• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

FlakValleyExpress #1 Posted 29 August 2016 - 02:20 PM

Captain

• 64 battles

Anyone seen this on the blog?

http://blog.worldofwarplanes.com/indev/development-crew-swap/

Block Quote

Once you hover over the pilot’s or gunner’s portrait, you will see a new swap button that opens a new menu, which you can see on the screenshot. Keep in mind that this is a prototype and the final version might differ slightly.

What button Devs? Anyone seeing the button in the photo?

My main concern is the past history that the WoWP developers have taken liberties with crews in the WoWP community. And that history has not been good in crew recoverys. Far too long the Devs have a careless regard for the work that goes into seasoning a WoWP cew and to have it loss because of bad GUI button management (WoWP game) and no checks and balances in crew management. To often I have seen this result

I have experienced this as well as many other NA WoWP players too. Unless there is some check and balances in crew safety, the new proposal will become the FEB (Fast Empty Barracks) syndrome. Then we will not have the crew that we have developed for the past years.

I hear the other WG MMO games have crew dismissal safeguards. I hear WoWS has a five minute countdown before a crew is dismissed and WoT has a double check verification. However WoWP has no consumer protection of product for our crews. Until proven, I can not fully trust this new proposal. And we will never know if this new process will be helpful or a problem until a CT server test is done.  Which we will never see the likes of that ever again under the current developmental policy.

Edited by FlakValleyExpress, 29 August 2016 - 02:24 PM.

1.X WoWP veteran - Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0 - Non-Russian

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature- Let's be Professional, Fix it! - Be the gold standard for MMO warplanes. Ditch the Zero and get with a Hero WoWP - Best troll game in 2018/2019

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

RedSpartacus #2 Posted 29 August 2016 - 02:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles

With the new crew skills I've stopped swapping pilots. It's really convenient to just click on the plane and off you start to the battle.

I even keep the same crew in my premiums. The majority of my pilots have no skills at all except for my highest tier planes.

Gaining the next skill on those would require hundreds of battles even if I swap them to premiums. Might be a nice function but I'm not interested any more.

RUN WITH THE PACK

Noreaga #3 Posted 29 August 2016 - 03:44 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

This would have been great to have, before the crew changes i agree with Red. The new way crews gain exp, makes switching not really worth it. 

It brings us in line with the other titles at least.

Nimis obnoxii curare

losttwo #4 Posted 29 August 2016 - 05:27 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

The next big step in WG crew agenda is :

IF your plane is destroyed and your pilot is killed you will then have to purchase a new pilot for 90K credits and begin training from scratch.

Of course if you want more than 1 skill just use free XP or GOLD and train him up.

Lets hope this is not the first time WG decides to reads the forums or they will think it is a good idea and implement it.

Porkins_Jr #5 Posted 29 August 2016 - 06:38 PM

Major

• 0 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG
This whole exercise is just to bring WoWP crew in line with Tanks. Why? I have no idea. Like I said though, it's a good sign. Why would they bother if they were going to shut it down soon?

pyantoryng #6 Posted 29 August 2016 - 06:39 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2177 battles
Just...get...rid...of...the...crew...tab...already...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

dityboycom #7 Posted 29 August 2016 - 07:19 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG
positive changess

Porkins_Jr #8 Posted 29 August 2016 - 08:14 PM

Major

• 0 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View Postpyantoryng, on 29 August 2016 - 02:39 PM, said:

Just...get...rid...of...the...crew...tab...already...

View Postdityboycom, on 29 August 2016 - 03:19 PM, said:

positive changess

I like the new crew skills too. Get rid of the crew tab? For the first time they are actually useful.

Edited by Porkins_Jr, 29 August 2016 - 08:14 PM.

mnbv_fockewulfe #9 Posted 29 August 2016 - 08:15 PM

Captain

• 622 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostPorkins_Jr, on 29 August 2016 - 06:38 PM, said:

This whole exercise is just to bring WoWP crew in line with Tanks. Why? I have no idea. Like I said though, it's a good sign. Why would they bother if they were going to shut it down soon?

Darn your positivity.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

Noreaga #10 Posted 29 August 2016 - 08:22 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
They take crews outside the norm of the WG universe then they make crew switch to match... must be fun to live in their reality.

Nimis obnoxii curare

Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Chokai #11 Posted 30 August 2016 - 05:43 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 45 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

All I want, and I hope this enables it- 

Like WoWS. Say "Assign pilot from Barracks" and "Assign pilot from other plane". That way, I can switch my pilots to my premiums and back far more easily.

The (not so) amazing Chokai is back! And he's hit all his personal goals sans one! Seriously though, nice to be back, looks like he game is improving. I continue to try to recruit new people.

Also tagged with news

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users