Jump to content


Ground Attack Game

Lets all fly them

  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

K_Otic1 #1 Posted 01 August 2016 - 06:18 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5 battles
  • 272
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014

So the growing trend of todays game is frustrating to no end.  Your team decimates the other team but you end up losing the game .  Why is this you ask?  Well the enemy team has 2 flighted ground attacks

and they have killed your bot GA's and then have disappeared back into their aa.  You may be far ahead on the clock but bots must go attack the live planes because that is their programming.  You follow the bots in

but they quickly die between aa and the ga's  shooting them the clock quickly changes and you have to get out of dodge or you die also.  So these stat hounds win because they hide yes it is so exciting and glorious

hail to the hidden.   What do we do to stop this?  Do we ask wargaming to ease up on the aa to make it easier to kill them?  Difficult to do because most of the time since they are in GA's they overtier you so they will have tier 8 aa to your tier 7 plane.  My suggestion is why don't we all alert each other and provide a tier and we all team up and play the GA game against them.  Isn't it the old adage "if you can't beat them join them?

Yes it is boring to no end but when their win rate goes down they will have to find another way to fly.  Yes they may go the double heavy route but the bots will be strong against them due to their high rating.

I'm not saying not ever to do it but not every single game every day yawn.  We have to stop this together it drives new players away and all of us get frustrated we all talk and can correct this lets do it.



pyantoryng #2 Posted 01 August 2016 - 07:05 AM

    Colonel

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2174 battles
  • 8,444
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

....and I thought flight was nerfed. This warrants the ultimate nerf for flights...:hiding:



WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

TeamTerrible #3 Posted 01 August 2016 - 07:27 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 230 battles
  • 2,137
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    12-29-2012

I bet those Ga dudes were ticked they had such useless bots in the sky


 

 

         


losttwo #4 Posted 01 August 2016 - 07:28 AM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • 13,986
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

You could always try a different tactic than the one you are using.

You could attack them first or not fly into AA.

It is not about controlling what others do but changing what you do to make them angry.

By your post it looks like they are in control.

Try watching this video and computit will confirm form when we flighted I would do this a lot.

I am not the guy that chases into AA.

Not saying it works 100% but enough to make a difference.

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/45826-baiting-humans/page__fromsearch__1



General_Lee_Miserable #5 Posted 01 August 2016 - 12:42 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 320 battles
  • 1,622
  • Member since:
    07-27-2013

you just need to fight fire with fire sometimes. 

 

Faced these dudes 3 straight times. Got wiped out the first time and lost the battle. Got one and lost the battle the 2nd time. Finally got both the 3rd battle. Before that, they got the best of me in dual il-10s many a time. Great pilots these 2 are and they work really well together. But, the double attack flight can be beat.  I'll also add that both of these guys are great sports and displayed class after this battle. 

 

 

 

 

 


Edited by Drewthesteelman, 01 August 2016 - 12:43 PM.


dityboycom #6 Posted 01 August 2016 - 01:03 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 1 battle
  • 9,287
  • [BAGG] BAGG
  • Member since:
    08-23-2014

Uh the answer is pretty simple, if you're not the flag bearer for your bots go kill the flight. If it's a 1v2 game, get your bots engaged, dive out of the fray kill the flight.  Worse case scenario, your bots lose, the gaa are dead yours are alive and you can stretch the remaining bots out the rest of the game. 

 

Or what I do, I kill all the bots, if the gaa are hiding and mine are dead, I return to hangar, because I couldn't care less about gaa flights, or wins. I'll get more experience from leaving now and getting in another game than I will wasting 5 or 10 minutes chasing gaa around the map. 



dityboycom #7 Posted 01 August 2016 - 01:05 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 1 battle
  • 9,287
  • [BAGG] BAGG
  • Member since:
    08-23-2014
The best part about what I do? The flight won't be in the next game! They're too busy stretching out their 1000 xp boring [edited]supremacy win over the next ten minutes so they can brag about bot stats. 

Porkins_Jr #8 Posted 01 August 2016 - 06:53 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 5,280
  • [BAGG] BAGG
  • Member since:
    12-10-2013

View PostDrewthesteelman, on 01 August 2016 - 08:42 AM, said:

you just need to fight fire with fire sometimes. 

 

Faced these dudes 3 straight times. Got wiped out the first time and lost the battle. Got one and lost the battle the 2nd time. Finally got both the 3rd battle. Before that, they got the best of me in dual il-10s many a time. Great pilots these 2 are and they work really well together. But, the double attack flight can be beat.  I'll also add that both of these guys are great sports and displayed class after this battle. 

 

 

 

 

Just LOL. :D



Agnotology #9 Posted 01 August 2016 - 07:26 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 627 battles
  • 392
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    12-23-2011

I fly heavies to counter GA flights. I will also wipe out an AA gun or two after each pass on a GA to help my bots not die like the bots they are.  When I get my GA doubles done, as soon as I see a human GA on the other team, I will either kill them or sneak to their main AA battery and wipe all the guns quickly and snag as many points as possible... then prepare for the inevitable GA dogfight

 

The IL-10M is a nasty plane to have to fight over their own AA. Two of them is atrocious. 

 

View PostCdn_Avro, on 01 August 2016 - 01:18 AM, said:

Yes they may go the double heavy route but the bots will be strong against them due to their high rating.

 

This game reminds me of WoT's stat-influnced "random" RNG. Nothing like being punished because people need a handicap.

 

That being said, I know why they are doing it. GA is the only plane bots will ignore the "coordinated attack" command with until they are the only planes left. But you will see one of those GA climb up on alt high enough to select a human player and get the bots to gang bang them. 

 

I smile when that happens, because it's affirmation to me : they know they couldn't do it themselves. and I'm a crappy pilot.


Edited by Agnotology, 01 August 2016 - 07:46 PM.


Pogo68 #10 Posted 03 August 2016 - 12:08 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1649 battles
  • 1,377
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-
  • Member since:
    11-06-2012

View PostCdn_Avro, on 31 July 2016 - 10:18 PM, said:

So the growing trend of todays game is frustrating to no end.  Your team decimates the other team but you end up losing the game .  Why is this you ask?  Well the enemy team has 2 flighted ground attacks

and they have killed your bot GA's and then have disappeared back into their aa.  You may be far ahead on the clock but bots must go attack the live planes because that is their programming.  You follow the bots in

but they quickly die between aa and the ga's  shooting them the clock quickly changes and you have to get out of dodge or you die also.  So these stat hounds win because they hide yes it is so exciting and glorious

hail to the hidden.   What do we do to stop this?

 

Try doing something that military pilots have been doing for the past one hundred and one years.

Give your attack planes fighter cover.


DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

Porkins_Jr #11 Posted 03 August 2016 - 12:15 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 5,280
  • [BAGG] BAGG
  • Member since:
    12-10-2013

View PostPogo68, on 02 August 2016 - 08:08 PM, said:

 

Try doing something that military pilots have been doing for the past one hundred and one years.

Give your attack planes fighter cover.

 

That went out with 1.4 I think. Nobody - and I mean NOBODY  covers GA anymore.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users