population and advertising

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

_Laserguided_ #21 Posted 28 August 2016 - 11:18 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostQuesnel, on 27 August 2016 - 11:53 PM, said:

Meh, Ford still advertised the Pinto and sold a pile of them (even after the bad reputation it rightly earned)!

Sales were cut to half after the fiasco and it's no wondered the company needed billions from the government to remain solvent... And it seems gamers are more picky than people who are brand loyal even in the face of cars bursting into flames.

Because it feels to me like you guys would rather play with [edit] Laserguided and that [edit] me off. A [edit]  lot.  -- Auto

"Dont doubt my computer skills,I started with a pentium 2" -- Chuck

Thanks zipper..-- Mars

_Laserguided_ #22 Posted 28 August 2016 - 11:27 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostTeamTerrible, on 28 August 2016 - 01:34 AM, said:

Yeah they make us in Detriot think the Lions are going to be better each year but that won't happen until they sell the team to someone who cares

They constantly stink and somehow draw a full house each week for the most part.

Quesnel has a good point....you see an ad enough and eventually you think you are missing out on something.

Of course they eventually figure out the truth but if you keep rotating your stock like the Lions rotate coaches/players and front office personnel then the cash keeps coming

Football game is an event... Most teams only have eight regular season games and many people attend for the spectacle itself.

It's truly wishful thinking to believe this game can be advertised out of the hole it created for itself.

Edited by _Laserguided_, 28 August 2016 - 11:28 PM.

Because it feels to me like you guys would rather play with [edit] Laserguided and that [edit] me off. A [edit]  lot.  -- Auto

Thanks zipper..-- Mars

MagusGerhardt #23 Posted 28 August 2016 - 11:29 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 504 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Post_Laserguided_, on 28 August 2016 - 04:27 PM, said:

Football game is an event... Most teams only have regular season games and many people attend for the spectacle itself.

It's truly wishful thinking to believe this game can be advertised out of the hole it created for itself.

Going to disagree with you on that, Laser.

Advertising was never tried with this game.

None of us know what would happen if they actually tried it.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

Psicko23 #24 Posted 28 August 2016 - 11:35 PM

First Lieutenant

• 16 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
If they advertised now, it wouldn't help. If they advertised in the beginning as well as putting in end game content, it probably would worked well. But we will never know. 

_Laserguided_ #25 Posted 28 August 2016 - 11:36 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 28 August 2016 - 03:29 PM, said:

Going to disagree with you on that, Laser.

Advertising was never tried with this game.

None of us know what would happen if they actually tried it.

My guess is they figured it was a lost cause when they couldn't even bribe people who were already customers of their Tank game to help populate the server apart from a weekend event. The closed launched party was the telling event that told me they were simply going through the motions.  Of course from there they dismantled the community staff and and now there is no true staff dedicated to the game. The last time I saw Gunlion he was in a corner of the office like some outpost in Alaska waiting for the Russians to invade :P

Thanks zipper..-- Mars

TeamTerrible #26 Posted 29 August 2016 - 01:11 AM

First Lieutenant

• 157 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostPsicko23, on 28 August 2016 - 06:35 PM, said:

If they advertised now, it wouldn't help. If they advertised in the beginning as well as putting in end game content, it probably would worked well. But we will never know. 

Meh, most people don't even know this game exists

Its rather hard to dislike something that you are unaware of

It holds a good meta score rating, not the greatest but its not along the lines of suck

End game content for people who have just been made aware of the title can come later, they have yet to graze tier 1 so i doubt they'd care about the end until they too are ready for it

If they wanted to they could apply it and maybe bring back some of the old players but they show strong signs of not wanting its veteran players around and are just too chicken to admit it

I mean really....how much hurt could come from mentioning this title on one of their other game ads??

Big deal, buy more cat food and get the poor thing a litter box, our developer may need to apply something other than amusing WG's staff 

Psicko23 #27 Posted 29 August 2016 - 03:11 AM

First Lieutenant

• 16 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

Sure this is a relatively unknown game. The players who like air 2 air combat games probably know this game exists. The ones who don't like plane battle games probably don't know this exists and wouldn't care. It should have been advertised at the beginning and had clan wars implemented. If they did advertising now I'm sure some people would check it out, but if Persha doesn't take any steps afterwards(which they seem good at) then its all done in vain. 

Edited for spelling and grammar. 

Edited by Psicko23, 29 August 2016 - 03:12 AM.

Solodive #28 Posted 30 August 2016 - 12:26 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20 battles
If they would just fix the controller controls a huge amount of players would returned. I have not played this game in almost 2 years because the controller configuration is nothing short of completely BOTCHED!

Chuck_norris10 #29 Posted 30 August 2016 - 12:33 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 235 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostSolodive, on 29 August 2016 - 05:26 PM, said:

If they would just fix the controller controls a huge amount of players would returned. I have not played this game in almost 2 years because the controller configuration is nothing short of completely BOTCHED!

You mean joystick controls?

MagusGerhardt #30 Posted 30 August 2016 - 12:44 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 504 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostChuck_norris10, on 29 August 2016 - 05:33 PM, said:

You mean joystick controls?

No, he means game controller input, which has been an absolute trainwreck since at least 1.5

It may have gotten fouled up earlier than that and has never been fixed.  I don't know of a single game controller player who started off in this game and is still here taking the abuse.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

Elias_Sims #31 Posted 30 August 2016 - 03:37 AM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Post_Laserguided_, on 28 August 2016 - 06:36 PM, said:

My guess is they figured it was a lost cause when they couldn't even bribe people who were already customers of their Tank game to help populate the server apart from a weekend event. The closed launched party was the telling event that told me they were simply going through the motions.  Of course from there they dismantled the community staff and and now there is no true staff dedicated to the game. The last time I saw Gunlion he was in a corner of the office like some outpost in Alaska waiting for the Russians to invade :P

Pretty sure that was the guy who took the fall for Murmanskgate over at WoWS

Porkins_Jr #32 Posted 30 August 2016 - 10:47 AM

Major

• 0 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG
Time is an ally for this game. A while ago many people hated it, thought it sucked, wouldn't dream of trying it again, etc. Now most people outside of this forum haven't even heard of it. More time = more of a blank slate.

_Laserguided_ #33 Posted 31 August 2016 - 12:54 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostPorkins_Jr, on 30 August 2016 - 02:47 AM, said:

Time is an ally for this game. A while ago many people hated it, thought it sucked, wouldn't dream of trying it again, etc. Now most people outside of this forum haven't even heard of it. More time = more of a blank slate.

Time is a double-edge sword and that idea people will be ignorant to the Greek Tragedy that is this game is wishful thinking.

Thanks zipper..-- Mars

Porkins_Jr #34 Posted 31 August 2016 - 02:39 AM

Major

• 0 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View Post_Laserguided_, on 30 August 2016 - 08:54 PM, said:

Time is a double-edge sword and that idea people will be ignorant to the Greek Tragedy that is this game is wishful thinking.

It depends on what WG does with the time. They have a better shot today than a year or two ago when the game was being roasted to death in the press and with bad word of mouth. Today it is basically ignored. Easier to come back from indifference than from ridicule.

_Laserguided_ #35 Posted 31 August 2016 - 02:59 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostPorkins_Jr, on 30 August 2016 - 06:39 PM, said:

It depends on what WG does with the time. They have a better shot today than a year or two ago when the game was being roasted to death in the press and with bad word of mouth. Today it is basically ignored. Easier to come back from indifference than from ridicule.

Are you considering WG's track record? The gaming community isn't a bunch of fools with their heads buried in the sand.

Thanks zipper..-- Mars

Porkins_Jr #36 Posted 31 August 2016 - 03:07 AM

Major

• 0 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View Post_Laserguided_, on 30 August 2016 - 10:59 PM, said:

Are you considering WG's track record? The gaming community isn't a bunch of fools with their heads buried in the sand.

A lot of gamers weren't even gamers yet when WoWP came out, if WG actually fixed the game they'd give it a try, that's my opinion anyway...

_Laserguided_ #37 Posted 31 August 2016 - 03:39 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostPorkins_Jr, on 30 August 2016 - 07:07 PM, said:

A lot of gamers weren't even gamers yet when WoWP came out, if WG actually fixed the game they'd give it a try, that's my opinion anyway...

Flying games generally don't have broad appeal, and this one has issues and the company tends to pour gasoline those issues, not fix them

Thanks zipper..-- Mars

Sojo #38 Posted 31 August 2016 - 03:51 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostPorkins_Jr, on 30 August 2016 - 06:47 AM, said:

Absolutely upside-down way of looking at it.  They've had ample time and decided to nothing with it.  They've already announced they decided not to fix the game and just dribble out some updates now and then.  It's time to start coming to that realization.  A track record of accomplishing very little over the last several years would not tend to indicate they're about to start accomplishing a lot any time soon.

They're not biding time for the right opportunity, biding time is the endstate.  

Even Ghostprime has quit with, "Cool things are coming!" because they aren't.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users