Veteran Bots equality tactics

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

Noreaga #101 Posted 08 August 2016 - 03:08 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
same 400m track for the last 3 years, sometimes you get a new pair of shoes, other times you are running in jello.

Nimis obnoxii curare

TeamTerrible #102 Posted 08 August 2016 - 06:31 PM

First Lieutenant

• 230 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostZapperguy, on 08 August 2016 - 09:47 AM, said:

So challenge them in a training room. Do we need a detrimental change to the game because you have a grudge to settle? I think not.

I'll put my "character" up against yours any time you like & we can see who wins that battle.  I've never even had a warning point on here. You ever been banned? Rule following or not is a sign of character. Just sayin'

You claim I can't get stomped by 3 man flights if they're limited to t6 & above. As I said before, I'm grinding 13 tier 9 planes. How is limiting 3 man flights to the tier I need to grind keeping me from getting stomped?

It would be a greater challenge for you to face a more difficult enemy team, because you are flighted 62% of the time.  Try flying a tier 9 fighter solo (as the only human on your team) vs. a flight of vets in tier 10 HFs. Do it over and over to simulate grinding that plane, then get back to me with how non-challenging the game is right now.

CLOWN = CLanOfWoN (one) - just me. When all the CLOWNs are assembled, it's a flight of one. Never had a clan jumper, any internal conflict, or had to answer for what some other CLOWN said. Best clan set up ever!

:honoring:

My my my aren't you getting personal........

Mincing words by stating I have a grudge too??? far from it as I just want to take down any 3 of one particular clan which i consider a personal goal

Site unrest all you want but they just so happen to be my favorite group next to my own and they know that all too well 

Then you speak of forum reputation??     ok.........well sorry if i don't give respect to those who have disrespected us all.......respect is earned after all

As for you yes you can be a good guy but mention one thing that ruffles your feathers and look what happens !!

It seems like you just want to test our new system with your hot air blower so have fun fella!!!

losttwo #103 Posted 08 August 2016 - 06:56 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Despite the fact so many of you have posted valid points against the return of 3 man flights and

we also know WG will not return them anytime soon.

I am still selfish, self centered and ego centric enough to HOPE WG RETURNS 3 MAN FLIGHTS in the next patch.

But when i am not coming form a place of selfishness I can value your opinions and agree with them.

Rosebud #104 Posted 08 August 2016 - 10:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12 battles

Here's my suggestion on three man flights and how they can be implemented. (I have two)

1) Three and two man flights may participate if the other side has the same number of pilots in flights and they are of the same tier.

2) A separate room is set up in which flights of any size and make up can fight fights of any make up. You may also play in this room solo if you wanted.

The first one is fair to solo and flighted players. The second would answer the question as to their effect on the population. It may even become more popular than the regular room. (I personally doubt it, but I've been wrong before)

losttwo #105 Posted 08 August 2016 - 10:58 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostRosebud, on 08 August 2016 - 05:53 PM, said:

Here's my suggestion on three man flights and how they can be implemented. (I have two)

1) Three and two man flights may participate if the other side has the same number of pilots in flights and they are of the same tier.

2) A separate room is set up in which flights of any size and make up can fight fights of any make up. You may also play in this room solo if you wanted.

The first one is fair to solo and flighted players. The second would answer the question as to their effect on the population. It may even become more popular than the regular room. (I personally doubt it, but I've been wrong before)

From the very first sighting of WG threat to drop bots into standard battle I was suggesting a 3 battle mode system.

Mode 1: All human

Mode 2: mix like we have now

Mode 3: Bots ( like it was before)

Now we can add another one

Mode 4: Flights

GeorgePatton #106 Posted 08 August 2016 - 11:02 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 1608 battles
  • [SCHLD] SCHLD

View Postlosttwo, on 08 August 2016 - 05:58 PM, said:

From the very first sighting of WG threat to drop bots into standard battle I was suggesting a 3 battle mode system.

How about 'team battles' like they have in Tanks? I'd like that more than a 'flights' mode. Of course, the teams would have to have a system like flights where you could have between 1 and 5 players in each 'element' or whatever they want to call it so they can work together better. (The ability to see that yellow arrow pointing to a flightmate is invaluable!)

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

Rosebud #107 Posted 08 August 2016 - 11:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12 battles

View PostTeamTerrible, on 07 August 2016 - 12:35 PM, said:

I find this so hard to believe there is an argument over it other than somebody refusing to accept the challenge of facing a 3 man flight by themselves

You either up your game and face them or go find another tier for your lazy behind

Personally I looked forward to the challenge, I may be called crazy but I will never accept being called a coward

Sure i've thrown my plane right into the dirt more than once yet sadly what convinced me was the fact my team was terrible and i was ticked off I got fools on my side

I like flying solo, no problems with it until WG MM hands me a stack of buffalo chips for team mates and that's when I start feeling a surge rolling down my left arm

Go figure they removed 3 man flights and somebody decided to change their name in honor of the ramrods he was forced to play with

This is one of my favorites "projection," second only to the "false equivalency" of dredging up one winning video to prove solo's beat flights all the time. The writer asks why a solo guy isn't up to the challenge of facing flights, but never questions the competitive sprit of the flight. I like many have looked across the map and thought, "Oh geez, another flight, ok suck it up and come up with a plan to take these guys out." I doubt if the flighted team is thinking "Oh no, a solo player, we had better be on our game in this one."

I also have to question someone who says their up for the challenge, but in the very next sentence admits to ditching their plane. Strange that he's up to the challenge, but quits because the MM keeps putting buffalo chips on his side...like that doesn't happen to every other player all the time. Do me a favor Team-Terrible don't even think about questioning anyone else's competitive spirit until you have a solid handle of yours.

Edited by Rosebud, 08 August 2016 - 11:12 PM.

Rosebud #108 Posted 08 August 2016 - 11:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12 battles

View Postlosttwo, on 08 August 2016 - 05:58 PM, said:

That works for me...I just want a fair playing field for all players at all levels.

Zapperguy #109 Posted 08 August 2016 - 11:53 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostRosebud, on 08 August 2016 - 06:12 PM, said:

This is one of my favorites "projection," second only to the "false equivalency" of dredging up one winning video to prove solo's beat flights all the time. The writer asks why a solo guy isn't up to the challenge of facing flights, but never questions the competitive sprit of the flight. I like many have looked across the map and thought, "Oh geez, another flight, ok suck it up and come up with a plan to take these guys out." I doubt if the flighted team is thinking "Oh no, a solo player, we had better be on our game in this one."

I also have to question someone who says their up for the challenge, but in the very next sentence admits to ditching their plane. Strange that he's up to the challenge, but quits because the MM keeps putting buffalo chips on his side...like that doesn't happen to every other player all the time. Do me a favor Team-Terrible don't even think about questioning anyone else's competitive spirit until you have a solid handle of yours.

QFT +1

:honoring:

dityboycom #110 Posted 09 August 2016 - 12:39 AM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostRosebud, on 08 August 2016 - 07:12 PM, said:

only time I quit a tier if I see a flight is if it's one of those troll GAA flights that make the game miserable.

TeamTerrible #111 Posted 09 August 2016 - 12:46 AM

First Lieutenant

• 230 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostRosebud, on 08 August 2016 - 06:12 PM, said:

Very rich....if I was to question anyone's it would be yours seeing that you prefer to keep the game in its less-competitive state

These remarks are nothing but a mask to the fact you fear the expert level of any challenge 

Now please take your hands off my solid handle...you are not allowed to fondle it

Rosebud #112 Posted 12 August 2016 - 02:52 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12 battles

View PostTeamTerrible, on 08 August 2016 - 07:46 PM, said:

Very rich....if I was to question anyone's it would be yours seeing that you prefer to keep the game in its less-competitive state

These remarks are nothing but a mask to the fact you fear the expert level of any challenge 

Now please take your hands off my solid handle...you are not allowed to fondle it

​Competition involves a fair starting point. I am not sure which expert level you are referring to, but even at that "expert level" competition should mean the same thing. Your delusional belief that having an advantage at the outset is competitive, is ignorant, self serving and wrong. You or anyone else is not entitled to any advantage. You are not special because you flight up. This game already grants you huge advantages in unopposed flight balance game after game. That you don't recognize those advantages, is not the communities problem, they are yours.

Maybe you should question your own competitive spirit and not mine. Because as I read your pathetic excuses designed to stack the deck in your own favor, I wonder if you even know what a competitive competition looks like.

Porkins_Jr #113 Posted 12 August 2016 - 12:26 PM

Major

• 0 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View Postdityboycom, on 08 August 2016 - 08:39 PM, said:

only time I quit a tier if I see a flight is if it's one of those troll GAA flights that make the game miserable.

I know who you mean, but why do you find a flight of GAs make the game miserable? Hiding in their own AA and winning by superiority?

dityboycom #114 Posted 12 August 2016 - 12:32 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostPorkins_Jr, on 12 August 2016 - 08:26 AM, said:

I know who you mean, but why do you find a flight of GAs make the game miserable? Hiding in their own AA and winning by superiority?

yes, very boring game play when you're not the GAA, I'd agree with texthor, that it's probably one of the most draining aspects of the game. A well coordinated gaa flight has to be taken out early or not at all,  which usually results in losing the air battle. 

Then watching them run around the map or circle in the ship yard with 8 aa guns that take 50% of your hp every pass it gets old quicker than it gets interesting. I'd say double or triple gaa flights are the troll flight of the bots age. They have no competition down low and can easily gain the superiority advantage while enemies are otherwise engaged, then disengage to draw out a superiority win over the next 10 minutes of your life. 

I make a habit of returning to hangar because though I may be able to win in that ten minutes, it's anything but fun. 

Porkins_Jr #115 Posted 12 August 2016 - 01:05 PM

Major

• 0 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View Postdityboycom, on 12 August 2016 - 08:32 AM, said:

yes, very boring game play when you're not the GAA, I'd agree with texthor, that it's probably one of the most draining aspects of the game. A well coordinated gaa flight has to be taken out early or not at all,  which usually results in losing the air battle. 

Then watching them run around the map or circle in the ship yard with 8 aa guns that take 50% of your hp every pass it gets old quicker than it gets interesting. I'd say double or triple gaa flights are the troll flight of the bots age. They have no competition down low and can easily gain the superiority advantage while enemies are otherwise engaged, then disengage to draw out a superiority win over the next 10 minutes of your life. 

I make a habit of returning to hangar because though I may be able to win in that ten minutes, it's anything but fun. 

The solution is more human GAs on the other side that will hunt down these guys. I agree it's frustrating even for other GAs like me because I am always solo and though I have shot down 2 GA flighted, its only when they don't know how to cover each others tail.

dityboycom #116 Posted 12 August 2016 - 01:29 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostPorkins_Jr, on 12 August 2016 - 09:05 AM, said:

The solution is more human GAs on the other side that will hunt down these guys. I agree it's frustrating even for other GAs like me because I am always solo and though I have shot down 2 GA flighted, its only when they don't know how to cover each others tail.

That's one solution, I'm sure others can come up with different ones. I've had little problem dispatching GAA when I am in my 40's as you mentioned; but, realistically if they developed a more dynamic, dare i say actual AI that learned, and developed as the game did, it would make for a more interesting bout. If bots knew "Oh that's a two man GAA flight, lets stick together and fight back." Instead of ignoring their existence all together and not even attempting to defend themselves or gain the initiative and attack first.

I have yet to see a GAA bot attack me in my GAA even if I'm clearing targets in their path.

losttwo #117 Posted 12 August 2016 - 02:48 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostRosebud, on 11 August 2016 - 09:52 PM, said:

​Competition involves a fair starting point. I am not sure which expert level you are referring to, but even at that "expert level" competition should mean the same thing. Your delusional belief that having an advantage at the outset is competitive, is ignorant, self serving and wrong. You or anyone else is not entitled to any advantage. You are not special because you flight up. This game already grants you huge advantages in unopposed flight balance game after game. That you don't recognize those advantages, is not the communities problem, they are yours.

Maybe you should question your own competitive spirit and not mine. Because as I read your pathetic excuses designed to stack the deck in your own favor, I wonder if you even know what a competitive competition looks like.

Yet that is the rub is it not.

The perception of " fair competition ".

WOWP is designed more towards TT idea of competitive play and not ours.

While some of us like to just fly around and shoot things and try various load out and such there are those too who do not.

The problem with WOWP is that it is COMPETITIVE by nature.

It is not a game designed for the relaxed gamer to troll around one map after another.

It was designed for the utmost performance from an individual.

The casual gamer doesn't belong in WOWP.

Yet here we are still casually playing.

GeorgePatton #118 Posted 12 August 2016 - 03:30 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 1608 battles
  • [SCHLD] SCHLD

View Postdityboycom, on 12 August 2016 - 07:32 AM, said:

Ugh, I hate running into GAA flights! The guys in question are definitely good though, and I gotta respect their patience! Best solution is to pack rockets! lol

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

Porkins_Jr #119 Posted 12 August 2016 - 05:37 PM

Major

• 0 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View Postdityboycom, on 12 August 2016 - 09:29 AM, said:

I have yet to see a GAA bot attack me in my GAA even if I'm clearing targets in their path.

They seem to shoot at you if they are close, I've had it happen. Not much though.

Also tagged with Veteran Bots, equality, tactics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users