What happened to this game?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

GouIdy #41 Posted 26 August 2016 - 03:28 PM

First Lieutenant

• 6 battles

View PostGeorgePatton, on 26 August 2016 - 10:55 AM, said:

On the topic of trolls ruining productive conversation on the forums...

I don't think they have. I think the trolls are a reaction from people who came here thinking that it was a source of communication with the developers, and after hundreds of attempts to get some developer response (or even just employee response) to topics of importance, they saw Wargaming doesn't care enough to reply and show us how our feedback is being processed, etc and they became jaded. Now the realize the futility of even trying and so they troll stuff as a way of showing their dissatisfaction. 

Cheers!
Glenn

Yet there are still some here who start multiple threads about how to fix the game & demand changes/content all the time knowing that they will never get a response from WGing. This just leads to the exact same arguments that have already happened a hundred times. In my eyes these are the true trolls & get treated as such.

Atemerus #42 Posted 05 September 2016 - 06:09 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 75 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

gonna say it WHY WoWp has a low population...and the reason of it.

Around the updates 1.0.0 and 1.5 the maneuver of ALL planes was reduced (they turned them sluggish), this pissed off the normal players that liked high speeds (one of those was me) and by the time they did so a certain similar game appeared they had a more realistic basis and also the planes had more speed, that meant faster games, wider maps, blah blah blah. so they went for it.
The mistake WG did was to bring world of tanks to the air, you cannot make planes behave like that, if they do give mroe speed to the matches people will come back to the game.

But all of this I doubt it since WG has a long time that doesnt hear its players. And this post will be erased and ill may banned. But hopefully they do read about this and think at least "wthr we doing wrong here?" But I guess  they wont.

Zapperguy #43 Posted 05 September 2016 - 01:04 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostBandet, on 24 August 2016 - 10:50 AM, said:

Wargaming never added endgame content so everyone quit.

It's not quite as simple as this. I really doubt players with 100-300 battles quit because there was no end game.

No other game modes, bad patches, and a fairly low population for a MMO (even upon release) are more likely reasons for those with so few battles to bail.

I'm happy to see new players arrive and old players return.

I'm disappointed in some of the long-time members of our community for the nasty receptions and thread hijackings with which they've greeted both new players and returning players recently.

To those folks, try to remember who you're mad at. If WG wronged you then don't take it out on other players. It's not their fault WG hasn't provided an end game or clan wars.

:honoring:

anarky321 #44 Posted 05 September 2016 - 01:12 PM

Senior Airman

• 16 battles
id say the #1 problem is that the servers can't provide a smooth fps.....everything else is secondary

Dreamer_Z #45 Posted 05 September 2016 - 07:00 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 30 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostSOJO, on 24 August 2016 - 02:59 PM, said:

I'm New! Where is my Participation Trophy?

Always puts a smile , when I hear this. 

_Laserguided_ #46 Posted 05 September 2016 - 08:23 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostWilbury, on 25 August 2016 - 05:20 PM, said:

I don't agree with Rosebud. I don't think the trolls stopped people playing the game. I do think they stop people posting here, which isn't helpful (but that's as far as I would go with it). My take on it is that when the population took a dive the trolls, who are often quite senior in terms of battle count, stuck around. I don't know why. But now there's this forum, which is half trolling no matter what happy shiny words people want to substitute or what excuses are made. The trolls didn't ruin the game, they just inhibited communication and understanding throughout the process. Noreaga's post would be spot on, if I hadn't seen people with a hundred battles ask simple questions and be berated dozens of times. 

They didn't ruin the game, they just shouted down anyone who tried to fix it. 

Also, they're always right, even when they're obviously wrong. If you disagree, there are a couple dozen others who will shout you down. 

You can't possibly believe this place is productive. Now ask yourself why.

That's it from me this month guys, have fun.

Who here shouted down anyone at Wargaming?

Because it feels to me like you guys would rather play with [edit] Laserguided and that [edit] me off. A [edit]  lot.  -- Auto

"Dont doubt my computer skills,I started with a pentium 2" -- Chuck

Thanks zipper..-- Mars

Bandet #47 Posted 06 September 2016 - 06:27 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
All of a sudden, anyone who has any differing opinion than your own is now a troll, and you never have to discuss anything anymore. Anyone who disagrees with your allmighty wisdom you just call a troll!

To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.

Noreaga #48 Posted 06 September 2016 - 09:25 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

if your line of argument is not theirs you are troll. 

i agree with the slowing down part, they had a population that like to fly and not swim. I would say 1.0-1.5 is a textbook what not to do in game development. It is part of a many faceted problem that ultimately narrows down to Perhsa or WG not having a critical path or changing their critical path. 

this has become such a disaster that there really is no true reason for it, can't we just put it down to incompetence and move on?

Nimis obnoxii curare

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users