Jump to content


New update


  • Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

SHOCKOJAMBO #1 Posted 30 June 2016 - 11:37 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 246
  • Member since:
    11-22-2013
Wow has to be the worst update. WG what a bunch of morons you guys are. If you want to kill your game just close it down

EspressoForHammy #2 Posted 30 June 2016 - 11:45 AM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • 4,462
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
What's so bad about it?

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

 


Steel_bomber_ #3 Posted 30 June 2016 - 11:45 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 1,519
  • [SS-G1] SS-G1
  • Member since:
    12-28-2013

Very constructive (not that it matters, they won't do anything with it), I haven't played yet but what is wrong with this "update" ?

 

They changed things that needed not to be changed??


THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK
     
 
            

SHOCKOJAMBO #4 Posted 30 June 2016 - 11:52 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 246
  • Member since:
    11-22-2013
See for yourself.... game will be dead.

Porkins_Jr #5 Posted 30 June 2016 - 12:16 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 5,280
  • [BAGG] BAGG
  • Member since:
    12-10-2013
What's bad about it is it makes no sense. Lower wait times AND more humans in battles? How can both of those things happen they are basically mutually exclusive.

Steel_bomber_ #6 Posted 30 June 2016 - 12:17 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 1,519
  • [SS-G1] SS-G1
  • Member since:
    12-28-2013

View PostSHOCKOJAMBO, on 30 June 2016 - 12:52 PM, said:

See for yourself.... game will be dead.

 

Haven't we heard it all before, but still after so many battles we all keep playing?
THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK
     
 
            

SHOCKOJAMBO #7 Posted 30 June 2016 - 12:31 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 246
  • Member since:
    11-22-2013

Bots stay right by your side and the first plane you see at 12k is a Japanese plane and  every other plane is up that high if not higher than you. Porky you play IL's so the game will never effect you.

 

Content Moderated by Volier_Zcit.


Edited by Volier_Zcit, 02 July 2016 - 06:40 AM.


Spanks007 #8 Posted 30 June 2016 - 12:40 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 4165 battles
  • 456
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK
  • Member since:
    02-13-2013

View PostSHOCKOJAMBO, on 30 June 2016 - 11:52 AM, said:

See for yourself.... game will be dead.

 

Be more specific SHOCKO. I played some this morning (tiers 7 and 8) and didn't see obvious changes. In fact, it seemed like the bots stayed at higher alts longer and interacted with me better??

On the other hand, I don't think they were supposed to mess with the bots in this minnie patch.

Clearly you experienced badness!

 



Spanks007 #9 Posted 30 June 2016 - 12:41 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 4165 battles
  • 456
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK
  • Member since:
    02-13-2013

View PostSHOCKOJAMBO, on 30 June 2016 - 12:31 PM, said:

Bots stay right by your side and the first plane you see at 12k is a Japanese plane and  every other plane is up that high if not higher than you. Porky you play IL's so the game will never effect you.
 
Content Moderated by Volier_Zcit.

 

Sorry SHOCKO, I saw your last post after I sent my previous one...


Edited by Volier_Zcit, 02 July 2016 - 06:41 AM.


soydivision #10 Posted 30 June 2016 - 12:59 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Alpha tester
  • 611 battles
  • 189
  • [HVAR] HVAR
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
Gotta agree with shocko on this one.  The new bot behavior is bananas... the bots on your side basically mob up and follow you around the map like a herd.  This is going to be exploited heavily if left as is.

dityboycom #11 Posted 30 June 2016 - 01:29 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 1 battle
  • 9,287
  • [BAGG] BAGG
  • Member since:
    08-23-2014
I guess I'm coming back to pad some STATS BAY BEE!!!

losttwo #12 Posted 30 June 2016 - 01:40 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 13745 battles
  • 16,613
  • [SS-G1] SS-G1
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

We all know Wargaming is incapable of correcting mistakes or rolling anything back so either go with the flow and exploit the F out of it or stop playing.

Does not good to BMW



cqiyuan #13 Posted 30 June 2016 - 02:05 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 253 battles
  • 1,058
  • [X3M] X3M
  • Member since:
    05-22-2014

View Postlosttwo, on 30 June 2016 - 01:40 PM, said:

We all know Wargaming is incapable of correcting mistakes or rolling anything back so either go with the flow and exploit the F out of it or stop playing.

Does not good to BMW

 

This is true. 



Porkins_Jr #14 Posted 30 June 2016 - 03:32 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 5,280
  • [BAGG] BAGG
  • Member since:
    12-10-2013

View Postdityboycom, on 30 June 2016 - 09:29 AM, said:

I guess I'm coming back to pad some STATS BAY BEE!!!

 

:D

General_Lee_Miserable #15 Posted 30 June 2016 - 04:18 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 329 battles
  • 1,624
  • Member since:
    07-27-2013

Shocko is mad because it conflicts with his and that little sidekick of his strategy, which in itself was an exploitation of the game mechanics.

 

I weep no tear for you, sir. 



dityboycom #16 Posted 30 June 2016 - 04:27 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 1 battle
  • 9,287
  • [BAGG] BAGG
  • Member since:
    08-23-2014

View PostDrewthesteelman, on 30 June 2016 - 12:18 PM, said:

Shocko is mad because it conflicts with his and that little sidekick of his strategy, which in itself was an exploitation of aerial combat.

 

I weep no tear for you, sir. 

 

FTFY

incineindine #17 Posted 30 June 2016 - 04:55 PM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 5
  • Member since:
    02-27-2014

View PostDrewthesteelman, on 30 June 2016 - 04:18 PM, said:

Shocko is mad because it conflicts with his and that little sidekick of his strategy, which in itself was an exploitation of the game mechanics.

 

I weep no tear for you, sir. 

 

If theres an exploit to be had he will adjust his "style" and wear it out until its fixed. His gameplay will triple meanwhile he'll whine and cry bout how bad it sux on these broads. 

Caecias #18 Posted 30 June 2016 - 04:56 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 233 battles
  • 428
  • Member since:
    06-22-2016

View Postsoydivision, on 30 June 2016 - 07:59 AM, said:

Gotta agree with shocko on this one.  The new bot behavior is bananas... the bots on your side basically mob up and follow you around the map like a herd.  This is going to be exploited heavily if left as is.

 

I suppose this is intended to mimic a "welded wing" flight strategy?  I haven't played the new patch yet, but I would think constructive feedback would help fine tune this, or change it, and even give birth to expanding AI improvements all around...   I think your comment is in line with this sentiment, btw.

 

If this is indeed a welded wing flight strategy, it should be noted that in later WWII it was abandoned by most (here in USA); in the 50's I believe Boots Bess (could be some one else I am mixing up here - memory is foggy in this ill dog) wrote something about why that was the case, and argued for a more dynamic team flying approach; one that seeded the theoretical basis of what we use today (with the advent of lock-on technology). 


Edited by Caecias, 30 June 2016 - 05:29 PM.

 

 


soydivision #19 Posted 30 June 2016 - 05:39 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Alpha tester
  • 611 battles
  • 189
  • [HVAR] HVAR
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostCaecias, on 30 June 2016 - 11:56 AM, said:

 

I suppose this is intended to mimic a "welded wing" flight strategy?  I haven't played the new patch yet, but I would think constructive feedback would help fine tune this, or change it, and even give birth to expanding AI improvements all around...   I think your comment is in line with this sentiment, btw.

 

If this is indeed a welded wing flight strategy, it should be noted that in later WWII it was abandoned by most (here in USA); in the 50's I believe Boots Bess (could be some one else I am mixing up here - memory is foggy in this ill dog) wrote something about why that was the case, and argued for a more dynamic team flying approach; one that seeded the theoretical basis of what we use today (with the advent of lock-on technology). 

 

What I saw was the bots "blobbing" up and following the player around.  Literally, right after the match started, they all started flying to the SE corner and once I flew over to check it out, they all coalesced behind me and followed my lead (GA just flew towards enemy GT and did not follow).  

 

I mean it was kinda cool in a way to have my own flight of eight bots as I flew around the map looking for the enemy player, but I have some concerns about what kind of 'meta' this will introduce.  I guess at the end of the day, this will be pretty bad news for some players, and great news for others depending on how you can influence your bots.

 

Not sure what happens when more than one human is present, didn't have enough time to test.



Caecias #20 Posted 30 June 2016 - 05:51 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 233 battles
  • 428
  • Member since:
    06-22-2016

View Postsoydivision, on 30 June 2016 - 12:39 PM, said:

 

What I saw was the bots "blobbing" up and following the player around.  Literally, right after the match started, they all started flying to the SE corner and once I flew over to check it out, they all coalesced behind me and followed my lead (GA just flew towards enemy GT and did not follow).  

 

I mean it was kinda cool in a way to have my own flight of eight bots as I flew around the map looking for the enemy player, but I have some concerns about what kind of 'meta' this will introduce.  I guess at the end of the day, this will be pretty bad news for some players, and great news for others depending on how you can influence your bots.

 

Not sure what happens when more than one human is present, didn't have enough time to test.

 

I would think breaking up the "blob" group into subgroups would be possible...  and even tactically situated depending on the battle. That's a lot of AI to get in there though...

 

 





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users