Lets be honest

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Rosebud #1 Posted 18 July 2016 - 01:05 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12 battles

Lets be honest here...the numbers that this game is generating currently are less then those PRE-bots. https://stats.wotapi.ru/stats/wowp/na/total Bots were added in early Oct of 2015. Prier to that, in July 2015, the numbers were better. The data shows an uptick in early Jan. and March but a steadily declining player base after that. The question that was asked in Oct. was this..."will bots save the game?" the answer, after 10 months is no. They have not saved the game. They have not raised the player base. Maybe its time for WG to admit that this EXPEREMENT is a failure. Maybe it's time for them to look at this game and ask the hard questions. Maybe they need to reboot, restart, rework or acknowledge in some way that this game needs a dramatic change to save it. Because, lets be honest, bots are not its savior.

*spelling

Edited by Rosebud, 18 July 2016 - 01:08 AM.

losttwo #2 Posted 18 July 2016 - 01:13 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 6445 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

The bots were never intended to " save " this game or generate new players.

Bots were used to fill the gaps in matches.

I can find no proof from WG that states bots are going to be used to "save" this game.

If WG was interested in " SAVING " this game they would have initiated Clan Wars.

Wargaming also knows that Clan Wars is what will bring people into this game.

losttwo #3 Posted 18 July 2016 - 01:18 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 6445 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

While we are being honest.

Here is what I do to not worry about the population issue.

I log in > choose a plane > click battle > wreck what I can > go to next battle.

It is not my job to even consider anything else above my pay grade for this game.

More so since I add to the declination of players when I am logged off.

GouIdy #4 Posted 18 July 2016 - 01:21 AM

First Lieutenant

• 6 battles

Asking for honesty from Wargaming? You should know better.

I predict that this will be another one of those threads that nobody from Wargaming will ever read other than maybe a moderator to make sure nobody is misbehaving.

Rosebud #5 Posted 18 July 2016 - 01:28 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12 battles

View Postlosttwo, on 17 July 2016 - 08:13 PM, said:

I can find no proof from WG that states bots are going to be used to "save" this game.

If WG was interested in " SAVING " this game they would have initiated Clan Wars.

If that were the case then why add them? If the idea is not to boost the player base why do anything at all? There were no "gaps in matches"...they were simply poorly populated matches, very much as there are now, minus the bots. WG would never admit that they were "saving the game" that would be tantamount to admitting they failed. I am sure they are interested in saving the game, it is after all their livelihood. You could find as much admittance of your contention that they know clan wars will save the game as my belief they thought bots did save the game. Look at the chart presented and tell me the number as of today (10 months after bots were added) are not worse than those from this time last year. That and only that is the subject of this post.

TeamTerrible #6 Posted 18 July 2016 - 01:29 AM

First Lieutenant

• 234 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postlosttwo, on 17 July 2016 - 08:13 PM, said:

Pretty much this is it right here...

Bots were added for the remaining players, WG has made it clear they only want to drive new players away from Tanks and Warships as they advertise for those games only

They'd add other favorable options if they wanted to....instead they apply patches to what isn't broken so we can hate that portion of the game as well

losttwo #7 Posted 18 July 2016 - 01:50 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 6445 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostRosebud, on 17 July 2016 - 08:28 PM, said:

If that were the case then why add them? If the idea is not to boost the player base why do anything at all? There were no "gaps in matches"...they were simply poorly populated matches, very much as there are now, minus the bots. WG would never admit that they were "saving the game" that would be tantamount to admitting they failed. I am sure they are interested in saving the game, it is after all their livelihood. You could find as much admittance of your contention that they know clan wars will save the game as my belief they thought bots did save the game. Look at the chart presented and tell me the number as of today (10 months after bots were added) are not worse than those from this time last year. That and only that is the subject of this post.

Bots were added in 1.7 ( if I remember correctly )  because the " new " algorithm of 1.5 fouled things up.

Match Maker was creating 1 vs 1 matches as well as long wait times.

With each new progressive patch the the Match Maker was tweaked while maintaining the integrity of the algorithm.

minimum match size was adjusted as well as the speed of matches starting.

Bots were added to the game to create larger matches to the point of now being a minimum of 10 vs 10.

The algorithm from 1.5 is still being used but with bots added in.

That is why we still end up with 1 human vs 1 human in matches with a 9 bot per side filler.

losttwo #8 Posted 18 July 2016 - 02:11 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 6445 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Here is some more honesty for you Rosebud.

You are part of the population decline problem.

Almost 8K games.

265 days you played 546 games

in the last 7 days you played 68 games.

Last 3 days you played 7 games.

Don't miss understand me. I am not blaming you or pointing fingers just pointing out a fact about population.

People have lives outside the game and you want to bring up a population chart that really say's nothing.

There are new players starting this game on a, what I consider, regular basis and old players leaving on a regular basis.

There is no incentive to play this game very often. No reason to spend more than a couple of hours of free time playing it.

There is no end game content, No end game goals. No mythical treasure at the end of the rainbow.

It is like replaying the missions in Call of Duty or what ever game you may like.

Maps are the same birds are the same, there is nothing new to keep players around.

I used to average 40+ games a day because I don't work, don't have to work. I would spend 8 hours a day playing this game.

Now I am lucky if I get 10 games a day.

Now it is boring and mundane with the same old repetitive game play.  AND NO END GOALS.

I don't even have all the nations researched and can see no reason to achieve all the tier 10 planes.

As far as I am concerned and with my play time. The population of max 400 players online when I play is fine.

While others play with a max population of upwards of 600 players online.

That is 1000 players but at different times.

Imagine what the game would be like if we had everyone logged in at the same time and same night.

I bet it would be well over 1000 players.

Edited by losttwo, 18 July 2016 - 02:12 AM.

Dave12w #9 Posted 18 July 2016 - 02:33 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 117 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-

I think someone estimated recently that there are

5000 or so active players who play at different times 

and different days.  I'd like to see some end content

also, though I'm not that worried myself, I get enough

enjoyment playing a couple of hours a night when

im free from the wife and kids.  I find variety in the

different plane flight styles and different tiers

And regular missions and events.  Though more variety

is always welcome

chrishg #10 Posted 18 July 2016 - 02:55 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 313 battles

Have you noticed that while human players numbers are dropping, bot numbers increase.  Could we be looking at an "Invasion of the Body Snatchers?"

Rosebud #11 Posted 18 July 2016 - 03:03 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12 battles

Lost...you may look up all the stats you want on me, but the bottom line is...I'm still here. I will clarify one more time...companies do not add things except in the expectation of improving business. No one...no game, no shop, no restaurant, no mom & pop fish bait store adds anything except to improve business. That is the bottom line. BoT's were added and after ten months we are worse off than before. You may cast the finger of blame wherever you wish, but this BoT thing is a failure.

Rosebud #12 Posted 18 July 2016 - 03:10 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12 battles

View Postlosttwo, on 17 July 2016 - 09:11 PM, said:

Almost 8K games.

Don't miss understand me. I am not blaming you or pointing fingers just pointing out a fact about population.

People have lives outside the game and you want to bring up a population chart that really say's nothing.

There are new players starting this game on a, what I consider, regular basis and old players leaving on a regular basis.

There is no incentive to play this game very often. No reason to spend more than a couple of hours of free time playing it.

There is no end game content, No end game goals. No mythical treasure at the end of the rainbow.

It is like replaying the missions in Call of Duty or what ever game you may like.

Maps are the same birds are the same, there is nothing new to keep players around.

I used to average 40+ games a day because I don't work, don't have to work. I would spend 8 hours a day playing this game.

Now it is boring and mundane with the same old repetitive game play.  AND NO END GOALS.

I don't even have all the nations researched and can see no reason to achieve all the tier 10 planes.

As far as I am concerned and with my play time. The population of max 400 players online when I play is fine.

Imagine what the game would be like if we had everyone logged in at the same time and same night.

Oh and by the way, you don't start by blaming someone and then say your not blaming them. I'm not going to begin to answer to you or anyone else as to my playing habits. The fact that you even looked them up says to me that you are far more interested in delegitimizing the person and not their argument.

losttwo #13 Posted 18 July 2016 - 05:59 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 6445 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostRosebud, on 17 July 2016 - 10:10 PM, said:

Oh and by the way, you don't start by blaming someone and then say your not blaming them. I'm not going to begin to answer to you or anyone else as to my playing habits. The fact that you even looked them up says to me that you are far more interested in delegitimizing the person and not their argument.

Really ? I would suggest you read the entire post. If you do you would see I used you and me as an example of " how often people play "

As well as why people do not all play at the same time.

:facepalm:

ArrowZ_ #14 Posted 18 July 2016 - 07:07 AM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1049 battles

Ask anyone from WoT or WOWS about planes. "Uhhh... wut? planes? I thought it was only tanks & ships?" - Majority of them don't even know this game exists. That should speak volumes in how much this MMO failed both in the past, present & the foreseeable future. Unless WG in all respective regions change their attitude towards this game and actually care about it, giving WOWP the resources it needs to be revived. Only then can this MMO bounce back. But WOWP has been the laughing stock of an online WWII aviation shooter for a long time. We're talking 2+ years here. That's bad for any MMO. It's hard to come out of that perceived reputation no thanks to those who gave this game such a negative impact back in the beta/alpha days. It doesn't help that the best solution Persha could come up for this year was Bots. It's even harder to understand the fact that introducing bots was their plan all along since day 1.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

W4RM0NG3R #15 Posted 18 July 2016 - 08:32 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postlosttwo, on 17 July 2016 - 05:11 PM, said:

Almost 8K games.

This game had more potential when it first came out of Beta. Then they butchered it with the bogus matchmaking patch and the butchering of mouse-aim controls. That is what drove players away, me included. I played the Closed Beta. I played it when it opened and even put money into this game. But when they butchered the ability to enjoy playing it in just a few strokes I, and thousands of others, decided we were done. Being players, both current/retired/returning of World of Tanks we know exactly what type of company we are dealing with.

A very ignorant, close-minded one.

There's only so much that people are willing to take before saying; " F that, I'm out. "

And for WoWP? It didn't take very long at all. This game had potential to be something great, but WarGaming destroyed it themselves before it ever even really got off the ground. A damn shame.

Fly Hard. Fly Fast. Fly Strong. Fly With Purpose.

losttwo #16 Posted 18 July 2016 - 08:53 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 6445 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostW4RM0NG3R, on 18 July 2016 - 03:32 AM, said:

This game had more potential when it first came out of Beta. Then they butchered it with the bogus matchmaking patch and the butchering of mouse-aim controls. That is what drove players away, me included. I played the Closed Beta. I played it when it opened and even put money into this game. But when they butchered the ability to enjoy playing it in just a few strokes I, and thousands of others, decided we were done. Being players, both current/retired/returning of World of Tanks we know exactly what type of company we are dealing with.

A very ignorant, close-minded one.

There's only so much that people are willing to take before saying; " F that, I'm out. "

And for WoWP? It didn't take very long at all. This game had potential to be something great, but WarGaming destroyed it themselves before it ever even really got off the ground. A damn shame.

Yes indeed. Every since patch 1.5 the game has progressively been completely redesigned in an attempt to keep up with the market games rather than being unique.

From altitude compression and consistent nerf/buffs to Mario-cart power ups and bots.

It is a wonder there is any population at all.

So, Why do I continue to play ? who knows I certainly don't.

Porkins_Jr #17 Posted 18 July 2016 - 12:57 PM

Major

• 0 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

Adding bots stopped 3x3 matches, which retained me as a player, so the bots saved at least one player.

Besides, the last 3 months are the very model of consistency:

The game's problem is not declining pop but stagnation of the pop. Their solution is big events every once in awhile like War Cache. A better solution would be advertising, a relaunch, end-game content, etc etc.

Edited by Porkins_Jr, 18 July 2016 - 01:03 PM.

cqiyuan #18 Posted 18 July 2016 - 02:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 249 battles
  • [X3M] X3M
Dont forget about lopsided bots, they're driving players out as well. 

Steel_bomber_ #19 Posted 18 July 2016 - 03:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

The game is almost dead, nothing gets better, it all gets worse after every patch.

It sure drove me away for some time, and I don't play as much as I could, sometimes I just don't feel like playing, even when I have time and can play.

Being from Europe I started to play some battles on the European server lately and I can say there are way more people online, even in the quiet hours. My ping is better too.

But still I keep playing on the US server, all due to the SSG clan.

But if I have to be honest, I hope for once they will implement a patch that does make sense.

THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

dityboycom #20 Posted 18 July 2016 - 04:11 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

lesbihonest, the game is pretty stout in its current state, if they got rid of bots, adjusted the match maker to 3v3 minimum but 60 second wait times to build larger games instead of launching whenever 3v3 was ready, I'd come back. I'm sure others would as well.

For that 1 they saved by adding bigger matches with make believe people, they lost 2 who couldn't be bothered with the meaningless fodder they added on the field to pad stats.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users