Eliminate Tiers 7 thru 10

revamp bots

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

spider_x #1 Posted 20 July 2016 - 07:44 PM

Master Sergeant

• 29 battles

I can't play this game anymore with all the bots, it's just not the same game anymore. A possible solution for the elimination of bots would be to remove something like the top 4 tiers. This would channel the existing player-base into fewer tiers and help reduce wait times for a bot-less WOWP. I chose 4 tiers arbitrarily so the actual number would have to be given due consideration.

Give full compensation to the players who will be losing experience, planes and equipment due to the elimination of these tiers.

I guess you could eliminate tiers from the bottom, I just never liked jets in this game and always thought tiers 2 thru 6 were the best.

You could bring back the eliminated tiers later on if and when you get a growing player-base.

I could go on about the lack of game-play modes, clan wars and advertising - but I thought just to right the ship for now and stop the bleeding, the condensing of tiers could really help the situation.

Noreaga #2 Posted 20 July 2016 - 07:48 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

I disagree with the whole idea, but if we had to do it.  The bottom 4 tiers should be removed, it should only be 5-10. 

EDIT: This is not just "i hate low tiers", 5-10 would still give us a mix of props and jets.

Edited by Noreaga, 20 July 2016 - 08:49 PM.

Nimis obnoxii curare

Caecias #3 Posted 20 July 2016 - 07:52 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 233 battles

View Postspider_x, on 20 July 2016 - 02:44 PM, said:

I can't play this game anymore with all the bots, it's just not the same game anymore. A possible solution for the elimination of bots would be to remove something like the top 4 tiers. This would channel the existing player-base into fewer tiers and help reduce wait times for a bot-less WOWP. I chose 4 tiers arbitrarily so the actual number would have to be given due consideration.

Give full compensation to the players who will be losing experience, planes and equipment due to the elimination of these tiers.

I guess you could eliminate tiers from the bottom, I just never liked jets in this game and always thought tiers 2 thru 6 were the best.

You could bring back the eliminated tiers later on if and when you get a growing player-base.

I could go on about the lack of game-play modes, clan wars and advertising - but I thought just to right the ship for now and stop the bleeding, the condensing of tiers could really help the situation.

I would think tier expansion, and adjusting bots would be the answer...  but I don't know. I can certainly understand your frustration with MM balance and bots.

I think number of players is the issue first and foremost, as you note.

Edited by Caecias, 21 July 2016 - 01:29 AM.

Tophatfire #4 Posted 20 July 2016 - 07:53 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostNoreaga, on 20 July 2016 - 03:48 PM, said:

I disagree with the whole idea, but if we had to do it.  The bottom 4 tiers should be removed, it should only be 5-10. 

I'd be ok with temporarily removing 1-3 and 10 just to help concentrate the population.  But at the same time, removing content is about the last thing this game needs.  There'd be even less to do.

Noreaga #5 Posted 20 July 2016 - 08:03 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostBotCDR, on 20 July 2016 - 02:53 PM, said:

I'd be ok with temporarily removing 1-3 and 10 just to help concentrate the population.  But at the same time, removing content is about the last thing this game needs.  There'd be even less to do.

Better yet improve the bots down there to match the other tiers. I would play down there if the bots were harder.

Nimis obnoxii curare

spanks2 #6 Posted 20 July 2016 - 08:16 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1088 battles

View PostNoreaga, on 20 July 2016 - 07:48 PM, said:

Confine the bots to tiers 1 through 5...

Noreaga #7 Posted 20 July 2016 - 08:21 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postclodhoppr1, on 20 July 2016 - 03:16 PM, said:

Confine the bots to tiers 1 through 5...

ohh i like, except 75% of the pop would be down there.

Nimis obnoxii curare

TeamTerrible #8 Posted 20 July 2016 - 08:28 PM

First Lieutenant

• 234 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
Would be nice to know what tier is most populated...oh wait we had that option (ring ring ding a ling)

mnbv_fockewulfe #9 Posted 20 July 2016 - 08:37 PM

Captain

• 658 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

I LoLed when I read the title. 

You get this for making me laugh! :medal:

Edited by mnbv_fockewulfe, 20 July 2016 - 09:35 PM.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

spider_x #10 Posted 20 July 2016 - 09:03 PM

Master Sergeant

• 29 battles

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 20 July 2016 - 08:37 PM, said:

I LoLed when I ready the title. 

You get this for making me laugh! :medal:

Yeah I could of titled that better, I guess I'm a bit biased on jets. After reading the responses I see you could lop off tiers at both ends and come up with the same effect. Maybe go with something like tiers 3 thru 8 and try to keep everyone happy.

Zapperguy #11 Posted 20 July 2016 - 09:11 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

You aren't the first to suggest this. It would be very unfair to players who spent real $$ for or worked hard in game to earn planes in those tiers. Compensation from WG would NEVER be giving money back, it would be gold which is useless if there is nothing you want to buy. That doesn't even account for the players who actually like flying jets and other high tier planes. The lower tiers have even more premium planes, making the removal of those tiers similarly problematic. And without the lowest tiers, retention of new players would be nil.

You stated "I can't play this game anymore with all the bots, it's just not the same game anymore." For many of us who haven't left, the bots have been an improvement. I agree, it's not the same as it was without bots. The queue times are shorter, the battles are never less than 10vs10, the bots work as a team (often more effectively than a random group of humans would) and follow commands, earning medals (Rudorffer, Gorovets, Gabreski, and Clostermann) than hadn't been achievable in over a year due to small battles (of real humans) are again possible, and the battles aren't just the same flight of 3 vets stomping 3 random players again and again. Not the same game indeed!

Full battles with humans would be great, but eliminating tiers, and by doing so, alienating even more players seems like a knee-jerk reaction to some mechanics changes you haven't sorted out yet. The player base is too small, plain and simple. Until we have end-game content, other game modes, and legitimate advertising, bots really are the best we can make of a bad situation.

Hope to see you in the skies!

:honoring:

spanks2 #12 Posted 20 July 2016 - 09:27 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1088 battles

View PostZapperguy, on 20 July 2016 - 09:11 PM, said:

For many of us who haven't left, the bots have been an improvement. I agree, it's not the same as it was without bots. The queue times are shorter, the battles are never less than 10vs10, the bots work as a team (often more effectively than a random group of humans would) and follow commands,

:great:

Sassover #13 Posted 21 July 2016 - 12:28 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 172 battles

This "idea" would have two results: First, half of the remaining veteran players would quit. Second, the other half would be given a license to club. I would rethink this if I were you.

Caecias #14 Posted 21 July 2016 - 01:36 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 233 battles

View PostNoreaga, on 20 July 2016 - 03:03 PM, said:

Better yet improve the bots down there to match the other tiers. I would play down there if the bots were harder.

I agree - in some sense, for me, lower tiers were "easy"; as I go up Tier, the game becomes more difficult, but there is more chance of complete imbalance, which I believe can be adjusted through more creative AI programming.

There are players I have come across though, that would say lower tiers present enough  of a challenge - are these the lower tier players that are offered an additional lower difficulty sandbox as some here have suggested?

View PostTeamTerrible, on 20 July 2016 - 03:28 PM, said:

Would be nice to know what tier is most populated...oh wait we had that option (ring ring ding a ling)

This was an option?  When?  I was asking this question to myself just recently... 

TeamTerrible #15 Posted 21 July 2016 - 02:29 AM

First Lieutenant

• 234 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostCaecias, on 20 July 2016 - 08:36 PM, said:

I agree - in some sense, for me, lower tiers were "easy"; as I go up Tier, the game becomes more difficult, but there is more chance of complete imbalance, which I believe can be adjusted through more creative AI programming.

There are players I have come across though, that would say lower tiers present enough  of a challenge - are these the lower tier players that are offered an additional lower difficulty sandbox as some here have suggested?

This was an option?  When?  I was asking this question to myself just recently... 

Did you provide yourself an answer?

Blaaarggh #16 Posted 21 July 2016 - 02:30 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 15 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

A good chunk of us enjoy high tiers most.  After all the time I spent getting there it would piss me off to not be able to play the most fun tiers in the game.  Also bots help us get matches up there.  Though I agree facing bots is not nearly as fun as facing human players, getting full and fast matches is proportionally much more fun then 3-8 minutes to face 3-4 people. Small matches make for very uninteresting matches with easily exploitable mechanics.  Tier 10 is the most fun tier in the game, as well as being one of the most balanced tiers, and If I were not able to play at that tier, I would simply never bother coming back to this game.  There is no need to cut off tiers in this game, the developers just need to take responsibility for it and implement "end-game" and competitive play content.  Cutting off tiers would just be another cheap solution that would severely weaken the game more than it would help.

Please apply dirt, rocks and trees to your aircraft sparingly.

I have this theory that loudly ticking clocks can be wound with massive blunt objects.  By striking the clock with great force the energy would transfer into the gears, not unlike winding it.   I plan on testing this someday.

spider_x #17 Posted 21 July 2016 - 03:41 AM

Master Sergeant

• 29 battles

Victor Kislyi & Co., if your reading this I really think you should consider condensing the tiers as stated in my original post. Heck with the anemic population we are seeing now in game I'm even starting to think eliminating 4 tiers is not enough, and that upon further reflection perhaps something along the lines of just offering tiers 3 through 6 will be the most optimal plan going forward till we can re-establish an active player-base.

Just think of the robust game-play that will ensue as human to human contact re-emerges and people realize this game is fun again. The word of mouth of a revamp just might be the thing to kick this baby back in gear as old players learn the good times are back, and new players feel connected to a real MMO game.

I think I speak for many when I say playing against a gaggle of bots is a sterile and unrewarding experience.That any thought of accomplishment is severely diminished by what this game is now offering in its present form.

Sure, there are few stray voices clamoring that the elimination of jets and the higher tiers is tantamount to destroying the game and I am certainly not going to allude that they might be cork sniffing elitist or such, but these are mostly empty tiers with hardly anyone playing them. Sacrifices will need to be made and I'm afraid eliminating these top tiers is the most intelligent and beneficial course of action before us. As the wise Mr. Spock said, 'The Needs of the Many Outweigh the Needs of the Few.'

Consolidate! Connect! Celebrate!

Psicko23 #18 Posted 21 July 2016 - 03:57 AM

First Lieutenant

• 24 battles

View PostCaecias, on 20 July 2016 - 05:36 PM, said:

up until recently you would be able to see how many players were in each tier while in queue. You could also see the amount of fighters, multiroles, etc in queue but not each tier. 

I personally don't like flying lower tiers. I fly them to get my daily missions and then I go back up to higher tiers. The lowest tier I'm grinding right now is 6. The problem with getting rid of t7 and above will be that the players that have been here for awhile will either quit or they will be in lower tiers and club seals. What we need is some way to make it harder for people to club seals in t3 and below without having the debacle of the mm issues we had earlier and Persha messing it up even more. If we could somehow get the people with several thousand battles and an average tier play of 2.something we would have more players up in higher tiers. As of now, there is no incentive to get to higher tiers. Revamp the game put in clan wars and that would fix it.

Psicko23 #19 Posted 21 July 2016 - 05:54 AM

First Lieutenant

• 24 battles
Oh, I forgot. Bots are better than waiting 30 minutes or more for a 1v1 when there are 20 people in the same tier waiting in queue. I'd rather have 15 vs 15 all humans, but I don't see that being possible any time soon. 

Caecias #20 Posted 21 July 2016 - 07:22 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 233 battles

View PostTeamTerrible, on 20 July 2016 - 09:29 PM, said:

Did you provide yourself an answer?

No, but Psicko did... and it's appreciated. 

Also tagged with revamp, bots

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users