• Please log in to reply
280 replies to this topic

GhostPrime #1 Posted 01 August 2016 - 06:14 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 17 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

Hello Pilots!

Wargaming is pleased to announce an update to our Rules and Violations policy. We’ve heard your requests for more transparency regarding how violations are handled and we want to provide this to you.

We are committed to providing everyone with a positive gaming experience, and a key part of that is how we handle our rules and what happens when they are violated. Our goal with this update is to reward players who contribute positively to our games, and to make sure there are policies in place to help keep our games as safe as possible for everyone.

Earn Rewards for Good Behavior

The most important part of our new policy is the addition of rewards! Players who step up to the challenge and consistently exhibit good behavior will be rewarded every three months.

Everyone who has no game, chat, or forum violations during the 3 month period:

• Will receive a token of appreciation from Wargaming - these could be things like Premium consumables or other in-game items.
  • Will be entered into a drawing for ninety (90) days of Premium time. Fifty (50) random players will be selected to receive this Premium time!

All players that have no game, chat, or forum violations for an entire year will be entered into a drawing for a selection of in-game items worth $250. One (1) player will be selected to receive this package of items that would include things like Premium Time, rare vehicles, and Gold.

Start Date

Our new policy will go into effect on August 8, 2016 . We are providing it here today so that everyone can be aware of these changes in advance. 

As we are rolling out the updates to our policy, we will be wiping the slate clean for every Wargaming customer with an active account.* Any previous in-game sanctions, chat violations, or forum warnings will no longer count against you. (Players who are already permanently banned are NOT eligible to be unbanned and receive a clean slate).

How Strikes Work

Previously, violations would “roll off” and no longer count against you after a certain period of time. This left open the possibility for people to “game the system” by improving behavior only long enough to let their violation roll off.

Under the new policy:

• Players will receive one warning, and each offense afterwards will then count as a “strike” against the account.
  • Each strike received will come will a restriction. Restrictions increase with each strike.
  • Important: Strikes do not roll off!
  •  Once you have reached 5 strikes, your account is eligible to be permanently restricted.
    • 5 strikes in chat violations can result in a permanent chat ban.
    • 5 strikes in game violations can result in a permanent game ban.
    • 5 strikes in the forums can result in a permanent forum ban.
  • If you believe a strike was placed on your account incorrectly, submit a Penalty Appeal as a Support ticket and we will thoroughly review the issue.

Please note! For extremely severe violations, an account can be restricted with less than the above number of strikes, at the sole discretion of Wargaming employees. Wargaming reserves the right to review each situation and take the best action based on the individual details of the particular issue.

We have provided a detailed explanation of exactly what this means for in-game behavior, chat behavior, and forum behavior.

https://na.wargaming.net/support/kb/articles/680

We believe these new policies will help improve everyone’s overall experience, keep the games you love as friendly as possible. Our desire is not to punish people – we want to have a clear policy in place  and then hold players accountable for their behavior in order to ensure we do everything we can to provide you with the best possible gaming experience! At the same time, we want to reward those who step up to meet these expectations consistently.

*Please note – accounts that were banned under the previous system will remain banned. Existing banned accounts are not eligible for a clean slate.

If you have any questions, please place them in the comments below.

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

GhostPrime #2 Posted 01 August 2016 - 06:14 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 17 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

F.A.Q. will be continuously updated as more questions come in.

I don't want to lose my account because players gang up and report me. Will this happen?

No one will be banned based on reports only. Reports must be verified on our end with chat logs, replays, screenshots, or game logs in order to result in a strike. If you aren't getting banned currently, and are doing nothing wrong, then you won't be banned in the new system if you continue to do nothing wrong.

How do you handle players who report someone for a post that they just don't like?

We do a full investigation into the reports, spamming the report system is also against the rules. No one will be banned strictly based on reports. Reports must be verified on our end with chat logs, replays, screenshots, or game logs in order to result in a strike.

If I get a point and I do not agree with the reason, how to I file an appeal?

If you feel you have been sanctioned unfairly, you may appeal via a ticket to support, and they will perform an investigation into the matter.

Are players notified of their warnings?

Yes, you will receive a notification of your strikes via email for in-game or forum message for forums. This will include the reason you got your strike.

If I'm in game and say something for the sake of blowing off steam, will I get a strike?

If you are given a warning for this, it means it was reported and determined to break our in game rules. These rules have not changed.

When this program gets rolled out, myself and with the help of Nyx will be looking at the reports and strikes to see if anything is unfair, or heavy handed. If we find any that are we will look into reversing the strike. If anyone gets a strike they feel is unfair, please let me know and we will look into it. Not all strikes will get reversed, but this announcement is to inform everyone of what we are doing to make sure that the moderation is consistent and fair.

Edited by GhostPrime, 02 August 2016 - 11:51 PM.

Find us on Facebook!

BuffaloTime #3 Posted 01 August 2016 - 06:39 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 196 battles
  • [3MNKY] 3MNKY
Good.  Carrot and stick. +1

The_World_Needs_A_Hero #4 Posted 01 August 2016 - 06:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 84 battles
ok, good. I have a week to get all my bad behavior out of my system. :-)

dityboycom #5 Posted 01 August 2016 - 07:00 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG
So If we violate the rules 5 times over a 4 year time frame we will be permanently banned?

GhostPrime #6 Posted 01 August 2016 - 07:04 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 17 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View Postdityboycom, on 01 August 2016 - 11:00 AM, said:

So If we violate the rules 5 times over a 4 year time frame we will be permanently banned?

Once you hit 5 in that category, you will be banned from that category. 

Find us on Facebook!

dityboycom #7 Posted 01 August 2016 - 07:06 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostGhostPrime, on 01 August 2016 - 03:04 PM, said:

Once you hit 5 in that category, you will be banned from that category. 

No cool down seems excessive; but, it is what it is. Probably a god send seeing the direction things are going in anyway. I'll have to find somewhere else to spend my days.

If they look for feedback, 5 strikes regardless of time in between is excessive, this is not real life, or the government. It is, your company though! Do as you please, there is a whole thread about this in the tanks forum, that the feedback probably applies too.

The_World_Needs_A_Hero #8 Posted 01 August 2016 - 07:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 84 battles

View Postdityboycom, on 01 August 2016 - 07:06 PM, said:

No cool down seems excessive; but, it is what it is. Probably a god send seeing the direction things are going in anyway. I'll have to find somewhere else to spend my days.

If they look for feedback, 5 strikes regardless of time in between is excessive, this is not real life, or the government. It is, your company though! Do as you please, there is a whole thread about this in the tanks forum, that the feedback probably applies too.

Are you saying you can't be nice? 

Zapperguy #9 Posted 01 August 2016 - 07:25 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 23 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

Interesting move. Nice rewards for not being a troll.

:great:

dityboycom #10 Posted 01 August 2016 - 07:33 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostDrewthesteelman, on 01 August 2016 - 03:21 PM, said:

Are you saying you can't be nice? 

I'm saying the only use for these forums is trolling, there is very little new useful information, and even less new content on a daily basis. We went the entire weekend with 1 new thread, and without the likes of you and other easy targets, the forum would be dead in its entirety. So yeah, I can't be nice because there is no reason to be nice.

This is going to be real interesting for tanks because someone brought up a great point.

View PostArtyPromotesDynamicGame, on Aug 01 2016 - 14:27, said:

But basically WG is going to award bots. Because they are inactive on forum (so they cannot get banned from it); inactive in in-game chat, so they cannot either and reporting bots trough in-game system does nothing. Otherwise we wouldn't have 20k+  games bot accounts. In fact, it is more profitable to keep bots in game because they are likely to have prem time bought and/or used invite code for e.g. JG88. 

Also...

WG, how did you manage T22 rigging? Oh right, and now you want to talk about rules....

Realistically if you want actual feed back head over to the tanks version of this thread to read what users think about this. This is the kind of move a company makes when they're looking to close up shop soon. You cannot merely eliminate your player base and expect them to keep giving you money. You can however try to use an iron fist and make people be good because you own the property they're utilizing, other games have tried this in the past; but, the ones with forums that have such in depth use like Wargaming titles, they have all failed.

dityboycom #11 Posted 01 August 2016 - 07:42 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

Could you clarify the contradicting statements below?

View PostGhostPrime, on 01 August 2016 - 02:14 PM, said:

...Start Date

Our new policy will go into effect on August 8, 2016 . We are providing it here today so that everyone can be aware of these changes in advance. 

As we are rolling out the updates to our policy, we will be wiping the slate clean for every Wargaming customer with an active account.* Any previous in-game sanctions, chat violations, or forum warnings will no longer count against you. (Players who are already permanently banned are NOT eligible to be unbanned and receive a clean slate).....

View PostGhostPrime, on 01 August 2016 - 02:14 PM, said:

...*Please note – accounts that were banned under the previous system will remain banned. Existing banned accounts are not eligible for a clean slate....

Edited by dityboycom, 01 August 2016 - 07:43 PM.

Caecias #12 Posted 01 August 2016 - 07:44 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 117 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostZapperguy, on 01 August 2016 - 02:25 PM, said:

Interesting move. Nice rewards for not being a troll.

:great:

Could not agree more.

GhostPrime #13 Posted 01 August 2016 - 07:44 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 17 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B
If you are on a Perm RO, that will stay, otherwise the points will be wiped clean, and everyone gets to start over. 

Find us on Facebook!

EspressoForHammy #14 Posted 01 August 2016 - 07:45 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Well. I see I'm losing at least 6 warning points then. I fought the man, and the man kicked me right in the dinner bell and then gave me a martini. Now I have no idea what to do.

View Postdityboycom, on 01 August 2016 - 02:42 PM, said:

Could you clarify the contradicting statements below?

There are no contradicting statements.

View PostGhostPrime, on 01 August 2016 - 02:44 PM, said:

If you are on a Perm RO, that will stay, otherwise the points will be wiped clean, and everyone gets to start over. 

What about people on a non-perm RO?

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

dityboycom #15 Posted 01 August 2016 - 07:51 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostGhostPrime, on 01 August 2016 - 03:44 PM, said:

Thank you, wasn't expecting an answer on these forums, sorry for the redundant post.

losttwo #16 Posted 01 August 2016 - 08:19 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
As of this day forward I am retiring from Forum Trolling...Please do not change my label to Community Troll.:izmena:

losttwo #17 Posted 01 August 2016 - 08:20 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

and yeah I think it is a good move to add a reward system.

dityboycom #18 Posted 01 August 2016 - 08:23 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View Postlosttwo, on 01 August 2016 - 04:19 PM, said:

As of this day forward I am retiring from Forum Trolling...Please do not change my label to Community Troll.:izmena:

You got until the 8th bro, get it out while you can. I'll be adding this forum to the blocked proxy list, so I can't even trick myself.

Texthor #19 Posted 01 August 2016 - 08:23 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 7 battles
In other words: we forbade thy speaketh with fiery tongue about thy Mighty IL !!!

dityboycom #20 Posted 01 August 2016 - 08:27 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostTexthor, on 01 August 2016 - 04:23 PM, said:

In other words: we forbade thy speaketh with fiery tongue about thy Mighty IL !!!

IT TAKES NO SKILL!

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users