Eliminate Tiers 7 thru 10

revamp bots

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Caecias #61 Posted 25 July 2016 - 02:36 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 233 battles

View Postdityboycom, on 25 July 2016 - 07:46 AM, said:

No, but realistically it's much more enjoyable to play 3v3 with humans rather than 3v3 with 14 additional bots. Since it's pretty much guaranteed 2 of the three pilots on the other team will pick one of the humans to run down, why do we have to waste our time avoiding bot damage at the same time? Unless you're the "Chosen one," the bots don't clear your tail, and they don't assist you in anyway, so for 2 out of every 3 pilots in these games the bots are useless, unless the one in control of them is vigilant and is willing to delegate them accordingly.

I have seen this behavior from bots and agree entirely that something needs to change; moreover, empathize with your take that human participants will be more dynamic being able to differentiate threat situations... clearing tails the major issue; but also this: priority of targets (from multiple human requests - I too have seen "Negative!" way too many time while multiple bots chase down a non-threatening bomber), tactical assessments (not endlessly and always climbing and stalling against planes they should not be climbing against; or on the other side of the map ganging up on a bomber not engaged with others that need assists), path finding.... etc.

Thanks for expounding a little bit more here - great perspective.

dityboycom #62 Posted 25 July 2016 - 03:03 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG
Yeah, they could even get around it by assigning one of the players a "Captaincy" title, or Flight leader card, that they can transfer to another real player if they don't desire to have it. That way everyone knows who the bots are bound too for the entirety of the engagement.

EspressoForHammy #63 Posted 25 July 2016 - 05:36 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
If all the bots were bound to me I would circle the nearest mountain at high speed. I estimate I could kill all the my team's bots within 30 seconds this way.

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

Arthur_Dayne #64 Posted 28 July 2016 - 04:28 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 96 battles
right now if I log in to fly tier IX... I go against two flighted uber pilot heavies..EVERY time.... some of the best people in the game.....IF I get another player on my team its no one I ever heard of...when the match starts their bots All target me ...along with the 2 flighted players..im killed in about 5 seconds....fun? nope...stopped playing.....prolly never wil play again...to the joy of yall who hate me and this is why no one can get out of tir 5 or 6.... for most new players the heck starts at tier 2 with the ao192.....where seedy pilots fly the ao 192 then the fw 57 then the 110b in flight....killing every noob they see driving tens of thousands from the game over 2-3 yrs.....the me410 at tier 6 is where most people quit..... highly skilled people who have been with the game since beta grab their 410 flight and stomp everyone...no one gets to tier 7 ...8 is an me 262 fest ...no one ever get to ix 10 is no mans land of just uber skilled players looking to  stomp some sap like me .......ive been tier IX with a team of bots,.....having to face 2 players in javelins.....with a yak 19 or a yak 30.....planes with tier 7 speed...and tier 6 hitpoints....and all their bots come for u....even as u try to dodge the javlins which your ..nerfed to oblivion yak 30 has no hope of fighting.....no il never play again.....til flights r removed.

Edited by Arthur_Dayne, 28 July 2016 - 04:34 AM.

Claudio67 #65 Posted 28 July 2016 - 05:39 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 545 battles
Ok.

dityboycom #66 Posted 28 July 2016 - 12:23 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostArthur_Dayne, on 28 July 2016 - 12:28 AM, said:

right now if I log in to fly tier IX... I go against two flighted uber pilot heavies..EVERY time.... some of the best people in the game.....IF I get another player on my team its no one I ever heard of...when the match starts their bots All target me ...along with the 2 flighted players..im killed in about 5 seconds....fun? nope...stopped playing.....prolly never wil play again...to the joy of yall who hate me and this is why no one can get out of tir 5 or 6.... for most new players the heck starts at tier 2 with the ao192.....where seedy pilots fly the ao 192 then the fw 57 then the 110b in flight....killing every noob they see driving tens of thousands from the game over 2-3 yrs.....the me410 at tier 6 is where most people quit..... highly skilled people who have been with the game since beta grab their 410 flight and stomp everyone...no one gets to tier 7 ...8 is an me 262 fest ...no one ever get to ix 10 is no mans land of just uber skilled players looking to  stomp some sap like me .......ive been tier IX with a team of bots,.....having to face 2 players in javelins.....with a yak 19 or a yak 30.....planes with tier 7 speed...and tier 6 hitpoints....and all their bots come for u....even as u try to dodge the javlins which your ..nerfed to oblivion yak 30 has no hope of fighting.....no il never play again.....til flights r removed.

Removing flights won't change any of that Arthur, I'm actually looking forward to the day they put 3 man flights back. They reverted the clans back, why not? Amirite!

Bandet #67 Posted 28 July 2016 - 07:06 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

I really wouldn't miss tier 10. The game changes too much once you get there because it doesn't really work with the current compressed altitude model.

However, I would be more in favor of eliminating tiers 1-3.

Edited by Bandet, 28 July 2016 - 07:06 PM.

To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.

Noreaga #68 Posted 28 July 2016 - 07:50 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostBandet, on 28 July 2016 - 02:06 PM, said:

it doesn't really work with the current compressed altitude model.

Fix the compression and you fix the heavy fighter problem, it is IMO the single most destructive mechanic. more damaging than a flight in t9 running t2 players out of the game.

Nimis obnoxii curare

Psicko23 #69 Posted 28 July 2016 - 10:53 PM

First Lieutenant

• 37 battles

View PostNoreaga, on 28 July 2016 - 11:50 AM, said:

Fix the compression and you fix the heavy fighter problem, it is IMO the single most destructive mechanic. more damaging than a flight in t9 running t2 players out of the game.

that and the Mario Kart consumables, especially the boost cooldown for the heavies. Either that or give it to every plane. 

Edited by Psicko23, 28 July 2016 - 10:55 PM.

tyy #70 Posted 29 July 2016 - 04:36 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 8 battles
  • [BLIST] BLIST
yes please lets eliminate all my favorite planes

Noreaga #71 Posted 29 July 2016 - 06:18 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostPsicko23, on 28 July 2016 - 05:53 PM, said:

that and the Mario Kart consumables, especially the boost cooldown for the heavies. Either that or give it to every plane. 

yeah the mario kart stuff was a really weird choice, went from arcade with a little bit of sim to cartoon with a little bit of arcade.

Nimis obnoxii curare

Also tagged with revamp, bots

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users