AA gun behavior

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

pyantoryng #21 Posted 27 June 2016 - 08:46 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2228 battles

View PostNoreaga, on 27 June 2016 - 08:30 PM, said:

me too brought out my Spit 1 before i lost my comp and freakin thing sparkled up every damn time i used my alienirons. Drachacks.exe was the name of the chat. 

Best/worst alien event was when the slepnir was allowed into pub matches, fun change, worst plane ever.

Goes from stall too max speed in 1sec but exhausts its boost as fast, lazer lighting fire at 1000% chance but heats real fast (seems like an experiment for the F-94D with its single 6000rpm Vulcan setup)...

Fun times, though.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Caecias #22 Posted 28 June 2016 - 12:31 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 233 battles

View PostPorkins_Jr, on 27 June 2016 - 09:23 AM, said:

It's true, and it is a frustrating part of the GA game. Some AA emplacements can hit you (somehow) while you can't hit them as they are behind other structures. It's a minor thing that requires a minor fix and should really be done.

On another point...are you a Wilbury re-roll account? :amazed:

I agree its minor...  but absurd even still.

Wilbury re-roll? Not sure I understand this reference.

Edited by Caecias, 28 June 2016 - 06:43 AM.

Caecias #23 Posted 28 June 2016 - 12:33 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 233 battles

View PostNoreaga, on 27 June 2016 - 12:31 PM, said:

lazer aa that ignores the laws of physcis followed closely by someone screaming in chat " I am going for the base".

OP i notice that too sometimes, it could also be that you are setting up your attack runs too low. Gain more alt before each run and come in at a higher angle of attack (flaps and cut engine lets GA's float for a few seconds).

in terms of things that need fixing, that one is pretty low level in terms of priority, most probably will be fixed next patch. 

Yeah - that's what I ended up doing; taking this tactic once I noticed the dark matter properties of the AA projectile.

Cheers!

Edited by Caecias, 28 June 2016 - 02:55 AM.

Porkins_Jr #24 Posted 30 June 2016 - 12:03 AM

Major

• 0 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostCaecias, on 27 June 2016 - 08:31 PM, said:

Wilbury re-roll? Not sure I understand this reference.

Your writing style reminds me of a long-lost member of this forum. Just wondering if maybe you are him in a new incarnation.

Caecias #25 Posted 30 June 2016 - 05:06 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 233 battles

View PostPorkins_Jr, on 29 June 2016 - 07:03 PM, said:

Your writing style reminds me of a long-lost member of this forum. Just wondering if maybe you are him in a new incarnation.

I can understand that... but I am about 20 years younger than what Wilbury's profile photo depicts.  Looks like a fine soul, and philosophical at that. 

But no, I am not him.  I have been accused of being a re-roll / alt account four times in the past two days...  I call it an accusation but only in jest.  I'll take it as flattery, but humbly reject the claim.  Nothing special here; just lucky here to start; and not all that unfamiliar with the mechanics of flight - virtually or otherwise.

I hope you find  and reunite with your friend.

Edited by Caecias, 30 June 2016 - 05:07 AM.

Porkins_Jr #26 Posted 30 June 2016 - 11:23 AM

Major

• 0 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostCaecias, on 30 June 2016 - 01:06 AM, said:

I can understand that... but I am about 20 years younger than what Wilbury's profile photo depicts.  Looks like a fine soul, and philosophical at that. 

But no, I am not him.  I have been accused of being a re-roll / alt account four times in the past two days...  I call it an accusation but only in jest.  I'll take it as flattery, but humbly reject the claim.  Nothing special here; just lucky here to start; and not all that unfamiliar with the mechanics of flight - virtually or otherwise.

I hope you find  and reunite with your friend.

Ok, I accept that you are not him - although this post denying you are him sounds exactly like him! :D

Edited by Porkins_Jr, 30 June 2016 - 11:29 AM.

Agnotology #27 Posted 30 June 2016 - 04:28 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 627 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

How I felt in my IL-40 pre-tail gunner nerf

Post tail gunner nerf

Edited by Agnotology, 30 June 2016 - 04:29 PM.

Porkins_Jr #28 Posted 30 June 2016 - 04:35 PM

Major

• 0 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostAgnotology, on 30 June 2016 - 12:28 PM, said:

How I felt in my IL-40 pre-tail gunner nerf

With the right TG skills you can bring the IL-40 gunner back up to *near* what it was pre-nerf.

With the same skills, the NC 1070 TG can be *better* than the IL-40 pre-nerf.

Which means it will soon be nerfed.

Caecias #29 Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:16 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 233 battles

View PostPorkins_Jr, on 30 June 2016 - 06:23 AM, said:

Ok, I accept that you are not him - although this post denying you are him sounds exactly like him! :D

But, no.  I have no idea what you are talking about... Is this how all new members are treated?  Is there a congenial aspect of welcome at all among veteran players in this forum?  Part of what I noticed in this forum is a collective mentality of cowardice and paranoia - I reject your insinuation outright... and this time without jest.

It's a ridiculous assumption - I am quickly being turned off from this toxic environment.  I thought this was a place for adults to have a little fun and exchange ideas honestly and without suspect?

Moreover - epic fail  - I happen to be highly trained in linguistics - I have read Willie's posts and we are not even close with word choice nor sentence construction.  Moreover, feel free to copy any of what I posted, along with his, and run it through Google's linguistic tools...

Edited by Caecias, 30 June 2016 - 06:21 PM.

Porkins_Jr #30 Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:54 PM

Major

• 0 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostCaecias, on 30 June 2016 - 02:16 PM, said:

But, no.  I have no idea what you are talking about... Is this how all new members are treated?  Is there a congenial aspect of welcome at all among veteran players in this forum?  Part of what I noticed in this forum is a collective mentality of cowardice and paranoia - I reject your insinuation outright... and this time without jest.

It's a ridiculous assumption - I am quickly being turned off from this toxic environment.  I thought this was a place for adults to have a little fun and exchange ideas honestly and without suspect?

Moreover - epic fail  - I happen to be highly trained in linguistics - I have read Willie's posts and we are not even close with word choice nor sentence construction.  Moreover, feel free to copy any of what I posted, along with his, and run it through Google's linguistic tools...

Dude, I'm just kidding around.

When I was new here I was a complete [edited], though, so I can't really say anything...

EspressoForHammy #31 Posted 01 July 2016 - 04:15 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostCaecias, on 30 June 2016 - 01:16 PM, said:

I thought this was a place for adults to have a little fun and exchange ideas honestly and without suspect?

You thought wrong. This IS the place for adults (and some non-adults) to have a little fun.

But you are not fun, PT. You are not having any, nor trying to allow others to have any. Every time someone tries to have a little fun with you, you get butt-hurt and lash out, treating everything as if it were a personal attack. Hiding behind a new persona is the furthest iteration of the cowardice that you supposedly see in everyone else.

Lighten up and at least try to play your new personality off as a decent person. :popcorn:

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users