• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

Bandet #41 Posted 23 August 2016 - 06:54 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2468 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postdityboycom, on 23 August 2016 - 12:36 PM, said:

It never meant anything before PR or Bot's because the top players were like Bandet, has beens who played 2 or 3 games a night and logged off to preserve their win rates. 

To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.

dityboycom #42 Posted 23 August 2016 - 06:56 PM

Colonel

• 10139 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostBandet, on 23 August 2016 - 02:54 PM, said:

The games passed us both by buddy, last time I saw you play, you went head on with a heavy in a light fighter. Nothing more needs to be said.

WOW

Noreaga #43 Posted 23 August 2016 - 07:00 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8691 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

well this de-rail was way to much fun not to go to youtube  :trollface:

American football vs Rugby

well thank you for that diversion!

Nimis obnoxii curare

Porkins_Jr #44 Posted 23 August 2016 - 07:02 PM

Major

• 14402 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostBandet, on 23 August 2016 - 01:58 PM, said:

Having GA aircraft be relevant would be like if the NFL team decided to have a role on the field be designed specifically for someone who was otherwise not skilled enough to do anything relevant, and was just there so he could have fun. Which is ridiculous.

But why do you assume GA is easier than flying fighters? They are two different skill sets. A good GA pilot must be skilled in evasion, stealth, rocketry, bombing both stationary GTs and attacking fighters, superiority-bar management, etc etc. Fighter pilots need a different skill set, although there is more overlap. I am interested in what your justification for saying fighter skills are better than GA skills. Seems to me that is an arbitrary decision because you are a good fighter pilot and (I am assuming) an awful GA pilot.

View Postdityboycom, on 23 August 2016 - 02:18 PM, said:

Seeing as no one values the ground game, the personal rating system useless, as your stats in a GAA are irrelevant to most.

My idea, which no one ever comments on when I mention it, is to make the superiority bar fill more quickly. After a few weeks of people complaining that the game is ruined now, etc etc etc...everyone would acclimate to the changes and GAAs (and finding/killing GAAs) would be a heck of a lot more essential to winning the game.

View Postdityboycom, on 23 August 2016 - 02:36 PM, said:

Plenty of guys with amazing stats, that are some of the most awful pilots in this game.

So what's your ideas on how to fix the game so that awful pilots have awful stats, and good pilots have good stats?

View Postdityboycom, on 23 August 2016 - 02:43 PM, said:

Yeah, used to have air craft carriers the whole 9. When you destroyed the HQ it only made the enemy AA weaker, it didn't do anything significant. Your 32/32 targets right now are where most of the old HQ's were.

There are still two maps with 36 point targets.

Bandet #45 Posted 23 August 2016 - 07:03 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2468 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

It's only natural dity.

I have forgotten more about this game than you will ever know.

To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.

Bandet #46 Posted 23 August 2016 - 07:09 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2468 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostPorkins_Jr, on 23 August 2016 - 01:02 PM, said:

But why do you assume GA is easier than flying fighters? They are two different skill sets. A good GA pilot must be skilled in evasion, stealth, rocketry, bombing both stationary GTs and attacking fighters, superiority-bar management, etc etc. Fighter pilots need a different skill set, although there is more overlap. I am interested in what your justification for saying fighter skills are better than GA skills. Seems to me that is an arbitrary decision because you are a good fighter pilot and (I am assuming) an awful GA pilot.

Stop fooling yourself.

A GA's success rate has absolutely nothing to do with the pilot. It is entirely dependent on the skill of the people killing them. You getting a thunder is nothing more than the enemy happening to not bother to kill you until a little bit later in the match than normal.

Mackunaima #47 Posted 23 August 2016 - 07:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20126 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View PostNoreaga, on 23 August 2016 - 04:00 PM, said:

well this de-rail was way to much fun not to go to youtube  :trollface:

American football vs Rugby

well thank you for that diversion!

The difference between football and soccer is: When you are playing football you are almost all the time waiting for a violent moviment towards you, but when you plat soccer you are not expecting to have a guy jumping on your legs when them are rigids like an stick. We don't use helmet or full body armor. :)

"Soccer is a gentleman's game played by hooligans; Football is a hooligan's game played by gentlemen”.

Edited by Mackunaima, 23 August 2016 - 07:13 PM.

"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?" - Gimli

dityboycom #48 Posted 23 August 2016 - 07:12 PM

Colonel

• 10139 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostPorkins_Jr, on 23 August 2016 - 03:02 PM, said:

But why do you assume GA is easier than flying fighters? They are two different skill sets. A good GA pilot must be skilled in evasion, stealth, rocketry, bombing both stationary GTs and attacking fighters, superiority-bar management, etc etc. Fighter pilots need a different skill set, although there is more overlap. I am interested in what your justification for saying fighter skills are better than GA skills. Seems to me that is an arbitrary decision because you are a good fighter pilot and (I am assuming) an awful GA pilot....

GA missions are easier than fighters; but, being a proficient pilot in a GAA takes a lot of awareness, and knowledge, as well as forethought. Fighter pilots are what people see as the purpose of this game, is the only real reason people look down on GAA. They say you're "playing alone," then complain about people in flights, and have bots put in the game. Don't concern yourself with gen pops opinions.

...My idea, which no one ever comments on when I mention it, is to make the superiority bar fill more quickly. After a few weeks of people complaining that the game is ruined now, etc etc etc...everyone would acclimate to the changes and GAAs (and finding/killing GAAs) would be a heck of a lot more essential to winning the game...

Just last week we had someone complaining the superiority bar fills up to fast already. I think the superiority system, and the ramming mechanics are the two things they have well balanced to appease both crowds right now and don't need to be tampered with. Which means they're probably next on the chopping block.

...So what's your ideas on how to fix the game so that awful pilots have awful stats, and good pilots have good stats?...

There is no way to fix that. In every game there are ways to pad your stats, and try hards will always find it and then talk big game about how good they are. The only way to fix it would make the game linear in fashion, requiring tier played based on your talent level, which would then minimize income for WG because why buy T2 premiums if you can only play T9/T10. Or why play the game at all if all you want to play is bi-planes.

View PostBandet, on 23 August 2016 - 03:03 PM, said:

It's only natural dity.

I have forgotten more about this game than you will ever know.

I doubt that in it's entirety. Then again I can't really count on two hands the number of decent pilots left.

WOW

Porkins_Jr #49 Posted 23 August 2016 - 07:14 PM

Major

• 14402 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostBandet, on 23 August 2016 - 03:09 PM, said:

Stop fooling yourself.

A GA's success rate has absolutely nothing to do with the pilot. It is entirely dependent on the skill of the people killing them. You getting a thunder is nothing more than the enemy happening to not bother to kill you until a little bit later in the match than normal.

Untrue. If I stay under 50m and don't fire, fighters can't find me. And if they start searching, they have to come down low and give up all their advantages.

It would be like me going up high in a GAA...out of its element, bad move.

dityboycom #50 Posted 23 August 2016 - 07:17 PM

Colonel

• 10139 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostPorkins_Jr, on 23 August 2016 - 03:14 PM, said:

Untrue. If I stay under 50m and don't fire, fighters can't find me. And if they start searching, they have to come down low and give up all their advantages.

It would be like me going up high in a GAA...out of its element, bad move.

Given enough time and space any pilot with half a brain in this game can kill the best GAA pilots without much trouble. Usually one or the other is the reason for a pilots bad decision which makes GAA's feel successful, you could argue you put them in that decision like the duo that always flights in them; but, realistically you didn't do much but play the system in a way to force a pilot to make a decision, win or get an extra kill.

WOW

Drewthesteelman #51 Posted 23 August 2016 - 07:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 7698 battles

View PostPorkins_Jr, on 23 August 2016 - 07:14 PM, said:

And then you shove bomb up their butt. 

Drewthesteelman #52 Posted 23 August 2016 - 07:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 7698 battles

View Postdityboycom, on 23 August 2016 - 07:17 PM, said:

Given enough time and space any pilot with half a brain in this game can kill the best GAA pilots without much trouble. Usually one or the other is the reason for a pilots bad decision which makes GAA's feel successful, you could argue you put them in that decision like the duo that always flights in them; but, realistically you didn't do much but play the system in a way to force a pilot to make a decision, win or get an extra kill.

Lets put you one on one vs Wallonor. I'd die to see that. 

Noreaga #53 Posted 23 August 2016 - 07:23 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8691 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostMackunaima, on 23 August 2016 - 02:10 PM, said:

The difference between football and soccer is: When you are playing football you are almost all the time waiting for a violent moviment towards you, but when you plat soccer you are not expecting to have a guy jumping on your legs when them are rigids like an stick. We don't use helmet or full body armor. :)

"Soccer is a gentleman's game played by hooligans; Football is a hooligan's game played by gentlemen”.

LOL! i once heard " American football (NFL) is a representation of North American society. Random violence punctuated with committee meetings"

I appreciate the athleticism needed for all of them, but i do fall asleep during NFL games or get irritated with the flopping around in soccer. The athletic therapist moto of "if they are flopping around it is not that bad, if they are still GET GOING."

Edited by Noreaga, 23 August 2016 - 07:24 PM.

Nimis obnoxii curare

Bandet #54 Posted 23 August 2016 - 07:24 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2468 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostPorkins_Jr, on 23 August 2016 - 01:02 PM, said:

My idea, which no one ever comments on when I mention it, is to make the superiority bar fill more quickly. After a few weeks of people complaining that the game is ruined now, etc etc etc...everyone would acclimate to the changes and GAAs (and finding/killing GAAs) would be a heck of a lot more essential to winning the game.

Okay let me comment on this and tell you:

They ALREADY DID THIS (before you played). It was HORRIBLE. They changed it because of how bad it was.

Every match was no longer "may the best team win" it was "may the team with the worst GA lose" (which was usually the one that crashed into the ground). Everyone hated that the role that took the least skill had the most impact on the battle. It should be the other way around.

It was so broken that we actually had to have one of the members in our flight fly a ground attacker because the teammates we would get paired up with were too braindead to do it properly, and we would win or lose based upon the performance of some random instead of our ability, which wasn't fun for any of us because ground attack is more boring than playing WoWS.

Edited by Bandet, 23 August 2016 - 07:27 PM.

dityboycom #55 Posted 23 August 2016 - 07:24 PM

Colonel

• 10139 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostDrewthesteelman, on 23 August 2016 - 03:22 PM, said:

Wallonor and I have gone 1v1 numerous times. If I am in anything but a GAA he dies, if we're both in a GAA, it's who ever gets behind the other first. Only time he really gets teh win against talented pilots is when he has the supremacy advantage and the remaining pilots have low health.

lesbihonest, Wallonor is a good GAA pilot; but, he is by no means one of the best in the game. Just good in his IL-10. If you have ever seen him in another GAA, he leaves quite a bit to be desired, and his actual ground target game is lacking.

WOW

Mackunaima #56 Posted 23 August 2016 - 07:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20126 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View PostDrewthesteelman, on 23 August 2016 - 04:22 PM, said:

He is a very good GA pilot but Dity is right about it.

I already did it a few times on pub match, but was just me against him, I can't remeber if i lose once but I think not.

Most of GA pilots dosen't have the "shaped moves" to counter fight a pure fighter. They rely on their long boost or huge HP, but if they can't rely on this they are dead.

EDIT: Most of times when Im playing a GA and I beat a figter was cuz I was fighting like a fighter not like a GA.

Edited by Mackunaima, 23 August 2016 - 07:30 PM.

Porkins_Jr #57 Posted 23 August 2016 - 07:25 PM

Major

• 14402 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostDrewthesteelman, on 23 August 2016 - 03:21 PM, said:

And then you shove bomb up their butt. 

Exactly!

Mackunaima #58 Posted 23 August 2016 - 07:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20126 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View PostNoreaga, on 23 August 2016 - 04:23 PM, said:

LOL! i once heard " American football (NFL) is a representation of North American society. Random violence punctuated with committee meetings"

I appreciate the athleticism needed for all of them, but i do fall asleep during NFL games or get irritated with the flopping around in soccer. The athletic therapist moto of "if they are flopping around it is not that bad, if they are still GET GOING."

I do love all sports besides badminton (i think is this). I love competition.

dityboycom #59 Posted 23 August 2016 - 07:28 PM

Colonel

• 10139 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostMackunaima, on 23 August 2016 - 03:25 PM, said:

He is a very good GA pilot but did is right about it.

I already did it a few times on pub match, but was just me against him, I can't remeber if i lose once but I think not.

Most of GA pilots dose'nt have the "shaped moves" to counter fight a pure fighter. They rely on their long boost or huge HP, but if they can't rely on this they are dead.

This x100, most GAA pilots will tell you to spin around in a circle, or boost away from your assailant to maximize gun time. While these do prolong your life, they don't ensure your safety, unless of course the enemies have low HP and yo uhave the supremacy advantage. One thing that the great GAA pilots do is manuever, climb, dive, turn, brake, boost, and use terrain to their advantage to minimize your time on target, but maximize their rear gunners.

WOW

Drewthesteelman #60 Posted 23 August 2016 - 07:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 7698 battles

View Postdityboycom, on 23 August 2016 - 07:24 PM, said:

Wallonor and I have gone 1v1 numerous times. If I am in anything but a GAA he dies, if we're both in a GAA, it's who ever gets behind the other first. Only time he really gets teh win against talented pilots is when he has the supremacy advantage and the remaining pilots have low health.

lesbihonest, Wallonor is a good GAA pilot; but, he is by no means one of the best in the game. Just good in his IL-10. If you have ever seen him in another GAA, he leaves quite a bit to be desired, and his actual ground target game is lacking.

Not recently I bet. He has upped his game quite a bit. 

I think about a month ago, It was me and him 1 on 1. Me: FJ-1. Him: il-40.  He beat me. It was a situation where I had to engage him or his team would win. I maybe was at 2/3 hp by that time. He was nearly full health. I got him down to about 100 when his tailgunner finally did me in. I was using all sorts of fancy angles and what not. But, he uses terrain masterfully so that it takes away a lot of what you can do in a fighter.  I was impressed and the FJ is a plane I do well in. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users