Jump to content


Humble in Victory - Gracious in Defeat "


  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

swarthgood #1 Posted 16 July 2016 - 04:38 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 13106 battles
  • 85
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    05-10-2014

I have not seen anybody address this topic, if it's out there somewhere - I apologize for the duplication. I have been flying a long time and have seen many things , BUT the Battle Chat I have witnessed and been subjected to over the last few months is absolutely DESPICABLE. The language used by some pilots (solo, and clan members) would make a sailor blush.  It is uncalled for - - and not necessary to get your point across - - YOU #$%^& you shot me down . #$%^& YOU - . I have been a Clan Commander at OWSS for just a brief period of time - - and now I get those issues presented to me first hand - - I appreciate when someone lets me know of OWSS pilots NOT comporting themselves like Gentleman WIN-LOSE- or DRAW.  The personal reputations and the Clan reputations of those that fly SHOULD be kept as high as the skies we all fly in.

YOU do that by NOT decimating "rookies/noobs" NO MATTER HOW poorly they fly, or how Idiotic and stupid - - - either.    We were all "ROOKIES/NOOBS once ourselves. The outcome of any BATTLE is what it is - - another FLIGHT in a game. A game played by "GROWN-UPS" or it is at least ideally supposed to be that  - using the language of "GROWNUPS" not that of a bunch of "hot head" teenagers starting or ending a bathroom brawl - -   Gentleman - - and I am speaking to all who fly - - CLEAN IT UP !   - - - Please- - your mothers could be out there flying an ALT account !  LOL

I would appreciate any and all comments you might have .       

    



losttwo #2 Posted 16 July 2016 - 04:48 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • 13,998
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

Despite the fact that most people will use the " grow a thicker skin " reply I do agree with you.

Which is why my chat is off more than on.

My opinion is that expletive language is a sign of an individual lacking in intelligence and up bringing.

As well as a lack of emotionally being able to control ones fear of not being good enough.

 

Go ahead and blame losing a match on what someone else does or doesn't do rather than take responsibility for your inability to carry a win.


Edited by losttwo, 16 July 2016 - 04:50 PM.


Z3M #3 Posted 16 July 2016 - 05:48 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 2281 battles
  • 101
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
Meh......the player base in this game is very nice.  Believe me, it could be far far far worse.  You should see how  the tankers talk.....haha.

Edited by Z3M, 16 July 2016 - 05:50 PM.


Marraskuu #4 Posted 16 July 2016 - 05:50 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 12445 battles
  • 944
  • [3MNKY] 3MNKY
  • Member since:
    03-10-2012

I totally agree. It's a game. I watched a guy playing golf not that long ago. He was good, but got mad if he missed a shot. Cursing, throwing clubs, etc. Why play if it annoys you so much. Same in this game. 

I don't turn chat off because that would be rude to the ones I like talking to.

Play the game. Have fun. Don't be a nether region.


 
 
Han shot first.

Porkins_Jr #5 Posted 16 July 2016 - 06:03 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 5,280
  • [BAGG] BAGG
  • Member since:
    12-10-2013
I agree, but I feel sorry for those who explode in rage each time they lose. They must have a rotten time, also the high blood pressure, strokes, heart attacks, and burst arteries this kind of behavior will ultimately cause.

Z3M #6 Posted 16 July 2016 - 06:13 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 2281 battles
  • 101
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
It is a game, but the competitive side of people often gets the better of them.  I get that.  As a whole though, the gaming community is very good in WOWP.  I am still rather new to the game after not playing since Beta, but rather surprised at the chat in game.  Friendly, if not down right courteous.Only one occasion of a dink and that was after the game was over.

pyantoryng #7 Posted 16 July 2016 - 06:16 PM

    Colonel

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2263 battles
  • 8,460
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostZ3M, on 16 July 2016 - 06:13 PM, said:

It is a game, but the competitive side of people often gets the better of them.  I get that.  As a whole though, the gaming community is very good in WOWP.  I am still rather new to the game after not playing since Beta, but rather surprised at the chat in game.  Friendly, if not down right courteous.Only one occasion of a dink and that was after the game was over.

 

There are no more than a couple hundreds of active players around at a given time, so...

 

...guess this is a good thing from having low pop...not that we are proud of it...



WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Z3M #8 Posted 16 July 2016 - 06:22 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 2281 battles
  • 101
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
I hope to be changing the population a little.  I have brought 2 more players with me and a possible 6 more who might start playing.  If Wargaming would just combine the garages with WOT.  It annoys me that I have logout of WOT to play WOWP.

Porkins_Jr #9 Posted 16 July 2016 - 06:26 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 5,280
  • [BAGG] BAGG
  • Member since:
    12-10-2013

View PostZ3M, on 16 July 2016 - 02:22 PM, said:

I hope to be changing the population a little.  I have brought 2 more players with me and a possible 6 more who might start playing.  If Wargaming would just combine the garages with WOT.  It annoys me that I have logout of WOT to play WOWP.

 

Cool! We need every pilot we can get, welcome back and thanks for your efforts.

BrushWolf #10 Posted 16 July 2016 - 06:38 PM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 80 battles
  • 5,907
  • [GWG] GWG
  • Member since:
    06-11-2012
Some level of rage seems to be part of every online game. We are lucky here that there is so little mostly because our population is so low but even before the population crash with 1.5 people were generally polite. There is more in WoWS but it isn't an every match thing like it seems to be in WoT.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

                             

 

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

 


Omega_Weapon #11 Posted 16 July 2016 - 06:47 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 607
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
Should never rage at your opponents. A player who shoots you down is just doing what he/she is supposed to do. It isn't fun to get shot down, so I rarely congratulate somebody for beating me. You can be annoyed, but keep it to yourself. They did nothing wrong. In fact they did something right if they managed to get you. If it helps remember that it doesn't always mean they beat you skill wise. Could be flying a better plane, have a better team, or just be extra lucky. Get over it and move on to the next match.


Z3M #12 Posted 16 July 2016 - 07:00 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 2281 battles
  • 101
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
I was really surprised Porkins when I started to play again.  It really is a enjoyable arcade game.  I have my own TS server and I invite anybody that would like to flight to jump and hit us up for some games.  We play multiple games, and all are welcome.  PM me in game for IP. 

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #13 Posted 16 July 2016 - 07:18 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 1407 battles
  • 4,959
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

View Postswarthgood, on 16 July 2016 - 11:38 AM, said:

I have not seen anybody address this topic, if it's out there somewhere - I apologize for the duplication. I have been flying a long time and have seen many things , BUT the Battle Chat I have witnessed and been subjected to over the last few months is absolutely DESPICABLE. The language used by some pilots (solo, and clan members) would make a sailor blush.  It is uncalled for - - and not necessary to get your point across - - YOU #$%^& you shot me down . #$%^& YOU - . I have been a Clan Commander at OWSS for just a brief period of time - - and now I get those issues presented to me first hand - - I appreciate when someone lets me know of OWSS pilots NOT comporting themselves like Gentleman WIN-LOSE- or DRAW.  The personal reputations and the Clan reputations of those that fly SHOULD be kept as high as the skies we all fly in.

YOU do that by NOT decimating "rookies/noobs" NO MATTER HOW poorly they fly, or how Idiotic and stupid - - - either.    We were all "ROOKIES/NOOBS once ourselves. The outcome of any BATTLE is what it is - - another FLIGHT in a game. A game played by "GROWN-UPS" or it is at least ideally supposed to be that  - using the language of "GROWNUPS" not that of a bunch of "hot head" teenagers starting or ending a bathroom brawl - -   Gentleman - - and I am speaking to all who fly - - CLEAN IT UP !   - - - Please- - your mothers could be out there flying an ALT account !  LOL

I would appreciate any and all comments you might have .       

    

I'd have ti disagree with entire foundation of your post. I find for the most part in game chat to be very civil. Yes there are a few occasions a night where a pilot acts like an idiot in chat but not enough to even bother commenting on. Maybe it's the upper tiers as I fly mostly below tier 7, maybe it was a bad night for you I don't know but I think it doesn't get brought up much is because for the most part it's not a real problem. :unsure:

 

 

 

 

 

 


if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


Steel_bomber_ #14 Posted 16 July 2016 - 07:31 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 1,519
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    12-28-2013
I do not feel addressed to, you are speaking of ALL,  leave me out of it please.
THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK
     
 
            

Porkins_Jr #15 Posted 16 July 2016 - 09:37 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 5,280
  • [BAGG] BAGG
  • Member since:
    12-10-2013

View PostZ3M, on 16 July 2016 - 03:00 PM, said:

I was really surprised Porkins when I started to play again.  It really is a enjoyable arcade game.  I have my own TS server and I invite anybody that would like to flight to jump and hit us up for some games.  We play multiple games, and all are welcome.  PM me in game for IP. 

 

Thanks man! I dont have a lot of time to play right now, but I will def keep that in mind.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users