Jump to content


Personal rating


  • Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

Porkins_Jr #1 Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:08 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 14402 battles
  • 5,274
  • [BAGG] BAGG
  • Member since:
    12-10-2013

I just cracked 6,000 personal rating for the first time.

 

I don't even know what goes into it. Anyone?



Caecias #2 Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:19 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 7697 battles
  • 413
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
  • Member since:
    06-22-2016

View PostPorkins_Jr, on 22 August 2016 - 07:08 PM, said:

I just cracked 6,000 personal rating for the first time.

 

I don't even know what goes into it. Anyone?

 

...complex weighted average algorithm taking into account all aspects of scoring. The math geek in me would like to know the formulation as well.  

 

Any harm in sharing this, WG? 


Edited by Caecias, 23 August 2016 - 12:32 AM.

 


GeorgePatton #3 Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:20 AM

    газета

  • -Community Ace-
  • 7036 battles
  • 4,952
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

Pr = [F^2(G+A)^(1/2)]/E    where;

Pr = Personal Rating

F = Forum Reputation Rating

G = Number of Ground Targets destroyed

A = Number of Aircraft destroyed

E = Size of One's Ego

 

J/K - I have no idea what goes into the rating score! Grats on cracking 6k though! (BTW, in case anyone thinks that equation is a shot at Porkins, the smaller the ego is, the better the reputation will be... Just sayin'!)

 

 

Cheers!
Glenn



Caecias #4 Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:20 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 7697 battles
  • 413
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
  • Member since:
    06-22-2016

View PostGeorgePatton, on 22 August 2016 - 07:20 PM, said:

Pr = [F^2(G+A)^(1/2)]/E    where;

Pr = Personal Rating

F = Forum Reputation Rating

G = Number of Ground Targets destroyed

A = Number of Aircraft destroyed

E = Size of One's Ego

 

J/K - I have no idea what goes into the rating score! Grats on cracking 6k though! (BTW, in case anyone thinks that equation is a shot at Porkins, the smaller the ego is, the better the reputation will be... Just sayin'!)

 

 

Cheers!
Glenn

 

Huge!!  Hilarious! Love the inverse realtionship regarding E - if only...,

 

Thanks! 


Edited by Caecias, 23 August 2016 - 12:24 AM.

 


Psicko23 #5 Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:35 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 18531 battles
  • 2,425
  • [-WS-] -WS-
  • Member since:
    02-04-2014

Congrats. I don't think War Gaming knows either.



mnbv_fockewulfe #6 Posted 23 August 2016 - 01:22 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 4314 battles
  • 1,102
  • [JACS] JACS
  • Member since:
    12-06-2013

http://worldofwarplanes.com/community/leaderboard/faq/

My personal rating was 4000 then the reorganization happened and I jumped to something like 6000. Now I just broke 7000.

Except every time Drew goes up in the HOF my position drops. :angry:


Dat nose

knows does doe

mnbv_fockewulfe.png


 


Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #7 Posted 23 August 2016 - 01:51 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 19953 battles
  • 1,571
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

:medal:

I'm pretty sure my personality rating is in the lower 6 figures.

 

 


if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


losttwo #8 Posted 23 August 2016 - 07:30 AM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • 12,565
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

There was a BLOG that was leaked but it got deleted and the staff associated with it are being " let go "

So yeah i am keeping my mouth shut about it.



losttwo #9 Posted 23 August 2016 - 07:36 AM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • 12,565
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

Personal rating is calculated similarly to this:

Personal_rating.png



losttwo #10 Posted 23 August 2016 - 07:36 AM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • 12,565
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012
but that is for tanks


SkywhaleExpress #11 Posted 23 August 2016 - 08:57 AM

    noob leader

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 17397 battles
  • 10,666
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    09-09-2012
It's an arbitrary number based on battle count, win/loss/draw, survival, kills per game, kills per death, ground targets, total kills, weapon accuracy, troll bombkillz,trolololrocketkillz, epeen, percent of time in battles actually fighting instead of hiding at max ceiling... dumping in your shorts when faced with OP flights, flying skywhales over fighterz... mwahahahaa


Air Raid 8 Champions - BrushFyre

MIA - pappabear


Porkins_Jr #12 Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:04 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 14402 battles
  • 5,274
  • [BAGG] BAGG
  • Member since:
    12-10-2013

View PostSkywhaleExpress, on 23 August 2016 - 04:57 AM, said:

It's an arbitrary number based on battle count, win/loss/draw, survival, kills per game, kills per death, ground targets, total kills, weapon accuracy, troll bombkillz,trolololrocketkillz, epeen, percent of time in battles actually fighting instead of hiding at max ceiling... dumping in your shorts when faced with OP flights, flying skywhales over fighterz... mwahahahaa

 

Best post ever.

Bandet #13 Posted 23 August 2016 - 01:49 PM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2468 battles
  • 3,225
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    03-25-2012

The personal rating made by wargaming is largely regarded as nonsense because it factors things that are irrelevant, such as performance in ground attack.

 

As the owners of the game, they aren't willing to be objective in deciding what should be factored in. If they cut out ground attackers from the ratings, it would be akin to admitting the cancer that they are.


Edited by Bandet, 23 August 2016 - 01:53 PM.

To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.


Porkins_Jr #14 Posted 23 August 2016 - 02:19 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 14402 battles
  • 5,274
  • [BAGG] BAGG
  • Member since:
    12-10-2013

View PostBandet, on 23 August 2016 - 09:49 AM, said:

The personal rating made by wargaming is largely regarded as nonsense because it factors things that are irrelevant, such as performance in ground attack.

 

As the owners of the game, they aren't willing to be objective in deciding what should be factored in. If they cut out ground attackers from the ratings, it would be akin to admitting the cancer that they are.

 

And why O great Bandet, should GA not count for the rating? I mean, it's not like if you don't play GA you are penalized in some manner. Some of the highest personal ratings are by players who despise GA.

 

 


Edited by Porkins_Jr, 23 August 2016 - 02:19 PM.


Bandet #15 Posted 23 August 2016 - 02:26 PM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2468 battles
  • 3,225
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    03-25-2012

View PostPorkins_Jr, on 23 August 2016 - 08:19 AM, said:

 

And why O great Bandet, should GA not count for the rating? I mean, it's not like if you don't play GA you are penalized in some manner. Some of the highest personal ratings are by players who despise GA.

 

 

 

 

GA should not count because GA aren't even playing the same game as everyone else. They are in their own little cancerous world.


To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.


The_World_Needs_A_Hero #16 Posted 23 August 2016 - 02:35 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 7698 battles
  • 1,132
  • Member since:
    07-27-2013

View PostBandet, on 23 August 2016 - 02:26 PM, said:

 

 

GA should not count because GA aren't even playing the same game as everyone else. They are in their own little cancerous world.

 

Eh? Not playing the same game? I have 2 clostermanns in my il-10m. In case you don't remember due to not playing in years, that is 7 kills. Heck, I got an ace last night in an il-40, 4 of those kills by forward firing guns. 

Bandet #17 Posted 23 August 2016 - 02:52 PM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2468 battles
  • 3,225
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    03-25-2012

View PostDrewthesteelman, on 23 August 2016 - 08:35 AM, said:

 

Eh? Not playing the same game? I have 2 clostermanns in my il-10m. In case you don't remember due to not playing in years, that is 7 kills. Heck, I got an ace last night in an il-40, 4 of those kills by forward firing guns. 

 

Congratulations. You can bots. Do you want a cookie?

To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.


The_World_Needs_A_Hero #18 Posted 23 August 2016 - 03:05 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 7698 battles
  • 1,132
  • Member since:
    07-27-2013

View PostBandet, on 23 August 2016 - 02:52 PM, said:

 

Congratulations. You can bots. Do you want a cookie?

 

2 of those kills were a flight :-) 

Bandet #19 Posted 23 August 2016 - 03:23 PM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2468 battles
  • 3,225
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    03-25-2012

View PostDrewthesteelman, on 23 August 2016 - 09:05 AM, said:

 

2 of those kills were a flight :-) 

 

Congratulations, you can kill bads.

To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.


losttwo #20 Posted 23 August 2016 - 03:24 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • 12,565
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

It is not that GA should not count but ground targets should not be factored into the equation.

When someone can have a higher PR with a lower win rate and survival rating than a player with a higher win rate and survival rating then

there is something wrong with the concept.

But hey if that is how you feel important and it satisfies you and validates you as an individual.

So be it...I could care less.

 

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users