• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Chokai #21 Posted 10 May 2017 - 06:14 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 6742 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostPsicko23, on 09 May 2017 - 04:20 AM, said:

Nicely done. 

Thanks man! The anniversary+the x5... after a x3 weekend. Well. I got 200k xp in about 20, maybe 30 battles. About to tech out. Sadly I am only at about 1 mil silver now, so I will wait a while for the T: X. Never even upgraded my engines...

The (not so) amazing Chokai is back! And he's hit all his personal goals sans one! Seriously though, nice to be back, looks like he game is improving. I continue to try to recruit new people.

Psicko23 #22 Posted 10 May 2017 - 08:21 AM

First Lieutenant

• 19786 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
I say upgrade the engines. The tier 10 is underwhelming in my experience. The t10 is like the t9, only a bit faster and ever so slightly more maneuverability. the guns are the same and the altitude is the same. In game it felt about the same as the t9. I do better in the t9 for some reason. This line was also my first t9 and t10. Most of my t10 planes are leaps and bounds better than the 1101 in regards to w/r and k/d ratio. The La15 has a better winrate, but not as good as k/d ratio. All other planes are better in both regards.

Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Chokai #23 Posted 10 May 2017 - 08:49 AM

• 6742 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostPsicko23, on 10 May 2017 - 08:21 AM, said:

I say upgrade the engines. The tier 10 is underwhelming in my experience. The t10 is like the t9, only a bit faster and ever so slightly more maneuverability. the guns are the same and the altitude is the same. In game it felt about the same as the t9. I do better in the t9 for some reason. This line was also my first t9 and t10. Most of my t10 planes are leaps and bounds better than the 1101 in regards to w/r and k/d ratio. The La15 has a better winrate, but not as good as k/d ratio. All other planes are better in both regards.

I'm planning on it. I keep looking at the 1101 and it looks like a German Sabre or Mig design wise. Only advantage is speed over its predecessor. Honestly was planning on upgrading the engines after I research out simply since it's shared with the other T9 German planes. Gives them a leg up. But the 1101 itself... yeah it will be my first T: X but it looks weak.

speaking of which the 262 HGII is my second T9 (though I have three others researched) and the 20MMs on it make it amazing. I always sucked in the 262 with 30s... but it seems to have a slower overheat too. Just turns planes to mulch.

as to the other planes you talked about- just got La-7 today. I'm at the Mig-260 or whatever the T8 is. Definetely going for Mig-9. Yakolev planes I've always done well in. Same with the Yak-15 so wanna follow up on those. Managed to even kill flights of heavies in that. I love my Yaks. Have J7W2 researched... I hear bad things about both it and the Yak, and yet those are the planes I do best in. So may get her too.

Edited by Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Chokai, 10 May 2017 - 08:50 AM.

The (not so) amazing Chokai is back! And he's hit all his personal goals sans one! Seriously though, nice to be back, looks like he game is improving. I continue to try to recruit new people.

pyantoryng #24 Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:53 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12468 battles
HG2 shares every upgrades save the top 30mm with the the 1099 if you had it fully upgraded...must be great to be able to start it like that (stock 30mm is so much slog)...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Chokai #25 Posted 12 May 2017 - 12:04 AM

• 6742 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postpyantoryng, on 11 May 2017 - 03:53 PM, said:

HG2 shares every upgrades save the top 30mm with the the 1099 if you had it fully upgraded...must be great to be able to start it like that (stock 30mm is so much slog)...

It really is. Kept the T9 109, so now I have too engines, new airframe, and started with the 20s. The 20s also had a longer overheat cycle and seemed more accurate though that may just be me. I hated the HG-1. Had worse lag then, hated 30s in general. Now I love the HG2. Will definetely see how the top 30s perform. My first match in the HG2... I knew she was a lovely lady.

pyantoryng #26 Posted 12 May 2017 - 02:31 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12468 battles

View PostFog_Heavy_Cruiser_Chokai, on 12 May 2017 - 12:04 AM, said:

It really is. Kept the T9 109, so now I have too engines, new airframe, and started with the 20s. The 20s also had a longer overheat cycle and seemed more accurate though that may just be me. I hated the HG-1. Had worse lag then, hated 30s in general. Now I love the HG2. Will definetely see how the top 30s perform. My first match in the HG2... I knew she was a lovely lady.

The plain old 262 is the 262 that made it to production...not even HG.

Though, you need to get to check the UK ADEN and French DEFA out...those are revolver 30mms and they are some of the better ones out there. With the velocity stats removed I'm speculating that the German top 30mm revolver (which IRL was where those other European revolver 30mms originated from) would work the same way. The J7W2's top 30mms are pretty much the same as the German plain MK 108, but mounted in a much more maneuverable chassis...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Chokai #27 Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:59 AM

• 6742 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postpyantoryng, on 12 May 2017 - 02:31 AM, said:

The plain old 262 is the 262 that made it to production...not even HG.

Though, you need to get to check the UK ADEN and French DEFA out...those are revolver 30mms and they are some of the better ones out there. With the velocity stats removed I'm speculating that the German top 30mm revolver (which IRL was where those other European revolver 30mms originated from) would work the same way. The J7W2's top 30mms are pretty much the same as the German plain MK 108, but mounted in a much more maneuverable chassis...

I'm only on tier 7 (haven't even bought it) of the UK heavies. Want to try the rest out but the Blen and Mossie were both so meh, Beau was the only real fun plane. Not sure if I want to keep going down that line. 

I agree on the J7W. J7W1 is probably my best T8 plane- if not that, then Yak-15. And even when I had worse ping I loved the 30's on it. THe combination of it's ability to turn and the power of the 30s really made it shine. Killed quite a few heavies who tried to BNZ me only to have me circle and put some 30's into their tail. Such a fun plane. I have T9 researched, I just hear it's bad so haven't gone for it. ANd I kind of understand what I've heard- even in nthe 109 T9 (I can never get the numbers right) everyone starts so high. Even that plain starts high in the red altitude wise. I can't imagine what it would be like in the low flying J7W2 (why an interceptor has poor altitude is beyond me).

D'oh my bad. Yeah its 262, then HG-2 and HG-3. The split tail is really weird on the HG-2... as to the 30's on it. Well, i've yet to use the ADEN or anything, but I will see how they feel. I wish they brought back velocity, but at least the different gun calibers feel consistent over different plains. Though I swear UK 20 mms are worse than any other nation, and the upgraded German 20mms feel like they have better velocity. I know that's just confirmation bias, but something I've noticed.

Edit- Top 30 on the HG-2 feels like a machine gun. Really cool. But it's slow velocity and short range are killing me. First game with 30's I did nothing but 200 damage. Switched back to the 20's, bagged a Swift, a Cutlass, the Two GA's, and 2 assissts. Most XP in one battle I've ever gotten, stolen from J7W1. Definetely keeping the 20's. So freaking good. Like a buzzsaw.

Edited by Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Chokai, 13 May 2017 - 06:52 AM.

pyantoryng #28 Posted 13 May 2017 - 02:38 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12468 battles

After the Hornet, the P.1056 is a solid plane with reliable firepower in form of four T9 20mms (well, not the gun tier itself, but it's the same thing the T9 Attacker use) and can opt for two more of said guns, two 40mms which are actually viable now, or a slew of ordnance that is enough to get Thunder on their own with careful usage and correct map...or you can run light with nothing in the wings to keep the speed and be maneuverable enough to dogfight a 262. I'd say it's worth it if you like heavy fighters and the 20mm caliber.

Went up all three HF lines myself...T8 and 9 HFs are all solid performers...well, save for the 262 family for me though.

Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Chokai #29 Posted 13 May 2017 - 08:40 PM

• 6742 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Interesting, will definitely go for the U.K. Then. Also, whilst it's the T10- the Javelin looks so damn good. 

I honesylu cant perform with 30s in a heavy to save my life. In a fighter? No problem. In a heavy? Yuck.

Psicko23 #30 Posted 14 May 2017 - 05:26 AM

First Lieutenant

• 19786 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
 Yeah, when I made it to the t6 british heavy line, I stopped playing it for awhile. I restarted it, then got the t7 and slugged through the grind. I like the t8 p1056. I don't have the t9 yet. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users