Jump to content


Whats a good line for a newish player?


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
96 replies to this topic

dityboycom #41 Posted 01 September 2016 - 03:41 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 1 battle
  • 9,287
  • [BAGG] BAGG
  • Member since:
    08-23-2014
Less us not forget, the lower your talent level, the better everyone else appears to be. So that also sways much into declaration of talent.

General_Lee_Miserable #42 Posted 01 September 2016 - 03:42 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 317 battles
  • 1,616
  • Member since:
    07-27-2013

View Postdityboycom, on 01 September 2016 - 03:39 PM, said:

 

 

I'm not sure where you fall in in that category as the three times I have seen you in game you have been god awful. Each time you've had an excuse, but three is not enough to judge you, and stats are valueless in that assessment, because some current players with the best stats are some of the more awful pilots in this game.

 

The only time we've ever been in game together is the il-10m match. 3 times? You would never win 3 times in a row against me, ever. I'd wager cash on that. You aren't that good. You need to be supported by people better than you. 


Edited by Drewthesteelman, 01 September 2016 - 03:43 PM.


Zapperguy #43 Posted 01 September 2016 - 03:48 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • 2,820
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN
  • Member since:
    04-04-2012


dityboycom #44 Posted 01 September 2016 - 03:49 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 1 battle
  • 9,287
  • [BAGG] BAGG
  • Member since:
    08-23-2014

View PostDrewthesteelman, on 01 September 2016 - 11:42 AM, said:

 

The only time we've ever been in game together is the il-10m match. 3 times? You would never win 3 times in a row against me, ever. I'd wager cash on that. You aren't that good. You need to be supported by people better than you. 

 

Utilizing everyone on your team for success is an asset in its self. Garnishing all of the kills is not a requirement to determine talent levels, as I can get 8 kills in a game with 8 damage.

 

Target selection, engagement selection, and map awareness play a massive part in separating the best from the rest. Obviously you only remember the IL-10 match because it was discussed publicly, I saw you prior to that twice, which is why you were so much fun when you made a ruckus about that IL-10 game. I'm not calling you bad, I haven't seen you play enough; but, I know your criteria for talent is consistent with those players whom historically think they're good but everyone else thinks is awful.

 

I am very good at surviving, map positioning, and drawing others out of their advantages to present myself with the advantage, or my team. I am more than willing to take 5 planes to the deck and sacrifice my life to give my teammates the altitude advantage the more often then not will lead to the win. You on the other hand would do everything in your power to get away from those 5 planes and gain the advantage so you yourself can kill them. That's fine, nothing wrong with either strategy; but, I assure you, I don't rely on better players, I merely rely on my team.

 

In the game current meta you will often see my bots getting most of the kills while I rack up a lot of damage. Why? Why do I need the kill when the bots will finish the target for me and I can address the next threat? Teamwork is more important than individual stats. So if that makes me bad in your book I respect your opinion, and don't have an argument for you. There is a list of guys in my mind when I see on the other team I assess their threat, there is a list of guys who I will only assess if they are in certain planes, and then there is the rest of the guys, I couldn't care less about. You will find your place in time.



General_Lee_Miserable #45 Posted 01 September 2016 - 03:57 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 317 battles
  • 1,616
  • Member since:
    07-27-2013

View Postdityboycom, on 01 September 2016 - 03:49 PM, said:

 

Utilizing everyone on your team for success is an asset in its self. Garnishing all of the kills is not a requirement to determine talent levels, as I can get 8 kills in a game with 8 damage.

 

Target selection, engagement selection, and map awareness play a massive part in separating the best from the rest. Obviously you only remember the IL-10 match because it was discussed publicly, I saw you prior to that twice, which is why you were so much fun when you made a ruckus about that IL-10 game. I'm not calling you bad, I haven't seen you play enough; but, I know your criteria for talent is consistent with those players whom historically think they're good but everyone else thinks is awful.

 

I am very good at surviving, map positioning, and drawing others out of their advantages to present myself with the advantage, or my team. I am more than willing to take 5 planes to the deck and sacrifice my life to give my teammates the altitude advantage the more often then not will lead to the win. You on the other hand would do everything in your power to get away from those 5 planes and gain the advantage so you yourself can kill them. That's fine, nothing wrong with either strategy; but, I assure you, I don't rely on better players, I merely rely on my team.

 

In the game current meta you will often see my bots getting most of the kills while I rack up a lot of damage. Why? Why do I need the kill when the bots will finish the target for me and I can address the next threat? Teamwork is more important than individual stats. So if that makes me bad in your book I respect your opinion, and don't have an argument for you. There is a list of guys in my mind when I see on the other team I assess their threat, there is a list of guys who I will only assess if they are in certain planes, and then there is the rest of the guys, I couldn't care less about. You will find your place in time.

 

Your elitist mentality is nauseating. You have absolutely no clue about how I fly. My average damage per battle is over 1000 lately and has been for a long while. It's not because I am clubbing in T10 either. It's not because I am always going for the kill above all else. I deal immense damage AND have a high kill rate. You can do both. I do. It's not one or the other. 

 

Like I said, anytime you want to meet in battle, fine with me. I'd love to shut you and your elitist mentality up. But, you won't. That is because if you lost to me 4 out of 5 times, you are going to look REALLY bad after all you've ran your mouth about over the last couple of months.

 

So, put up or shut up. I'm not listening to any more of your crap..because its crap. 



losttwo #46 Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:04 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • 12,612
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

" get a room " is a very old and outdated line and new players should not try to use it.

 

 



dityboycom #47 Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:05 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 1 battle
  • 9,287
  • [BAGG] BAGG
  • Member since:
    08-23-2014

View PostDrewthesteelman, on 01 September 2016 - 11:57 AM, said:

 

Your elitist mentality is nauseating. You have absolutely no clue about how I fly. My average damage per battle is over 1000 lately and has been for a long while. It's not because I am clubbing in T10 either. It's not because I am always going for the kill above all else. I deal immense damage AND have a high kill rate. You can do both. I do. It's not one or the other. 

 

Like I said, anytime you want to meet in battle, fine with me. I'd love to shut you and your elitist mentality up. But, you won't. That is because if you lost to me 4 out of 5 times, you are going to look REALLY bad after all you've ran your mouth about over the last couple of months.

 

So, put up or shut up. I'm not listening to any more of your crap..because its crap. 

 

Is it elitism to share your opinions on what makes a good player or how the game should be played? I have a pretty good idea of how you fly as you describe it every time we have this discussion. "Always god for the kill above all else," realistically tells everyone everything they need to know about your talents. The fact that you don't understand that is nauseating, because the rest of us who hit battle to all get a piece of the action and win have to deal with being sacrificed because you're busy chasing the kill over clearing a tail.

 

Rattling off stats in a game meta where 1000 damage means you shot 10 bots for 100 damage means nearly nothing to anyone. I am excited to hear T10 is clubbing now though, that's a new one. I could lose 9 out of 10 to you and still walk away not thinking you're a good pilot, so that is really irrelevant. I could give you a list of "greats" who probably killed me every time they saw me I didn't think were good. Not being good doesn't mean I am better than you, or I beat you all the time. That's not a requirement, as my assessments do not take my personal talent into consideration.

 

I also put up every time I turn the game on regularly leaving the game with K/D in excess of 8 of, most the time around 11, and win percentages exceeding 90%. Those include me lawn darting, returning to hangar mid game, and in general having fun without much consideration to statistics.

 

Your statistics are the product of someone who focuses on improving them, mine are a product of a guy who logs on to enjoy himsel and won't waste his time if he's not. Yet, mine are still better than yours? Sounds like you need to start putting up, bahd.



GouIdy #48 Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:15 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 6 battles
  • 2,628
  • Member since:
    11-18-2013

View Postdityboycom, on 01 September 2016 - 12:05 PM, said:

 

Rattling off stats in a game meta where 1000 damage means you shot 10 bots for 100 damage means nearly nothing to anyone.

 

It's even easier than that, fly mostly IL10M & kill enemy bot GA's then brag about averaging 1000 damage & 2 kills per game.



General_Lee_Miserable #49 Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:17 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 317 battles
  • 1,616
  • Member since:
    07-27-2013

View Postdityboycom, on 01 September 2016 - 04:05 PM, said:

 Sounds like you need to start putting up, bahd.

 

Yes, your heavily flight influenced stats. Sure, I'd win every time too with Gang_Starr. :-) He's legit. You? Not so much. I've seen the vids. You are nothing special. So, stop acting like it. 



dityboycom #50 Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:17 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 1 battle
  • 9,287
  • [BAGG] BAGG
  • Member since:
    08-23-2014

View PostGouIdy, on 01 September 2016 - 12:15 PM, said:

 

It's even easier than that, fly mostly IL10M & kill enemy bot GA's then brag about averaging 1000 damage & 2 kills per game.

 

I forgot to even consider the planes he was flying.

dityboycom #51 Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:19 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 1 battle
  • 9,287
  • [BAGG] BAGG
  • Member since:
    08-23-2014

View PostDrewthesteelman, on 01 September 2016 - 12:17 PM, said:

 

Yes, your heavily flight influenced stats. Sure, I'd win every time too with Gang_Starr. :-) He's legit. You? Not so much. I've seen the vids. You are nothing special. So, stop acting like it. 

 

I don't even play much with Gang, so what are you talking about? I haven't really played with him since he was really bad.

 

Back in his Aces and WS day before we saw his potential.


Edited by dityboycom, 01 September 2016 - 04:19 PM.


mullyman #52 Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:22 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 33 battles
  • 1,163
  • Member since:
    06-09-2014

View PostGouIdy, on 01 September 2016 - 12:15 PM, said:

 

It's even easier than that, fly mostly IL10M & kill enemy bot GA's then brag about averaging 1000 damage & 2 kills per game.

 

​...flighted.............
mullyman.png

dityboycom #53 Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:23 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 1 battle
  • 9,287
  • [BAGG] BAGG
  • Member since:
    08-23-2014

I'd say about 90% of my flights are with Gouldy and Chemnut prior to flights being reduced. then 8% are with one or the other after it was switched to two. Then 2% was with everyone else.

 

Chemnut and I played so much we did stuff like this without even being on comms.

 


Edited by dityboycom, 01 September 2016 - 04:24 PM.


General_Lee_Miserable #54 Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:23 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 317 battles
  • 1,616
  • Member since:
    07-27-2013

View Postdityboycom, on 01 September 2016 - 04:17 PM, said:

 

I forgot to even consider the planes he was flying.

 

ok. Lets pick a plane we both have.

 

J8M. The plane you claim you can't lose in if you tried. 

 

Me: 72% win - You: 67% win.

Me: 939 damage per -  You: 765 damage per. 

Me: 1.98 kills per - You 1.58 kills per

 

That wraps up that debate. 



dityboycom #55 Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:25 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 1 battle
  • 9,287
  • [BAGG] BAGG
  • Member since:
    08-23-2014

View PostDrewthesteelman, on 01 September 2016 - 12:23 PM, said:

 

ok. Lets pick a plane we both have.

 

J8M. The plane you claim you can't lose in if you tried. 

 

Me: 72% win - You: 67% win.

Me: 939 damage per -  You: 765 damage per. 

Me: 1.98 kills per - You 1.58 kills per

 

That wraps up that debate. 

 

Does it?

 

My stats prior to bots, maybe 5 games in it since bots, yours all bots. My stats against real people, your stats against bots.

 

My stats are from 3 man games, your stats are from 10v10 +



oldiowaguy #56 Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:27 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Open Beta Tester
  • 132 battles
  • 1,350
  • [4HIM] 4HIM
  • Member since:
    01-15-2013
Sorry drew, you don't stand a chance, even on Dity's bad days.

                                                                    

 


dityboycom #57 Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:27 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 1 battle
  • 9,287
  • [BAGG] BAGG
  • Member since:
    08-23-2014
Not to mention I didn't say you can't lose in it, the plane is useless against GAA. I said you can't die in it unless you choose too.

General_Lee_Miserable #58 Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:27 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 317 battles
  • 1,616
  • Member since:
    07-27-2013

View Postoldiowaguy, on 01 September 2016 - 04:27 PM, said:

Sorry drew, you don't stand a chance, even on Dity's bad days.

 

stay outta this, scrub :-)

dityboycom #59 Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:28 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 1 battle
  • 9,287
  • [BAGG] BAGG
  • Member since:
    08-23-2014

View PostDrewthesteelman, on 01 September 2016 - 12:27 PM, said:

 

stay outta this, scrub :-)

 

oldiowa taught me some of the things I try to teach you, that you're un willing to listen too.

 

You'll figure out that everyone in this community has something to offer.



GouIdy #60 Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:28 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 6 battles
  • 2,628
  • Member since:
    11-18-2013

View Postdityboycom, on 01 September 2016 - 12:25 PM, said:

 

Does it?

 

My stats prior to bots, maybe 5 games in it since bots, yours all bots. My stats against real people, your stats against bots.

 

My stats are from 3 man games, your stats are from 10v10 +

 

Don't forget the J8M's guns were even harder to land & did much less damage before they brought in the bot age gun mechanics.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users