Low Population

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

General_Lee_Miserable #21 Posted 13 August 2016 - 01:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 320 battles

View PostGouIdy, on 12 August 2016 - 08:52 PM, said:

I think your eye test seems to be a bit skewed by maybe confusing bots for real people. The population of this game has become quite stagnant and is pretty much the same as it was a year ago pre-bots.

m3KsRbg.png

ok Mr Fancy Pants with his chart. Try actually playing the game. Whether its matchmaker tweaks or something else, the matches have been fuller lately. Definitely more 15 on 15's with at least 6 humans on each side. That was rarely seen a few months ago. 

Also...the chart says squat. The more important stat this chart doesn't tell you is how many different accounts are logging on and playing on a daily basis. There is a difference between 10,000 different accounts playing 3 battles each a day versus 2,000 different accounts playing 15 battles each a day. The prior number would be a healthier indicator for the game. If we go back to the eye test, I'm seeing a lot of new names playing the game. That is a good sign.

Edited by Drewthesteelman, 13 August 2016 - 01:14 PM.

GouIdy #22 Posted 13 August 2016 - 02:16 PM

First Lieutenant

• 6 battles

View PostDrewthesteelman, on 13 August 2016 - 09:01 AM, said:

ok Mr Fancy Pants with his chart. Try actually playing the game. Whether its matchmaker tweaks or something else, the matches have been fuller lately. Definitely more 15 on 15's with at least 6 humans on each side. That was rarely seen a few months ago. 

Also...the chart says squat. The more important stat this chart doesn't tell you is how many different accounts are logging on and playing on a daily basis. There is a difference between 10,000 different accounts playing 3 battles each a day versus 2,000 different accounts playing 15 battles each a day. The prior number would be a healthier indicator for the game. If we go back to the eye test, I'm seeing a lot of new names playing the game. That is a good sign.

You really do have an issue with posting wrong or misleading information & being proven wrong don't you?

Everything you have stated in your response is pure speculation, the only thing that matters is how many people are playing at any given time & that is what the matchmaker has to work with. The population right now is near the same as it was a year ago before bots were introduced, the numbers don't lie. You say that you're seeing a lot of new names playing the game & if that is true that means that there are the same number of people that stopped playing. You say you are seeing more real people in each match & if that is true that just means that there are other people playing that tier at that point in time, there aren't more people playing & again the numbers don't lie.

Here is a link to the site that uses wargamings own data & shows you in real time how many people are online at any given time. Feel free to use this site when you enter into a discussion on population so you can have real numbers to formulate an argument & not base it off of speculation. https://stats.wotapi...s/wowp/na/total

General_Lee_Miserable #23 Posted 13 August 2016 - 02:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 320 battles

View PostGouIdy, on 13 August 2016 - 02:16 PM, said:

You really do have an issue with posting wrong or misleading information & being proven wrong don't you?

Everything you have stated in your response is pure speculation, the only thing that matters is how many people are playing at any given time & that is what the matchmaker has to work with. The population right now is near the same as it was a year ago before bots were introduced, the numbers don't lie. You say that you're seeing a lot of new names playing the game & if that is true that means that there are the same number of people that stopped playing. You say you are seeing more real people in each match & if that is true that just means that there are other people playing that tier at that point in time, there aren't more people playing & again the numbers don't lie.

Here is a link to the site that uses wargamings own data & shows you in real time how many people are online at any given time. Feel free to use this site when you enter into a discussion on population so you can have real numbers to formulate an argument & not base it off of speculation. https://stats.wotapi...s/wowp/na/total

I was posting my own personal observations. I'm not one for charts. Paper pushers use charts. I'm more of a hands on guy. Always have been. 

To explain in language even you can understand.... the game doesn't feel or look as dead as it did a few months ago. That is based on my 20 or so battles a day playing. I don't care what the chart says. You can have your chart. Game definitely feels much more alive. 

Edited by Drewthesteelman, 13 August 2016 - 02:35 PM.

losttwo #24 Posted 13 August 2016 - 02:34 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

When it comes to population, the only thing that matters to a player is

How many people are online when they are playing.

For example: When I play this game the average population is 200 pilots.

I have not seen a population above 400 since school let out for summer break.

There could be 10,000 people with accounts but they are not on when I am playing so they do not count.

The days of 3000-4000 people online at the same time have been long gone.

Ever since the aliens abducted the humans and took them to their planet.

Leaving only us HNIC's behind.

Head Noob In Charge

GouIdy #25 Posted 13 August 2016 - 03:11 PM

First Lieutenant

• 6 battles

View PostDrewthesteelman, on 13 August 2016 - 10:32 AM, said:

I was posting my own personal observations. I'm not one for charts. Paper pushers use charts. I'm more of a hands on guy. Always have been. 

To explain in language even you can understand.... the game doesn't feel or look as dead as it did a few months ago. That is based on my 20 or so battles a day playing. I don't care what the chart says. You can have your chart. Game definitely feels much more alive. 

Hey that's fantastic that you found your happy place & everything feels good with the game for you but when you come on the forum & start posting fantasy as fact then don't be surprised when someone calls you out on it.

Edited by GouIdy, 13 August 2016 - 03:23 PM.

General_Lee_Miserable #26 Posted 13 August 2016 - 03:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 320 battles

View PostGouIdy, on 13 August 2016 - 03:11 PM, said:

Hey that's fantastic that you found your happy place & everything feels good with the game for you but when you come on the forum & start posting fantasy as fact then don't be surprised when someone calls you out on it.

Again, I state opinions from observations. I never said that anything I stated was 100% fact.  You assume that is what I meant which is your folly. Assume makes an ____ out of u and me. Fill in the blank. 

GouIdy #27 Posted 13 August 2016 - 04:50 PM

First Lieutenant

• 6 battles

View PostDrewthesteelman, on 12 August 2016 - 07:43 AM, said:

The eye test shows the population is getting better. There are reasonably robust battles up to T7 on most nights. Upper tiers are still a bit dry. You can see there re new players working their way up. 

When you say things like this that are completely out of left field with no actual evidence & someone disagrees with you & shows actual evidence which you of course blow off cuz a feeling you have & that makes them an [edited]because now you say they are the ones making assumptions? Riiighht.

Just a tip, when you post something & it is just an opinion you should start with " I think " or " In my opinion " that way it will be easier for people to just ignore it. You are entitled to your opinion & no-one can force you to be right but when you post that opinion making it sound like fact it's a problem for everyone.

General_Lee_Miserable #28 Posted 13 August 2016 - 05:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 320 battles

View PostGouIdy, on 13 August 2016 - 04:50 PM, said:

When you say things like this that are completely out of left field with no actual evidence & someone disagrees with you & shows actual evidence which you of course blow off cuz a feeling you have & that makes them an [edited]because now you say they are the ones making assumptions? Riiighht.

Just a tip, when you post something & it is just an opinion you should start with " I think " or " In my opinion " that way it will be easier for people to just ignore it. You are entitled to your opinion & no-one can force you to be right but when you post that opinion making it sound like fact it's a problem for everyone.

Actually, you are the problem.

Read what I stated. If you'd actually think, you'd see me point. There is an influx of new players which has lead to fuller battles at lower tiers. This is actually a sign the population is getting "better". Better doesn't always revert back to just the number shown on your little chart. It shows there are new players being attracted to the game. Those new players may get other new people involved. I'm sorry you are only capable of thinking in strict 2 dimensional thought. If you actually spent time playing the game, you may be able to comment intelligently on the subject. 

And... that does it for being a part of the wind"BAGG" clan. I'm a free agent for anyone interested. 

Edited by Drewthesteelman, 13 August 2016 - 05:18 PM.

GouIdy #29 Posted 13 August 2016 - 05:32 PM

First Lieutenant

• 6 battles

View PostDrewthesteelman, on 13 August 2016 - 01:03 PM, said:

Actually, you are the problem.

Read what I stated. If you'd actually think, you'd see me point. There is an influx of new players which has lead to fuller battles at lower tiers. This is actually a sign the population is getting "better". Better doesn't always revert back to just the number shown on your little chart. It shows there are new players being attracted to the game. Those new players may get other new people involved. I'm sorry you are only capable of thinking in strict 2 dimensional thought. If you actually spent time playing the game, you may be able to comment intelligently on the subject. 

There you go again posting your feelings as facts. You say there are more new players playing & the population is "better". Where is your proof?

The fact is the population isn't any better than it was a year ago before bots were introduced which means for every new person that starts playing someone else leaves & here is the proof https://stats.wotapi.../wowp/na/total.

Now when you bring some actual evidence to back up your feelings then you might be able to comment intelligently on the subject.

Oh & Drew I played yesterday, does that make me more or less intelligent?

Edited by GouIdy, 13 August 2016 - 05:39 PM.

GouIdy #30 Posted 13 August 2016 - 05:48 PM

First Lieutenant

• 6 battles

View PostDrewthesteelman, on 13 August 2016 - 01:03 PM, said:

And... that does it for being a part of the wind"BAGG" clan. I'm a free agent for anyone interested. 

To any other clans interested in picking up Drew I can provide a reference if needed. He is the best janitor we ever had, the windows have never been so clean.

WhineMaker #31 Posted 13 August 2016 - 06:14 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
:popcorn:  :hiding:  :popcorn:

View Postlosttwo, on 12 April 2015 - 04:16 AM, said:

IF OTHERS WOULD FLY THE WAY I TELL THEM TOO.

If ONLY THEY WOULD DO AS I SAY.

General_Lee_Miserable #32 Posted 13 August 2016 - 06:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 320 battles

View PostGouIdy, on 13 August 2016 - 05:48 PM, said:

To any other clans interested in picking up Drew I can provide a reference if needed. He is the best janitor we ever had, the windows have never been so clean.

Maybe my future clan will actually play the game. BAGG is a phantom clan. 

Porkins_Jr #33 Posted 13 August 2016 - 09:27 PM

Major

• 0 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG
I am not a phantom!

WhineMaker #34 Posted 13 August 2016 - 09:59 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostPorkins_Jr, on 13 August 2016 - 01:27 PM, said:

I am not a phantom!

No, you're not a phantom, you're a bot.

:trollface:

Porkins_Jr #35 Posted 13 August 2016 - 10:09 PM

Major

• 0 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostClickez4Fun, on 13 August 2016 - 05:59 PM, said:

No, you're not a phantom, you're a bot.

:trollface:

Shhh!  :unsure:

As for the pop, it's still not as low as last Oct. Look at the chart. So there has been some slight improvement.

Edited by Porkins_Jr, 13 August 2016 - 10:19 PM.

WhineMaker #36 Posted 13 August 2016 - 10:22 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostPorkins_Jr, on 13 August 2016 - 02:09 PM, said:

Shhh!  

Muh bad... :(

mnbv_fockewulfe #37 Posted 14 August 2016 - 02:41 AM

Captain

• 622 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostPorkins_Jr, on 13 August 2016 - 10:09 PM, said:

Shhh!  :unsure:

:amazed: :unsure: :ohmy:

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

Psicko23 #38 Posted 14 August 2016 - 03:59 AM

First Lieutenant

• 24 battles

Hahaha. I don't think he had the gumption or the balls to join bagg in the first place. Gets owned by GouIdy then quits. I know tfe is looking for players. 

Also, just because there is an influx of new names in the lower tiers doesn't mean too much. Take out all the rerolls from the new names and that cuts it down. Also there has always been attrition by newer players and even fewer of the newer players make it to higher tiers. Even less of the newer players that make it to higher tiers stay there. They either quit or become low tier trolls because that's all they can handle. 

Edited by Psicko23, 14 August 2016 - 04:27 AM.

Killerpopcorn #39 Posted 14 August 2016 - 04:01 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 358 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostDrewthesteelman, on 13 August 2016 - 12:22 PM, said:

Maybe my future clan will actually play the game. BAGG is a phantom clan. 

hmmm...I have never seen you on BAGG's TS before

Air Raid #1: 4th place/Air Raid #2 3rd Place/Air Raid #4 2nd Place/Air Raid #5 9th place

Crossover #1 1st Place/ Launch Event 1st place

Psicko23 #40 Posted 14 August 2016 - 04:30 AM

First Lieutenant

• 24 battles
I play the game and I came to a similar conclusion that Gouldy and the others did. You don't need to play the game recently to know all this. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users