G.A.T.P. (Global Alpha Test Pilot)

• 5517 battles
  • [332ND] 332ND
blow·out
ˈblōˌout/
noun
plural noun: blowouts
  1. 1.
    a sudden rupture or malfunction of a part or an apparatus due to pressure, in particular the bursting of an automobile tire.
  2. NORTH AMERICANinformal
    an easy victory in a sporting contest or an election.
    "they had lost seven games—four by blowouts and three by slim margins"

the recent blowout battles as of the latest patch are getting silly.

If your on the winning side its great , but remember whats great for you means 1-2 players on the other side are sitting there going what just happened.

having a battle where all enemy bandits are "killed" and the only kills by the enemy are by humans. is not a thing CONDUCIVE to long term game play WE NEED THIS Fixed.

and not the back and forth fixes as of late where you go from one extream to the other , find that happy middle ground 

Edited by FreeFOXMIKE, 09 July 2016 - 10:40 AM.

332 Virtual  Fighter  Group

Steel_bomber_ #2 Posted 09 July 2016 - 10:42 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Those happened in 1.4 too.

They only happen 20-25% of the times to me, sometimes it's just too hard to counter stupid.

THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

FreeFOXMIKE #3 Posted 09 July 2016 - 11:09 AM

G.A.T.P. (Global Alpha Test Pilot)

• 5517 battles
  • [332ND] 332ND

View PostSteel_bomber_, on 09 July 2016 - 04:42 AM, said:

They only happen 20-25% of the times to me, sometimes it's just too hard to counter stupid.

but as of late we get many in a row , back to back wins , or losses. 

332 Virtual  Fighter  Group

losttwo #4 Posted 09 July 2016 - 11:25 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 10973 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

What do you think an acceptable match should look like.

Think about it it for a minute.

Should the matches all be running on a 1 kill versus 1 kill basis resulting in 1 vs 1 match ?

Or should a 10 vs 10 match where the better team woks together resulting in a blow out.

Blow outs happen because of a point of one team being out numbered. Making it possible to achieve an ACE or better.

Team work with in a match should, in my opinion, result in blow outs.

What is the logical course of a 2:1 fight or 3:1 or even 4:1

Many matches start with 10 vs 10 > 1 plane gets shot down > 10 vs 9 leaving one extra plane to work with another for a 2:1 team.

enemy losses 1 more plane. now it is 10 versus 8......and so on.

Steel_bomber_ #5 Posted 09 July 2016 - 11:32 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostFreeFOXMIKE, on 09 July 2016 - 12:09 PM, said:

but as of late we get many in a row , back to back wins , or losses. 

You mean: but as of late I get many in a row........

Lots of other people have good win rates so it must be something you are doing (or not doing?)

THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

losttwo #6 Posted 09 July 2016 - 12:25 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 10973 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Yet to add to the blow outs one must also look at how the ramming mechanics have changed.

It no longer is a 1 to 1 kill ratio for ramming.

Now one plane can ram 2 or three planes making a match uneven.

In a 10 vs 10 match and 1 plane rams 2 leaving a 10 vs 8.

Now there are 3 planes to focus on 1 enemy.

My opinion and only mine, is that blowouts are a logical course of action in matches.

spanks2 #7 Posted 09 July 2016 - 02:45 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1160 battles

View Postlosttwo, on 09 July 2016 - 12:25 PM, said:

Yet to add to the blow outs one must also look at how the ramming mechanics have changed.

It no longer is a 1 to 1 kill ratio for ramming.

Now one plane can ram 2 or three planes making a match uneven.

In a 10 vs 10 match and 1 plane rams 2 leaving a 10 vs 8.

Now there are 3 planes to focus on 1 enemy.

My opinion and only mine, is that blowouts are a logical course of action in matches.

Especially when we are seeing newer players taking themselves out of the battle by diving for the first GA he/she sees and/or using a fighter (light or heavy) as a ground pounder.

And last but not least, the all favorite bot (or player) that crashes at the beginning and/or middle and/or end of the battle.

iosttwo's explanation is a perfect example as to why staying alive is more important than getting kills; therefore, ramming to kill, even if killed, is NOT good strategy.

My issue with blowouts: 1. being on the receiving team (crushed team) with more than one bot that did little to nothing and 2. the winning team having a bot(s) that kicked a** (ace or better) while the rest of its team did little or nothing.

Edited by clodhoppr1, 09 July 2016 - 02:46 PM.

Rosebud #8 Posted 09 July 2016 - 02:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20 battles
I would agree with the poster. having played since closed Beta I have seen blowouts. They occurred when there were only humans playing, but no where near the frequency of now. I don't know if there is anything they can do about it however. It may be the price we pay for playing a very low population game. Frankly I  personally enjoyed the 3 vs. 3 games containing only humans. At the very least I didn't have to read the inane tripe that WG believes is humanizing the BoT's.

Steel_bomber_ #9 Posted 09 July 2016 - 03:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostRosebud, on 09 July 2016 - 03:49 PM, said:

I would agree with the poster. having played since closed Beta I have seen blowouts. They occurred when there were only humans playing, but no where near the frequency of now. I don't know if there is anything they can do about it however. It may be the price we pay for playing a very low population game. Frankly I  personally enjoyed the 3 vs. 3 games containing only humans. At the very least I didn't have to read the inane tripe that WG believes is humanizing the BoT's.

Two months ago I started to play on the European server (I am from the Netherlands, and live there).

I see way more players in 15v15 battles (like 6-9 on each team in my mornings, I haven't played in my evenings yet because then I then fly with SSG). believe me blowouts occur with so many players too. I have not reached tier 6 yet, so can not say this for the higher tiers.

THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #10 Posted 09 July 2016 - 03:40 PM

Major

• 1520 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

If a hundred people keep flipping a coin, sooner or later one person will get seven or eight heads or tails in a row.

If you buy a dark blue Ford Taurus you will see many more of them than you ever have (or it will seem that way.)

If you play this game in a paranoid state WG has an algorithm to detect that and will adjust the StalkerBot™ to start effin with your mind. 

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

spanks2 #11 Posted 09 July 2016 - 04:08 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1160 battles

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 09 July 2016 - 03:40 PM, said:

If a hundred people keep flipping a coin, sooner or later one person will get seven or eight heads or tails in a row.

If you buy a dark blue Ford Taurus you will see many more of them than you ever have (or it will seem that way.)

If you play this game in a paranoid state WG has an algorithm to detect that and will adjust the StalkerBot™ to start effin with your mind. 

....and if you keep listening to those voices in your head eventually you're gonna start believing what they say...

BrushWolf #12 Posted 09 July 2016 - 05:40 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 80 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostSteel_bomber_, on 09 July 2016 - 05:42 AM, said:

They have always been with us and with the recent changes to the bots they will follow one of the players until the merge occurs. Previous incarnations of the bots would randomly wander around and the bots that stayed more grouped would almost always wipe out their counterparts with few losses and if you were in the wrong plane you had no chance to pull off a win.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

Psicko23 #13 Posted 09 July 2016 - 08:41 PM

First Lieutenant

• 62 battles
For the most part I like the fact that the bots follow the humans, until I have a stupid human that shoots straight to battle or dives ok the ga or first plane they see. That's generally how I lose a game, or I lose to a better pilot or flight of better pilots. I call the battle to the bots and they usually listen and act out my commands. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users