New Wargaming Rules violation Policy

• Please log in to reply
280 replies to this topic

Derpinoid #261 Posted 08 April 2017 - 04:11 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 15847 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-
I find this whole thing pretty funny, basically bribing people to behave, then just flaking out on the goods. Not that it would really sway my attitude anyway, but, hey, don't, disappoint, the, trinket, collectors, too, much, more.

Experience only counts when you're doing it right in the first place.

"When everything goes right, you don't learn anything" NASA rocket tester.

MARS_REVENANT #262 Posted 12 April 2017 - 02:12 PM

Major

• 34275 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostGhostPrime, on 01 August 2016 - 01:14 PM, said:

Hello Pilots!

Wargaming is pleased to announce an update to our Rules and Violations policy. We’ve heard your requests for more transparency regarding how violations are handled and we want to provide this to you.

We are committed to providing everyone with a positive gaming experience, and a key part of that is how we handle our rules and what happens when they are violated. Our goal with this update is to reward players who contribute positively to our games, and to make sure there are policies in place to help keep our games as safe as possible for everyone.

Earn Rewards for Good Behavior

The most important part of our new policy is the addition of rewards! Players who step up to the challenge and consistently exhibit good behavior will be rewarded every three months.

Everyone who has no game, chat, or forum violations during the 3 month period:

• Will receive a token of appreciation from Wargaming - these could be things like Premium consumables or other in-game items.
  • Will be entered into a drawing for ninety (90) days of Premium time. Fifty (50) random players will be selected to receive this Premium time!

All players that have no game, chat, or forum violations for an entire year will be entered into a drawing for a selection of in-game items worth $250. One (1) player will be selected to receive this package of items that would include things like Premium Time, rare vehicles, and Gold.

Start Date

Our new policy will go into effect on August 8, 2016 . We are providing it here today so that everyone can be aware of these changes in advance. 

As we are rolling out the updates to our policy, we will be wiping the slate clean for every Wargaming customer with an active account.* Any previous in-game sanctions, chat violations, or forum warnings will no longer count against you. (Players who are already permanently banned are NOT eligible to be unbanned and receive a clean slate).

How Strikes Work

Previously, violations would “roll off” and no longer count against you after a certain period of time. This left open the possibility for people to “game the system” by improving behavior only long enough to let their violation roll off.

Under the new policy:

• Players will receive one warning, and each offense afterwards will then count as a “strike” against the account.
  • Each strike received will come will a restriction. Restrictions increase with each strike.
  • Important: Strikes do not roll off!
  •  Once you have reached 5 strikes, your account is eligible to be permanently restricted.
    • 5 strikes in chat violations can result in a permanent chat ban.
    • 5 strikes in game violations can result in a permanent game ban.
    • 5 strikes in the forums can result in a permanent forum ban.
  • If you believe a strike was placed on your account incorrectly, submit a Penalty Appeal as a Support ticket and we will thoroughly review the issue.

Please note! For extremely severe violations, an account can be restricted with less than the above number of strikes, at the sole discretion of Wargaming employees. Wargaming reserves the right to review each situation and take the best action based on the individual details of the particular issue.

We have provided a detailed explanation of exactly what this means for in-game behavior, chat behavior, and forum behavior.

https://na.wargaming.net/support/kb/articles/680

We believe these new policies will help improve everyone’s overall experience, keep the games you love as friendly as possible. Our desire is not to punish people – we want to have a clear policy in place  and then hold players accountable for their behavior in order to ensure we do everything we can to provide you with the best possible gaming experience! At the same time, we want to reward those who step up to meet these expectations consistently.

*Please note – accounts that were banned under the previous system will remain banned. Existing banned accounts are not eligible for a clean slate.

If you have any questions, please place them in the comments below.

So when is the draw for 90 days of premium time?

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

Texthor #263 Posted 12 April 2017 - 02:28 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 28760 battles

View PostTexthor, on 01 August 2016 - 02:23 PM, said:

In other words: we forbade thy speaketh with fiery tongue about thy Mighty IL !!!

NO whipped cream or cherry on top for me  !!!!

Edited by Texthor, 12 April 2017 - 02:34 PM.

RedSpartacus #264 Posted 12 April 2017 - 03:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 17552 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostTexthor, on 12 April 2017 - 10:28 AM, said:

Have you checked your consumables, I've found them sitting there and I cannot remember having received an in game notification.
  RUN WITH THE PACK

MARS_REVENANT #265 Posted 12 April 2017 - 03:28 PM

Major

• 34275 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

Block Quote

View PostTexthor, on 01 August 2016 - 02:23 PM, said:

In other words: we forbade thy speaketh with fiery tongue about thy Mighty IL !!!

Probably less to do with you whining about not being able to beat a plane, and more to do with you insulting the players that fly them.  It takes no class to get a strike.

Texthor #266 Posted 12 April 2017 - 04:06 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 28760 battles

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 12 April 2017 - 09:28 AM, said:

Probably less to do with you whining about not being able to beat a plane, and more to do with you insulting the players that fly them.  It takes no class to get a strike.

Au contraire ye with little knowledge...... World of Flying Tanks detest the most famous phrase ever uttered in the Tankdom

MARS_REVENANT #267 Posted 12 April 2017 - 04:26 PM

Major

• 34275 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostTexthor, on 12 April 2017 - 11:06 AM, said:

Au contraire ye with little knowledge...... World of Flying Tanks detest the most famous phrase ever uttered in the Tankdom

No it detests players insulting other players... Learn to understand.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #268 Posted 13 April 2017 - 05:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 20760 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostTexthor, on 12 April 2017 - 11:06 AM, said:

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

MARS_REVENANT #269 Posted 13 April 2017 - 06:11 PM

Major

• 34275 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

Now that the game is down... we can have the draw.... right???

Hello Pilots!

Wargaming is pleased to announce an update to our Rules and Violations policy. We’ve heard your requests for more transparency regarding how violations are handled and we want to provide this to you.

We are committed to providing everyone with a positive gaming experience, and a key part of that is how we handle our rules and what happens when they are violated. Our goal with this update is to reward players who contribute positively to our games, and to make sure there are policies in place to help keep our games as safe as possible for everyone.

The most important part of our new policy is the addition of rewards! Players who step up to the challenge and consistently exhibit good behavior will be rewarded every three months.

• Will receive a token of appreciation from Wargaming - these could be things like Premium consumables or other in-game items.
  • Will be entered into a drawing for ninety (90) days of Premium time. Fifty (50) random players will be selected to receive this Premium time!

All players that have no game, chat, or forum violations for an entire year will be entered into a drawing for a selection of in-game items worth $250. One (1) player will be selected to receive this package of items that would include things like Premium Time, rare vehicles, and Gold.

Start Date

Our new policy will go into effect on August 8, 2016 . We are providing it here today so that everyone can be aware of these changes in advance. 

As we are rolling out the updates to our policy, we will be wiping the slate clean for every Wargaming customer with an active account.* Any previous in-game sanctions, chat violations, or forum warnings will no longer count against you. (Players who are already permanently banned are NOT eligible to be unbanned and receive a clean slate).

How Strikes Work

Previously, violations would “roll off” and no longer count against you after a certain period of time. This left open the possibility for people to “game the system” by improving behavior only long enough to let their violation roll off.

Under the new policy:

• Players will receive one warning, and each offense afterwards will then count as a “strike” against the account.
  • Each strike received will come will a restriction. Restrictions increase with each strike.
  •  Once you have reached 5 strikes, your account is eligible to be permanently restricted.
  • If you believe a strike was placed on your account incorrectly, submit a Penalty Appeal as a Support ticket and we will thoroughly review the issue.

Please note! For extremely severe violations, an account can be restricted with less than the above number of strikes, at the sole discretion of Wargaming employees. Wargaming reserves the right to review each situation and take the best action based on the individual details of the particular issue.

We have provided a detailed explanation of exactly what this means for in-game behavior, chat behavior, and forum behavior.

We believe these new policies will help improve everyone’s overall experience, keep the games you love as friendly as possible. Our desire is not to punish people – we want to have a clear policy in place  and then hold players accountable for their behavior in order to ensure we do everything we can to provide you with the best possible gaming experience! At the same time, we want to reward those who step up to meet these expectations consistently.

*Please note – accounts that were banned under the previous system will remain banned. Existing banned accounts are not eligible for a clean slate.

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 13 April 2017 - 06:11 PM.

Zapperguy #270 Posted 13 April 2017 - 06:16 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 34316 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

Sorry, game is working again, no time.

'Customize Your Carousel' thread - LINK

Custom skins for I-16(L), LBSh, & IL-20 - LINK

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #271 Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 20760 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 13 April 2017 - 01:29 PM, said:

Now that the game is up... we can have the draw.... right???

did we have the draw??? was it one of those "must be present to win" ones??? let me know what's going on here so I can make the proper plans... this weekend would be GREAT!... I'm much pretty open Saturday after 2pm eastern...

thanks

ABC

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #272 Posted 22 April 2017 - 07:16 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 20760 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 21 April 2017 - 12:31 PM, said:

Still no word from GP... the list of names must have been longer than I thought.

I know... like super long! ya, I know it lowers the odds of me winning but It's all the excitement and the fever pitch we have been driven to by this drawing... I've got goosebumps

... this is going to such a boost to the WoWP community...

thank you (in advance) War Gaming for the way you care for your members... :honoring:

MARS_REVENANT #273 Posted 24 April 2017 - 03:50 PM

Major

• 34275 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

Start of a neew week... I have a good feeling that the draw is complete and GP is just about to post the results...

Hello Pilots!

Start Date

How Strikes Work

Under the new policy:

GhostPrime #274 Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:24 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 1654 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B
This was given out with the original payouts for the first three months if we revisit this I will make an announcement, 

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

MARS_REVENANT #275 Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:36 PM

Major

• 34275 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostGhostPrime, on 24 April 2017 - 04:24 PM, said:

This was given out with the original payouts for the first three months if we revisit this I will make an announcement, 

It was? Who were the 50 winners? To my knowledge there have not been any notifications on the forum, nor has anyone come forward stating they won the draw.

Bubba_Zanetti #276 Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 29232 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 24 April 2017 - 04:36 PM, said:

nor has anyone come forward stating they won the draw.

They all left/don't play wowp anymore.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #277 Posted 25 April 2017 - 04:29 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 20760 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostBubba_Zanetti, on 24 April 2017 - 04:41 PM, said:

They all left/don't play wowp anymore.

View PostGhostPrime, on 24 April 2017 - 04:24 PM, said:

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 24 April 2017 - 04:36 PM, said:

It was? Who were the 50 winners? To my knowledge there have not been any notifications on the forum, nor has anyone come forward stating they won the draw.

50... sounds about right, I'll buy that... maybe it was on the RU server... ya... 50, sure, that sounds right...:sceptic:

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #278 Posted 25 April 2017 - 04:34 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 20760 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 24 April 2017 - 11:29 PM, said:

50... sounds about right, I'll buy that... maybe it was on the RU server... ya... 50, sure, that sounds right...:sceptic:

had a lazy uncle (fake uncle, no blood relation)  that would get the kids to rake out his gardens telling them he'd pay them each a dollar... never saw the dollar and claimed the hotdog, chips and kool aid was payment... what a welsher

Chuck_norris10 #279 Posted 25 April 2017 - 11:34 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 22631 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 24 April 2017 - 02:36 PM, said:

I got mine.

You have been notified.

Edited by Chuck_norris10, 25 April 2017 - 11:34 PM.

MARS_REVENANT #280 Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:36 AM

Major

• 34275 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostChuck_norris10, on 25 April 2017 - 06:34 PM, said:

I got mine.

You have been notified.

Yeah I got mine too, I was just trolling.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users