• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

Noreaga #121 Posted 19 August 2016 - 06:07 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostBandet, on 19 August 2016 - 12:47 PM, said:

If you go over max rpm your engine will seize and you become a glider.

I only really use it for an airbrake, or to reduce drag when gliding. If you do it right in certain planes you can open up your radiator and set your pitch to full, and you can dive nearly vertically straight down without tearing your wings off. Conversely, closing your radiators and setting your prop pitch to min does the opposite and lets you glide further... helpful when you get a tiny dink that just happens to hit your radiator and your engine stops so you are gliding 10km back to base.

I agree in a real sim i would use it in a similar way, don't see as much of an advantage in an environment that has compressed altitude like here. I am sure there could be, i like the arcade of it because i don't have to do that.  took me hundreds of hours in the 109E (wwionline) to really get it, and i still would hear a tiny plink...engine seized with a 30 minute flight to the nearest friendly field.

anyway fun to chat about but useless for this game.

Nimis obnoxii curare

EspressoForHammy #122 Posted 19 August 2016 - 06:23 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostBandet, on 19 August 2016 - 11:24 AM, said:

There is no parallax in it. It's first person. It's the exact same position as the normal sight in the cockpit, they just disable the model so you don't see it. They don't move your camera to the front of the plane or anything. You probably have that setting turned on that compensates for bullet drop, and you just don't notice it happening normally as you have all those irrelevant instruments blocking your sight.

It's actually possible that I wasn't aware of virtual cockpit, and I was just using the zoom mode on 3rd person and THINKING it was VC. I'll have to try it out tonight to see. I also wasn't aware of a "bullet drop" setting. I would like to turn that off is it defaults to on, so I'll get into the settings tonight to check.

I play WT almost every night, are you ever on?

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

EspressoForHammy #123 Posted 19 August 2016 - 06:25 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostBandet, on 19 August 2016 - 11:30 AM, said:

... unless you have access to a BF-109 operators manual from 1942 and speak german ...

I fly all the planes from all the trees (that I have researched). Do you only fly German 109s?

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

dityboycom #124 Posted 19 August 2016 - 06:25 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostEspressoForHammy, on 19 August 2016 - 02:23 PM, said:

...I play WT almost every night...

Then he gets on tanks and nerd rages because Gang TK's him right before the game ends.

Bandet #125 Posted 19 August 2016 - 06:31 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostEspressoForHammy, on 19 August 2016 - 12:23 PM, said:

It's actually possible that I wasn't aware of virtual cockpit, and I was just using the zoom mode on 3rd person and THINKING it was VC. I'll have to try it out tonight to see. I also wasn't aware of a "bullet drop" setting. I would like to turn that off is it defaults to on, so I'll get into the settings tonight to check.

I play WT almost every night, are you ever on?

Very rarely do I play. I fly with a joystick so that should tell you all you need to know about why I don't play much.

I have german planes all the way up to mig-15. I either fly my mig or my 109's as their flight models tend to not go bonkers when you plug a joystick in.

To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.

EspressoForHammy #126 Posted 19 August 2016 - 06:35 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostBandet, on 19 August 2016 - 01:31 PM, said:

Very rarely do I play. I fly with a joystick so that should tell you all you need to know about why I don't play much.

Yep. Pretty much tells me everything. Sorry to hear that. The game is nearly impossible to do well in with a JS, and no one wants to play the sim mode.

Bandet #127 Posted 19 August 2016 - 07:09 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

It's called vertical targeting in the ui, next to where you set your dispersion distance. It just compensates for bullet drop so they land dead on the cross hair at whatever your dispersion distance is set to. I turn it off.

To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.

losttwo #128 Posted 19 August 2016 - 07:14 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 6321 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

We would not have a low population if people would stop getting a life.

I am sick and tired of people getting in my way when I shop or go to amusement parks.

GOD why can;t people just stay home and play WOWP.

I go to my favorite fishing hole and what do I see....8 people, why don't they just go home and play WOWP.

I found that spot first.

Bandet #129 Posted 19 August 2016 - 07:32 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postlosttwo, on 19 August 2016 - 01:14 PM, said:

We would not have a low population if people would stop getting a life.

I am sick and tired of people getting in my way when I shop or go to amusement parks.

GOD why can;t people just stay home and play WOWP.

I go to my favorite fishing hole and what do I see....8 people, why don't they just go home and play WOWP.

I found that spot first.

Those other 7 people think the same about you.

The single drop of rain never feels responsible for the flood

Reichwolff #130 Posted 19 August 2016 - 07:42 PM

Master Sergeant

• 9 battles
  • [_TBC_] _TBC_

My Clan and I used to play this game ALOT. No more. Most have transferred to WoWS.

Sad really, but once in a blue moon I'll pop in, find the human players among the bots and have at it. 

Nowhere near as exciting as it used to be and there is no real answer, it will never be what it used to be...:kamikaze:

Edited by Reichwolff, 19 August 2016 - 07:53 PM.

pyantoryng #131 Posted 19 August 2016 - 07:52 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2338 battles

View PostReichwolff, on 19 August 2016 - 07:42 PM, said:

My Clan and I used to play this game ALOT. No more. Most have transferred to WoWS.

Sad really, but once in a blue moon I'll pop in, find the human players among the bots and have at it. 

No were near as exciting as it used to be and there is no real answer, it will never be what it used to be...:kamikaze:

...and I find WoWS a waste of time for the most part because every flippin' match takes well over 10 minutes on average, and taking full 20 minutes is not uncommon.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Noreaga #132 Posted 19 August 2016 - 07:59 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postpyantoryng, on 19 August 2016 - 02:52 PM, said:

...and I find WoWS a waste of time for the most part because every flippin' match takes well over 10 minutes on average, and taking full 20 minutes is not uncommon.

especially if you are the type of player that doesn't yolo rush, was funny how 3 hours could go by and i felt like i had just started playing.

Nimis obnoxii curare

pyantoryng #133 Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:00 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2338 battles

View PostNoreaga, on 19 August 2016 - 07:59 PM, said:

especially if you are the type of player that doesn't yolo rush, was funny how 3 hours could go by and i felt like i had just started playing.

I play carriers, and at tier 7 running outta planes is pretty hard when you pay attention...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Noreaga #134 Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:31 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postpyantoryng, on 19 August 2016 - 03:00 PM, said:

I play carriers, and at tier 7 running outta planes is pretty hard when you pay attention...

Oh god CV a guaranteed 20 minute game, If you are not one of the last ships in a CV then your aren't paying enough attention !

i liked T7 CV for the planes but hated how unbalanced the load-outs were, been a year since i touched em.

Nimis obnoxii curare

pyantoryng #135 Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:41 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2338 battles

View PostNoreaga, on 19 August 2016 - 08:31 PM, said:

Oh god CV a guaranteed 20 minute game, If you are not one of the last ships in a CV then your aren't paying enough attention !

i liked T7 CV for the planes but hated how unbalanced the load-outs were, been a year since i touched em.

Also, NA's paradigm (AKA metagame) for Ships sucks...it's as boring on other combat ships...when everyone stay at max range and shoot at each other.

...and disconnected gold (must be due to the inflated economy) turned me off further.

Noreaga #136 Posted 19 August 2016 - 09:27 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postpyantoryng, on 19 August 2016 - 03:41 PM, said:

Also, NA's paradigm (AKA metagame) for Ships sucks...it's as boring on other combat ships...when everyone stay at max range and shoot at each other.

...and disconnected gold (must be due to the inflated economy) turned me off further.

the game is at its most fun T6 and under, after that the repair costs turns the game "i don't want to get hit".

both of us were ST at one point, it for sure wasn't lack of experience with mechanics.

Nimis obnoxii curare

pyantoryng #137 Posted 19 August 2016 - 09:58 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2338 battles

View PostNoreaga, on 19 August 2016 - 09:27 PM, said:

the game is at its most fun T6 and under, after that the repair costs turns the game "i don't want to get hit".

both of us were ST at one point, it for sure wasn't lack of experience with mechanics.

You mean AT? I sure as heck never was in ST.

The inflated economy...I could constantly play tier 9 in Tanks with some money in reserve, and I can use standard ammo in Planes...as for Ships...I wouldn't be so sure about, not only you have to pay repair and rearm...you have to pay overhead (It's ships...I guess one needs lots of fuel to move and lots of provisions for crews at sea)...this is something Planes and Tanks does not have - you can have a perfect game and you still have to pay said overhead...and yet without that overhead ships' inflated economy would pay too much.

Noreaga #138 Posted 19 August 2016 - 10:03 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
oops sorry about that i knew id seen you on a tester forum, my bad (who was i thinking of?).

Nimis obnoxii curare

GeorgePatton #139 Posted 19 August 2016 - 10:39 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 1650 battles
  • [SCHLD] SCHLD

View Postpyantoryng, on 19 August 2016 - 04:58 PM, said:

you can have a perfect game and you still have to pay said overhead...and yet without that overhead ships' inflated economy would pay too much.

I thought the Ships economy was broken in that it gave too many credits - granted I haven't made it past tier 7 yet... I usually make about 160k - 180k credits before repairs and stuff (last I played, they could have changed the economy after I stopped...). Does it get ridiculously expensive at higher tiers?

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

pyantoryng #140 Posted 19 August 2016 - 10:50 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2338 battles

View PostGeorgePatton, on 19 August 2016 - 10:39 PM, said:

I thought the Ships economy was broken in that it gave too many credits - granted I haven't made it past tier 7 yet... I usually make about 160k - 180k credits before repairs and stuff (last I played, they could have changed the economy after I stopped...). Does it get ridiculously expensive at higher tiers?

Cheers!
Glenn

With both overhead and repairs, these two alone combined can cost slightly over 100k at tier 8 at something like 40/60 split.

I play Ships on different computer so I don't have the screenies with me for my T7 ship, the highest I have at the moment. IIRC, if my Ranger gets sunk, it costs around 60k to repair, plus a couple more grands for planes lost.

Ships can earn over 100k easily...because things cost in the millions are not uncommon at tiers beyond 7...a flight control for my Ranger costs 930k, IIRC.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users