population and advertising

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Chuck_norris10 #1 Posted 27 August 2016 - 06:11 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2076 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

Ok folks,just a thought about how they could advertise a bit.

On another game I play they have had a population problem like this game and they introduced a feature called a cinetheater.

When you click on it you get 3 options of short trailers to watch and at the end of the video you get a production bonus for 12 hours.

The trailers are 20 seconds to a minute long and are advertisements for their other games.

You could incorporate this feature into ships,tanks and world of warplanes games and have a reward like a token or something that could be used in any of the 3 games.

a 20 second ad is easy to breeze through when there's a reward at the end and maybe we will get some players as the game is rarely advertised anywhere else.

Thoughts?

Psicko23 #2 Posted 27 August 2016 - 06:47 PM

First Lieutenant

• 24 battles
A 20 second ad while waiting for a queue wouldn't be bad, how much did that increase the population of the other game you mentioned? 

Qian_Xuesen #3 Posted 27 August 2016 - 07:05 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
nice idea I thought wowp is going  to go bust

Porkins_Jr #4 Posted 27 August 2016 - 07:32 PM

Major

• 0 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostQian_Xuesen, on 27 August 2016 - 03:05 PM, said:

nice idea I thought wowp is going  to go bust

Sometimes I can't believe the game is still going and being developed.

I can only assume they have some sort of plan, Bandet had some thought-provoking ideas on the topic a week or two ago.

Chuck_norris10 #5 Posted 27 August 2016 - 07:32 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2076 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostPsicko23, on 27 August 2016 - 11:47 AM, said:

A 20 second ad while waiting for a queue wouldn't be bad, how much did that increase the population of the other game you mentioned? 

It stopped the decline but these other guys have a dozen or more games I dont play but am now interested after watching a few trailers for my bonus.It would have to be in all 3 games I mention to maybe lure a few others over from tanks or ships.

Chuck_norris10 #6 Posted 27 August 2016 - 08:05 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2076 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

This would be easy to do,a spot in your hanger where you click,watch some trailers for other games and get a token or something at the end.

The token could be used in all games advertised and at the end of the video is a link to play the game. 

I know it works because I swore off any more games and deleted quite a few but some of these they show look like fun and they have piqued my interest.

They initially advertised this game on release(WOWP) to everyone and if you search for any problems you have you will come across topic after topic from people that saw the ads,tried the game but could not afford a pc that would play it at the level it was meant to be played at.These topics are long archived but none of the noobs stayed so at least this will target gamers who do have good computers.

Edited by Chuck_norris10, 27 August 2016 - 08:10 PM.

Chuck_norris10 #7 Posted 27 August 2016 - 08:36 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2076 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostPsicko23, on 27 August 2016 - 11:47 AM, said:

Nope,not while waiting in the queue,Needs to be a separate function where you have to click to get your reward,something like they used to do with rats.

heh heh!

If anyone wants the name of the game doing this pm me and I'll send you the info. 

If I post a link I will get red inked for sure.

_Laserguided_ #8 Posted 27 August 2016 - 11:35 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Advertising a broken(anything) game isn't a smart play and generally a waste of time and money. The game has some serious issues that need to be resolved before they attempt to gain new players.

Because it feels to me like you guys would rather play with [edit] Laserguided and that [edit] me off. A [edit]  lot.  -- Auto

"Dont doubt my computer skills,I started with a pentium 2" -- Chuck

Thanks zipper..-- Mars

MagusGerhardt #9 Posted 27 August 2016 - 11:55 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 784 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Post_Laserguided_, on 27 August 2016 - 04:35 PM, said:

Advertising a broken(anything) game isn't a smart play and generally a waste of time and money. The game has some serious issues that need to be resolved before they attempt to gain new players.

Suddenly a wild Laserguided appears!  :ohmy:

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

losttwo #10 Posted 28 August 2016 - 02:29 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 4942 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Post_Laserguided_, on 27 August 2016 - 06:35 PM, said:

QFT

Bandet #11 Posted 28 August 2016 - 03:02 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
because the game is crap. Why would they advertise?

To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.

TeamTerrible #12 Posted 28 August 2016 - 03:35 AM

First Lieutenant

• 230 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Sadly the serious issues seem almost intentionally applied

GeorgePatton #13 Posted 28 August 2016 - 04:08 AM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 1509 battles

Agreed. Add clan wars, offer like 1k gold for everybody that gets 2 victories per day for a month, and your problem will self-solve. The game is fun right now, if you didn't have the bots. Yeah, there's a lot of people here on the forum that don't like X, Y, or Z about the game, but most of the complaints I see on here aren't really relevant to the game anymore. Things like bouncy planes haven't happened in a LONG time, bad MM is fixed, collisions are fixed (just don't try to ram that GA guys, please?), TnB is well balanced vs BnZ (as long as you're not dependent on bots...), heavy fighter boost has been nerfed, etc.

I'm not saying the game is perfect - it's not... But it is at a fun state where I think it would hold the interest of people who came to check it out as long as you can draw enough in at once to basically remove bots for a month while everybody figures it out. I don't think any F2P MMO that's constantly being developed will ever be 'perfect' - the aim should be perfect, but the result should be fun while it's worked on and I think we're at that point now if they push some kind of clan wars and bring in enough people to offset bots.

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

_Laserguided_ #14 Posted 28 August 2016 - 06:06 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

The game isn't fun enough right now(and hasn't been for awhile) to get passed the well earned bad reputation Wargaming has bestowed on it...If this wasn't the sad truth the people I know who really enjoyed this game would be playing it.

Edited by _Laserguided_, 28 August 2016 - 06:07 AM.

Because it feels to me like you guys would rather play with [edit] Laserguided and that [edit] me off. A [edit]  lot.  -- Auto

"Dont doubt my computer skills,I started with a pentium 2" -- Chuck

Thanks zipper..-- Mars

Quesnel #15 Posted 28 August 2016 - 07:53 AM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 584 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
Meh, Ford still advertised the Pinto and sold a pile of them (even after the bad reputation it rightly earned)!

TeamTerrible #16 Posted 28 August 2016 - 09:34 AM

First Lieutenant

• 230 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostQuesnel, on 28 August 2016 - 02:53 AM, said:

Meh, Ford still advertised the Pinto and sold a pile of them (even after the bad reputation it rightly earned)!

Yeah they make us in Detriot think the Lions are going to be better each year but that won't happen until they sell the team to someone who cares

They constantly stink and somehow draw a full house each week for the most part.

Quesnel has a good point....you see an ad enough and eventually you think you are missing out on something.

Of course they eventually figure out the truth but if you keep rotating your stock like the Lions rotate coaches/players and front office personnel then the cash keeps coming

tahee59 #17 Posted 28 August 2016 - 11:05 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 22 battles
The Pinto and Vega were a poc till someone found a way to put a small block chevy in them. That's what wg needs outside help to fix this game.

Noreaga #18 Posted 28 August 2016 - 05:44 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
ok we get all those players back somehow, what is going to keep them around? Lots of gameplay issues and all that, but people look past that temporarily if the end goal is fun and interesting. what do we have? oh yay another plane to grind.

Nimis obnoxii curare

dmarsha9 #19 Posted 28 August 2016 - 07:37 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostTeamTerrible, on 28 August 2016 - 04:34 AM, said:

Yeah they make us in Detriot think the Lions are going to be better each year but that won't happen until they sell the team to someone who cares

On a side note Town Club is selling "Honolulu Blue" cream soda. All you have to do is drink enough kool aid and you will believe.

Edited by dmarsha9, 28 August 2016 - 07:37 PM.

GeorgePatton #20 Posted 28 August 2016 - 07:57 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 1509 battles

View PostNoreaga, on 28 August 2016 - 12:44 PM, said:

ok we get all those players back somehow, what is going to keep them around? Lots of gameplay issues and all that, but people look past that temporarily if the end goal is fun and interesting. what do we have? oh yay another plane to grind.

That's why I said that for bringing in a bunch of people again, they'd need to add CW first - that way there's something for them to stay for. That's the main issue with the game right now. Nothing to stay for unless you're just hooked on free air combat in a slightly-better-than-that-other-game format.

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users