exp for the new skill point

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
78 replies to this topic

Agnotology #61 Posted 16 August 2016 - 02:13 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 627 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostPorkins_Jr, on 16 August 2016 - 08:57 AM, said:

Nah his only claim to fame is being undefeated 1v1. Beating him would take all the air out of the balloon

Are you familiar with megalomania?

EspressoForHammy #62 Posted 16 August 2016 - 03:36 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Nah his only claim to fame is being undefeated 1v1. Beating him would take all the air out of the balloon

Death's balloon has partitions, like the Titanic.

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

TeamTerrible #63 Posted 16 August 2016 - 06:35 PM

First Lieutenant

• 230 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

GeorgePatton #64 Posted 16 August 2016 - 06:53 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 1609 battles
  • [SCHLD] SCHLD

People that stake their entire reputation on 1v1 combat are interesting creatures... There's always going to be something there that they can point to and say 'well, this condition was XYZ that messed up ABC so it wasn't exactly fair', etc. In Death's case, I'm sure that a loss in 1v1 would not end his obsession with the fact that he got lucky twice against solo DRACS. Let's ignore the fact that the DRACS are not even claiming to be good at 1v1 combat... 

Death, why do you take such pride in beating single members of a clan that's known for their teamplay in a one-on-one situation? This game is about teamwork not individual skill... I don't see a duel game mode anywhere. If this game was about individual performance it would have a duel game mode.

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

losttwo #65 Posted 16 August 2016 - 06:58 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostGeorgePatton, on 16 August 2016 - 01:53 PM, said:

People that stake their entire reputation on 1v1 combat are interesting creatures... There's always going to be something there that they can point to and say 'well, this condition was XYZ that messed up ABC so it wasn't exactly fair', etc. In Death's case, I'm sure that a loss in 1v1 would not end his obsession with the fact that he got lucky twice against solo DRACS. Let's ignore the fact that the DRACS are not even claiming to be good at 1v1 combat... 

Death, why do you take such pride in beating single members of a clan that's known for their teamplay in a one-on-one situation? This game is about teamwork not individual skill... I don't see a duel game mode anywhere. If this game was about individual performance it would have a duel game mode.

Cheers!
Glenn

same reason he brags about winning a 1 vs 1 basketball match against a person in a wheel chair

Porkins_Jr #66 Posted 16 August 2016 - 07:27 PM

Major

• 0 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostEspressoForHammy, on 16 August 2016 - 11:36 AM, said:

Death's balloon has partitions, like the Titanic.

I wouldn't take him seriously anymore if he lost a 1v1. As long as he's undefeated, he can argue that he's "the best player in the game" when challenged on something.

Porkins_Jr #67 Posted 16 August 2016 - 07:28 PM

Major

• 0 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostGeorgePatton, on 16 August 2016 - 02:53 PM, said:

This game is about teamwork not individual skill... I don't see a duel game mode anywhere. If this game was about individual performance it would have a duel game mode.

Cheers!
Glenn

I've had some conversations with death. He believes he shouldn't be criticized by players worse than him, that he can beat 1v1.

GeorgePatton #68 Posted 16 August 2016 - 08:15 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 1609 battles
  • [SCHLD] SCHLD

View PostPorkins_Jr, on 16 August 2016 - 02:28 PM, said:

I've had some conversations with death. He believes he shouldn't be criticized by players worse than him, that he can beat 1v1.

Yep, this is also part of my point (that I didn't really include) - what happens if a 'worse' player defeats him? Was it luck? Was it his fault? Was it because situation X didn't pan out quite right? There's a LOT of factors that go into a 1v1 combat and this should be considered when anyone defeats anyone else in a 1v1. Did he get lucky when he beat those DRACS? Maybe, maybe not. So how does he have definitive proof that it was his skill alone that defeated them? What would he have to say in the case of being beaten by a 59% WR player? How many times consecutively should someone have to win 1v1 engagements against the same player to declare superior skill? Ah, that's a good question...

Cheers!
Glenn

Porkins_Jr #69 Posted 16 August 2016 - 08:24 PM

Major

• 0 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostGeorgePatton, on 16 August 2016 - 04:15 PM, said:

Yep, this is also part of my point (that I didn't really include) - what happens if a 'worse' player defeats him? Was it luck? Was it his fault? Was it because situation X didn't pan out quite right? There's a LOT of factors that go into a 1v1 combat and this should be considered when anyone defeats anyone else in a 1v1. Did he get lucky when he beat those DRACS? Maybe, maybe not. So how does he have definitive proof that it was his skill alone that defeated them? What would he have to say in the case of being beaten by a 59% WR player? How many times consecutively should someone have to win 1v1 engagements against the same player to declare superior skill? Ah, that's a good question...

Cheers!
Glenn

All good questions!

death2019 #70 Posted 16 August 2016 - 09:14 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 15 battles

View PostPorkins_Jr, on 16 August 2016 - 07:27 PM, said:

I wouldn't take him seriously anymore if he lost a 1v1. As long as he's undefeated, he can argue that he's "the best player in the game" when challenged on something.

I never said that I am the best pilot.

I never said that I am undefeated.

I never said that I bet 5000 gold for the 1v1.

Without DRACS I never aimed at other clans.

Without those pilots who cursed me first I never aimed at other pilots.
Jet posted 1v1 first ion the forum, I didn't.
I did not break my promise, but DRACS did. 

Since I shot some DRACS down 4 times in a row, they started to curse me. Just because I shot them down:) 

They cursed Chinese in the battle and some of them said they are the best.  I was trying to be nice before that :)

Till today, those pilot who cursed me and Lucky first, they still have no courage to 1v1 with me :) 

After Bubb________[DRACS] & Waff________th[DRACS] cursed Chinese ; after Dracs lose the 1v1twice , Jet asked me to apologize to Dracs first LOL ridiculous !  

I don't know why other guys jump into this argument, Look like I am the bad guy, LOL

When a man lose the battle, he cursed your friend, wingman, compatriot and country. Are you going to be a coward and keeping quite even apologize  to this despicable man ?  Or  are you going to fight against them?

I am not going to accept  anyone who curse my friend, wingman, compatriot and country.

Now I am fighting with the advocate of cheater, promise destructor,  personal attacker and racism. GL guys :)

Anyway, I am so proud of DRACS :)

Edited by death2019, 16 August 2016 - 09:48 PM.

Porkins_Jr #71 Posted 16 August 2016 - 09:47 PM

Major

• 0 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View Postdeath2019, on 16 August 2016 - 05:14 PM, said:

Since I shot some DRACS down 4 times in a row, they started to curse me. Just because I am better than them :) 

Yes, but since stats are meaningless in this game the only reason you can say that is because you are undefeated 1v1, that was my point. If a DRAC beat you, you couldn't say that anymore.

death2019 #72 Posted 16 August 2016 - 09:52 PM

• 15 battles

View PostPorkins_Jr, on 16 August 2016 - 09:47 PM, said:

you are undefeated 1v1

I did not say that:)

I think in the Russian server, someone maybe beat me down, I don't know.

I am going to try it :) 

By the way, I am looking for a Russian account.  

Edited by death2019, 16 August 2016 - 09:59 PM.

GeorgePatton #73 Posted 16 August 2016 - 10:15 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 1609 battles
  • [SCHLD] SCHLD

View Postdeath2019, on 16 August 2016 - 04:14 PM, said:

After Bubb________[DRACS] & Waff________th[DRACS] cursed Chinese ; after Dracs lose the 1v1twice , Jet asked me to apologize to Dracs first LOL ridiculous !  

Using red font is reserved for moderators and staff - please change the color. There are rules in place about using different color fonts - they must not be red, and they must be easy to read. The very easily distinguished user tags that you've disguised is probably against the rules. There are only two users in the clan DRACS who turn up if you search the beginning sections of the names you posted, so I would say that is 'naming and shaming'.

I don't know why other guys jump into this argument, Look like I am the bad guy, LOL

You attacked some of the most well-known members of the community and started calling them out publicly for stuff that frankly should remain between you and them. Taking things like this public is a good way to set yourself up to look like a whiner, even if that may not be the case.

When a man lose the battle, he cursed your friend, wingman, compatriot and country. Are you going to be a coward and keeping quite even apologize  to this despicable man ?  Or  are you going to fight against them?

There are rules against calling people despicable - whether that applies or not is irrelevant. Don't do it. IF that did indeed happen, there are procedures to follow. Take a screenshot (or better yet, if you record replays) send it in via a support ticket, and let Wargaming handle it. Don't come on the forums and make a public scene. That's against the rules. Two wrongs don't make a right.

I am not going to accept  anyone who curse my friend, wingman, compatriot and country.

Nobody is asking you to accept anyone. They're just telling you to get over the 1v1 stuff. It's a game and nobody cares who you can fight 1v1 and who you can't.

Now I am fighting with the advocate of cheater, promise destructor,  personal attacker and racism. GL guys :)

You're fighting with everyone who saw you throw an internet tantrum because you want to 1v1 a bunch of the game's most accomplished players. Nobody here knows exactly what went down between you and the two guys you mentioned above and I doubt anybody really cares. Your derailment of the thread is seen as a source of entertainment and beyond watching how you react to everyone's trolling nobody cares. They're just laughing that this means so much to you - it's an anonymous internet forum. Nobody cares. You could be talking to the POTUS for all you know. You could also be talking to my chimera in the basement... If you want 'justice', talk to Wargaming, not the community trolls. :)

My replies in bold.

Cheers!
Glenn

EspressoForHammy #74 Posted 16 August 2016 - 10:36 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postdeath2019, on 16 August 2016 - 04:52 PM, said:

By the way, I am looking for a Russian account.  

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

MelBrooks #75 Posted 17 August 2016 - 02:36 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 12 battles

death,

My last ever word of wisdom to you concerning the whole matter. This whole discussion has come off very poorly again. I know you come from a different culture, that is perfectly fine and you are free to comment and respond as much as you like. But understand Western culture, particularly North American ( US and Canada ), a lot of Europe, and of course our friends from the land down under. When you constantly call out other people on the forum, it will not be well received. Grown men in our culture look at this as a call for attention or whining, this is looked at with disdain. It gives them the perception to draw a conclusion that you are impetuous or childish. Even though you maybe a fantastic pilot, that fact will be overshadowed by this behavior. I am not criticizing you. I am offering advice that hopefully will help you.

Edited by RuthBuzzi, 17 August 2016 - 02:42 AM.

Agnotology #76 Posted 17 August 2016 - 09:14 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 627 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postdeath2019, on 16 August 2016 - 04:14 PM, said:

I never said that I am the best pilot.

I never said that I am undefeated.

I never said that I bet 5000 gold for the 1v1.

Without DRACS I never aimed at other clans.

Without those pilots who cursed me first I never aimed at other pilots.
Jet posted 1v1 first ion the forum, I didn't.
I did not break my promise, but DRACS did. 

Since I shot some DRACS down 4 times in a row, they started to curse me. Just because I shot them down:) 

Welcome to the internet. Get thicker skin,  or turn on profanity filter, or turn off chat.

They cursed Chinese in the battle and some of them said they are the best.  I was trying to be nice before that :)

I don't doubt it.  I get ragey too. When I played H1Z1, I learned chinese cuss phrases just to piss them off.  Granted, they were using aimbot, speedhacks, and ESP.

Till today, those pilot who cursed me and Lucky first, they still have no courage to 1v1 with me :) 

I love it when someone speaks for someone else who no longer plays. How about Loki says what he saw happen, and not you saying it for him.

You beat jetway, a hothead when sober and more so after 11 due to whiskey.  You forum posted about it, showering yourself in accolades.  You "beat" Warhog, and when I say beat, you got into a circle turning fight for 8 minutes straight, at which point Warhog decided to pull off and try something. He played for the win and lost. You played for the draw and won. 'Courage' though.

You were told to apologize to Bobo for insinuating he is a stat padder, and dragging his good name through the forums. I'd say my good name too, but in reality,  I'm guilty of being a jerk when I have a mind to.  Not DRACs.  We honestly don't care about you past riling you up on the forums with facts and honesty.  You never brought the issue of anyone "cursing" you or "being racist" towards you until you went on your original "double heavy" tirade.

I wouldn't call you the bad guy.... More like the guy who decides to keep running full speed into a brick wall, expecting the brick wall to eventually yield. I'd call "everyone" curious third party observers who want some entertainment. Some are even trying to help you.

I'd recommend going to their leader and letting them straighten it out.  Bobo would have drawn and quartered them if you had any proof besides your word. Your word? not worth a whole lot buddy.

I wouldn't either.

What exactly was said to you that was racist? Because you tried to say Bobo was being racist towards you. Dunno why you don't continue to claim that. Obviously because you said it, it has to be true.

We cheat? WOW! Hey guys, another person found out about DRAC hacks. Better update our .dll injector.

Anyway, I am so proud of DRACS :)

Me too, because despite having a couple trolls and hardheads, its the best group of people I've had the pleasure to know besides a few outstanding people in WoT.

Edited by Agnotology, 17 August 2016 - 09:20 AM.

death2019 #77 Posted 17 August 2016 - 01:17 PM

• 15 battles

View PostRuthBuzzi, on 17 August 2016 - 02:36 AM, said:

death,

My last ever word of wisdom to you concerning the whole matter. This whole discussion has come off very poorly again. I know you come from a different culture, that is perfectly fine and you are free to comment and respond as much as you like. But understand Western culture, particularly North American ( US and Canada ), a lot of Europe, and of course our friends from the land down under. When you constantly call out other people on the forum, it will not be well received. Grown men in our culture look at this as a call for attention or whining, this is looked at with disdain. It gives them the perception to draw a conclusion that you are impetuous or childish. Even though you maybe a fantastic pilot, that fact will be overshadowed by this behavior. I am not criticizing you. I am offering advice that hopefully will help you.

OK if one day, a man curse your  friend, wingman, compatriot and country, are you going to be quite ?

If one day, I lose one battle, am I free to curse WHAWK ? though I never cursed any clan.

If the British and the European are the original people of the north America, I will say that I come from a different culture.

Edited by death2019, 17 August 2016 - 01:26 PM.

Agnotology #78 Posted 17 August 2016 - 02:13 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 627 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postdeath2019, on 17 August 2016 - 08:17 AM, said:

OK if one day, a man curse your  friend, wingman, compatriot and country, are you going to be quite ?

Nope. But whining about it isn't going to get them to stop. You can either stop them with words or an ignore button or by force. Whining solves nothing.... will get you attention though, both good and bad.

If one day, I lose one battle, am I free to curse WHAWK ? though I never cursed any clan.

Actually, yes. You can do that. You can cuss them out up and down the street if you so desire.  But you would look like a fool.

If the British and the European are the original people of the north America, I will say that I come from a different culture.

You actually hit the nail on the head. Because, you know, different culture. Except you don't even know you hit the nail on the head.   

Learn to understand cultural differences and you will grow as a person.  Expect everyone to commit your own standards when you are 6000 miles from home, and you can count on being the odd man out.

Edited by Agnotology, 17 August 2016 - 03:04 PM.

GhostPrime #79 Posted 17 August 2016 - 06:59 PM

Community Specialist

• 64 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B
I'm going to close this thread as it's not on topic, or constructive. 

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users