Bot's have now gone Stupid!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

FreeFOXMIKE #1 Posted 23 June 2016 - 10:26 PM

G.A.T.P. (Global Alpha Test Pilot)

• 18027 battles
  • [332ND] 332ND

to the person, and or persons that reworked the Bots for the new updates

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Now I don't  complain  about the bots in the pass as they acted much like real players. but the current line of @%%&%*&^*^((&(& Bots have gone stupid they dash in front of you as your making a Kill now stealing the kill I don't mind so much as a win is a team thing , But getting rammed by they at least once a day is getting to be a bit much . Its always the same they dash in my line of fire trying for the kill depart then ram me from th rear and below  I have have enough of  these %%**^^^ bot In this $^%&^(^(*& game  to quote S, Jackson.

If I where new it my run me to another game.

332 Virtual  Fighter  Group

losttwo #2 Posted 23 June 2016 - 11:20 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Yeah I have noticed more frequent close calls and more TEAM damage from bots.

Today alone I killed 4 friendly bots from them ramming me ( I was in the better plane ).

So busy checking the situation with the enemy bots I don't have time to watch for friendly bots attacking.

I know I play as if I am the only player on the team but for friendly bots to treat me like the enemy, just to much.

DInk_Spinkley #3 Posted 23 June 2016 - 11:58 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 10964 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

me three.

A lot more friendly ramming and lawndarting

My wife said if I can make money playing video games, she'd leave me alone, so....

TeamTerrible #4 Posted 24 June 2016 - 12:21 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 44598 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

For the record....any bot who team rams me just announced it doesn't have the power to report team killing

Like it matters........... WG never does anything even if you send a replay

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #5 Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:41 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 19946 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View PostTeamTerrible, on 23 June 2016 - 07:21 PM, said:

For the record....any bot who team rams me just announced it doesn't have the power to report team killing

Bots have a "Ghost" in the Machine that changes the message you send in to report misbehaving Bots... they have also implemented a "Torrent like" program to control your every move. Was that a blinking light, a camera or a micro flybot

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Pogo68 #6 Posted 24 June 2016 - 03:20 AM

• 17650 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

The increased team damage being done by the bots seems to be a function of the mindless AI swarm attack.

3-6 fighters chasing the exact same one, all of them trying to get the kill and getting in each other's way and shooting through each other to get the kill.

Every so often when I get pissed off enough I shift fire and send the offending bot reeling away trailing smoke.

It will cost me xp, credits and probably the game but who cares.

Edited by Pogo68, 24 June 2016 - 03:22 AM.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

Caecias #7 Posted 24 June 2016 - 05:54 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7539 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostPogo68, on 23 June 2016 - 10:20 PM, said:

The increased team damage being done by the bots seems to be a function of the mindless AI swarm attack.

3-6 fighters chasing the exact same one, all of them trying to get the kill and getting in each other's way and shooting through each other to get the kill.

Every so often when I get pissed off enough I shift fire and send the offending bot reeling away trailing smoke.

It will cost me xp, credits and probably the game but who cares.

The swarms are irrationally intense - to say the least about them.  I found I had to unload on a 57 (on my team) if not for a few seconds just to blow off some steam....

Edited by Caecias, 24 June 2016 - 02:41 PM.

FreeFOXMIKE #8 Posted 24 June 2016 - 10:30 AM

• 18027 battles
  • [332ND] 332ND

View PostTeamTerrible, on 23 June 2016 - 06:21 PM, said:

oh they will reply but like they did for me one time they replied to the wrong game . Got the forum  latter for tanks on a plane question. 

FreeFOXMIKE #9 Posted 24 June 2016 - 10:36 AM

• 18027 battles
  • [332ND] 332ND

three thing have increased after the last update in the way of bots

1. lawn darting

2. mid air collisions with teammates

3. swarming in to steal the kill

this is not beneficial to new nor older players.  

losttwo #10 Posted 24 June 2016 - 11:29 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
I have seen LESS lawndarting but the other 2 have been true.

Porkins_Jr #11 Posted 24 June 2016 - 05:10 PM

Major

• 14402 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View Postlosttwo, on 24 June 2016 - 07:29 AM, said:

I have seen LESS lawndarting but the other 2 have been true.

Everyone was dead on my team except a GA bot. The other team had a LF bot with a tiny amount of hp left. A win for our team, right?

WRONG. The GA banked at about 30 degress, executed an elegant turn, and gracefully plowed into a mountain.

Edited by Porkins_Jr, 24 June 2016 - 05:11 PM.

Pogo68 #12 Posted 24 June 2016 - 08:16 PM

• 17650 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View PostPorkins_Jr, on 24 June 2016 - 09:10 AM, said:

Everyone was dead on my team except a GA bot. The other team had a LF bot with a tiny amount of hp left. A win for our team, right?

WRONG. The GA banked at about 30 degress, executed an elegant turn, and gracefully plowed into a mountain.

Similar experience

Bot flown French GA, nice easy victory, last enemy plane a badly damaged human flown fighter.

The enemy was half a map away from the bot, when the bot pushed his stick forward and nose dived into the ground.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

losttwo #13 Posted 24 June 2016 - 09:11 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostPorkins_Jr, on 24 June 2016 - 12:10 PM, said:

View PostPogo68, on 24 June 2016 - 03:16 PM, said:

Similar experience

Bot flown French GA, nice easy victory, last enemy plane a badly damaged human flown fighter.

The enemy was half a map away from the bot, when the bot pushed his stick forward and nose dived into the ground.

I did say LESS.

FreeFOXMIKE #14 Posted 25 June 2016 - 06:38 AM

• 18027 battles
  • [332ND] 332ND
 Think ( and this is just my opinion) they programmed the bots to crash to speed up the game play of only one is left, as I have seen this a lot as of late. 

TeamTerrible #15 Posted 25 June 2016 - 07:09 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 44598 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostFreeFOXMIKE, on 24 June 2016 - 05:30 AM, said:

oh they will reply but like they did for me one time they replied to the wrong game . Got the forum  latter for tanks on a plane question. 

Yeah lets see i've read the same reply enough.....

Thank you for your report and while we cannot provide you the details rest assured they will be flying tomorrow like nothing ever happened

and come to think of it yeah one time Tanks was happy to help with me with a Warplanes issue as well.....

God would i love to see the survey results that are offered after an uninstall

BCB77B #16 Posted 25 June 2016 - 01:19 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5731 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

I've seen them crash too but only when I am shooting at them at any time in the game. Sometimes you get credit other times not.

Point is in real war pilots crash...they also get killed in the cockpit and the plane goes down without much damage.

Capt_Radmo #17 Posted 15 July 2016 - 12:06 PM

Master Sergeant

• 26926 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH
It seems now the bots have changed on the upper tears ! Instead of keeping a decent formation now they want to follow you all over the map .. The change that they made actually wants you to commit suicide and keep your plane up front ! I understand this is artificial intelligence but common sense will tell you this has to be a team effort when dealing with aerial combat . The sad part of the game is they actually control who wins and who loses. The game developers need to put away their business degrees and start using some common sense ! For instance I'm told they go by historical concepts when they developed this game... If so why is the AA firing at me in close combat dog fighting with an enemy plane. I'm taking damage but the enemy aircraft that I'm engaging is not and he's only 150 to 200 m away from me.. Another subject at another time. I did play world of warships and I've gotten a lot of surveys from them and they actually have changed the game for their players and the results are staggering !  World of war planes should use world of warships as an example of how to listen to There players.. Anyway I'm probably wasting my time writing this .. Take care everyone good hunting .

Pogo68 #18 Posted 15 July 2016 - 10:30 PM

• 17650 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

A6M5- 52

Plateau

14 July 2016

At the merge, engaged hostile Spitfire,
Destroyed Spitfire as it dove for the deck.

Looking up, saw last friendly fighter destroyed.
Ducked to spires "I call them Devil's Towers"  west of south base

As I did a series of vertical reversals at the base of the rock formation I saw 5 of the enemy bots hit the ground.

I then hooked under the last enemy fighter and shot it down.

At this point the enemy JU-87 crashed, and I shot down the last enemy plane, an HS 129

Yep no problem here.

Edit

Happened again 16 0715, got most of the surviving bot fighters to crash into the dam in the dam map.

Then this AM 16 0716, bot TSh-2 did a u-turn and dove into the ground at a fairly shallow dive, 5 maybe 10 deg, after I made a single attack run at it.

Edited by Pogo68, 16 July 2016 - 06:34 PM.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP

Caecias #19 Posted 24 July 2016 - 09:03 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7539 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

Just bumping this thread - watching bots crash when the home team has a clear advantage to win... its ridiculous and aburd to think this warrants any sor t of fair play, let alone competitive enterprise. Want more of my money?  Fix the AI, fix the path finding.  I have been on way too many teams where all bots crash - heavies, attack aircraft, fighters....  and give up superiority and lose.  Fix the game.  

They may be better than the past - as some users have noted - but its not adequate; not even remotely decent. If you want to impress bots within, which I do agree with in many senses, they should at least have the basic ability to path find and not crash when their is no critical damage to their planes.

Bandet #20 Posted 29 July 2016 - 03:45 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2468 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Wait, you are saying that you are complaining about bots flying in front of you to steal your kills?

That sounds like they made the bots a bit more realistic. That's totally what a player would do and you know it.

also, lol@getting ks'd by a bot

To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users