Bot's and how they are picked for both sides

BOTS

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Eliodd_1 #1 Posted 14 July 2016 - 04:46 AM

Airman Basic

• 10522 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

I have to say for the longest time now it's always one-sided and I'm talking about the bot's killing bot's it's B.S.

If you have 1,2,3,4 human players it should be decided on their game play not the damned bot's. I would like to know what others think about this.

x_WARHOG_x #2 Posted 14 July 2016 - 05:01 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 29911 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostEliodd_1, on 13 July 2016 - 11:46 PM, said:

I have to say for the longest time now it's always one-sided and I'm talking about the bot's killing bot's it's B.S.

If you have 1,2,3,4 human players it should be decided on their game play not the damned bot's. I would like to know what others think about this.

That depends, Lets say you have a player in a 110 and the first thing he does is go low chasing a GA and gets popped then your down a heavy that should have been at altitude flying top cover for your team so if you lose it could be argued that players gameplay decided the match, If a player can carry a match one players actions could in theory doom a match.

Sneaking up on your six.....................

losttwo #3 Posted 14 July 2016 - 06:44 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Yes, the bots on the opposing team are picked and designed for you to loose.

That way it will give you an incentive to get better.

Once you start improving in your game play then the bots chosen for your team will start winning.

RedSpartacus #4 Posted 14 July 2016 - 02:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 17552 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S
When you fly a low or mid altitude light plane and your high flying bots get screwed leaving you with 6 or more enemies diving on your tail at the same time I would like to see a video from our good pilots how they handle this situation, because I would like to improve my game play.
  RUN WITH THE PACK

scipionmk #5 Posted 14 July 2016 - 03:42 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 28785 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostRedSpartacus, on 14 July 2016 - 03:38 PM, said:

When you fly a low or mid altitude light plane and your high flying bots get screwed leaving you with 6 or more enemies diving on your tail at the same time I would like to see a video from our good pilots how they handle this situation, because I would like to improve my game play.

View PostRedSpartacus, on 14 July 2016 - 03:38 PM, said:

Fly onhy high alt heavy or in rare ocasions planes which are doing good/well at high alt.

clodhoppr #6 Posted 14 July 2016 - 05:51 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 14521 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

Bot play has improved with the new patch.

Are they great and am I thrilled with them? No...

Am I satisfied enough to play more and enjoy most of the battles? Yes, definitely.

WARHOG is correct. Currently the number one determination of battles with multiple players is player XP. Players that choose to use poor strategies will not only doom themselves but their team.

Battles with one on one players will still depend a lot on bots to determine their outcomes; however, that is to be expected.

Using ways to guide your bots helps a LOT...

tyy #7 Posted 14 July 2016 - 05:53 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 27011 battles
  • [BLIST] BLIST
Ok...this is what i've noticed....there are those matches where you do all the right things...you get up high...pick your target and kill him but when you look up your team is down 5 or 6....that's frustrating but I'm not sure it happens too often to be random....however frustrating losses are more often the cause of having one or two bot ga at the end of the game unable to adjust their tactics....they keep churning away at ground targets when supremacy is not attainable and make no effort to engage that last smoking ga on the other side....I've seen bots pass up a head on shot just to keep pounding that fortification uselessly...I suspect lose more games like this than in blowouts 

tyy #8 Posted 14 July 2016 - 05:54 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 27011 battles
  • [BLIST] BLIST

Bot play has improved with the new patch.

Are they great and am I thrilled with them? No...

Am I satisfied enough to play more and enjoy most of the battles? Yes, definitely.

exactly

losttwo #9 Posted 14 July 2016 - 06:41 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Bots are placed like the old school playground games some of us played as children BEFORE game systems.

A veteran bots gets to pick who he wants on his team

B veteran bot gets to pick.....so on and so on.

If you have bad stats then you get picked last just like the wimpy kid that no one wanted on there team.

Key is to improve and get better so the BOTS will pick you first.

tyy #10 Posted 14 July 2016 - 07:53 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 27011 battles
  • [BLIST] BLIST
when I was a kid the wimpy kid was put in net for soccer or ball hockey....that was me and i became a real sharp goaltender

Edited by tyy, 14 July 2016 - 07:54 PM.

tyy #11 Posted 14 July 2016 - 07:55 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 27011 battles
  • [BLIST] BLIST
guys were so pissed when I made a spectacular save cuz i wasn't supposed to do that

Fokker_Father #12 Posted 15 July 2016 - 07:11 PM

Senior Airman

• 13223 battles
  • [THE-U] THE-U

I am really getting tired of getting killed by robotic pilots.  Today, more than half the time I got killed, it was by a bot!

Bots are the subject of a lot of controversy.   Before we had bots in regular matches, there was no controversy about bots!  Adding bots to regular matches, added the opportunity for more medals for more human pilots.  Adding bots to regular matches added the opportunity for the game supplier to drive more revenue!  So if you spend more money playing, maybe we can have less participation by robotic pilots. tic

I just got killed by a bot at T5.  Bots are computer programs.  If the programmer does not want the bot to miss on a shot, the bot will always get the kill, because it is a program.  That is not true of humans.  So, I got a partner and went back into a T5 battle.  One bot, killed me and my partner early in the battle, leaving the other team a winner.  That bot scored an ACE!  He, thus, was responsible for 50% of the kills by the enemy team.  I did not get any indication that I was being pursued by the bot that killed me.  No tic tic tic of bullets hitting my plane.  Just a BOOM, and I was dead.  If you are a programmer of robotic pilots, you can kill anyone any time you choose!   I for one, would welcome going back to regular battles with no robotic pilots, but I am afraid it is such a revenue driver that the game provider will never do that.  If not, then profile the bots, and add them to the HOF list so we can adjust to them the same way we have to adjust to fight the top pilots in the game.  Make their name and performance in the game the same each battle.

Bots appear, via training, to have 3 different skill levels.  It is not clear to me how bots are distributed to teams.  There are too many games where i am the only pilot on my team that scores a kill!  Make the bot pilot names and performance in the game the same each battle, so we can have a chance to adjust to them.   Then we will learn the top 100 bots from their lesser talented comrades.  Then we can have a chance to change our tactics to fit the opposing talent.

Eliodd_1 #13 Posted 16 July 2016 - 06:31 AM

Airman Basic

• 10522 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
Someone said it's to make you a better player hmm, Well I just played to in a row got ACE and still lost to BOTS lvl 7 Fighter. So what next I need to kill them all ?

Bubba_Zanetti #14 Posted 16 July 2016 - 07:14 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 29232 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostEliodd_1, on 16 July 2016 - 01:31 AM, said:

So what next I need to kill them all ?

fallanger #15 Posted 17 July 2016 - 12:10 PM

Master Sergeant

• 8133 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Anyone that believes the bot behavior is designed to improve player skills is smoking some really good dope. Bots can end the matches quickly and they are dialed in from the start, quicker matches means more people play. WE PAY TO PLAY in the broadest sense of the word, so bots theoretically get more folks that wish to play (humans) into the matches.

How many times, in a endless number of matches have you seen your own friendly or enemy bots simply melt away in the first few seconds of the match or you see really stupid behavior in post mortem as well. 

Folks this is a game run by a business, they wish to make money and keep people interested, has nothing at all to do with game satisfaction, unless your a game stat idiot and masturbate mentally over stats. With hacks and tools and bad advice, you would think that would be the problem...oh hell no.

If your the only human on your team, pray your on the WIN bot team and you will be fine. 

This is all just EGO golf and we only get short puts not birdies or eagles most of the time. 

If you can ignore the stupid bot speak and dialogue and focus on flying and aiming better you might get a little chub now and then, but its a complete waste of time and that is why we do it.

Enjoy or uninstall, nobody on the developers team really gives a damn anyway, its about buckets of money.

Any one old enough to remember taking a bucket of quarters to the arcade should appreciate this.

Its like VEGAS

nobody really wins.

Fokker_Father #16 Posted 19 July 2016 - 05:21 AM

Senior Airman

• 13223 battles
  • [THE-U] THE-U

View PostFokker_Father, on 15 July 2016 - 07:11 PM, said:

I am really getting tired of getting killed by robotic pilots.  Today, more than half the time I got killed, it was by a bot!

Bots are the subject of a lot of controversy.   Before we had bots in regular matches, there was no controversy about bots!  Adding bots to regular matches, added the opportunity for more medals for more human pilots.  Adding bots to regular matches added the opportunity for the game supplier to drive more revenue!  So if you spend more money playing, maybe we can have less participation by robotic pilots. tic

I just got killed by a bot at T5.  Bots are computer programs.  If the programmer does not want the bot to miss on a shot, the bot will always get the kill, because it is a program.  That is not true of humans.  So, I got a partner and went back into a T5 battle.  One bot, killed me and my partner early in the battle, leaving the other team a winner.  That bot scored an ACE!  He, thus, was responsible for 50% of the kills by the enemy team.  I did not get any indication that I was being pursued by the bot that killed me.  No tic tic tic of bullets hitting my plane.  Just a BOOM, and I was dead.  If you are a programmer of robotic pilots, you can kill anyone any time you choose!   I for one, would welcome going back to regular battles with no robotic pilots, but I am afraid it is such a revenue driver that the game provider will never do that.  If not, then profile the bots, and add them to the HOF list so we can adjust to them the same way we have to adjust to fight the top pilots in the game.  Make their name and performance in the game the same each battle.

Bots appear, via training, to have 3 different skill levels.  It is not clear to me how bots are distributed to teams.  There are too many games where i am the only pilot on my team that scores a kill!  Make the bot pilot names and performance in the game the same each battle, so we can have a chance to adjust to them.   Then we will learn the top 100 bots from their lesser talented comrades.  Then we can have a chance to change our tactics to fit the opposing talent.

I just do not understand what we are trying to do with these F---ing bots.  I just completed a battle.  I killed 5 of 10 but then got double teamed by 2 heavys that were turning like fighter pilots.  They killed me.  I am in an F3F which turns as good as any fighter.  They were in Ao-192s and fighting like they trained together daily.  They had 8 kills of 10 between them.  wth!  I am so frustrated I could quit this game!   We need a F--- You botton for the GD programmers that are creating these monsters.  YOU ARE KILLING PAYING CUSTOMERS!  DOES ANYONE THERE UNDERSTAND THAT????

losttwo #17 Posted 19 July 2016 - 11:53 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostFokker_Father, on 19 July 2016 - 12:21 AM, said:

I just do not understand what we are trying to do with these F---ing bots.  I just completed a battle.  I killed 5 of 10 but then got double teamed by 2 heavys that were turning like fighter pilots.  They killed me.  I am in an F3F which turns as good as any fighter.  They were in Ao-192s and fighting like they trained together daily.  They had 8 kills of 10 between them.  wth!  I am so frustrated I could quit this game!   We need a F--- You botton for the GD programmers that are creating these monsters.  YOU ARE KILLING PAYING CUSTOMERS!  DOES ANYONE THERE UNDERSTAND THAT????

One day SOON you will realize that there is no such thing as a paying customer in a FREE TO PLAY GAME.

It is a concept that will elude all but the most intelligent of people.

Here let me help you out a little bit.

Do you donate money to any charity ?

Do you ever volunteer your time for service work ?

Do you ever do anything and not expect anything in return ?

I can go on with an entire list of things.

The " play for free " game is designed to bait people into voluntarily giving up money for virtual goods and services.

You gain absolutely nothing by spending your money.

You are an " end user " that is voluntarily giving money to a company.

Caecias #18 Posted 19 July 2016 - 08:09 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 9005 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostRedSpartacus, on 14 July 2016 - 09:38 AM, said:

I would also like to see this from those presenting themselves as easily handling this situation, among other situations where its claimed such as a Tier V light fighter beating 3 heavies and 2 AA with rear gunners that never miss, even with the best evasive flying effort, after being damaged having to pick up the slack for bots that never scored a hit.

Not to change gears so fast, but today alone, in three different matches, I was left with one enemy left on the other side of the map; an AA.  I had the majority of the kills in each of these three matches,

One by one all bots on my team crashed - none of them were AAs.  4 in one situation, 5 in the other two.  Only two bot planes had a kill or two... one match, no bot kills.  The situation at hand left me little time to grab the last AA, and as time sped up (superiority time), I lost each of the three matches, partially destroying the last plane. "Time" ran out yet there was 7 min, 5 min and 4 min left on the clock each time... .

I find this absurd on all levels.  I have seen better AI programming on a PEZ dispenser.  The chance of this happening? I cant even fathom the degree of which this is random chance; and I am a paying customer.  I wonder if I pay more, do I win more? This is also absurd...

View Postlosttwo, on 14 July 2016 - 01:44 AM, said:

Yes, the bots on the opposing team are picked and designed for you to loose.

That way it will give you an incentive to get better.

Once you start improving in your game play then the bots chosen for your team will start winning.

My reply to Red shows your universal claims here to be utterly falsified 3x, and that is only today.

Bot behavior is atrocious, and MM's obvious trivialization of matching players and bots only by plane, and not XP or rate, exacerbates the issue.

Edited by Caecias, 19 July 2016 - 09:37 PM.

losttwo #19 Posted 19 July 2016 - 08:34 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostCaecias, on 19 July 2016 - 03:09 PM, said:

My reply to clod shows your universal claims here to be utterly falsified 3x, and that is only today.

Bot behavior is atrocious, and MM's obvious trivialization of matching players and bots only by plane, and not XP or rate, exacerbates the issue.

ROFLMAO.....I really enjoy when my comments go flying way above someone head.

However, give time and they will understand...so we will all be patient.

Caecias #20 Posted 19 July 2016 - 09:23 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 9005 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View Postlosttwo, on 19 July 2016 - 03:34 PM, said:

ROFLMAO.....I really enjoy when my comments go flying way above someone head.

However, give time and they will understand...so we will all be patient.

Oh I got your post... All meanings.  Now tell us again how great and smart you are and stuff...

Oh wait.  Don't.  I dont care. 

You are adorable sometimes.  Its so easy to see through the thin skin.  Notice how I didn't go personal until you did... and that I originally kept it about your statement(s), on the face of it, as presented.   Easier than fishing in a barrel stocked full of keepers. 

Edited by Caecias, 19 July 2016 - 09:35 PM.

Also tagged with BOTS

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users