• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

GeorgePatton #21 Posted 06 August 2016 - 06:16 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 1609 battles
  • [SCHLD] SCHLD

View PostPorkins_Jr, on 06 August 2016 - 07:50 AM, said:

Oooo...that would suck. Did you send in a ticket? Tell me they fixed it.

I talked to GP about it and he said that there isn't really any way that I can prove my story so there's nothing they can really do. My 'proof' consists of seeing the jet appear on the spinner thing (and stopping) and then the spinner randomly went again and awarded me something else instead. No screenshots or video record, so no luck for me. Sad, but that's the way it goes.

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

Porkins_Jr #22 Posted 06 August 2016 - 09:19 PM

Major

• 0 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostGeorgePatton, on 06 August 2016 - 02:16 PM, said:

I talked to GP about it and he said that there isn't really any way that I can prove my story so there's nothing they can really do. My 'proof' consists of seeing the jet appear on the spinner thing (and stopping) and then the spinner randomly went again and awarded me something else instead. No screenshots or video record, so no luck for me. Sad, but that's the way it goes.

Cheers!
Glenn

Wow..that's tough. Good luck getting the plane again this time.

GeorgePatton #23 Posted 06 August 2016 - 09:27 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 1609 battles
  • [SCHLD] SCHLD

Thanks! I have it in the hangar from the last mission, so I'm not worried about missing it - I just hope they give gold value for getting it again this time!

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

FreeFOXMIKE #24 Posted 07 August 2016 - 06:34 AM

G.A.T.P. (Global Alpha Test Pilot)

• 5182 battles
  • [332ND] 332ND

View PostDrewthesteelman, on 06 August 2016 - 08:57 AM, said:

I don't mind that you had a response. It's that you guys always take the easy road in debating. There are 2 ways to disagree with and debate an opinion. You can discredit and/or shame. Or, you can provide a stronger argument. The easy road is to discredit. Takes less work. Try providing an argument with your own data. That is something I can respect. It can be as simple as posting your own comparative stats. 

look you put the stats up as reference to prove a point----- don't get rilled up when its tossed back at you. :facepalm:

a little rl history on the craft

The Heinkel He 100 was a German pre-World War II fighter aircraft design from Heinkel. Although it proved to be one of the fastest fighter aircraft in the world at the time of its development, the design was not ordered into series production. Approximately 19 prototypesand pre-production examples were built. None are known to have survived the war.

The reason for the He 100 failing to reach production status is mostly unknown. Officially, theLuftwaffe rejected the He 100 to concentrate single-seat fighter development on theMesserschmitt Bf 109. Following the adoption of the Bf 109 and Messerschmitt Bf 110 as the Luftwaffe's standard fighter types, the RLM announced a "rationalization" policy that placed fighter development at Messerschmitt and bomber development at Heinkel.

Because there are no surviving examples, and since many factory documents - including all blueprints for the He 100 - were destroyed during a bombing raid, there is limited specific information about the design and its unique systems.

Because the supercharger on the early Jumo 211 was not fully shrouded. In order to reduce weight and frontal area, the engine was mounted directly to the forward fuselage, which was strengthened and literally tailored to the DB 601, as opposed to conventional mounting on engine bearers. The cowling was very tight-fitting, and as a result the aircraft has something of a slab-sided appearance.

World speed record

One aspect of the original Projekt 1035 was the intent to capture the absolute speed record for Heinkel and Germany. Both Messerschmitt and Heinkel vied for this record before the war. Messerschmitt ultimately won that battle with the first prototype of the Me 209, but the He 100 briefly held the record when Heinkel test pilot Hans Dieterle flew the eighth prototype to 746.606 km/h (463.919 mph) on 30 March 1939. The third and eighth prototypes were specially modified for speed, with unique outer wing panels of reduced span. The third prototype crashed during testing. The record flight was made using a special version of the DB 601 engine that offered 2,010 kW (2,700 hp) and had a service life of just 30 minutes.

A full scale mockup of a He 100D-1 is on display at the Planes of Fame Air Museum in Chino, California.[6] No original He 100 airframes are known to exist.

https://en.wikipedia.../Heinkel_He_100

Agree with an above statement its fast but cant shoot down much----------- bst at damaging enemy ac,or finishing them off as they break and run from the furball. 

332 Virtual  Fighter  Group

losttwo #25 Posted 07 August 2016 - 12:39 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostDrewthesteelman, on 06 August 2016 - 07:51 AM, said:

Not worth the effort. I have it. Not a good plane. 

View PostDrewthesteelman, on 06 August 2016 - 08:13 AM, said:

Oh yeah. T6 speed. T3 firepower. Wonderful. You can catch anything. You just can't shoot it down. The fact that it was mentioned as one of the best fighters in its tier....laughable. Before someone comes in and tells me I have no idea what I am doing. Here is the comparison. 

My win % in...

Mig 3: 74%

F4F: 86%

i-180-3: 67%

And..... 

He-100-D1: 45%

Garbage heap. 

View PostBubba_Zanetti, on 06 August 2016 - 09:27 AM, said:

If we go by your logic then, the Bf 109E is garbage too?

View PostDrewthesteelman, on 06 August 2016 - 09:37 AM, said:

I love how people take this so seriously that they feel the need to go into someones stats and discredit. You really need a hobby. :-)

The 109E is a different story at 48%.. I did most of my 109E flying back before I had a clue about what I was doing.  It's a good plane. I just feel the Mig is the better all around high alt LF in that tier. So, I go to that when I want to play a T5 LF. 

View PostBubba_Zanetti, on 06 August 2016 - 09:46 AM, said:

Umm...you brought up your stats and how they influence your view of a planes worth (you opened the door).  You've made authoritarian comments (like the F2G which you have never flown/own), and while entitled to your opinion, I question the validity of your statements when not taking into account personal skill set/experience.  

I'm not saying you're a bad pilot, but perhaps some of the required methods of playing certain types of aircraft elude you?  I'm always learning and relearning and making stupid mistakes.

View PostDrewthesteelman, on 06 August 2016 - 09:57 AM, said:

I don't mind that you had a response. It's that you guys always take the easy road in debating. There are 2 ways to disagree with and debate an opinion. You can discredit and/or shame. Or, you can provide a stronger argument. The easy road is to discredit. Takes less work. Try providing an argument with your own data. That is something I can respect. It can be as simple as posting your own comparative stats. 

View PostBubba_Zanetti, on 06 August 2016 - 10:10 AM, said:

I find it's easier and more logical to form an opinion after having built up first hand experience on said subject.  It gives some weight to your opinion. Take Texthor who has almost zero hands-on play time in a GA but he's the authoritarian on no skill flying in this game.

You can look up my personal data for the He-100, or check the general population stats for that plane on warplanes.today.

I'll post my current numbers though:

39 games, 74% w/r, 2.59 avg kills, 595 avg dmg

What Bubba is saying to you is "  if you stop putting your hand in the door way when you slam the door, your hand wont hurt so much. "

General_Lee_Miserable #26 Posted 07 August 2016 - 01:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 320 battles

View Postlosttwo, on 07 August 2016 - 12:39 PM, said:

What Bubba is saying to you is "  if you stop putting your hand in the door way when you slam the door, your hand wont hurt so much. "

Yeah.. Thanks for the useless advice. When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you :-) 

losttwo #27 Posted 07 August 2016 - 09:31 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

cddlbunny #28 Posted 09 August 2016 - 08:08 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2427 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH
My quess is the same amount of time that they give you on in in the On Track in WoT which is about two weeks. You would need to do about ten battles a day assuming a fifty percent win overall rate with about ten kills per session over the span of the mission. From the way the wings are shaped it reminds one of a Stuka but without the undercarriage extended down.

Edited by cddlbunny0, 09 August 2016 - 08:10 AM.

EspressoForHammy #29 Posted 09 August 2016 - 04:35 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostDrewthesteelman, on 06 August 2016 - 08:13 AM, said:

He-100-D1: 45%

Garbage heap.

I have an 82.76% WR in mine. Bad guns don't matter if you never take any hits. But I guess we are comparing pilots and not planes at this point.

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

General_Lee_Miserable #30 Posted 09 August 2016 - 05:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 320 battles

View PostEspressoForHammy, on 09 August 2016 - 04:35 PM, said:

I have an 82.76% WR in mine. Bad guns don't matter if you never take any hits. But I guess we are comparing pilots and not planes at this point.

ohh..... do we need to have a one on one? :-)

Porkins_Jr #31 Posted 09 August 2016 - 07:46 PM

Major

• 0 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostDrewthesteelman, on 09 August 2016 - 01:43 PM, said:

That's how it works on these forums. There is a dispute, stats are brought up, a 1-on-1 is offered, both pilots can't work out a scheduled time, everything peters out and everyone forgets the whole thing.

Bear_82 #32 Posted 10 August 2016 - 11:27 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 58 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View Post0JetSPeeD0, on 05 August 2016 - 06:21 PM, said:

I see that it is coming up in 4 days.  Does anyone know how long it will last, not sure if I will have enough time to do it if it is only a 1 week mission.

It runs until the end of the month

EspressoForHammy #33 Posted 11 August 2016 - 03:53 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostDrewthesteelman, on 09 August 2016 - 12:43 PM, said:

I'll let you know when I'm playing WoWP again and we can have a one-on-one just for funsies.

Wouldn't prove a damn thing though. WR in an aircraft is far better proof, and even that is deeply flawed, because you could just tell me that my 83% WR in the He-100 was 100% flighted, or played during non-peak hours, or any number of other things.

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

Bear_82 #34 Posted 13 August 2016 - 01:12 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 58 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostGeorgePatton, on 05 August 2016 - 07:46 PM, said:

Wonder what they'll do for those of us that got it in round 1...

Cheers!
Glenn

hangar slot & 1800 gold

General_Lee_Miserable #35 Posted 13 August 2016 - 01:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 320 battles

View PostBear_82, on 13 August 2016 - 01:12 PM, said:

hangar slot & 1800 gold

Now I wish I hadn't sold mine for coin. I knew I was getting it again so I didn't think twice. Would have preferred the gold!

Innokenty #36 Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:29 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4594 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Consider this - to test out WR and DMG on same aircraft, different accounts, same player (me), I opened three accounts to play on. I've put money into all three accounts with premium aircraft, gold, premium time, etc.

Playing various premium aircraft what I noted was on one account the same aircraft had a remarkable WR, on another pitiful and low, and on the other about average.

I'm the constant here, and play the aircraft the same each time regardless of account....I want to win and have a high WR on each account.

Alas, clearly WG has something up its sleeve when the same aircraft can be stellar on one account, and dismal on the other.

Are these aircraft precoded on a bell curve so some are winners and others losers? Hard to know, but there's no reason why the same aircraft flown by the same player on different accounts yields different WR's.

This is why some can say a plane is great, and another say it's a loser.

Edited by BCB77B, 16 August 2016 - 12:31 AM.

dark.png

Psicko23 #37 Posted 16 August 2016 - 01:25 AM

First Lieutenant

• 24 battles
I like the he 100. Even with my lack of skill I have an 86% win rate in it. That was the plane I flew in losttwo's duel stranglehold video and pulled out an unlikely win. 

Bobby_Tables #38 Posted 17 August 2016 - 01:50 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 8516 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

NICE!

Just finished the mission by flying like I normally do (poorly).  The gold credit (since I already have the plane) almost doubled the Gold in my bank.  Not bad WG, you are on my good list for the week.  Don't screw it up. 

Edited by Bobby_Tables, 17 August 2016 - 01:51 AM.

Bandet #39 Posted 17 August 2016 - 03:39 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostBCB77B, on 15 August 2016 - 06:29 PM, said:

Consider this - to test out WR and DMG on same aircraft, different accounts, same player (me), I opened three accounts to play on. I've put money into all three accounts with premium aircraft, gold, premium time, etc.

Playing various premium aircraft what I noted was on one account the same aircraft had a remarkable WR, on another pitiful and low, and on the other about average.

I'm the constant here, and play the aircraft the same each time regardless of account....I want to win and have a high WR on each account.

Alas, clearly WG has something up its sleeve when the same aircraft can be stellar on one account, and dismal on the other.

Are these aircraft precoded on a bell curve so some are winners and others losers? Hard to know, but there's no reason why the same aircraft flown by the same player on different accounts yields different WR's.

This is why some can say a plane is great, and another say it's a loser.

How do people like this even function?

To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.

EspressoForHammy #40 Posted 17 August 2016 - 03:45 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostBandet, on 17 August 2016 - 10:39 AM, said:

How do people like this even function?

Poorly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users