So the rest know where some of us are drawing our point of comparison

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

MelBrooks #1 Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 12 battles

There was a time when community really did have meaning in the game also. There was the "rude and crude" crowd of course, but many more pilots reaching out and being friendly in game also.

Dreamer_Z took several hours out of his time to help me go from a terrible BnZ pilot to an adequate one.

" Dude what are you doing? LOL." Truemush and I flighted several times and I began to learn evasive tactics better.

Then there was dodging a rocket or turning up and away from a bomb courtesy of vuuduu all day long.

Now, when you try to help a player out, you are greeted with " mind your own damn business " at least 90% of the time.

Edited by Purdue1987, 23 June 2016 - 07:26 PM.

pyantoryng #2 Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:28 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2629 battles

...and thus, all one can do is beat the $#1t outta them, and that only frustrate them into leaving...

I just keep banging my head against the wall...

Is this general, low tier, or high tier?

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

BrushWolf #3 Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:33 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 80 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View Postpyantoryng, on 23 June 2016 - 02:28 PM, said:

...and thus, all one can do is beat the $#1t outta them, and that only frustrate them into leaving...

I just keep banging my head against the wall...

Is this general, low tier, or high tier?

In low tier when you reach out the response is generally friendly. It is the ones that have been around for a long time but are still horrid that tend to bark back at you.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

losttwo #4 Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:35 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 8722 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Every tier. Most of the time my chat is off. I have the "Q" bound to turn it off and on.

At countdown I can see the salutations press "Q" and the rest of the match is only command keys.

I no longer bother trying to tell anyone anything...I am tired of trying to fix stupid.

Noreaga #5 Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:51 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Meh there have always been those that refuse to believe that failing at this game has anything to do with them. Roll your eyes and watch them get stomped, then complain about hacking dracs/potatos/aces. This place really does have some of the best people i have met in video gaming (also some of the worst), something about 3D play brings out the smart-stupid.

I taught Dreamer everything he knows, too bad i don't have his skills. :trollface:

Nimis obnoxii curare

RedSpartacus #6 Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
I always have to smile when I see "wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww" in the chat window.
  RUN WITH THE PACK

Noreaga #7 Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:58 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostRedSpartacus, on 23 June 2016 - 02:57 PM, said:

I always have to smile when I see "wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww" in the chat window.

less talky more boosty

Nimis obnoxii curare

BrushWolf #8 Posted 23 June 2016 - 08:27 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 80 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostNoreaga, on 23 June 2016 - 02:51 PM, said:

Meh there have always been those that refuse to believe that failing at this game has anything to do with them. Roll your eyes and watch them get stomped, then complain about hacking dracs/potatos/aces. This place really does have some of the best people i have met in video gaming (also some of the worst), something about 3D play brings out the smart-stupid.

I taught Dreamer everything he knows, too bad i don't have his skills. :trollface:

Those who can't do teach.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

Porkins_Jr #9 Posted 23 June 2016 - 08:31 PM

Major

• 0 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostBrushWolf, on 23 June 2016 - 04:27 PM, said:

Ouch!

BrushWolf #10 Posted 23 June 2016 - 08:59 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 80 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostBrushWolf, on 23 June 2016 - 03:27 PM, said:

View PostPorkins_Jr, on 23 June 2016 - 03:31 PM, said:

Ouch!

It wasn't meant in a derogatory manner, just poking fun at "I taught Dreamer everything he knows, too bad i don't have his skills.".

Russian Proverb

Noreaga #11 Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:25 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

no ouch dont worry.

Truth is truth, put me in a situation where i have to win pilot skill vs pilot skill and i will lose most time. 

IMO a good player doesn't usually make a good coach, in fact most time they are terrible. They usually can't understand why you just can't do it, like when my grandmother used to try to give me a recipe "cook the chicken,then serve it", "oh great, now how do i cook it?" 

by this time i hope everyone can see that i don't care about people making fun of me, get your face smashed a few times and words tend not to be that bad.

Hey i wouldn't be with Dracs, if we went by my release play stats. All that heavy fighter flying in beta inflated my stats :D

Nimis obnoxii curare

pyantoryng #12 Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:26 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2629 battles

View PostNoreaga, on 23 June 2016 - 09:25 PM, said:

no ouch dont worry.

Truth is truth, put me in a situation where i have to win pilot skill vs pilot skill and i will lose most time. 

IMO a good player doesn't usually make a good coach, in fact most time they are terrible. They usually can't understand why you just can't do it, like when my grandmother used to try to give me a recipe "cook the chicken,then serve it", "oh great, now how do i cook it?" 

by this time i hope everyone can see that i don't care about people making fun of me, get your face smashed a few times and words tend not to be that bad.

Hey i wouldn't be with Dracs, if we went by my release play stats. All that heavy fighter flying in beta inflated my stats :D

I doubt beta stats carried over...

...wait, have we ever left beta? :hiding:

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Noreaga #13 Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:29 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

no i joined Dracs in beta long before release, if i had started in release i would not have had the requirements.

and i dont think we ever left beta we are just in release version of the beta... are any modern games not in beta anymore?

Edited by Noreaga, 23 June 2016 - 09:30 PM.

Nimis obnoxii curare

Caecias #14 Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:50 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 233 battles

View PostPurdue1987, on 23 June 2016 - 02:23 PM, said:

There was a time when community really did have meaning in the game also. There was the "rude and crude" crowd of course, but many more pilots reaching out and being friendly in game also.

Dreamer_Z took several hours out of his time to help me go from a terrible BnZ pilot to an adequate one.

" Dude what are you doing? LOL." Truemush and I flighted several times and I began to learn evasive tactics better.

Then there was dodging a rocket or turning up and away from a bomb courtesy of vuuduu all day long.

Now, when you try to help a player out, you are greeted with " mind your own damn business " at least 90% of the time.

I'm a neophyte to the game in part, and would welcome any tutelage I could gain from more experienced players...   I have already found the PT Bar and have found everyone to be friendly for the most part. Notwithstanding, I am not a neophyte to flying - virtually or otherwise - and have some understanding of the 3D world, and a little bit of understanding of plane mechanics and characteristics... 

So are you really dealing with the true-absolute-neophyte to flying? A millennial spoiled beyond all measures? or just someone having a bad day?

BrushWolf #15 Posted 23 June 2016 - 10:14 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 80 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostNoreaga, on 23 June 2016 - 04:25 PM, said:

no ouch dont worry.

Speaking of not being able to do, I can't bomb kill Mr Magoo. I used to have some luck but the right distance has become a mystery to me.

Russian Proverb

FreeFOXMIKE #16 Posted 23 June 2016 - 10:42 PM

G.A.T.P. (Global Alpha Test Pilot)

• 5250 battles
  • [332ND] 332ND

View PostPurdue1987, on 23 June 2016 - 01:23 PM, said:

It s the manner in which many are approached I have seen many try to help,but approach in an insulting way that puts many off, also some arrive from the WT gaming system trying to fly that way ,and it just ain't  the same no way no how. 

332 Virtual  Fighter  Group

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #17 Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:31 AM

Major

• 1458 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostFreeFOXMIKE, on 23 June 2016 - 05:42 PM, said:

It s the manner in which many are approached I have seen many try to help,but approach in an insulting way that puts many off, also some arrive from the WT gaming system trying to fly that way ,and it just ain't  the same no way no how. 

You mean... "I'll be glad to teach you not to be such an ignorant NOOB!" is a poor approach? hmmm... so the devil is in the details... huh?

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

TeamTerrible #18 Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:39 AM

First Lieutenant

• 234 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

I like the ones with the 47% win/rates calling me the noob and all that jazz when they were the ones hitting gts in fighters and crashed......

I'm no shining prize myself but I have the advanced training wheels mounted (by acme)

These are clear cut don't waste your time with's

Best hope is they run into something that sparks a brain cell to activate (i prefer the stun gun) 

Only then will they want to see things from a logical point of view

If not, well just let the animal live out its life for it cares not

and just remember what the doctor tells you about your blood pressure

If that's not enough mind you that the unreachable is someone who sleeps very good at night for the mind is at ease 24/7

Mind_Eraser #19 Posted 24 June 2016 - 03:17 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 29 battles
  • [THIEF] THIEF

View PostPurdue1987, on 23 June 2016 - 01:23 PM, said:

For real, you should be a DRAC

All you ever do is talk about them in every single post, you post

It's always about DRAC members from way back when to current.

Just apply to DRAC and become one so you don't have to keep bringing up every old DRAC member

Then you can just say WE from now on

Hope this helps

Tophatfire #20 Posted 24 June 2016 - 05:09 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostBrushWolf, on 23 June 2016 - 04:27 PM, said:

Indeed.  A few people in this thread should consider whether they're really in a position to be teaching, or to get snooty when someone declines their offer.  :hiding:

I think too that the bot-filled mess we have these days isn't the most conducive for actual learning either.  It's just not all that hard.  Nobody wants to listen to how to kill bots, it just seems kind of insulting when it's so much of a dice roll anyway.

View PostNoreaga, on 23 June 2016 - 03:51 PM, said:

What was really funny was that a lot of Dreamer_Z's (and a lot of other very successful Drac pilots too, but Dreamer especially) success came from raw feel and innate talent. They didn't think stuff, they just went and did stuff and couldn't really explain why or teach it to others.  You could learn from watching them, but not from listening to them: "I dunno.  You just go over there and do it in a way so that you win instead of die. Simple."

And then there was the other side of the coin too with people like FastAttack and Jungle31 who simply knew SO MUCH about flying real aircraft that they just couldn't distill it into the kind of second-grader terminology most of us need to be able to start learning.

I didn't have their talent or training though so I had to STUDY, and an upside of this was that I was able to explain things succinctly in video game-appropriate terms.  I remember the first few times after a patch when people like Dreamer kept quizzing me about changes.  I was really confused, and wondering if it was some kind of strange recruitment test.  Turned out I was just good at explaining stuff even if I wasn't the super-purpliest player and they really wanted to hear what I thought.  :teethhappy:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users