Wargaming is pleased to announce an update to our Rules and Violations policy. We’ve heard your requests for more transparency regarding how violations are handled and we want to provide this to you.
We are committed to providing everyone with a positive gaming experience, and a key part of that is how we handle our rules and what happens when they are violated. Our goal with this update is to reward players who contribute positively to our games, and to make sure there are policies in place to help keep our games as safe as possible for everyone.
Earn Rewards for Good Behavior
The most important part of our new policy is the addition of rewards! Players who step up to the challenge and consistently exhibit good behavior will be rewarded every three months.
Everyone who has no game, chat, or forum violations during the 3 month period:
- Will receive a token of appreciation from Wargaming - these could be things like Premium consumables or other in-game items.
- Will be entered into a drawing for ninety (90) days of Premium time. Fifty (50) random players will be selected to receive this Premium time!
All players that have no game, chat, or forum violations for an entire year will be entered into a drawing for a selection of in-game items worth $250. One (1) player will be selected to receive this package of items that would include things like Premium Time, rare vehicles, and Gold.
Our new policy will go into effect on August 8, 2016 . We are providing it here today so that everyone can be aware of these changes in advance.
As we are rolling out the updates to our policy, we will be wiping the slate clean for every Wargaming customer with an active account.* Any previous in-game sanctions, chat violations, or forum warnings will no longer count against you. (Players who are already permanently banned are NOT eligible to be unbanned and receive a clean slate).
How Strikes Work
Previously, violations would “roll off” and no longer count against you after a certain period of time. This left open the possibility for people to “game the system” by improving behavior only long enough to let their violation roll off.
Under the new policy:
- Players will receive one warning, and each offense afterwards will then count as a “strike” against the account.
- Each strike received will come will a restriction. Restrictions increase with each strike.
- Important: Strikes do not roll off!
Once you have reached 5 strikes, your account is eligible to be permanently restricted.
- 5 strikes in chat violations can result in a permanent chat ban.
- 5 strikes in game violations can result in a permanent game ban.
- 5 strikes in the forums can result in a permanent forum ban.
- If you believe a strike was placed on your account incorrectly, submit a Penalty Appeal as a Support ticket and we will thoroughly review the issue.
We have provided a detailed explanation of exactly what this means for in-game behavior, chat behavior, and forum behavior.
We believe these new policies will help improve everyone’s overall experience, keep the games you love as friendly as possible. Our desire is not to punish people – we want to have a clear policy in place and then hold players accountable for their behavior in order to ensure we do everything we can to provide you with the best possible gaming experience! At the same time, we want to reward those who step up to meet these expectations consistently.
*Please note – accounts that were banned under the previous system will remain banned. Existing banned accounts are not eligible for a clean slate.
If you have any questions, please place them in the comments below.