Plz Bring Back Three Man Teams

Veteran Bots equality tactics

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

Marraskuu #21 Posted 30 July 2016 - 07:36 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 11872 battles

View Postlosttwo, on 30 July 2016 - 06:44 AM, said:

And then we would have a forum flooded with whine threads about how OP 3 man flights are.

Then I could go back to doing more " learn to fly " troll threads.

So yeah I agree bring back 3 man flights.

psychology of trolling

I think 3 man flights benefits skilled clan members because they have a better player base to form those flights. Newer players and scrubs like me would suffer. It might be wise to think about the other side of the coin. 

Han shot first.

spanks2 #22 Posted 30 July 2016 - 08:03 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1084 battles

I think they should eliminate tiers II, III, IV, V, VI, VII,VIII, IX and X.

That way we would ALL fly the same tier (I) and no one would be upset.

We could ALL have 3 person teams and ALL be super-duper happy!!

I would be ECSTATIC if they brought back 3- person tier

But, that would cater to the clan ilk and we cannot have that!!:angry:

mnbv_fockewulfe #23 Posted 30 July 2016 - 11:15 PM

Captain

• 615 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

I should probably flight more often.:B

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

losttwo #24 Posted 31 July 2016 - 10:02 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostBuffaloTime, on 30 July 2016 - 02:36 PM, said:

psychology of trolling

I think 3 man flights benefits skilled clan members because they have a better player base to form those flights. Newer players and scrubs like me would suffer. It might be wise to think about the other side of the coin. 

I am from the other side of the coin and still fly mostly SOLO.

The idea is to get people to flight up more.

I seriously believe that 3 man flights would improve population due to the nature of people preferring team play with others.

I never had a problem with 3 man flights when I played SOLO.

In a 3 man flight a team of 2 good players can add a 3rd not so good pilot and give him encouragement to improve.

ACE's, Dracs, and a couple other clans were good for this. They would often times bring in a lesser pilot and help them.

Steel_bomber_ #25 Posted 01 August 2016 - 08:41 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostRosebud, on 01 August 2016 - 03:44 AM, said:

Oh absolutely bring them back...how else are no talent hacks supposed to raise their stats above mediocre? What fun is playing unless you can completely dominate game after game? It's just wrong that players with female genitalia don't have someone to hold their hand during the rough and tumble of a video game. If you need a three man flight to compete against bots than start sewing the lace back on your panties...you bunch of ...

This game is about having fun, with 3 people on communications this game is way more fun (like it is intended?).

Do you think all planes in WW2 were not communicating with each other.

It would (or should) only encourage people to flight up , just join a clan and have fun.

I never play this game solo anymore (no fun for me) I only play with communications/teammates. 

If there is nobody from my clan on (almost never happens), I just log off again, no problem for me.

This game is about having fun for me, not stats.

THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

Rosebud #26 Posted 01 August 2016 - 04:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12 battles

View PostSteel_bomber_, on 01 August 2016 - 03:41 AM, said:

This game is about having fun, with 3 people on communications this game is way more fun (like it is intended?).

Do you think all planes in WW2 were not communicating with each other.

It would (or should) only encourage people to flight up , just join a clan and have fun.

I never play this game solo anymore (no fun for me) I only play with communications/teammates.

If there is nobody from my clan on (almost never happens), I just log off again, no problem for me.

This game is about having fun for me, not stats.

You think the game will be more fun...for who? The 10% of players to frightened to face the enemy solo? Play 10 games and add up the flighted players and the solo players. The solo players will outnumber the flighted ones by far...every time...at any time. It is inconceivable to me that players have in the past and still do believe that flighting up is NOT a tremendous advantage...bordering on cheating. That flighting up is NOT done by the vast majority of players. It is delusional to believe that just because a very small percentage of players reading the forums or posting in them, that they represent the majority of people playing...THEY DO NOT.

That you have fun does NOT override the needs of the vast majority to have fun. You do not have the right to stack the odds so firmly in your favor that no else can win. You are NOT the majority, you never were the majority and if you become the majority it will be because you drove the majority out. You are not entitled to walk over wins every third battle. The truth is you are not entitled to the advantages you currently have. You want greater advantages? Then stand on the street corner with your biggest friends and mug cripples as they pass. Because frankly I have zero respect for bullies.

Edited by Rosebud, 01 August 2016 - 04:50 PM.

Jaguardian #27 Posted 01 August 2016 - 05:13 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 1 battle
I am going to go out on a limb and say if they implemented team battles in WoWP, many would agree to get rid of flights all together.  Some may disagree with me, but I would gladly give up flights to have team battles.

dityboycom #28 Posted 01 August 2016 - 05:24 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostBuffaloTime, on 30 July 2016 - 03:36 PM, said:

psychology of trolling

ES flew in 3 man flights, all day every day, and invited all of their members to join their most talented pilots.

The game is online, playing with friends is encouraged and should be done. Some games in World of Tanks are all Platoons, they're great games too. Other games it's some Unicum platoon that decimates, it's the art of playing PVP games online.

Steel_bomber_ #29 Posted 01 August 2016 - 05:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostRosebud, on 01 August 2016 - 05:47 PM, said:

You think the game will be more fun...for who? The 10% of players to frightened to face the enemy solo? Play 10 games and add up the flighted players and the solo players. The solo players will outnumber the flighted ones by far...every time...at any time. It is inconceivable to me that players have in the past and still do believe that flighting up is NOT a tremendous advantage...bordering on cheating. That flighting up is NOT done by the vast majority of players. It is delusional to believe that just because a very small percentage of players reading the forums or posting in them, that they represent the majority of people playing...THEY DO NOT.

That you have fun does NOT override the needs of the vast majority to have fun. You do not have the right to stack the odds so firmly in your favor that no else can win. You are NOT the majority, you never were the majority and if you become the majority it will be because you drove the majority out. You are not entitled to walk over wins every third battle. The truth is you are not entitled to the advantages you currently have. You want greater advantages? Then stand on the street corner with your biggest friends and mug cripples as they pass. Because frankly I have zero respect for bullies.

I truly think you bring things totally out of perspective. 

This game is a tactical game, in a tactical scenario one should communicate together, and not play "solo". In a tactical game it is the intention to win the game, at all cost?

In the beginning of 1.4 there was a communication button so all players of the team could speak to each other, this option has been removed I regret that.

I just think it is more fun to play with teammates on communications, we have a lot of fun, we laugh a lot.

And yes, we also win a lot like it should be if teammates communicate. 

THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

losttwo #30 Posted 01 August 2016 - 06:23 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostRosebud, on 01 August 2016 - 11:47 AM, said:

Let me raise your IQ points a little about this game.

Before 1.5 The matches were balanced to a fight on each side.

It was not until after 1.5 that only solo would be faced against 3 man flights.

Currently you will be faced all solo against 2 man flights because they are easy to beat.

If WG returned 3 man flights they would also return the balance to flights on each side.

Unfortunately you seem to be responding with anger based on fear of the return of 3 man flights.

3 man flights are not going to happen now or in the near future due to population.

Matches have to be at least 15 vs 15 of human population for 3 man flights to work effectively.

Psicko23 #31 Posted 02 August 2016 - 07:43 AM

First Lieutenant

• 24 battles

View PostRosebud, on 01 August 2016 - 08:47 AM, said:

Too funny. It was never the 3 man flights that drove the masses away. I played mostly solo in 1.3 to 1.5(I didn't play much in 1.6 and 1.7). The population was bigger so you didn't always run into the same unicom flight so it wasn't a big deal. Sure, there were flights most games, but it was equal flights on both sides. Even now, most flights aren't too hard to beat. Sure there are those certain flights that I usually lose to, whatever. I still flight less than 30% of my battles. Going against 3 man flights made me want to get better. 

Persha messing things up was the main reason why most people left. If it takes a company months to fix the mm so people don't wait 20 minutes for a 1v1, there is a problem.

Sure there is an advantage when people work together, that is the point of working as a team. I don't trust most people in pub matches to do the right thing. If I have a flight going on, I at least know one other person will do the right thing. 

losttwo #32 Posted 02 August 2016 - 07:51 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
Don't make me post a video of me beating a 3 man flight while flying solo.

Psicko23 #33 Posted 02 August 2016 - 08:17 AM

First Lieutenant

• 24 battles

View Postlosttwo, on 01 August 2016 - 11:51 PM, said:

Don't make me post a video of me beating a 3 man flight while flying solo.

please do. 

losttwo #34 Posted 02 August 2016 - 09:21 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

dityboycom #35 Posted 02 August 2016 - 12:32 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

FLITE VIDEOS!? I'm in !

Bandet #36 Posted 02 August 2016 - 03:57 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostSOJO, on 30 July 2016 - 07:51 AM, said:

Lest we forget why we have two man flights – Crap players cried about OP 3 man Flights -  How three man flights were ruining the game because crappy players couldn’t stand a chance -  If three man flights were to return -  So would the weeping and nashing of teeth from the bad player base .

Actually, only one three man flight was "ruining the game", and that flight no longer plays so go for it.

To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.

EspressoForHammy #37 Posted 02 August 2016 - 04:05 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostBandet, on 02 August 2016 - 10:57 AM, said:

Actually, only one three man flight was "ruining the game", and that flight no longer plays so go for it.

100% true.

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

Rosebud #38 Posted 02 August 2016 - 11:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12 battles

View Postlosttwo, on 02 August 2016 - 04:21 AM, said:

OMG...I had no idea that solo's could win 100% of the time against three man flights. But there you are, rock solid proof that three man flights are beaten every time by solo players. Well I guess cherry-picked examples culled from a massive achieve of failed attempts don't lie. Touché' sir, touché'

MagusGerhardt #39 Posted 03 August 2016 - 12:57 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 841 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostRosebud, on 02 August 2016 - 04:28 PM, said:

OMG...I had no idea that solo's could win 100% of the time against three man flights. But there you are, rock solid proof that three man flights are beaten every time by solo players. Well I guess cherry-picked examples culled from a massive achieve of failed attempts don't lie. Touché' sir, touché'

Anyone can win 100% of the time if they make absolutely no errors.  The refutation element in your argument is weak.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

losttwo #40 Posted 03 August 2016 - 01:23 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostRosebud, on 02 August 2016 - 06:28 PM, said:

I have beat several 3 man flights before and after this video while flying solo.

The reason I made this into a video was because I flew with each of these gentleman and they taught me how to fly.

They are all 3 GREAT pilots. Far better than I will ever be.

So yeah I had to brag about that match.

I also never said anything about beating 3 man flights 100% of the time.

Just like you can not win 100% of the time flying in NON-flight matches.

Edited by losttwo, 03 August 2016 - 01:24 AM.

Also tagged with Veteran Bots, equality, tactics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users