Veteran Bots equality tactics

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

Rosebud #41 Posted 03 August 2016 - 07:38 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12 battles

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 02 August 2016 - 07:57 PM, said:

Anyone can win 100% of the time if they make absolutely no errors.  The refutation element in your argument is weak.

Ah...no, you can still lose and you have lost track of the argument continue reading below.

View Postlosttwo, on 02 August 2016 - 08:23 PM, said:

I have beat several 3 man flights before and after this video while flying solo.

The reason I made this into a video was because I flew with each of these gentleman and they taught me how to fly.

They are all 3 GREAT pilots. Far better than I will ever be.

So yeah I had to brag about that match.

I also never said anything about beating 3 man flights 100% of the time.

Just like you can not win 100% of the time flying in NON-flight matches.

Then why post it at all? If its to bolster your argument that taking down flights is easy, its a bit disingenuous. If I posted one video of myself losing, does that mean flight are beaten 50% of the time? The contention that beating flights is easy is egotistic nonsense. No...they are not easy to beat. Beating a single unflighted pilot isn't easy. Beating two is twice as hard. Beating three was even harder.

Psicko23 #42 Posted 03 August 2016 - 09:01 AM

First Lieutenant

• 24 battles

View PostRosebud, on 02 August 2016 - 03:28 PM, said:

OMG...I had no idea that solo's could win 100% of the time against three man flights. But there you are, rock solid proof that three man flights are beaten every time by solo players. Well I guess cherry-picked examples culled from a massive achieve of failed attempts don't lie. Touché' sir, touché'

no one wins 100% of the time. Even in 3 man flights no one had a 100% win rate. Some were close.

Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Chokai #43 Posted 03 August 2016 - 09:57 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 45 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostRosebud, on 03 August 2016 - 07:38 AM, said:

Ah...no, you can still lose and you have lost track of the argument continue reading below.

Then why post it at all? If its to bolster your argument that taking down flights is easy, its a bit disingenuous. If I posted one video of myself losing, does that mean flight are beaten 50% of the time? The contention that beating flights is easy is egotistic nonsense. No...they are not easy to beat. Beating a single unflighted pilot isn't easy. Beating two is twice as hard. Beating three was even harder.

I would argue beating two is more than twice as hard, simply because they can cover each other's tails. Lord knows I respect all the clans in this game, but running into some GWG and DRAC flights time after time got old fast in my T8. What was worse was the one time I was on their side... I dced and got my x5 to equal 2k in the J7W1. Sucked.

I DO see a need for 3 man flights howeve, of some sort. 3 man platoons are vital for training fresh recruits in WoWS- to the point that 2 experienced one noob allows good teaching, one experienced 2 noobs means rapid training. It's good for clans, it's good for everyone- except saps like me who are unflighted.

the question is does the need FOR it outweigh the need AGAINST it.

The (not so) amazing Chokai is back! And he's hit all his personal goals sans one! Seriously though, nice to be back, looks like he game is improving. I continue to try to recruit new people.

Rosebud #44 Posted 03 August 2016 - 09:57 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12 battles

View PostPsicko23, on 03 August 2016 - 04:01 AM, said:

no one wins 100% of the time. Even in 3 man flights no one had a 100% win rate. Some were close.

WHAT!!! Really? OMG...I had no idea...thanks for clearing that up for me. My god, I must be thick as a brick.

losttwo #45 Posted 03 August 2016 - 02:42 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostRosebud, on 03 August 2016 - 04:57 AM, said:

WHAT!!! Really? OMG...I had no idea...thanks for clearing that up for me. My god, I must be thick as a brick.

YES

Rosebud #46 Posted 03 August 2016 - 09:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12 battles

View Postlosttwo, on 03 August 2016 - 09:42 AM, said:

YES

That's a golden oldie, do you keep all of your battle videos? I guess the real question is why?

Oh, oh, oh...do you have the one from where I cleared your tail twice in one battle?

losttwo #47 Posted 03 August 2016 - 10:29 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostRosebud, on 03 August 2016 - 04:19 PM, said:

do you keep all of your battle videos? I guess the real question is why?

I review every battle I fought and learn from my mistakes.

I never blame a loss on anything but me. Dead men don't win battles.

MagusGerhardt #48 Posted 03 August 2016 - 10:44 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 841 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostRosebud, on 03 August 2016 - 12:38 AM, said:

No, I haven't.  It's not hard to keep track when parties against it keep saying the same thing over and over again.  As for what I said, it was intentionally tongue in cheek because I can't take arguments against flights seriously anymore.  We've been on two man only for quite some time and it's done wonders for the game's population, hasn't it?  Just imagine the heights our population could soar to if everyone was forced to fly alone in what claims to be an MMO.  :P

View PostRosebud, on 03 August 2016 - 12:38 AM, said:

Beating a flight is easy if any of the following apply.

A.  You know your plane better than they do.

B.  You know their plane better than they do.

C.  You're a better pilot than both of them.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

Psicko23 #49 Posted 04 August 2016 - 08:43 AM

First Lieutenant

• 24 battles

View PostRosebud, on 03 August 2016 - 01:57 AM, said:

why yes, you are. 

Rosebud #50 Posted 05 August 2016 - 03:15 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12 battles

No one is fooled. Self imposed ignorance aside, three man flights were, are and will remain unfair to the vast majority of players. You may defend your position that they are a reasonable addition by sighting their training ability or their social inclusion value, but you can still train someone without assistance, you can still play with only one friend. You may say that they are easy to defeat, but in truth we all know they are not. You may forward the belief that they are widely excepted, but the majority of players do not flight up.

You may hide behind the belief that you don't care about stats, but this is a stats game. You may pretend that since bots arrived you don't look at stats anymore, but you do. You may delude yourself into believing flights don't matter to those stats, but you know that's not true. Why should the vast majority of players sacrifice the pleasure of feeling achievement because the minority doesn't have the talent to rise above mediocrity without help?

Some players are very good at this game. They would be at the top of the charts without assistance. They would dominate without wing men. They are just good pilots. However there is a huge proportion of well stat'ed players who would be average at best without flights. It's my guess that it is those players that want flights retained and expanded. Well boo-hoo, you're just going to have to struggle on with only one other player watching your back. One other player tilting the field in your favor. You may have to play against your friends instead of ganging up with them. OMG you may have to challenge your abilities instead of mitigating the odds to conceal them.

If and when this game commands the population that necessitates 15 vs 15 humans again, then I'm all for three man flights. When the board isn't tilted toward the few and the majority stand a fighting chance, than bring em back. As it stands now, three man flights are grossly unfair to the community as a whole.

TeamTerrible #51 Posted 05 August 2016 - 06:48 AM

First Lieutenant

• 230 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Rosey, have you happened to notice a few things such as......

- a decrease in the talent pool

- that super long list of people on your thank you list...what was that like 5 people??

- lack of communication in game has increased

- how to lose 10 battles in a row

Game needs something..... the idea of it being a team based game is slowly spinning down the drain

Besides....don't you wanna take out a 3 man flight all by yourself???

losttwo #52 Posted 05 August 2016 - 08:26 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostRosebud, on 04 August 2016 - 10:15 PM, said:

No one is fooled. Self imposed ignorance aside, three man flights were, are and will remain unfair to the vast majority of players. You may defend your position that they are a reasonable addition by sighting their training ability or their social inclusion value, but you can still train someone without assistance, you can still play with only one friend. You may say that they are easy to defeat, but in truth we all know they are not. You may forward the belief that they are widely excepted, but the majority of players do not flight up.

WG gathered evidence to show that 3 man flights were very effective and had a higher win rate than 2 man flights or even solo pilots.

What do you expect from a team oriented game that is social by nature. That is what MMO's are all about.

While the majority may not flight up that is their loss. Even I enjoy my solo time. Sometimes i just can not be bothered with other people.

You may hide behind the belief that you don't care about stats, but this is a stats game. You may pretend that since bots arrived you don't look at stats anymore, but you do. You may delude yourself into believing flights don't matter to those stats, but you know that's not true. Why should the vast majority of players sacrifice the pleasure of feeling achievement because the minority doesn't have the talent to rise above mediocrity without help?

I do not hide behind the " I don't care about stats " never have never will. I am concerned about how I am doing versus myself and improving in planes I am bad at while increasing my survival rating.

Although I am not a " stat hound " if I were I would only fly the most advantageous planes and flight up more often than not.

Some players are very good at this game. They would be at the top of the charts without assistance. They would dominate without wing men. They are just good pilots. However there is a huge proportion of well stat'ed players who would be average at best without flights. It's my guess that it is those players that want flights retained and expanded. Well boo-hoo, you're just going to have to struggle on with only one other player watching your back. One other player tilting the field in your favor. You may have to play against your friends instead of ganging up with them. OMG you may have to challenge your abilities instead of mitigating the odds to conceal them.

So who cares if some players are not as good playing solo as they are flighted. If it takes people flighting up in a SOCIAL  designed MMO so be it. The more people the more population.

Who cares how they get their stats, it is what keeps them involved in the game. The problem in the world today is that more people are concerned about what and how others do things rather than

improving oneself to rise above others. Far to many people buy into the " I don't want to be a sell out " idealism and be better than others.

If and when this game commands the population that necessitates 15 vs 15 humans again, then I'm all for three man flights. When the board isn't tilted toward the few and the majority stand a fighting chance, than bring em back. As it stands now, three man flights are grossly unfair to the community as a whole.

With the inclusion of bots it would be easy to adjust the parameters of the matches to return to 15 vs 15 matches with the balancing of flights on each side.

Even if a it is 3 humans with only a flight of 2 versus a flight of 3. The match would be a fair balance of FUN.

If the SOLO human had enough intelligence to work with the 2 man flight.

Prior to 1.5 you would see flights on each side of the match. RARELY would you see a match that was 15 Solo versus 12 solo+3 man flight.

dityboycom #53 Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:40 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View Postdityboycom, on 02 August 2016 - 08:32 AM, said:

FLITE VIDEOS!? I'm in !

I'm gonna quote this as no one seems to have addressed how OP the flight was in this game.

Bandet #54 Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:47 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostPsicko23, on 03 August 2016 - 03:01 AM, said:

Someone needs to introduce him to the 110C flight.

Edited by Bandet, 05 August 2016 - 01:47 PM.

To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.

Bandet #55 Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:51 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostFog_Heavy_Cruiser_Chokai, on 03 August 2016 - 03:57 AM, said:

I DO see a need for 3 man flights howeve, of some sort. 3 man platoons are vital for training fresh recruits in WoWS- to the point that 2 experienced one noob allows good teaching, one experienced 2 noobs means rapid training. It's good for clans, it's good for everyone- except saps like me who are unflighted.

I agree with this.

Me and crayola would sometimes take a random drac into our current 2 person flight to make it a 3 person if no one else was on. Never really expected much from them, but its better to have a third on voice than a random guy.

You can bet with 2 man flights that would never happen. Everyone would only fly with their BFF and no one else. 

To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.

Steel_bomber_ #56 Posted 05 August 2016 - 02:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostBandet, on 05 August 2016 - 02:51 PM, said:

You can bet with 2 man flights that would never happen. Everyone would only fly with their BFF and no one else. 

False !

I will fly with anybody in my clan the moment I log in.

I always ask who needs a flightmember, then someone reacts or not. If nobody wants to flight up, I leave the game.

I will not fly solo against bots, too boring if you ask me.

THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

dityboycom #57 Posted 05 August 2016 - 03:03 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG
I actually enjoy flying solo against bots more so than in a flight, because that's how the game is intended to be played these days, by yourself in a non social atmosphere with no online interaction except between you and the server. I find when I have a flight might, they expect me to actually try to win, and cover them, which I can attest I have no interest in doing.

Steel_bomber_ #58 Posted 05 August 2016 - 03:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postdityboycom, on 05 August 2016 - 04:03 PM, said:

I actually enjoy flying solo against bots more so than in a flight, because that's how the game is intended to be played these days, by yourself in a non social atmosphere with no online interaction except between you and the server. I find when I have a flight might, they expect me to actually try to win, and cover them, which I can attest I have no interest in doing.

lol
THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

Psicko23 #59 Posted 05 August 2016 - 06:37 PM

First Lieutenant

• 24 battles

View PostBandet, on 05 August 2016 - 05:47 AM, said:

Someone needs to introduce him to the 110C flight.

no one on the server has a 100% win rate. Sure a 3 man flight of Dracs won x amount of battles in a row, but doubt that they have a 100% win rate in the 110-c. Did they win x amount of battles in a row then just stop flighting up in 110c's? Sure I could look it up, but I'm not that interested. 

Edited by Psicko23, 05 August 2016 - 06:38 PM.

Bubba_Zanetti #60 Posted 05 August 2016 - 06:50 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4725 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostPsicko23, on 05 August 2016 - 01:37 PM, said:

no one on the server has a 100% win rate. Sure a 3 man flight of Dracs won x amount of battles in a row, but doubt that they have a 100% win rate in the 110-c. Did they win x amount of battles in a row then just stop flighting up in 110c's? Sure I could look it up, but I'm not that interested. 

Crayola:

Phrap:

Fastattack:

“The sad truth is that the one thing around here is that we can always rely on is broken promises”& WarMagic the Scattering- Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo █ If a company can't handle the truth based on pixelated facts then they shouldn't be in this industry to begin with. Or stop overreaching at areas where they obviously lack the resources to make a sucess (WOWP)” - ArrowZ_  As it is, this “upgrade” is totally misdirected and completely ignores all player feedback over the past few years.  How this studio continues on with the parent company is a total mystery to me.” - Bobby_Tables  The only thing that will fix this game is for the developers to right click and hit send to trash. - xPALEHORSEx  They've been around a good while and seen a lot of flak so they surely must know what they're doing by now. - Catch21  All wargaming has done in all their games across the board have been stupid and greedy ideas. They are failing as a company so hard. - Veraxu  Maybe Persha should avoid patches with the number 5 in them... - mnbv-fockewulfe  You put the bombsite behind a lock until you get specialist for your bombers? That's just stupid. - comtedumas  claiming victory by fixing your own problems isn't victory, it's low brow chicanery.- TheMadPizzler  Flying games generally don't have broad appeal, and this one has issues and the company tends to pour gasoline those issues, not fix them - _Laserguided_   “I go to RU and (rhymes with git) all over dumb Slavs to express my rage.” - Rando CA  If you want to sell someone a car, you let them take it for a test drive, you don't run them over with it. - Blast_Radius1  My quote + Your signature + Please = Thank You- Prenzlau  Feelings aren't stats, now shut up and go eat tide pods” - Noreaga  “The player online count was removed October 2017 and we don't have plans to return this number to be displayed. That is the decision of the developers team.”- blindfold  After a While it Becomes Tiresome (07.06.15)” - MALICE_AT_BIRTH  “Yes, we can have a place to report all the bugs and then watch as they all get ignored for 6 months” - Gang_Starr █ SonicPariah and blindfold might be listening to us, and sending our ideas along, but Persha sure isn't getting the message.” - CorvusCorvax  They just go on inventing new not-asked-for stuff before fixing what people clearly don't like ...”- GonerNL █ There is a difference between arcade and this roll your face on the keyboard simulator” - Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Chokai  “The real question of the day: Is there room for one more quote in Bubba‘s signature? I certainly hope so.”- MelBrooks  They had to make some space for your signature” - Marsco  “It's the game.  And your signature is long enough to choke a horse. I thought mine was too large.”- SkyWolf_WM

Also tagged with Veteran Bots, equality, tactics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users