Jump to content


New Wargaming Rules violation Policy


  • Please log in to reply
280 replies to this topic

CHiPS1951 #21 Posted 01 August 2016 - 09:08 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 23 battles
  • 96
  • [GW__S] GW__S
  • Member since:
    12-28-2014
I hope this does not get abused.  I know from personal experience that when some players get beat in game they accuse you of having cheat mods and report you for doing nothing more than outfighting them.  I hope that WG takes this into account and gives anyone reported a change to defend themselves before punishing.  Every violation deserves a human review and proof like a copy of the chat or replay of the game.

"You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think!"

CHiPs1951

 


GeorgePatton #22 Posted 01 August 2016 - 09:35 PM

    газета

  • -Community Ace-
  • 14 battles
  • 5,099
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

I like the idea of rewarding people for good behavior - it's a (cheesy) way of promoting positive growth in the community and quite frankly we can use that. I do think that with this new system we could see some potential issues with the way 'strikes' are handed out. I know I've been given 'warning points' for using the masterful art of trolling in a way that was obviously trolling but broke absolutely no forum rules (trolled a recruitment thread asking some really dumb questions to push somebody's buttons...) and I felt that was extremely unfair... If you don't break a rule, you shouldn't get a mark. Now with the possibility of 5 marks over a period X, where X < or = Infinity and no 'drop-off' for these strikes, this could really be an issue. 

 

How do we know that these strikes are going to be fairly applied? I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels they've been given an unfair warning point in the past (I was told that I didn't technically break rules so they were giving me a point instead of an R/O, but IMO it's the same thing...). Will we see detailed explanations for the strikes? A public 'Hall of Shame' explaining each ruling? Will we have a chance to contest these points? 

 

Why won't we see a point (or more) removed for good behavior that for the goody-goodies results in a chance at a prize? Give the mean people a chance - remove a strike for every period that somebody with a clean record gets a prize.

 

 

Cheers!
Glenn


                                                                                                                                 Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.


pyantoryng #23 Posted 01 August 2016 - 09:43 PM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles
  • 6,904
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Permanent strikes is a ticking time bomb in my view. One has the looming permaban over their head if they manage to slip up at some point.

 

Although, with less than 1000 active population, I'm not sure if it will matter much here in Planes...Tanks and Ships has a lot more to discuss...and a lot more people to use and abuse the system.

 

...and once the strictness level goes up, it tend to stay there and only go in one direction - further up, I fear that it will be that way.

 



WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

GhostPrime #24 Posted 01 August 2016 - 10:01 PM

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 19 battles
  • 2,176
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B
  • Member since:
    04-22-2013

View PostGeorgePatton, on 01 August 2016 - 01:35 PM, said:

How do we know that these strikes are going to be fairly applied? I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels they've been given an unfair warning point in the past (I was told that I didn't technically break rules so they were giving me a point instead of an R/O, but IMO it's the same thing...). Will we see detailed explanations for the strikes? A public 'Hall of Shame' explaining each ruling? Will we have a chance to contest these points? 

 

Cheers!
Glenn

 

Yes , you are free to appeal the point/RO through a support ticket. A point comes with an RO. I understand some apprehension can be caused with these rule changes due to the inconsistent moderation in the past. 

We have taken steps to fix this before launching this new policy. We have brought moderation back in house. Any Overturned sanctions will be discussed with the moderator, so the decision making process can be improved. 

 

 



Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!


Texthor #25 Posted 01 August 2016 - 10:08 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 7 battles
  • 855
  • Member since:
    12-27-2013

View PostGeorgePatton, on 01 August 2016 - 03:35 PM, said:

I like the idea of rewarding people for good behavior - it's a (cheesy) way of promoting positive growth in the community and quite frankly we can use that. I do think that with this new system we could see some potential issues with the way 'strikes' are handed out. I know I've been given 'warning points' for using the masterful art of trolling in a way that was obviously trolling but broke absolutely no forum rules (trolled a recruitment thread asking some really dumb questions to push somebody's buttons...) and I felt that was extremely unfair... If you don't break a rule, you shouldn't get a mark. Now with the possibility of 5 marks over a period X, where X < or = Infinity and no 'drop-off' for these strikes, this could really be an issue. 

 

How do we know that these strikes are going to be fairly applied? I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels they've been given an unfair warning point in the past (I was told that I didn't technically break rules so they were giving me a point instead of an R/O, but IMO it's the same thing...). Will we see detailed explanations for the strikes? A public 'Hall of Shame' explaining each ruling? Will we have a chance to contest these points? 

 

Why won't we see a point (or more) removed for good behavior that for the goody-goodies results in a chance at a prize? Give the mean people a chance - remove a strike for every period that somebody with a clean record gets a prize.

 

 

Cheers!
Glenn

 

Yep, all 33 of mine were unfair as well !!!!

J311yfish #26 Posted 01 August 2016 - 10:15 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 135 battles
  • 1,045
  • [343] 343
  • Member since:
    12-13-2013
Neat idea!

Tech tree projects:  JAPAN  /  United Kingdom  /  Sweden  /  Finland (skins/  Italy  /  France  /  Poland  /  China  /  Brazil  /  United States  //  Roadmap

Map proposals:  Panama Canal  /  Great Wall of China  /  Cliffs of Dover  //  Clan:  343 Kokutai  //  Tutorial How to ignore forum posts and signatures


mnbv_fockewulfe #27 Posted 01 August 2016 - 10:35 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 52 battles
  • 1,685
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    12-06-2013

Watch the forum turn into this place. :trollface:


Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

 

mnbv_fockewulfe.png


 


Zapperguy #28 Posted 01 August 2016 - 11:14 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • -Community Ace-
  • 23 battles
  • 2,682
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN
  • Member since:
    04-04-2012
I find it amusing that people are referring to this as rewarding "good" behavior. It is rewarding basic civility in a public forum. Incivility will now have a consequence. Amazing that such a remedial social concept will significantly effect how some here will be able to interact with other members of society. If this is what it takes to clean out under the bridges, then it's pretty sad. But, I'm glad they're doing it.

 

 

Founder of the original CLOWN clan. Haven't lost a single member in over 3 years of existence.


clodhoppr #29 Posted 01 August 2016 - 11:34 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 223 battles
  • 365
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-
  • Member since:
    02-13-2013

Can we still use bad words with ** placed in strategic places??

Please..?



ArrowZ_ #30 Posted 02 August 2016 - 01:14 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Open Beta Tester
  • 10 battles
  • 2,524
  • Member since:
    08-04-2013

So... basically if we kiss-[edited]WG for the next 12 months we get rewarded. And those who express their honest opinion towards this MMO company & this failure of a game you call "World of Warplanes" is going to get consecutive strikes that will eventually lead to a perma ban?

 

U srs bruh?

 

View PostGhostPrime, on 02 August 2016 - 03:44 AM, said:

 We’ve heard your requests for more transparency regarding how violations are handled and we want to provide this to you.

...Why is WGNA spending more time & effort improving the forums when they could spend that same amount of time & effort into WOWP?

 


Edited by ArrowZ_, 02 August 2016 - 01:19 AM.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

 


Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #31 Posted 02 August 2016 - 01:41 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 116 battles
  • 2,163
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

View PostArrowZ_, on 01 August 2016 - 08:14 PM, said:

So... basically if we kiss-[edited]WG for the next 12 months we get rewarded. And those who express their honest opinion towards this MMO company & this failure of a game you call "World of Warplanes" is going to get consecutive strikes that will eventually lead to a perma ban?

 

U srs bruh?

 

...Why is WGNA spending more time & effort improving the forums when they could spend that same amount of time & effort into WOWP?

 

so if someone's feelings are hurt because they are ugly, we punish the mirror...  god save us from ourselves


Edited by Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo, 02 August 2016 - 01:43 AM.

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


Porkins_Jr #32 Posted 02 August 2016 - 03:16 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 5,280
  • [BAGG] BAGG
  • Member since:
    12-10-2013
Let's not just give strikes for trolling, however. Give strikes for those ninnies who contribute nothing but negativity.

Bear_82 #33 Posted 02 August 2016 - 04:52 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 28 battles
  • 691
  • [GWG] GWG
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostArrowZ_, on 01 August 2016 - 06:14 PM, said:

. . . And those who express their honest opinion towards this MMO company & this failure of a game you call "World of Warplanes" is going to get consecutive strikes that will eventually lead to a perma ban?

 

. . .

 

Not at all. Anyone can express their honest opinion, and give feedback, even negative feedback, without using language that violates the TOS. Simply make the mature choice to use appropriate language.



GeorgePatton #34 Posted 02 August 2016 - 06:14 AM

    газета

  • -Community Ace-
  • 14 battles
  • 5,099
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

View PostGhostPrime, on 01 August 2016 - 05:01 PM, said:

 

Yes , you are free to appeal the point/RO through a support ticket. A point comes with an RO. I understand some apprehension can be caused with these rule changes due to the inconsistent moderation in the past. 

We have taken steps to fix this before launching this new policy. We have brought moderation back in house. Any Overturned sanctions will be discussed with the moderator, so the decision making process can be improved. 

 

 

 

Very good! Thanks, GP! Also nice to hear that moderation is back in-house!

 

 

Cheers!
Glenn


                                                                                                                                 Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.


losttwo #35 Posted 02 August 2016 - 07:59 AM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • 12,612
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

View PostArrowZ_, on 01 August 2016 - 08:14 PM, said:

So... basically if we kiss-[edited]WG for the next 12 months we get rewarded. And those who express their honest opinion towards this MMO company & this failure of a game you call "World of Warplanes" is going to get consecutive strikes that will eventually lead to a perma ban?

 

U srs bruh?

 

...Why is WGNA spending more time & effort improving the forums when they could spend that same amount of time & effort into WOWP?

 

 

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 01 August 2016 - 08:41 PM, said:

so if someone's feelings are hurt because they are ugly, we punish the mirror...  god save us from ourselves

 

View PostPorkins_Jr, on 01 August 2016 - 10:16 PM, said:

Let's not just give strikes for trolling, however. Give strikes for those ninnies who contribute nothing but negativity.

 

View PostBear_82, on 01 August 2016 - 11:52 PM, said:

 

Not at all. Anyone can express their honest opinion, and give feedback, even negative feedback, without using language that violates the TOS. Simply make the mature choice to use appropriate language.

 

Not at all WG has decided to put a stop to the 10th grade level postings and prefer people to post as if they are working

on a Doctoral Thesis.

Which stops me from using words like IQ, Intelligence and the way I use them.

But who cares I am an artist and will find more creative ways to post condescending responses.

Good news is that perhaps A-D will be perma banned SOON.



cqiyuan #36 Posted 02 August 2016 - 10:54 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 17 battles
  • 1,039
  • [X3M] X3M
  • Member since:
    05-22-2014
Wow. Just Wow. :trollface: 


Porkins_Jr #37 Posted 02 August 2016 - 11:08 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 5,280
  • [BAGG] BAGG
  • Member since:
    12-10-2013

I'm sure many of the people who contribute to the forums by posting humor, even sarcastic humor will be able to adapt their techniques so as not to get strikes but keep the hilarity coming. The fun and comraderie must continue and should continue.

 

I'm sure those who bring up legitimate complaints and questions will still be able to do so. This also needs to be done to poke and prod WG into (maybe) taking action on problems.

 

But those who have no purpose on these forums but to poison the environment, who don't contribute humor just vitriol, and those whose presence here is totally useless except as an irritant and a constant trolling presence will soon find themselves moving on to greener pastures...hopefully.


Edited by Porkins_Jr, 02 August 2016 - 11:09 AM.


RedSpartacus #38 Posted 02 August 2016 - 11:23 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 1,521
  • [GW__S] GW__S
  • Member since:
    02-02-2014

"If you believe a strike was placed on your account incorrectly, submit a Penalty Appeal as a Support ticket and we will thoroughly review the issue."

Does this mean you get automated strikes ?


  RUN WITH THE PACK

losttwo #39 Posted 02 August 2016 - 12:11 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • 12,612
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012
and this will solve the gold spammer problem how ?

GhostPrime #40 Posted 02 August 2016 - 03:17 PM

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 19 battles
  • 2,176
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B
  • Member since:
    04-22-2013

View Postlosttwo, on 01 August 2016 - 11:59 PM, said:

 

Good news is that perhaps A-D will be perma banned SOON.

 

All the moderation is done in house now. Not by a 3rd party company as in the past. If you do get a point, and would like to appeal, you can file a ticket to support, PM me, or both. 

 

View PostRedSpartacus, on 02 August 2016 - 03:23 AM, said:

"If you believe a strike was placed on your account incorrectly, submit a Penalty Appeal as a Support ticket and we will thoroughly review the issue."

Does this mean you get automated strikes ?

 

No, nothing is automated. All reports are viewed by our moderation team in order to determine if the report warrants a point before a sanction is applied



Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!





2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users