• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

losttwo #21 Posted 18 July 2016 - 04:13 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 6444 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

OK Rose.

Lets use your link and show an increase in population since bots were added.

It is easy to do if you click on the 1yr marker.

Spoiler

dityboycom #22 Posted 18 July 2016 - 04:16 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG
At this point they are all 1v1 matches with bots. Pretty dumb.

losttwo #23 Posted 18 July 2016 - 04:44 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 6444 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postdityboycom, on 18 July 2016 - 11:16 AM, said:

At this point they are all 1v1 matches with bots. Pretty dumb.

:izmena:

Porkins_Jr #24 Posted 18 July 2016 - 09:00 PM

Major

• 0 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View Postlosttwo, on 18 July 2016 - 12:13 PM, said:

OK Rose.

Spoiler

Still basically stagnation though. Very slight rise, maybe.

At this point if I were in charge of WG I would:

1) Institute Clan Wars, maybe by simply adding official support to the CCW going on right now. Simple, easy. See how much that improves pop.

then

2) Advertise a bit, try a relaunch. When the initial spike takes place, ditch the bots until necessary (might not need them).

then

let things ride for awhile. Take suggestions and USE them. See if the game can be saved.

All this would cost very little.

Steel_bomber_ #25 Posted 18 July 2016 - 09:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostPorkins_Jr, on 18 July 2016 - 10:00 PM, said:

Still basically stagnation though. Very slight rise, maybe.

At this point if I were in charge of WG I would:

1) Institute Clan Wars, maybe by simply adding official support to the CCW going on right now. Simple, easy. See how much that improves pop.

then

2) Advertise a bit, try a relaunch. When the initial spike takes place, ditch the bots until necessary (might not need them).

then

let things ride for awhile. Take suggestions and USE them. See if the game can be saved.

All this would cost very little.

I refuse to give advise what this company could do with their product.

1st, they don't care about players

2nd, they don't care about what we say on the forum, they never read this forum

3rd, so many suggestions were made, was ever something done with them? Not even 1 reply?

4th.......running out of time too much to post about this

THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

Porkins_Jr #26 Posted 18 July 2016 - 09:56 PM

Major

• 0 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostSteel_bomber_, on 18 July 2016 - 05:26 PM, said:

Running out of time? Don't think so. They've all but guaranteed another 6 months at least, and from what others have said they might linger this game on indefinitely, because they don't want the bad press of a shutdown. If they wanted an opportunity to shut it down quietly that could have taken place long ago.

Edited by Porkins_Jr, 18 July 2016 - 09:57 PM.

Steel_bomber_ #27 Posted 18 July 2016 - 10:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostPorkins_Jr, on 18 July 2016 - 10:56 PM, said:

Running out of time? Don't think so. They've all but guaranteed another 6 months at least, and from what others have said they might linger this game on indefinitely, because they don't want the bad press of a shutdown. If they wanted an opportunity to shut it down quietly that could have taken place long ago.

I meant I was running out of time !
THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

honorabili #28 Posted 18 July 2016 - 10:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 4686 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Bots weren't going to be a miracle that saves the game. They just let you be able to get into a match 24 hours a day with no regard to how many people are online.

You want people to play this game?

1. Add a better end game

2. Add Clan Wars

3. ADVERTISE the game like War Thunder does

4. Put this on Steam like War Thunder does

Quesnel #29 Posted 18 July 2016 - 10:52 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 584 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View Posthonorabili, on 18 July 2016 - 10:27 PM, said:

Bots weren't going to be a miracle that saves the game. They just let you be able to get into a match 24 hours a day with no regard to how many people are online.

You want people to play this game?

1. Add a better end game

2. Add Clan Wars

3. ADVERTISE the game like War Thunder does

4. Put this on Steam like War Thunder does

1. Yes

2. Yes (long overdue)

3. Most of the ads I see for Planes are of the some format as WT, adlinks on webpages

4. There is no guarantee this would work, read more here (trust me, no new news on that link) http://sieidi.com/reasons-why-some-games-on-steam-early-access-fail/

Rosebud #30 Posted 18 July 2016 - 11:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12 battles

View Postlosttwo, on 18 July 2016 - 11:13 AM, said:

OK Rose.

Spoiler

Now do the same thing, but widen the chart so that it includes this time last year. You will find that at this same time one year ago the numbers were better. (as I stated in my original post) There was an appreciable uptick in January and one in march. However the numbers have declined steadily (but not remarkably) since that time. Leaving us with a lower average of players now then one year ago.

Rosebud #31 Posted 18 July 2016 - 11:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12 battles
Well, well well...it would appear that they have changed their site and their method of charting numbers since last I looked. On my other computer it allows me to expand the chart to include the information from up to a year ago. That does not seem to be the case with the site I on this computer. I apologize and am clueless as to why that site would be different from one computer to the next.

Tophatfire #32 Posted 19 July 2016 - 12:35 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
Bots weren't meant to save the game; quite the contrary in fact.  Bots were meant to let the game die peacefully, because now it can remain technically playable as the population declines.

losttwo #33 Posted 19 July 2016 - 09:04 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 6444 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostRosebud, on 18 July 2016 - 06:30 PM, said:

Well, well well...it would appear that they have changed their site and their method of charting numbers since last I looked. On my other computer it allows me to expand the chart to include the information from up to a year ago. That does not seem to be the case with the site I on this computer. I apologize and am clueless as to why that site would be different from one computer to the next.

That is OK. My chart is fake also. It suffers from a script bug so I posted the results I wanted to show.

No idea what the REAL and actual results are for population gain and losses.

I was just proving a point that the bots were not meant to be the saviors of the game but only fillers for more targets.

Here is a fitting quote about the addition of BOTS to the game:

"You don't build a septic tank for greener grass,

You build it for waste disposal. "

RedSpartacus #34 Posted 19 July 2016 - 12:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles

I haven't been around here long enough to talk about the times of beta release and the early patches.

But reading the forum for quite a while I get the impression that this game had a huge population in the very beginning but was never able to attract more people in between.

Is that true ? Was the population declining from the beginning ?

RUN WITH THE PACK

oldiowaguy #35 Posted 19 July 2016 - 12:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 145 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM

View PostRedSpartacus, on 19 July 2016 - 06:36 AM, said:

I haven't been around here long enough to talk about the times of beta release and the early patches.

But reading the forum for quite a while I get the impression that this game had a huge population in the very beginning but was never able to attract more people in between.

Is that true ? Was the population declining from the beginning ?

Yes, but it was gradual up until 1.5, then it fell off a cliff. Just before release I remember 1800+ on weekends. This game had such potential! 

Steel_bomber_ #36 Posted 19 July 2016 - 12:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postoldiowaguy, on 19 July 2016 - 01:47 PM, said:

Yes, but it was gradual up until 1.5, then it fell off a cliff. Just before release I remember 1800+ on weekends. This game had such potential! 

Indeed, the game has potential, if only this company had some.................oh boy.  :facepalm:
THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

TeamTerrible #37 Posted 19 July 2016 - 04:17 PM

First Lieutenant

• 234 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostSteel_bomber_, on 18 July 2016 - 04:26 PM, said:

I refuse to give advise what this company could do with their product.

1st, they don't care about players

2nd, they don't care about what we say on the forum, they never read this forum

3rd, so many suggestions were made, was ever something done with them? Not even 1 reply?

speaking of time...rest period is over soldier ....

Jaguardian #38 Posted 19 July 2016 - 04:59 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 517 battles

View PostPorkins_Jr, on 18 July 2016 - 03:56 PM, said:

We may be guaranteed another 6 months at least, but the day the say they will close the game, is the day I stop playing.  I only play now in hopes that the game will turn around and if they announce it won't...bye bye!

Twinki #39 Posted 19 July 2016 - 11:21 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 1 battle
  • [SFRJ] SFRJ

There are few simple ways to "save" this game but they probably wont happen for a long time, possibly never.

1. Add multicluster, that way the game will be atleast more populated so bots wont be used as much.

2. Promote the game on TV & other methods like World Of Tanks is being promoted. I know its being advertised online but its not as much as WOT

3. Drag WOT & Warship players into the game, give them some rewards, such as 1 month of gameplay X amount of gold (same way we had transition from Beta to release, we got plenty of rewards for it). The token system thats in place, I havent even heard of it until I got into the game. After I told my clan maters, some of them jumped into the game and started playing just for the sake of tokens. WG should focus on promoting this stuff on worldoftanks & worldofwarships portals.

Preety much, get all players that you have on 1 server (or multi cluster support so we can have NA players going after EU and vice versa), give some neat rewards so people jump in to grind those and Im 100% sure that some of them will stay.

View PostJaguardian, on 19 July 2016 - 04:59 PM, said:

We may be guaranteed another 6 months at least, but the day the say they will close the game, is the day I stop playing.  I only play now in hopes that the game will turn around and if they announce it won't...bye bye!

They wont shut this game down anytime soon. WG has enough cash to fund it for a long long time. They might eventually re-create the game and drop this one off but I dont see it happening anytime soon.

And regarding the multi-cluster, wargaming promised release of it in 2012 and since it didnt keep up its promise many people left. Also the reason behind the high amount of players during the Alpha & Beta was simple, it was a new game + they gave a shitton of rewards that you could use in World Of Tanks. I remember we had 2-3 clans from WOT that kept on playing just to get those rewards.

Edited by Twinki, 19 July 2016 - 11:27 PM.

Tophatfire #40 Posted 20 July 2016 - 07:40 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostPorkins_Jr, on 18 July 2016 - 05:56 PM, said:

hint: "lingering indefinitely" doesn't mean "good."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users