SPAD SPAD S.510 S.510 Guide Review Replay Video

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

MagusGerhardt #1 Posted 31 August 2016 - 06:40 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 7455 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Well, the end of August is upon us and I figured that if I was going to do my annual fare of displaying the Wargaming anniversary gift aircraft during the month of the event I had best get it done and put up.  This one took me awhile due to real life concerns that have kept me away from the computer and even out of the house for extended periods of time.

Finally here she is, the SPAD S.510, the second French fighter released into the skies of Warplanes on the heels of the Caudron-Renault C.714 Cyclone released for sale earlier this year.  Historically the SPAD was put into active service but was retired before seeing action.

The SPAD's most important traits are great speed for a biplane, near top notch turning ability, a higher than average altitude band, short weapon range but long weapon endurance and a very small health pool.  The aircraft is quite versatile and is a fine low tier pilot trainer.  Fast yet nimble she is incredibly fun to fly until you catch a burst of gunfire from an enemy aircraft, then the fun (and most likely the battle) is over for you.

Being such an adaptable and versatile airframe in terms of combat maneuvers it is important to know your enemy's plane as well as your own.  Use your speed and altitude against more agile aircraft like the Japanese and Russian biplanes and use your close range firepower and fast turning against those tough rugged German biplanes.  Be wary of engaging things with tailgunners because even at full health the SPAD won't soak a lot of damage before you start getting critical damage.

The video runs long because I wanted to give examples of solo and flighted play in her.  The solo game was donated by FOG Heavy Cruiser Choukai and Magicbox flighted up with me for the second battle.

Good hunting!  :honoring:

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

cqiyuan #2 Posted 31 August 2016 - 06:50 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 12718 battles
  • [X3M] X3M
Good Video and Good quality post as usual! :honoring: 

BrushWolf #3 Posted 31 August 2016 - 03:45 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10677 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

It is a fun plane and as always an excellent video. On how the guns look I would say they are more like a Lewis gun than a Thompson though. The military Thompson's were clip fed anyway.

Lewis.JPG

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

MrE #4 Posted 31 August 2016 - 04:03 PM

Master Sergeant

• 7365 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
Awesome as always!!

PhoinexFire #5 Posted 31 August 2016 - 08:02 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 8595 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Good video!

1 user(s) are reading this topic