Jump to content


What happened to this game?


  • Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Psicko23 #21 Posted 25 August 2016 - 01:56 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 22 battles
  • 2,722
  • [-WS-] -WS-
  • Member since:
    02-04-2014

View PostErich_Hartmann19522, on 24 August 2016 - 07:15 AM, said:

 

Just reading through some of the horror stories here on the forum, I'm guessing that v1.6 happened.  Glad I wasn't here for that.

 

it started with 1.5, then 1.6 made it worse. In 1.7 the population got so bad we had to have our own version of mm to make sure we didn't wait 20 minutes or longer for a 1v1 game(I saw a screen shot of someone waiting almost an hour). It took a few months to get rid of 1v1. The new mm made 3v3's in less than a minute usually(usually within 30 seconds) even when there was 10-20 people in the same tiers or the same and one above and/or below. It feels like they changed it later in 1.8 because I was getting 5v5 and sometimes even more. I think I had a 10v10 once in 1.8.

View PostRosebud, on 24 August 2016 - 02:37 PM, said:

 

Well to be honest they play about 117 games, come to the forums, post and realize what kind of people their dealing with. After that its anybody's guess.

Do stick around though...we are not as bad as we seem (that of course is a lie) we are far worse. This is us being reserved.

 

Not true. Here you go blaming players again. The forum represents a very small fraction of the players in the game. Most players never make it to the forums. The forums were a lot more friendlier back when this game had a population. Sure you had one or two trolls like any forum. The low population fed the dissention and led to a lot more trolls. Wargaming allowed Persha to ignore the broken things and break the things that weren't broken. They never gave us end game content. Several years after release, clan wars is still coming "soon," but according to you it was the players that drove the people away. Let's see. You said removal of 3 man flights will help with population. Over a year if not two years of 2 man flights I still have yet to see a population spike due to 3 man flights. People have said make mm fair and only have a two tier battle. The fair mm made 1v1 after a 20 minute wait in queue. Far from being an mmo. It was Persha, not the players that caused the population to drop. Yes, I'm still here playing along hoping one of these days Persha will get their heads out of their collective rectums and fix this game. 



Wilbury #22 Posted 25 August 2016 - 06:20 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 22 battles
  • 1,273
  • Member since:
    12-12-2013

View PostPsicko23, on 25 August 2016 - 07:56 AM, said:

 

<snip>

 

The forums were a lot more friendlier back when this game had a population. Sure you had one or two trolls like any forum. The low population fed the dissention and led to a lot more trolls. 

 

<snip>

 

And the trolls never left. That's what Rosebud's saying, and he's right. You are correct too, but just as players can't be blamed for the state of the game, the state of the forums can't be blamed on the state of the game. Trolling is trolling, it has an effect, and saying otherwise is an indication of a guilty conscience, or complicity. 


Edited by Wilbury, 25 August 2016 - 06:22 PM.

Our life has a boundary but there is no boundary to knowledge.
To use what has a boundary to pursue what is limitless is dangerous.


Noreaga #23 Posted 25 August 2016 - 06:33 PM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • 3,035
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    03-05-2012

I don't see what you guys are talking about... your behaviour and the tone of the post sets the tone of response not "this" forum. . Yes, If you are a self entitled little "beep", you will have a rough time on the forums. Lots of examples of good questions answered by these so called trolls, without trolling. Give them an excuse like " I died, Unfair" or "flights are unfair" you will get it and honestly you should. 

 

Give your forum a chance to feel like the are being constructive and they will continue to be constructive, prove to them that this place is 99% nonconstructive (which they have) and you will get 99% noncontructive posts. 

 

best guys,

 

 


Nimis obnoxii curare


Bandet #24 Posted 25 August 2016 - 07:11 PM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 3,225
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    03-25-2012

View PostNoreaga, on 25 August 2016 - 12:33 PM, said:

I don't see what you guys are talking about... your behaviour and the tone of the post sets the tone of response not "this" forum. . Yes, If you are a self entitled little "beep", you will have a rough time on the forums. Lots of examples of good questions answered by these so called trolls, without trolling. Give them an excuse like " I died, Unfair" or "flights are unfair" you will get it and honestly you should. 

 

Give your forum a chance to feel like the are being constructive and they will continue to be constructive, prove to them that this place is 99% nonconstructive (which they have) and you will get 99% noncontructive posts. 

 

best guys,

 

 

 

This.

The internet is not your safe space.

 


To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.


dityboycom #25 Posted 25 August 2016 - 07:19 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 1 battle
  • 9,287
  • [BAGG] BAGG
  • Member since:
    08-23-2014

I'm probably one of the more well known trolls that reporter's like to focus on. I even did this.

 

http://forum.worldof...t-living-guide/



GeorgePatton #26 Posted 25 August 2016 - 07:30 PM

    газета

  • -Community Ace-
  • 578 battles
  • 5,269
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

View PostSOJO, on 24 August 2016 - 02:59 PM, said:

I'm New! Where is my Participation Trophy?

 

Wow, if you're new - I don't think I'm born yet! hahahaha :teethhappy:

 

View Postdityboycom, on 25 August 2016 - 02:19 PM, said:

I'm probably one of the more well known trolls that reporter's like to focus on. I even did this.

 

http://forum.worldof...t-living-guide/

 

I think you're just a big wannabe. :P Deep down inside you're a nice person - you just try to hide it! haha

 

 

Cheers!
Glenn


                                                                                                                                 Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.


dityboycom #27 Posted 25 August 2016 - 07:31 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 1 battle
  • 9,287
  • [BAGG] BAGG
  • Member since:
    08-23-2014
Well I always offer to help new players, they just never take me seriously. A few did, and look where they turned out, Gang, and Dusty.

GeorgePatton #28 Posted 25 August 2016 - 07:35 PM

    газета

  • -Community Ace-
  • 578 battles
  • 5,269
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

Yep!

 

 

Cheers!
Glenn


                                                                                                                                 Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.


Psicko23 #29 Posted 25 August 2016 - 08:17 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 22 battles
  • 2,722
  • [-WS-] -WS-
  • Member since:
    02-04-2014

View PostWilbury, on 25 August 2016 - 10:20 AM, said:

 

And the trolls never left. That's what Rosebud's saying, and he's right. You are correct too, but just as players can't be blamed for the state of the game, the state of the forums can't be blamed on the state of the game. Trolling is trolling, it has an effect, and saying otherwise is an indication of a guilty conscience, or complicity. 

 

Rosebud made it out like that when we had a bigger population, all the players came to the forum and poof our population was gone because our forum was filled with trolls. When new people come to the forum, most of us try to help. It's when people deny our help or deny the history of what happened in game and make suggestions for things that used to be in game and is now better, but they argue with us and call us trolls and to get out of their thread when we disagree with them(even when we aren't trolling). When they do that kind of stuff the trolls do pounce. Don't give the trolls ammunition and they won't attack. People don't drop it and feed the trolls a free buffet making the trolls worse on them. Noreaga's post was spot on. It should be common sense to not feed the trolls. Apparently people don't seem to learn this lesson. 

Porkins_Jr #30 Posted 25 August 2016 - 08:36 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 5,280
  • [BAGG] BAGG
  • Member since:
    12-10-2013
Honestly trolls are not a huge problem on this forum. I have been to many forums, this is tame.

Psicko23 #31 Posted 25 August 2016 - 08:45 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 22 battles
  • 2,722
  • [-WS-] -WS-
  • Member since:
    02-04-2014

View PostPorkins_Jr, on 25 August 2016 - 12:36 PM, said:

Honestly trolls are not a huge problem on this forum. I have been to many forums, this is tame.

 

Petty much. There was less trolling when the game had decent numbers, but even the trolling now isn't as bad as it is for other game forums. 

Wilbury #32 Posted 26 August 2016 - 01:20 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 22 battles
  • 1,273
  • Member since:
    12-12-2013

View PostPsicko23, on 25 August 2016 - 02:17 PM, said:

 

Rosebud made it out like that when we had a bigger population, all the players came to the forum and poof our population was gone because our forum was filled with trolls. When new people come to the forum, most of us try to help. It's when people deny our help or deny the history of what happened in game and make suggestions for things that used to be in game and is now better, but they argue with us and call us trolls and to get out of their thread when we disagree with them(even when we aren't trolling). When they do that kind of stuff the trolls do pounce. Don't give the trolls ammunition and they won't attack. People don't drop it and feed the trolls a free buffet making the trolls worse on them. Noreaga's post was spot on. It should be common sense to not feed the trolls. Apparently people don't seem to learn this lesson. 

 

I don't agree with Rosebud. I don't think the trolls stopped people playing the game. I do think they stop people posting here, which isn't helpful (but that's as far as I would go with it). My take on it is that when the population took a dive the trolls, who are often quite senior in terms of battle count, stuck around. I don't know why. But now there's this forum, which is half trolling no matter what happy shiny words people want to substitute or what excuses are made. The trolls didn't ruin the game, they just inhibited communication and understanding throughout the process. Noreaga's post would be spot on, if I hadn't seen people with a hundred battles ask simple questions and be berated dozens of times. 

 

They didn't ruin the game, they just shouted down anyone who tried to fix it. 

 

Also, they're always right, even when they're obviously wrong. If you disagree, there are a couple dozen others who will shout you down. 

 

You can't possibly believe this place is productive. Now ask yourself why.

 

 

That's it from me this month guys, have fun.


Our life has a boundary but there is no boundary to knowledge.
To use what has a boundary to pursue what is limitless is dangerous.


mnbv_fockewulfe #33 Posted 26 August 2016 - 01:41 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 493 battles
  • 3,400
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    12-06-2013
You know, the word, "troll" wasn't even used on the forum very much a little more than a month ago (when all of the new people showed up on the forum). :sceptic:

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

 


 


Dsembr_Rein #34 Posted 26 August 2016 - 01:45 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 125 battles
  • 1,271
  • [-WS-] -WS-
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 25 August 2016 - 07:41 PM, said:

You know, the word, "troll" wasn't even used on the forum very much a little more than a month ago (when all of the new people showed up on the forum). :sceptic:

 

Are you kidding? People have been calling others trolls for any little reason they choose for so long the word has lost all meaning here. The last time I saw anyone actually troll these boards was back when WT fanboys would post about how great this game was and that they were true converts, and they weren't even clever about it.

Rosebud #35 Posted 26 August 2016 - 03:20 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 12 battles
  • 1,039
  • Member since:
    12-27-2011

View PostPsicko23, on 25 August 2016 - 03:17 PM, said:

 

Rosebud made it out like that when we had a bigger population, all the players came to the forum and poof our population was gone because our forum was filled with trolls. When new people come to the forum, most of us try to help. It's when people deny our help or deny the history of what happened in game and make suggestions for things that used to be in game and is now better, but they argue with us and call us trolls and to get out of their thread when we disagree with them(even when we aren't trolling). When they do that kind of stuff the trolls do pounce. Don't give the trolls ammunition and they won't attack. People don't drop it and feed the trolls a free buffet making the trolls worse on them. Noreaga's post was spot on. It should be common sense to not feed the trolls. Apparently people don't seem to learn this lesson. 

 

View PostWilbury, on 25 August 2016 - 08:20 PM, said:

 

I don't agree with Rosebud. I don't think the trolls stopped people playing the game. I do think they stop people posting here, which isn't helpful (but that's as far as I would go with it). My take on it is that when the population took a dive the trolls, who are often quite senior in terms of battle count, stuck around. I don't know why. But now there's this forum, which is half trolling no matter what happy shiny words people want to substitute or what excuses are made. The trolls didn't ruin the game, they just inhibited communication and understanding throughout the process. Noreaga's post would be spot on, if I hadn't seen people with a hundred battles ask simple questions and be berated dozens of times. 

 

They didn't ruin the game, they just shouted down anyone who tried to fix it. 

 

Also, they're always right, even when they're obviously wrong. If you disagree, there are a couple dozen others who will shout you down. 

 

You can't possibly believe this place is productive. Now ask yourself why.

 

 

That's it from me this month guys, have fun.

 

​Hold on just a second here boys. What did I say? Ahhh look...my reply was just tongue in cheek and not meant as anything more than a joke.

 

This is the world we live in. I at one point was totally demoralized by it, but learned an important lesson. Sadly this is the new reality, at least when as it pertains to the forums and social media. It's the wild west. Truth and honesty be damned, conviction no matter it's honesty rules. If you step into the byway of internet conversation be prepared to draw your intellectual weapon and do battle. Damned is the person unwilling to absorb and return insults pound for pound. I don't agree with it...I don't like it... I don't condone it...but by god I will not allow it to govern me. Anyone that does, is either not up to the challenge or learning the ropes.



 


Noreaga #36 Posted 26 August 2016 - 01:58 PM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • 3,035
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    03-05-2012

View PostWilbury, on 25 August 2016 - 08:20 PM, said:

 Noreaga's post would be spot on, if I hadn't seen people with a hundred battles ask simple questions and be berated dozens of times. 

 

 

I had to respond to this because i have seen this a few times and the guys usually get told to calm down, but argument accepted you have seen it dozens of times. I have seen people helped and dealt with in a respectful way hundreds and hundreds times, I would put it at 50 to 1 positive to a question and 50 to 1 negative for a demand to change to game to your personal preference. This doesn't really mean anything, other than you have less experience or time here than i do. 

 

If you call down the trolls in any forum that is your fault, why here all of the sudden is it the forums fault?

 

see you in a month!


Nimis obnoxii curare


dityboycom #37 Posted 26 August 2016 - 02:14 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 1 battle
  • 9,287
  • [BAGG] BAGG
  • Member since:
    08-23-2014

View PostNoreaga, on 26 August 2016 - 09:58 AM, said:

I had to respond to this because i have seen this a few times and the guys usually get told to calm down, but argument accepted you have seen it dozens of times. I have seen people helped and dealt with in a respectful way hundreds and hundreds times, I would put it at 50 to 1 positive to a question and 50 to 1 negative for a demand to change to game to your personal preference. This doesn't really mean anything, other than you have less experience or time here than i do. 

 

If you call down the trolls in any forum that is your fault, why here all of the sudden is it the forums fault?

 

see you in a month!

 

What is going on for a month?

Porkins_Jr #38 Posted 26 August 2016 - 02:32 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 5,280
  • [BAGG] BAGG
  • Member since:
    12-10-2013

View Postdityboycom, on 26 August 2016 - 10:14 AM, said:

 

What is going on for a month?

 

Wilbury said he is out for a month, he comes by once a month or so.

GeorgePatton #39 Posted 26 August 2016 - 02:55 PM

    газета

  • -Community Ace-
  • 578 battles
  • 5,269
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

On the topic of trolls ruining productive conversation on the forums...

 

I don't think they have. I think the trolls are a reaction from people who came here thinking that it was a source of communication with the developers, and after hundreds of attempts to get some developer response (or even just employee response) to topics of importance, they saw Wargaming doesn't care enough to reply and show us how our feedback is being processed, etc and they became jaded. Now the realize the futility of even trying and so they troll stuff as a way of showing their dissatisfaction. 

 

 

Cheers!
Glenn


                                                                                                                                 Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.


dityboycom #40 Posted 26 August 2016 - 03:19 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 1 battle
  • 9,287
  • [BAGG] BAGG
  • Member since:
    08-23-2014

View PostGeorgePatton, on 26 August 2016 - 10:55 AM, said:

On the topic of trolls ruining productive conversation on the forums...

 

I don't think they have. I think the trolls are a reaction from people who came here thinking that it was a source of communication with the developers, and after hundreds of attempts to get some developer response (or even just employee response) to topics of importance, they saw Wargaming doesn't care enough to reply and show us how our feedback is being processed, etc and they became jaded. Now the realize the futility of even trying and so they troll stuff as a way of showing their dissatisfaction. 

 

 

Cheers!
Glenn

 

pretty close

 

You let those who come here actually lookign for an answer know they will never get one, so don't waste their time. Not our fault they get upset and think Wargaming might be a half way decent company. We're merely trying to help.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users