1175 battles

Sometimes I like aerial dogfighting, other times I like to fly at 50m and shoot a bunch of targets on the ground (after dropping 4 bombs).

The bombs seem kind of pointless though.  I can do roughly the same things with my guns ... and I only get 4 bombs...  I'd rather have extra speed/firepower/something than the bombs.

Desmios #11 Posted 31 August 2016 - 10:24 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1175 battles
Good tips though guys, thank you

pyantoryng #12 Posted 31 August 2016 - 10:25 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1852 battles

View PostDesmios, on 31 August 2016 - 10:20 PM, said:

Sometimes I like aerial dogfighting, other times I like to fly at 50m and shoot a bunch of targets on the ground (after dropping 4 bombs).

The bombs seem kind of pointless though.  I can do roughly the same things with my guns ... and I only get 4 bombs...  I'd rather have extra speed/firepower/something than the bombs.

That's because you don't see hard targets (red) on a regular basis yet...you'll wish you had ordnance to use against them when you do.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Rosebud #13 Posted 31 August 2016 - 10:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12 battles

While there is no way of keeping fast maneuverable planes of a ground pounders six, there are things you can do once they are there. Chef of which is to make it as hard as possible for them to hit you and keep your tail gunner in firing position. Second would be call for assistance (fat chance that will help,) head toward other friendly players or best, head for your AAA.

This however is the best advice I can offer for cases in which you are equally matched.

*Don't let them get there in the first place*

It sounds stupidly easy because its so frustratingly difficult. Stay aware, check your six and your surroundings constantly. Look at that map and radar every three seconds. hit the X key and cycle through targets. If one is heading toward you take evasive action. Don't get tunnel vision on your current target. Shwooooo, man, when I put it like that it does sound impossible. GL

Chuck_norris10 #14 Posted 31 August 2016 - 11:08 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1514 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostDesmios, on 31 August 2016 - 03:24 PM, said:

Good tips though guys, thank you

I love my TSH3 and when guys get on your tail just lay an egg on them,this plane is almost as good at it's big brother the LBSH for getting bomb kills.

It's actually easier then you think and I posted how to do it many times.

You have to get low and slow if someones on your tail and use the radar and target key to target the closest guy behind you.

Read up on some of the bombkill topics,a wealth of info there and it will get you aces in the tsh3 once you know how to handle those guys following you.

Chuck_norris10 #15 Posted 31 August 2016 - 11:21 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1514 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

Scenario,your getting kills in your tsh3 and you get the attention of 3 or 4 players and they come for you,First thing you do is dive for the deck,get 10 meters above the water if possible.Chances are you are taking hits now so the next few seconds are critical,you need to have your radar on and watch the enemy chasing you and hitting the X key will highlight the guy closest and put a circle around his plane.

When the radar shows his circle touching your plane he is now in the kill zone and dropping a bomb will surely give you a BK or 2 or 3 depending on how many following you.

Bots are getting good at staying just out of that zone so find a hill or something to put you into a stall so they catch up and get that bomb kill.

Do it before you lose too many HP's from them shooting at you 

Dont despair,the tsh3 with all it's guns is a great plane and can do a lot of damage in a furball dont try fight the i-16's in that tier,chances are that's who you fought and there are some long time players flying only that.

losttwo #16 Posted 31 August 2016 - 11:41 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 3206 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Here is a list of some video's that might help you learn something.

https://youtu.be/5CYvadbpyn4

https://youtu.be/M8NFirAhYw4

https://youtu.be/HeX6EdebgUU

https://youtu.be/LMtyp9HPgw4

a few more where they came from too.

Gang_Starr #17 Posted 01 September 2016 - 12:46 AM

Captain

• 2 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostGang_Starr, on 31 August 2016 - 04:12 PM, said:

Stop flying GA.

View PostDesmios, on 31 August 2016 - 06:24 PM, said:

Good tips guys, thank you

You're welcome.

Edited by Gang_Starr, 01 September 2016 - 12:46 AM.

Tenks

Psicko23 #18 Posted 01 September 2016 - 01:19 AM

First Lieutenant

• 24 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

When playing ga, I always keep a bomb or two for defense depending on how the game is going. If our team is slaughtering their team, I drop the bombs on ground target. If our team is losing, I'll keep them in reserve. You should have radar and mini map turned on. 

How to bomb kill someone: when you have a plane, or planes on your tail, keep an eye on your radar. When the enemy plane is touching the back of your plane on the radar screen, drop your bombs if they continue to stay on your tail. If you are low enough to the ground that should kill them. 

While playing this game you have to be able to have good  situational awareness. Especially when playing ga. I usually try and kill enemy ga's first which save areas of friendly aa to help save you. Use situational awareness. If you see that your team is getting destroyed, head back to your aa when there are a few friendly fighters left to give you time to get back to friendly air space. Don't be the ga that keeps attacking ground targets when you have a supremacy lead and all you need to do in order to win is stay alive for a minute, but you have 5 enemy planes on your tail. Situational awareness is important to be able to read the supremacy meter. The meter includes the points and filling the meter. If your team has the most points, the meter will fill up faster, however you can still lose to supremacy with more points. Completely destroying an enemy ground target makes your supremacy bar leap up, and takes some from the enemy team. It is good to leave a few targets almost killed so you can get several resets in a row when needed. I hate when I'm flying a non ga plane and we are winning by supremacy but are losing the fight and have less planes than the enemy team and all we have to do to win by supremacy is have the human ga survive. But instead of hiding to survive, they keep going after ground targets and then die because they didn't go hide. Oh another thing. If you hit a ground target, it will give your position away on the mini map and the enemy team will know where you are and go kill you. 

Porkins_Jr #19 Posted 01 September 2016 - 01:54 AM

Major

• 0 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostPsicko23, on 31 August 2016 - 09:19 PM, said:

When playing ga, I always keep a bomb or two for defense depending on how the game is going. If our team is slaughtering their team, I drop the bombs on ground target. If our team is losing, I'll keep them in reserve.

I have to disagree. I always drop my bombs first to lighten the load and increase maneoverability. For battling fighters or other GAs at the end of the battle.

Gang_Starr #20 Posted 01 September 2016 - 02:10 AM

Captain

• 2 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostPorkins_Jr, on 31 August 2016 - 09:54 PM, said:

I have to disagree. I always drop my bombs first to lighten the load and increase maneuverability. For battling fighters or other GAs at the end of the battle.

In the end winning matches comes down to being able to kill enemy planes, in the grand scheme of things doing ground target damage isn't what is going to bring you the win. Sure you get suprem wins every once in a while flying a GA, but it is much more often that you are forced to battle it out with fighters in a kill or be killed situation. Back when I windowlicked I ALWAYS held on to 2 bombs until the very end in case I got into a situation where I had to go up against enemy planes.

Tenks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users