PEASE FIX THE GAME!!!

server kicks slow load in controls loss

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

Capt_Hawkeye #1 Posted 06 August 2016 - 11:17 AM

Airman Basic

• 3 battles

Dear WOWP's I have been experiencing a server kick every first battle, every time I first load in for the day I can expect a server kick, after the first kick it lets me play fine, then after about the third battle I have complete spazzing on my screen, the planes freeze in mid air, and all the planes spread out to the far sides of the map,. And total control loss, this happens way to often, I have now claimed this game broke,.

I'm getting a real sick feeling when I want to play now, I have had my internet turned all the way up they can provide and it still does this ,.

I believe this problem is at your end not mine,

It's getting tiresome to have to make up two or three losses because the game is broke,. Pleas fix this problem, it makes you guys look like armatures

Thankyou!,..

losttwo #2 Posted 06 August 2016 - 11:38 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

send a ticket to support.

Here is a clue.

If you are the only one experiencing it or a small, tiny fraction of people

then it is not WOWP...it is the computer being used.

Try updating your drivers.

You can also try RAZOR game booster to see if that helps.

Edited by losttwo, 06 August 2016 - 11:40 AM.

dityboycom #3 Posted 06 August 2016 - 03:46 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG
yerp, not the game. We got a few guys with the same problem, I don't experience it. Chemnut refuses to update his drivers so he just deals with it.

Steel_bomber_ #4 Posted 06 August 2016 - 07:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

I very often have that first logout event happening too, but never the planes going all directions (I do have all drivers updated).

I just log in again, that works.

THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

Chuck_norris10 #5 Posted 06 August 2016 - 08:21 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2480 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP
Nothing worse then looking like an "armature".

cqiyuan #6 Posted 06 August 2016 - 11:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 249 battles
  • [X3M] X3M
Im facing the problem as well. ...

Porkins_Jr #7 Posted 07 August 2016 - 01:40 AM

Major

• 0 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG
Are you a professional or an armature?

Chuck_norris10 #8 Posted 07 August 2016 - 02:51 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2480 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostPorkins_Jr, on 06 August 2016 - 06:40 PM, said:

Are you a professional or an armature?

I tried to find an armature pun but I guess I am out of my field.

PzrCanuck #9 Posted 07 August 2016 - 11:29 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2857 battles

Capt Hawkeye,

you are not alone in this. 

the default answer from tech support is get a new computer,change your ISP, there's NOTHING wrong with the game.

Bobby_Tables #10 Posted 07 August 2016 - 11:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 8535 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostChuck_norris10, on 06 August 2016 - 08:51 PM, said:

I tried to find an armature pun but I guess I am out of my field.

The trick is to not get all wrapped around the issue.

Porkins_Jr #11 Posted 08 August 2016 - 12:50 AM

Major

• 0 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostBobby_Tables, on 07 August 2016 - 07:48 PM, said:

The trick is to not get all wrapped around the issue.

lol :D

Caecias #12 Posted 08 August 2016 - 03:03 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 233 battles

View PostCapt_Hawkeye, on 06 August 2016 - 06:17 AM, said:

Dear WOWP's I have been experiencing a server kick every first battle, every time I first load in for the day I can expect a server kick, after the first kick it lets me play fine, then after about the third battle I have complete spazzing on my screen, the planes freeze in mid air, and all the planes spread out to the far sides of the map,. And total control loss, this happens way to often, I have now claimed this game broke,.

I'm getting a real sick feeling when I want to play now, I have had my internet turned all the way up they can provide and it still does this ,.

I believe this problem is at your end not mine,

It's getting tiresome to have to make up two or three losses because the game is broke,. Pleas fix this problem, it makes you guys look like armatures

Thankyou!,..

You are not alone in this - I am disconnect as well on occasion, a few times on the initial sign-in for particular day.  Sometimes during mid game, when not immediately shown the "You have been  logged off from server", planes suspend in mid air as the server session is timed out...  100% packet loss, and a minute or two later, finally shown the dialog about being logged off.  Yet, my network diagnostics do not show any issues.  Most of the time I am able to log-in and get back to the game; my pilot being dead or alive I am returned to the match in progress.

What geography are you in?  Where are you logging-in from?

View Postlosttwo, on 06 August 2016 - 06:38 AM, said:

send a ticket to support.

Here is a clue.

If you are the only one experiencing it or a small, tiny fraction of people

then it is not WOWP...it is the computer being used.

Try updating your drivers.

You can also try RAZOR game booster to see if that helps.

My network is incredibly fast all things considered - with regards to this game, solidly in the 20-35ms +- 10% ping range; good trace-route path...  very few hops from the NYC area; and never a spiking of ping over 100ms during peak, or non-peak, playing times... or changes of routing.

Only once was a forced log-off related to my ISP's DNS and backbone going offline...   for "scheduled maintenance". Yet, it happens to me at least 4-5 times a week. 

My guess its at the server session layer - as the evidence points to just that:  either hardware or software induced, there may be limited, inadequate resources in their server-side cluster to manage and maintain user base securely.  My guess would be that they are virtualizing maps / game machines, but not providing adequate hardware resources internally for user access management, given that only 240 to 670 people are logged in at any given time.  That would be the way I would provision resources, in fact, to ensure high utilization of hardware, and keeping costs down.  Whether or not that is appropriate for the gamer, is irrelevant if the issue - as you note - only hits a few people, or all people a few times.  I know you have seen this happen to yourself - you have posted as such recently, no?

View PostSteel_bomber_, on 06 August 2016 - 02:45 PM, said:

I very often have that first logout event happening too, but never the planes going all directions (I do have all drivers updated).

I just log in again, that works.

If its always the first log-in for you, like the OP - that in itself is indeed questionable, and possibly a clue to what is going on.  Everyone playing on the NA server experiences an inexplicable forced log-off here and there - some more than others, due to a variety of factors.

What geography are you in?  Where are you logging in from?

View Postcqiyuan, on 06 August 2016 - 06:54 PM, said:

Im facing the problem as well. ...

What does your network stats look like?  I think you noted you are in South East Asia, no?  I realize your network performance will be taxed by sheer distance to the gaming cluster, but that is only one of a few factors to consider...

Hope everyone gets the technical sanfu's worked out...  many optimization challenges persist with the game - from graphics to secure server sessions; fixing some would greatly improve the user experience, make for happier pilots, and maybe even get more folks to play. 

Edited by Caecias, 08 August 2016 - 03:05 AM.

Steel_bomber_ #13 Posted 08 August 2016 - 08:07 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostCaecias, on 08 August 2016 - 04:03 AM, said:

If its always the first log-in for you, like the OP - that in itself is indeed questionable, and possibly a clue to what is going on.  Everyone playing on the NA server experiences an inexplicable forced log-off here and there - some more than others, due to a variety of factors.

I log in from the Netherlands (Europe), I have a good internet connection (50Mbps down, 16 Mbps up), I hardly ever get package losses.

My ping is average 100 (like between 80-120~) on the US server.

Who knows, maybe it is just some IP check?

Edited by Steel_bomber_, 08 August 2016 - 08:11 AM.

THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

cqiyuan #14 Posted 08 August 2016 - 08:44 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 249 battles
  • [X3M] X3M
I'm from malaysia, ping 300-400 (1mbps internet) 

View PostCaecias, on 08 August 2016 - 03:03 AM, said:

You are not alone in this - I am disconnect as well on occasion, a few times on the initial sign-in for particular day.  Sometimes during mid game, when not immediately shown the "You have been  logged off from server", planes suspend in mid air as the server session is timed out...  100% packet loss, and a minute or two later, finally shown the dialog about being logged off.  Yet, my network diagnostics do not show any issues.  Most of the time I am able to log-in and get back to the game; my pilot being dead or alive I am returned to the match in progress.

What geography are you in?  Where are you logging-in from?

My network is incredibly fast all things considered - with regards to this game, solidly in the 20-35ms +- 10% ping range; good trace-route path...  very few hops from the NYC area; and never a spiking of ping over 100ms during peak, or non-peak, playing times... or changes of routing.

Only once was a forced log-off related to my ISP's DNS and backbone going offline...   for "scheduled maintenance". Yet, it happens to me at least 4-5 times a week. 

My guess its at the server session layer - as the evidence points to just that:  either hardware or software induced, there may be limited, inadequate resources in their server-side cluster to manage and maintain user base securely.  My guess would be that they are virtualizing maps / game machines, but not providing adequate hardware resources internally for user access management, given that only 240 to 670 people are logged in at any given time.  That would be the way I would provision resources, in fact, to ensure high utilization of hardware, and keeping costs down.  Whether or not that is appropriate for the gamer, is irrelevant if the issue - as you note - only hits a few people, or all people a few times.  I know you have seen this happen to yourself - you have posted as such recently, no?

What does your network stats look like?  I think you noted you are in South East Asia, no?  I realize your network performance will be taxed by sheer distance to the gaming cluster, but that is only one of a few factors to consider...

Hope everyone gets the technical sanfu's worked out...  many optimization challenges persist with the game - from graphics to secure server sessions; fixing some would greatly improve the user experience, make for happier pilots, and maybe even get more folks to play. 

Ok guess im quitting the game until they fixed it 

cqiyuan #15 Posted 08 August 2016 - 09:55 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 249 battles
  • [X3M] X3M
come on ... where's the answer WGGGG 

Dratt_Dastardly #16 Posted 14 August 2016 - 02:34 AM

Airman Basic

• 17 battles

I'm in the same boat.  Seems more so than not, at least 50% of the time I start a battle, it disconnects when one is starting.  

It gets very frustrating because it usually then starts loading the battle, after reconnecting, very slowly.  By the time I load in, I might be already dead or too late to contribute.

losttwo #17 Posted 14 August 2016 - 02:59 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostCaecias, on 07 August 2016 - 10:03 PM, said:

I do have low end internet at 58 megabits per second and using wifi on a Pavillion g7 laptop.

However I know when I have DC issues it is based on my end.

Not until recently have I been experience " problems " outside of my end of control.

Caecias #18 Posted 14 August 2016 - 03:36 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 233 battles

View Postlosttwo, on 14 August 2016 - 09:59 AM, said:

I do have low end internet at 58 megabits per second and using wifi on a Pavillion g7 laptop.

Not until recently have I been experience " problems " outside of my end of control.

58 Mb/s is not lowwend...  

There is more to consider other than just your ISP's connection terminating at your residence; latency, in general, is underscored by a host of factors outside of your connection to the ISP.  Hops (trace-route), server cluster network and access, user access management (authorization servers and encryption grossly add to latency in some environmenta), and the server session layer, let alone the application layer, all contribute to latency, packet loss, and disconnects, among others. 

Edited by Caecias, 14 August 2016 - 03:49 PM.

Porkins_Jr #19 Posted 14 August 2016 - 03:39 PM

Major

• 0 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG
Lost is being sarcastic. I think. It's sometimes hard to tell.

GeorgePatton #20 Posted 14 August 2016 - 03:57 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 1609 battles
  • [SCHLD] SCHLD

View Postlosttwo, on 14 August 2016 - 09:59 AM, said:

58? That's slow? :ohmy: I thought my 4mb wasn't too bad hahahaha

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users