New Wargaming Rules violation Policy

• Please log in to reply
280 replies to this topic

dityboycom #41 Posted 02 August 2016 - 03:20 PM

Colonel

• 10139 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostGhostPrime, on 02 August 2016 - 11:17 AM, said:

All the moderation is done in house now. Not by a 3rd party company as in the past. If you do get a point, and would like to appeal, you can file a ticket to support, PM me, or both. 

No, nothing is automated. All reports are viewed by our moderation team in order to determine if the report warrants a point before a sanction is applied

Will warnings still exists?

Say I violate a minor infraction, that probably doesn't warrant a strike, will I be warned that I am close to violating Rule X?

For example my Warning from February, was it a violation of the rule stipulated in the description, meh, maybe? Did it warrant a 3 day RO? Definitely not. Would something like that be a strike under this new system?

Edited by dityboycom, 02 August 2016 - 03:22 PM.

WOW

Great_Balls_O_Fire #42 Posted 02 August 2016 - 04:14 PM

Master Sergeant

• 8541 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-
This new policy is, IMO, one of the best things Wargaming has done in quite sometime.  Hopefully this will help to encourage others to join in on this great little game of ours instead of discouraging new players.  I truly do not believe that anyone that has remained in this game wants to see it fail, regardless of the postings that vent frustrations.  Call it logic, silliness, ignorance, or whatever on my part; too much frustration leads to people leaving the game.  Therefore, I must conclude that the ones that remain (me included) have yet to reach their maximum level of tolerance for, shall we say, a perceived lack of concern for the player base of this game from the creators of this game.  For all its faults, it is still the ONLY online game I play, and yes, I still enjoy it very much.  Good move, WG.

dityboycom #43 Posted 02 August 2016 - 04:24 PM

Colonel

• 10139 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostGreat_Balls_O_Fire, on 02 August 2016 - 12:14 PM, said:

This new policy is, IMO, one of the best things Wargaming has done in quite sometime.  Hopefully this will help to encourage others to join in on this great little game of ours instead of discouraging new players.  I truly do not believe that anyone that has remained in this game wants to see it fail, regardless of the postings that vent frustrations.  Call it logic, silliness, ignorance, or whatever on my part; too much frustration leads to people leaving the game.  Therefore, I must conclude that the ones that remain (me included) have yet to reach their maximum level of tolerance for, shall we say, a perceived lack of concern for the player base of this game from the creators of this game.  For all its faults, it is still the ONLY online game I play, and yes, I still enjoy it very much.  Good move, WG.

There are hundreds of much more successful games without such rules. This is a cry from a company that is so tired from hearing from its consumer base how inept they are, to silence them and only leave positive comments that lead new players to believe things are not as miserable and disappointing as they are. The potential for greatness is there, but the product is in the wrong companies hands.

Edited by dityboycom, 02 August 2016 - 04:25 PM.

WOW

Steel_bomber_ #44 Posted 02 August 2016 - 04:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 15627 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postdityboycom, on 02 August 2016 - 05:24 PM, said:

There are hundreds of much more successful games without such rules. This is a cry from a company that is so tired from hearing from its consumer base how inept they are, to silence them and only leave positive comments that lead new players to believe things are not as miserable and disappointing as they are. The potential for greatness is there, but the product is in the wrong companies hands.

There are still ways to write down how inept things are. No need to swear, just say it in nice words?

And beware to " plus 1" someone who is going to get a warning point, they probably can see you "plus oned" them, so you get a violation too !

Edited by Steel_bomber_, 02 August 2016 - 04:55 PM.

THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

MARS_REVENANT #45 Posted 02 August 2016 - 05:00 PM

Major

• 31382 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

One thing I see missing is repercussions for people/groups of people abusing the "Report Button".

The PlussOne Posse will quickly turn into the Report Platoon.  This will be very similar to the situation that caused the neg-reps to be removed, only the stakes are much higher as perma-bans are now a possibility.

I believe abusing the report button is against the rules, and that moderation will be done fairly, in-house on a case-by-case basis.  I would only hope that the report abuse is met with a strike against the reporter rather than the reported.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

dityboycom #46 Posted 02 August 2016 - 05:01 PM

Colonel

• 10139 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostSteel_bomber_, on 02 August 2016 - 12:54 PM, said:

There are still ways to write down how inept things are. No need to swear, just say it in nice words?

And beware to " plus 1" someone who is going to get a warning point, they probably can see you "plus oned" them, so you get a violation too !

Of course, but the majority of the consumer base says things like "THIS SUCKS" "you suck" "company sucks" "WG Sucks" etc. Very few take the time to write out cause and effect on how, why, or how to rectify the situation. Mostly because it's just not worth it.

For every post you read "WG SUCKS!" you can probably assume 2 people stopped playing for the same reason this guy thinks they suck. So if you always have 3 people quitting, but you're only gaining 1 new person for every 3 that quit, eventually your population goes from Good to bad to worst. Planes is fortunate enough that it's a niche market, and even though we all quit and never want to come back. Eventually we want to fly again, and this is the closest thing to a classic aerial combat game available online.

So in hopes to hide the "WG SUCKS" posts, you make rules that allows you to get rid of the toxicity on the forums and makes room for new players to promote themselves and feel great in the environment. Naturally this will lower the talent pool and eliminate anyone who actually knows what they're doing; but, it will potentially increase profits. So it's not a bad move by WG. Doesn't change the reason they're doing it; but, we are fortunate enough that WG titles are so old and have such a bad rap sheet, that the population for their titles is already on the way out the door. So these new awesome rules will be enforced on no one.

WOW

GhostPrime #47 Posted 02 August 2016 - 05:07 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 1337 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View Postdityboycom, on 02 August 2016 - 08:24 AM, said:

You are entitled to your opinion.  In fact, please do post it! The more detailed the better. I can't send a player quote to the developers that is just "WG SUCKS!" You may want to phase it a as "XX Sucks, Here's why". The opinions of players' is very important. These rules are not to silence anyone posting within the forum rules. 

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

dityboycom #48 Posted 02 August 2016 - 05:11 PM

Colonel

• 10139 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostGhostPrime, on 02 August 2016 - 01:07 PM, said:

You are entitled to your opinion.  In fact, please do post it! The more detailed the better. I can't send a player quote to the developers that is just "WG SUCKS!" You may want to phase it a as "XX Sucks, Here's why". The opinions of players' is very important. These rules are not to silence anyone posting within the forum rules. 

Glad to hear it! One question from me and I probably can't think of anything that hasn't been beaten to death in the tanks forums.

View Postdityboycom, on 02 August 2016 - 11:20 AM, said:

Say I violate a minor infraction, that probably doesn't warrant a strike, will I be warned that I am close to violating Rule X?

For example my Warning from February, was it a violation of the rule stipulated in the description, meh, maybe? Did it warrant a 3 day RO? Definitely not. Would something like that be a strike under this new system?

WOW

GhostPrime #49 Posted 02 August 2016 - 06:48 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 1337 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View Postdityboycom, on 02 August 2016 - 07:20 AM, said:

Warnings will still exist, yes. To be honest, the point you referenced, I would say that that did not warrant a point at all. 

Find us on Facebook!

dityboycom #50 Posted 02 August 2016 - 07:04 PM

Colonel

• 10139 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostGhostPrime, on 02 August 2016 - 02:48 PM, said:

Warnings will still exist, yes. To be honest, the point you referenced, I would say that that did not warrant a point at all. 

This changes everything, and you are now my hero. Thank you.

For everyone else, correct me if I'm wrong here Ghost. The strike system will be used as a severe punishment, while warnings will still be in place to slap wrist wen behavior is out of line. Meaning we won't be seeing strikes handed out because you named and shamed, but you will get a strike if you name and shame on a regular basis.

WOW

losttwo #51 Posted 02 August 2016 - 07:49 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postdityboycom, on 02 August 2016 - 02:04 PM, said:

This changes everything, and you are now my hero. Thank you.

For everyone else, correct me if I'm wrong here Ghost. The strike system will be used as a severe punishment, while warnings will still be in place to slap wrist wen behavior is out of line. Meaning we won't be seeing strikes handed out because you named and shamed, but you will get a strike if you name and shame on a regular basis.

or if you shame your name you will get a strike

dityboycom #52 Posted 02 August 2016 - 07:52 PM

Colonel

• 10139 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View Postlosttwo, on 02 August 2016 - 03:49 PM, said:

or if you shame your name you will get a strike

WOW

Dsembr_Rein #53 Posted 02 August 2016 - 11:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10149 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
WG makes policy changes to cut down on crap posting, people worry about how much crap they can get away with, GP does his best to set them at ease... Wonderful.

Pogo68 #54 Posted 02 August 2016 - 11:32 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 17650 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

So what are "minor game violations" and physics abuse?

Pushing down slightly to reduce G load to 0 or negative G in order to increase acceleration?

Newsflash, that's called unloading an aircraft. it's been around since 1915 when pilots found that reducing the g's reduced drag and allowed them to accelerate faster.

It's also something we learned to do in every hi-fidelity flightsim, like IL-2, Microsoft flight simulator, X-planes, Falcon 3/4 and so on.

Edited by Pogo68, 03 August 2016 - 12:24 AM.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

GhostPrime #55 Posted 02 August 2016 - 11:43 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 1337 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B
When this program gets rolled out, myself and with the help of Nyx will be looking at the reports and strikes to see if anything is unfair, or heavy handed. If we find any that are we will look into reversing the strike. If anyone gets a strike they feel is unfair, please let me know and we will look into it. Not all strikes will get reversed, but this announcement is to inform everyone of what we are doing to make sure that the moderation is consistent and fair. 

Find us on Facebook!

Porkins_Jr #56 Posted 03 August 2016 - 11:10 AM

Major

• 14402 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG
Wow, this sounds like a real improvement.

dityboycom #57 Posted 03 August 2016 - 11:46 AM

Colonel

• 10139 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostPorkins_Jr, on 03 August 2016 - 07:10 AM, said:

Wow, this sounds like a real improvement.

I agree. 

WOW

EspressoForHammy #58 Posted 03 August 2016 - 12:58 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4979 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View PostGhostPrime, on 02 August 2016 - 06:43 PM, said:

When this program gets rolled out, myself and with the help of Nyx will be looking at the reports and strikes to see if anything is unfair, or heavy handed. If we find any that are we will look into reversing the strike. If anyone gets a strike they feel is unfair, please let me know and we will look into it. Not all strikes will get reversed, but this announcement is to inform everyone of what we are doing to make sure that the moderation is consistent and fair. 

I'm impressed.

Granted, I'll be more impressed when I see this actually followed, but I'm still very impressed that this is even being attempted.

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

MelBrooks #59 Posted 03 August 2016 - 05:18 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 29384 battles
I'm glad to see that the system will allow players to vent and blow off some steam and still get a warning point, not a permanent red letter on their sweater.

Edited by RuthBuzzi, 03 August 2016 - 05:19 PM.

MARS_REVENANT #60 Posted 03 August 2016 - 05:41 PM

Major

• 31382 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

:great:

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 20 October 2016 - 03:25 AM.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users