Veteran Bots equality tactics

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

Rosebud #81 Posted 07 August 2016 - 05:56 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 15 battles

MMO; Massively Multiplayer Online game.

My question is this...If there were no flights, would WoWP still be an MMO? I know the answer, I just want to see you guys dance around it.

Blaaarggh #82 Posted 07 August 2016 - 10:27 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 15 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

All of the problems that this game has can be traced back to the refusal of Persha/WG to create competitive content for this game.  Of course no-one likes losing continuously, but Persha/WG, in their shortsightedness and stubbornness, has screwed up every mechanic in the game to make losing less often, softer, and more pleasant for most players, when all they really needed to do was give the better and more competitive players somewhere to go besides pub-matches.  Ninety percent of the steep learning curve this game has is because all the players that enjoy the competitive aspect have nowhere to go but tromp on players that are trying to learn.  Powerful 3-man flights are included in this, as those players would be taking those abilities to pub matches far less often if they had anywhere else to go.  All of the things that people regularly complain about would not be as much of an issue if the sharks had a tank of their own, rather than having to play in the kiddie pool.

Edited by _BotPrime_, 07 August 2016 - 10:29 AM.

Please apply dirt, rocks and trees to your aircraft sparingly.

I have this theory that loudly ticking clocks can be wound with massive blunt objects.  By striking the clock with great force the energy would transfer into the gears, not unlike winding it.   I plan on testing this someday.

Steel_bomber_ #83 Posted 07 August 2016 - 10:33 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
+2 for you "Bot"
THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

Zapperguy #84 Posted 07 August 2016 - 10:53 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View Post_BotPrime_, on 07 August 2016 - 05:27 AM, said:

All of the problems that this game has can be traced back to the refusal of Persha/WG to create competitive content for this game.  Of course no-one likes losing continuously, but Persha/WG, in their shortsightedness and stubbornness, has screwed up every mechanic in the game to make losing less often, softer, and more pleasant for most players, when all they really needed to do was give the better and more competitive players somewhere to go besides pub-matches.  Ninety percent of the steep learning curve this game has is because all the players that enjoy the competitive aspect have nowhere to go but tromp on players that are trying to learn.  Powerful 3-man flights are included in this, as those players would be taking those abilities to pub matches far less often if they had anywhere else to go.  All of the things that people regularly complain about would not be as much of an issue if the sharks had a tank of their own, rather than having to play in the kiddie pool.

I agree with all you said here. The concern is that many of the skilled pilots who want 3 man flights back, are fine with adding them back despite no clan wars or other game modes to occupy the flights. That is just people saying, "I know we stomp pubbies with 2 man flights, but if we add a third, we can stomp harder." 

You may recognize the impact that a 3man flight has on the outcome of public battles, but not everyone will even acknowledge that a significant advantage is gained by simply being in a flight. To add back 3 man flights with no plan for end game content would be detrimental to the community as a whole, while the pubbie stompers are padding stats. 

I'm fine with adding back 3 man flights with legitimate game changes (diff game modes or clan wars) and a significant population increase. Until then, I think 2 man flights are what is best for our meager community. 

Hope to see you in the skies!

Steel_bomber_ #85 Posted 07 August 2016 - 11:56 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostZapperguy, on 07 August 2016 - 11:53 AM, said:

I agree with all you said here. The concern is that many of the skilled pilots who want 3 man flights back, are fine with adding them back despite no clan wars or other game modes to occupy the flights. That is just people saying, "I know we stomp pubbies with 2 man flights, but if we add a third, we can stomp harder." 

You may recognize the impact that a 3man flight has on the outcome of public battles, but not everyone will even acknowledge that a significant advantage is gained by simply being in a flight. To add back 3 man flights with no plan for end game content would be detrimental to the community as a whole, while the pubbie stompers are padding stats. 

I'm fine with adding back 3 man flights with legitimate game changes (diff game modes or clan wars) and a significant population increase. Until then, I think 2 man flights are what is best for our meager community. 

Hope to see you in the skies!

If they limit 2 man flights up to tier 5 there is no problem. From 6-8 there could be 3 plane flights, and above maybe even more.

I really do not see a problem in that.

THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

losttwo #86 Posted 07 August 2016 - 12:19 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 8722 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Post_BotPrime_, on 07 August 2016 - 05:27 AM, said:

:great: +1 with very valid points.

Zapperguy #87 Posted 07 August 2016 - 01:56 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostSteel_bomber_, on 07 August 2016 - 06:56 AM, said:

If they limit 2 man flights up to tier 5 there is no problem. From 6-8 there could be 3 plane flights, and above maybe even more.

I really do not see a problem in that.

I am currently grinding 13 tier 9 planes. As a solo pilot, I am frequently the only human on my side facing a flight of tier 10 HFs. I would have a problem if they left the current MM and just added 3 man flights. I really don't need to face 3 flighted tier 10 HFs while grinding tier 9 fighters alone. Maybe you're good enough to face this challenge, but I'm not, and you shouldn't be required to beat a higher tier flight by yourself, just to grind your planes. 

losttwo #88 Posted 07 August 2016 - 02:09 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 8722 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostZapperguy, on 07 August 2016 - 08:56 AM, said:

I am currently grinding 13 tier 9 planes. As a solo pilot, I am frequently the only human on my side facing a flight of tier 10 HFs. I would have a problem if they left the current MM and just added 3 man flights. I really don't need to face 3 flighted tier 10 HFs while grinding tier 9 fighters alone. Maybe you're good enough to face this challenge, but I'm not, and you shouldn't be required to beat a higher tier flight by yourself, just to grind your planes. 

Here again is another valid point for a +1

The current MM is not set to match what people are flying but for a standard match format.

If you notice in each match there are equal number of F-HF-MR-GA.

3 man flights would in essence unbalance the matches.

You could potentially enter a match in a fighter and having 2 HF on your team while facing 3 Heavy fighters.

If WG set a standard of equal flights on each side again the match could be so out of balance as to have

3 GA going against 3 fighters. I really think the 3 GA would win against the 3 fighters.

Edited by losttwo, 07 August 2016 - 02:10 PM.

TeamTerrible #89 Posted 07 August 2016 - 05:35 PM

First Lieutenant

• 234 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

I find this so hard to believe there is an argument over it other than somebody refusing to accept the challenge of facing a 3 man flight by themselves

You either up your game and face them or go find another tier for your lazy behind

Personally I looked forward to the challenge, I may be called crazy but I will never accept being called a coward 

Sure i've thrown my plane right into the dirt more than once yet sadly what convinced me was the fact my team was terrible and i was ticked off I got fools on my side

I like flying solo, no problems with it until WG MM hands me a stack of buffalo chips for team mates and that's when I start feeling a surge rolling down my left arm

Go figure they removed 3 man flights and somebody decided to change their name in honor of the ramrods he was forced to play with

GeorgePatton #90 Posted 07 August 2016 - 06:01 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 1685 battles
  • [SCHLD] SCHLD

I think an easy solution to most people's biggest concern (3 heavy fighter flights) would be to say no more than 2 of a single class. This would allow a flight of 2 HF + 1 Light, 2 HF + 1 MR, 2 HF + 1 GA, etc.

As far as the reasoning behind why people want to fly nothing but heavies... It's actually got a good base in reality. Altitude + Speed + Firepower = Victory. That's what has driven combat aviation for almost a century. Get higher, get faster, and hit harder than your opponent. People like to act like air combat has been about these fancy 'dogfights' when in reality that was a relatively rare thing. The basic idea is to hit an unsuspecting opponent and disable them in a single pass. Most of Erich Hartmann's kills never even knew they were going to get hit. All of this 'Turn and Burn' stuff really comes from the Pacific Theater where the F4F and Zeroes would use the turn-fighting tactics until Jimmy Thach invented the weave, and then when the Lightning and Corsairs came on the scene it went to BnZ over there too.

If Wargaming wants to make anything other than heavies/REALLY fast lights viable in this game, they need to add cloud formations that people can legitimately hide in while a BnZ plane makes a pass. I've been saying this since closed alpha. That was pretty much the one thing that could save somebody that got caught with less speed and altitude - dive in a cloud so the attacker can't see you then put the throttle to the firewall and head for home. Of course, in WoWP there's no 'home' and since it is a game you'd stick around in the cloud, wait for him to make another dive or whatever and pop out and take some shots, then go back in the cloud, rinse and repeat.

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

Zapperguy #91 Posted 08 August 2016 - 05:08 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostTeamTerrible, on 07 August 2016 - 12:35 PM, said:

I find this so hard to believe there is an argument over it other than somebody refusing to accept the challenge of facing a 3 man flight by themselves

You either up your game and face them or go find another tier for your lazy behind

Personally I looked forward to the challenge, I may be called crazy but I will never accept being called a coward 

Sure i've thrown my plane right into the dirt more than once yet sadly what convinced me was the fact my team was terrible and i was ticked off I got fools on my side

I like flying solo, no problems with it until WG MM hands me a stack of buffalo chips for team mates and that's when I start feeling a surge rolling down my left arm

Go figure they removed 3 man flights and somebody decided to change their name in honor of the ramrods he was forced to play with

I've been playing this game since 2012 - my game is as "upped" as I can get it. Kudos to you for being an elite pilot, but I got stomped plenty by 3 man uber-flights in past iterations of this game and I don't want to deal with that again. I've paid my dues to those same flights, that gamed the MM to not just to ensure they had the only 3 man flight, but to all but guarantee they were top tier every battle as well.

While you claim to look forward to such a "challenge", I see your % of battles in a flight is 45 - not the stats of a dedicated solo pilot. It would appear that if they brought back 3 man flights, you'd be doing the stomping at least 45% of the time. That sure does soften the blow of some solo losses, don't you think?

:sceptic:

TeamTerrible #92 Posted 08 August 2016 - 05:36 AM

First Lieutenant

• 234 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostZapperguy, on 08 August 2016 - 12:08 AM, said:

I've been playing this game since 2012 - my game is as "upped" as I can get it. Kudos to you for being an elite pilot, but I got stomped plenty by 3 man uber-flights in past iterations of this game and I don't want to deal with that again. I've paid my dues to those same flights, that gamed the MM to not just to ensure they had the only 3 man flight, but to all but guarantee they were top tier every battle as well.

While you claim to look forward to such a "challenge", I see your % of battles in a flight is 45 - not the stats of a dedicated solo pilot. It would appear that if they brought back 3 man flights, you'd be doing the stomping at least 45% of the time. That sure does soften the blow of some solo losses, don't you think?

I took my share and received more desire from it, see me crying about it??

I want them back cause i have unfinished business with a particular set of 3 so i'm looking forward to this possible change

You should too, it builds character

Steel_bomber_ #93 Posted 08 August 2016 - 07:31 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostZapperguy, on 08 August 2016 - 06:08 AM, said:

You can not get stomped by 3 man flights if they would limit 3 man flights from tier 6 and above (So from tier 1-5 just 2 man flights).

Also the MM could be changed, like for every 3 man flight a human on the enemy team gets 2 veteran bots (I think they already do that).

For me it would be a bigger challenge to have a more difficult enemy team, it is what it is with bots.

Besides, aren't there any other CLOWNS you can flight up with ?

THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

Porkins_Jr #94 Posted 08 August 2016 - 10:33 AM

Major

• 0 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostGeorgePatton, on 07 August 2016 - 02:01 PM, said:

I think an easy solution to most people's biggest concern (3 heavy fighter flights) would be to say no more than 2 of a single class. This would allow a flight of 2 HF + 1 Light, 2 HF + 1 MR, 2 HF + 1 GA, etc.

Glenn

I have suggested something along those lines before as well. It's a good idea IMO.

Zapperguy #95 Posted 08 August 2016 - 02:47 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

TeamTerrible said:

I want them back cause i have unfinished business with a particular set of 3 so i'm looking forward to this possible change

You should too, it builds character

So challenge them in a training room. Do we need a detrimental change to the game because you have a grudge to settle? I think not.

I'll put my "character" up against yours any time you like & we can see who wins that battle.  I've never even had a warning point on here. You ever been banned? Rule following or not is a sign of character. Just sayin'

View PostSteel_bomber_, on 08 August 2016 - 02:31 AM, said:

You can not get stomped by 3 man flights if they would limit 3 man flights from tier 6 and above (So from tier 1-5 just 2 man flights).

Also the MM could be changed, like for every 3 man flight a human on the enemy team gets 2 veteran bots (I think they already do that).

For me it would be a bigger challenge to have a more difficult enemy team, it is what it is with bots.

Besides, aren't there any other CLOWNS you can flight up with ?

You claim I can't get stomped by 3 man flights if they're limited to t6 & above. As I said before, I'm grinding 13 tier 9 planes. How is limiting 3 man flights to the tier I need to grind keeping me from getting stomped?

It would be a greater challenge for you to face a more difficult enemy team, because you are flighted 62% of the time.  Try flying a tier 9 fighter solo (as the only human on your team) vs. a flight of vets in tier 10 HFs. Do it over and over to simulate grinding that plane, then get back to me with how non-challenging the game is right now.

CLOWN = CLanOfWoN (one) - just me. When all the CLOWNs are assembled, it's a flight of one. Never had a clan jumper, any internal conflict, or had to answer for what some other CLOWN said. Best clan set up ever!

:honoring:

dityboycom #96 Posted 08 August 2016 - 02:52 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

I like to play MMO's alone too.

:amazed:

Zapperguy #97 Posted 08 August 2016 - 03:00 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View Postdityboycom, on 08 August 2016 - 09:52 AM, said:

I like to play MMO's alone too.

:amazed:

The majority of WoWP players fly solo. This game is anything but massive, is barely multiplayer, but is indeed online.

dityboycom #98 Posted 08 August 2016 - 03:02 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostZapperguy, on 08 August 2016 - 11:00 AM, said:

The majority of WoWP players fly solo. This game is anything but massive, is barely multiplayer, but is indeed online.

Yeah, the community supporting flying solo with such enthusiasm is a direct fuel to many of our problems to date.

Noreaga #99 Posted 08 August 2016 - 03:04 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

I like being a loner too, but i also like hanging out. Since we went down to 2 men flights, my WR has actually gone up. It is not about doing better it is really about 3 being a crowd, there is not enough here to keep a solo player for very long, 3 men flights at least kept the semi social ones around. 

do i think we should bring them back? I'd rather a team game mode over 3 man flights.

Nimis obnoxii curare

dityboycom #100 Posted 08 August 2016 - 03:06 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostNoreaga, on 08 August 2016 - 11:04 AM, said:

I like being a loner too, but i also like hanging out. Since we went down to 2 men flights, my WR has actually gone up. It is not about doing better it is really about 3 being a crowd, there is not enough here to keep a solo player for very long, 3 men flights at least kept the semi social ones around. 

do i think we should bring them back? I'd rather a team game mode over 3 man flights.

lesbihonest we'd all rather something over "Battle."

Also tagged with Veteran Bots, equality, tactics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users