Jump to content


I accomplished a long term goal in this game...


  • Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

General_Lee_Miserable #121 Posted 13 August 2016 - 01:04 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 320 battles
  • 1,622
  • Member since:
    07-27-2013

View PostEspressoForHammy, on 12 August 2016 - 06:04 PM, said:

 

Talk IS cheap, and cheap talk is exactly what your original post was. Myself and the rest of the guys in the thread are simply trying to point that out to you.

 

Who was talking? I was pointing out a piece of empirical evidence that is quite readily available to anyone who wants to go look. Honestly, I don't care what you think. Sure, I'm sad for taking pride in some foolish stat. You continually post on a forum for a game you admittedly rarely play, if ever.  Who is the sadder individual in this case? 



Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #122 Posted 13 August 2016 - 11:26 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 1396 battles
  • 4,911
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

View PostDrewthesteelman, on 13 August 2016 - 08:04 AM, said:

 

Who was talking? I was pointing out a piece of empirical evidence that is quite readily available to anyone who wants to go look. Honestly, I don't care what you think. Sure, I'm sad for taking pride in some foolish stat. You continually post on a forum for a game you admittedly rarely play, if ever.  Who is the sadder individual in this case? 

 


if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


General_Lee_Miserable #123 Posted 14 August 2016 - 12:09 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 320 battles
  • 1,622
  • Member since:
    07-27-2013
96 in the HOF as of this morning. Jumped 4 more spots in the last few days. :-)

losttwo #124 Posted 14 August 2016 - 12:31 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • 13,991
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

View PostDrewthesteelman, on 14 August 2016 - 07:09 AM, said:

96 in the HOF as of this morning. Jumped 4 more spots in the last few days. :-)

 

Much like having 500+ friends on Facebook and getting likes on every post...Facebook famous.

But whatever. If that is your goal then congrats to you.

Or even unfriending someone on Facebook and thinking you are hurting their feelings.

Just like if gaining the #1 spot in WOWP is your goal, more power to you. 

By the way congrats on the 96 place in the HOF.

 

What I don't get, is why people bother responding to certain posts and try to defend a position.

More so when people are trying to provoke a response, an emotional response.

Far easier to use a the scroll wheel and ignore the posting.

After all this is an online, over the internet with people you may never meet, forum.

Body-less, formless, emotionless virtual world of fantasy.

 

Guess that is the difference between one persons reality and another.

 



General_Lee_Miserable #125 Posted 14 August 2016 - 12:34 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 320 battles
  • 1,622
  • Member since:
    07-27-2013

View Postlosttwo, on 14 August 2016 - 12:31 PM, said:

 

Much like having 500+ friends on Facebook and getting likes on every post...Facebook famous.

But whatever. If that is your goal then congrats to you.

Or even unfriending someone on Facebook and thinking you are hurting their feelings.

Just like if gaining the #1 spot in WOWP is your goal, more power to you. 

By the way congrats on the 96 place in the HOF.

 

What I don't get, is why people bother responding to certain posts and try to defend a position.

More so when people are trying to provoke a response, an emotional response.

Far easier to use a the scroll wheel and ignore the posting.

After all this is an online, over the internet with people you may never meet, forum.

Body-less, formless, emotionless virtual world of fantasy.

 

Guess that is the difference between one persons reality and another.

 

 

Some of you people.... lol I do want some of what you are smoking. 



losttwo #126 Posted 14 August 2016 - 02:39 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • 13,991
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

Well goals in gaming and the virtual world are great.

My current goal in DOOM 2016 is to get past one of the trial run missions and reach the alter. 

Been 2 weeks and can't seem to get past jumping across the chasm.

 

Yet promoting and beating your chest about it makes as much sense as paying for College and never showing up to class.

 

Setting real life goals such as becoming a manger of a company in X amount of years with out assassinate the current manager.

Is something to beat your chest about. That is if you are the first one to do it sooner than anyone else.

 

Other WORTHWHILE  goals one could beat their chest about is :

  Being married to 1 the same woman longer than your peers.

  Being 60 years old and winning a triathlon while being a prostate cancer survivor. 

  Winning 25 GOLD medals during the Olympics.

 

Achievements in a virtual world...well those are only important to you and no one else.

No one cares if a person live in their moms basement, single, morbidly obese no life but gaming virtual goal achiever.

Just like no one cares if you are the Star QB for the Dallas Cowboys playing WOWP with the best computer money can buy

and achieving goals you set in whatever game you play.

 

What people do care about is being able to provoke a negative emotional response and push buttons.

It is about the only thing fun in forums.

My goal is to get people to PM responses and then I know I did a successful troll.



GouIdy #127 Posted 14 August 2016 - 04:19 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 6 battles
  • 2,628
  • Member since:
    11-18-2013

View PostDrewthesteelman, on 14 August 2016 - 08:09 AM, said:

96 in the HOF as of this morning. Jumped 4 more spots in the last few days. :-)

 

170937-Anchorman-Im-kind-of-a-big-dea-zd

General_Lee_Miserable #128 Posted 14 August 2016 - 04:24 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 320 battles
  • 1,622
  • Member since:
    07-27-2013

View PostGouIdy, on 14 August 2016 - 04:19 PM, said:

 

170937-Anchorman-Im-kind-of-a-big-dea-zd

 

I know i am! :-) 

dityboycom #129 Posted 14 August 2016 - 04:34 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 1 battle
  • 9,287
  • [BAGG] BAGG
  • Member since:
    08-23-2014
4 more people fell past the 90 day mark of not playing. Just proof we're losing population!

General_Lee_Miserable #130 Posted 14 August 2016 - 04:53 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 320 battles
  • 1,622
  • Member since:
    07-27-2013

View Postdityboycom, on 14 August 2016 - 04:34 PM, said:

4 more people fell past the 90 day mark of not playing. Just proof we're losing population!

 

deadwood that needed to go. You going to be part of that soon??? :-) 

losttwo #131 Posted 14 August 2016 - 05:56 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • 13,991
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

View Postdityboycom, on 14 August 2016 - 11:34 AM, said:

4 more people fell past the 90 day mark of not playing. Just proof we're losing population!

 

I think that is 4 more people that got kicked out of moms basement and joined.

the hit reality show " Biggest Loser "



General_Lee_Miserable #132 Posted 14 August 2016 - 06:03 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 320 battles
  • 1,622
  • Member since:
    07-27-2013

View Postlosttwo, on 14 August 2016 - 05:56 PM, said:

 

I think that is 4 more people that got kicked out of moms basement and joined.

the hit reality show " Biggest Loser "

 

By the way...how is the basement these days? Keeping cool down there? 

losttwo #133 Posted 15 August 2016 - 12:00 AM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • 13,991
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

View PostDrewthesteelman, on 14 August 2016 - 01:03 PM, said:

 

By the way...how is the basement these days? Keeping cool down there? 

 

Actually, Yes.

The Basement is the coolest part in the house this time of year. In case you are curious

I made a 3rd of it into my art studio and the rest is the Family room. It also has a half bath.

Hard to keep it warm in the winter. Thinking about installing an underfloor heating system.

Got plenty of room from floor to ceiling so I could lose a few inches by adding a new wood floor on

top of the concrete. I could even go with adding a concrete floor and then acid stain it.

Problem with adding concrete is there would be no access to the pipes if anything happened in the future.

Setting 2X6 floor joist really seems like the logic choice and easiest.

Thanks for asking.



Bandet #134 Posted 15 August 2016 - 06:23 PM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 3,225
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    03-25-2012

View Postdityboycom, on 12 August 2016 - 10:47 AM, said:

 

That's not true at all, we have all made it through all the strict moderation of the past, which I am assuming you missed out on. A few problem childs were permanently removed, but the majority of the sites trolls are smarter than the system, more often than not, anyway.

 

I once got a 3 day RO for saying "Steve"

 

The old mods were vindictive. One time they waited two months after an offense on the forums to ban me in-game for 24 hours during an event. This was after they had already banned me on the forums for the same event. They banned me two different times for the same offense across a two month time period for no other reason than because they could.

 

The lengths they went.


Edited by Bandet, 15 August 2016 - 06:27 PM.

To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.


dityboycom #135 Posted 15 August 2016 - 06:33 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 1 battle
  • 9,287
  • [BAGG] BAGG
  • Member since:
    08-23-2014

View Postlosttwo, on 14 August 2016 - 08:00 PM, said:

 

Actually, Yes.

The Basement is the coolest part in the house this time of year. In case you are curious

I made a 3rd of it into my art studio and the rest is the Family room. It also has a half bath.

Hard to keep it warm in the winter. Thinking about installing an underfloor heating system.

Got plenty of room from floor to ceiling so I could lose a few inches by adding a new wood floor on

top of the concrete. I could even go with adding a concrete floor and then acid stain it.

Problem with adding concrete is there would be no access to the pipes if anything happened in the future.

Setting 2X6 floor joist really seems like the logic choice and easiest.

Thanks for asking.

 

imma swing by this weekend see wuts up

Pogo68 #136 Posted 15 August 2016 - 08:01 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1649 battles
  • 1,377
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-
  • Member since:
    11-06-2012

Personal long term goals,

Get the planes I want.

That's all.

Off the top of my head...

 

F-86, check

F-94D, check

F7U, check

IL-40, check

Spitfires, check

IL-2's, check

Mosquito, check

Hornet, check

P-47, check

F4U1, F4U-4, check, and check

Bf-109B-G, check

Fw-190 series, check

Me-262a, check

F2H, check

A6M2-21, check

A6M5, check

 

MiG-15, research in progress

Ta-152, research completed

 


Edited by Pogo68, 15 August 2016 - 08:20 PM.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

Rosebud #137 Posted 16 August 2016 - 09:38 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 12 battles
  • 1,039
  • Member since:
    12-27-2011

View PostDrewthesteelman, on 08 August 2016 - 07:10 AM, said:

I cracked the top 100 in the HOF. As of today, I'm 100. Probably doesn't mean much to you folks or the old guard who discount all play after bots. But, I set a goal to be a top 100 player way back when. Today, that goal is realized. Now... top 50 is on my radar. Watch out!

 

Seven pages! The guy just shares his personal achievement and even states that it "doesn't mean much." So what happens? Seven pages of trolling arguments...LOL, that's why I pathetically keep coming back to this forum. Even the guy I disagree the most with on it, is almost a carbon copy (dating myself here) of myself. Sigh...such is my life, thanks for making it interesting...irritating, but interesting.


 


Porkins_Jr #138 Posted 16 August 2016 - 09:40 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 5,280
  • [BAGG] BAGG
  • Member since:
    12-10-2013

View PostRosebud, on 16 August 2016 - 05:38 PM, said:

 

Seven pages! The guy just shares his personal achievement and even states that it "doesn't mean much." So what happens? Seven pages of trolling arguments...LOL, that's why I pathetically keep coming back to this forum. Even the guy I disagree the most with on it, is almost a carbon copy (dating myself here) of myself. Sigh...such is my life, thanks for making it interesting...irritating, but interesting.

 

Lost has a clone? Scary

Edited by Porkins_Jr, 16 August 2016 - 09:40 PM.


losttwo #139 Posted 16 August 2016 - 09:54 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • 13,991
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

He can't possibly be speaking about me. I did not troll the OP until page 7.

Responses on page 1 and 5 were both non-trolling.

Page 6 was tossing a baited hook out for someone to bite on.

Page 7 was trolling the OP and i got my letter. BOY WAS IT A GOOD ONE.

I printed it out and stuck it on my troll board.

So far that is 5 letters since i started this game from people I have PPPPPPPP off.



Rosebud #140 Posted 16 August 2016 - 10:02 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 12 battles
  • 1,039
  • Member since:
    12-27-2011

View Postlosttwo, on 16 August 2016 - 04:54 PM, said:

He can't possibly be speaking about me. I did not troll the OP until page 7.

Responses on page 1 and 5 were both non-trolling.

Page 6 was tossing a baited hook out for someone to bite on.

Page 7 was trolling the OP and i got my letter. BOY WAS IT A GOOD ONE.

I printed it out and stuck it on my troll board.

So far that is 5 letters since i started this game from people I have PPPPPPPP off.

 

You were mentioning your man cave/studio, long and happy marriage, age and retired state. I'm reading that and thinking "That's me...wth is going on here?"

 

*The comment was more in the general sense of the forums overall and not pertaining to this thread in particular. Your trolling on this one has been beneath your standards. lol


Edited by Rosebud, 16 August 2016 - 10:08 PM.


 





3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users