Pilot looking for a Clan

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

OldTimer #1 Posted 18 July 2016 - 04:26 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5196 battles

I have been playing more lately and have decided that it is time to look for a clan.  I am older and sometimes have to work long hours, so I am not interested in clans that have firm requirements for when and how often you are on.  Some times I will be on everyday, and some times I may miss a week.  The good thing about me is that I am a team player.  I like to participate in clan activities and when I do I know how to follow instructions.  I know that I don't know it all and can listen and learn.  Any clan I join would need to have voice comms, and at least some level of respect for others.  I prefer that other members not be overly vulgar, crude, loud or obnoxious.

Thanks for looking.

losttwo #2 Posted 18 July 2016 - 04:42 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
:great: Check out SSG. You sound like you would fit right in.

Steel_bomber_ #3 Posted 18 July 2016 - 05:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 15772 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
Yup, SSG has no obligations, just in it to have fun!
THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

Noreaga #4 Posted 18 July 2016 - 07:12 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8732 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Check out SSG, and to be honest even the so called "high end" clans are no longer super stringent on attendance. check out the recruitment threads in this forum, if you want to check out some of the other clans.

Nimis obnoxii curare

MelBrooks #5 Posted 18 July 2016 - 07:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 30270 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
I would say check us out but then no vulgarity or obscenity was brought up. Very tall order to meet with the collection of dirty old drunks we have.:D Seriously, there are several out there with great groups of pilots, and extremely helpful and fun. Choir practice is Tuesday night, Scotch night is Thursday.

CrazyHeinz #6 Posted 18 July 2016 - 09:06 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9390 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostRuthBuzzi, on 18 July 2016 - 02:26 PM, said:

Choir practice is Tuesday night, Scotch night is Thursday.

Scotch night is also, M-F.

Bring back Foster Brooks.

Steel_bomber_ #7 Posted 19 July 2016 - 04:43 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 15772 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Welcome to the club OldTimer !

See you soon (I am at work right now)

Topic closed?

Edited by Steel_bomber_, 19 July 2016 - 12:06 PM.

THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

oldiowaguy #8 Posted 19 July 2016 - 12:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 15674 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostOldTimer, on 18 July 2016 - 10:26 AM, said:

I prefer that other members not be overly vulgar, crude, loud or obnoxious.

Thanks for looking.

Lol! ABC takes care of all 4 of those nightly on our TS! :hiding::trollface:

clodhoppr #9 Posted 19 July 2016 - 05:08 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 14508 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

View PostRuthBuzzi, on 18 July 2016 - 07:26 PM, said:

I would say check us out but then no vulgarity or obscenity was brought up. Very tall order to meet with the collection of dirty old drunks we have.:D Seriously, there are several out there with great groups of pilots, and extremely helpful and fun. Choir practice is Tuesday night, Scotch night is Thursday.

I thought choir practice stopped during the summer!!

ABC lies lies ....!!!!

Steel_bomber_ #10 Posted 20 July 2016 - 06:51 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 15772 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
Oh well OldTimer, you left already?   That was quick.
THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

OldTimer #11 Posted 21 July 2016 - 11:06 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5196 battles

View PostSteel_bomber_, on 20 July 2016 - 06:51 AM, said:

Oh well OldTimer, you left already?   That was quick.

I stayed in the TS for about 6 hours that afternoon, and not one person ever joined.  As people cycled in and out of the game I kept asking if anyone used TS, but the only answer I ever got was no.  Maybe it was just an off day, but they primary reason that I wanted to join a clan was to interact with others about the game.

Anyway...still looking.

Edited by OldTimer, 21 July 2016 - 11:10 PM.

TeamTerrible #12 Posted 22 July 2016 - 12:39 AM

First Lieutenant

• 46095 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostOldTimer, on 21 July 2016 - 06:06 PM, said:

I stayed in the TS for about 6 hours that afternoon, and not one person ever joined.  As people cycled in and out of the game I kept asking if anyone used TS, but the only answer I ever got was no.  Maybe it was just an off day, but they primary reason that I wanted to join a clan was to interact with others about the game.

Anyway...still looking.

I'm sorry, but I was on most of the day as always....welcomed you aboard and you didn't even reply

You did post a comment prior to this but it wasn't requesting any details regarding how we handle our coms

Then you popped in finally and asked if anyone uses ts, I replied stating I would hop on if I had a reason such as a flight or someone needed to speak to me

You quit shortly thereafter???

So maybe you kept asking yourself cause you only asked us once and received an answer that stated someone would come on ts with you....all you had to do was ask

I explained your actions to both of my Executive officers the next day and they were left wondering why someone is looking into com usage and then quits the moment he receives an answer

Your story and the truth do not match up.....sorry but we were kind enough to offer you a spot, welcomed you aboard and offered to jump on coms if you needed something

OldTimer #13 Posted 22 July 2016 - 01:18 AM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5196 battles

View PostTeamTerrible, on 22 July 2016 - 12:39 AM, said:

Your story and the truth do not match up.....

No need to try to make something personal.  I want a clan that members actively join comms to interact.  No one joined on yours so I am trying elsewhere.  I have nothing against any of you, I just didn't think that we were a good fit. Fly safe.

SmokeyNSA #14 Posted 22 July 2016 - 01:39 AM

Airman Basic

• 5601 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

Check out GWS or GWG. We're old...we talk a lot ;)

Take care,

Smokey

TeamTerrible #15 Posted 22 July 2016 - 02:44 AM

First Lieutenant

• 46095 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostOldTimer, on 21 July 2016 - 08:18 PM, said:

No need to try to make something personal.  I want a clan that members actively join comms to interact.  No one joined on yours so I am trying elsewhere.  I have nothing against any of you, I just didn't think that we were a good fit. Fly safe.

You asked once and left after somebody answered you... take in mind there were not many people on during the day as they have a life beyond the game such as a job 

Is asking if anyone uses coms your way of saying "join me I am here and would like to talk to someone???

We had no idea you were sitting there all by yourself if you truly were ..once again all you asked in exact words ..."does anybody here use ts" and then you quit

Computit logs in and says "good morning I am on Discord if anyone wishes to flight up of simply chat"....he does this every time he logs in

Wolf will log into chat and sniff around every so often.....but for the most part he logs in and minds his own business

Steel logs in and he wants a flight member or he's leaving cause he hates not having someone to play with...he makes this clear every day

Cam likes having someone to hear his voice of doom but cannot be on coms and handle his little one at the same time...when he's ready to tell you we are all gonna die he will

I log in and wait for someone who needs a hand....if nobody wants me I crank up my home theater and enjoy the games' laptop quality sound effects

So for your next clan...if you want communication you need to make that clear and not assume people know you are waiting for them

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users