Tupolev I-12

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Scinfaxi #1 Posted 22 June 2016 - 08:58 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 698 battles
  • [ZOUTH] ZOUTH

Welcome to another addition of Warplane Wednesday, where I bring attention to rare, unique, or just left out aircraft not featured in the game currently, and give it the spotlight for all to talk about and enjoy.

This week is a Soviet fighter with a most unusual design, its the I-12!

The Tupolev I-12 (also known as ANT-23) was a prototype Soviet fighter aircraft that never reached production. I-12 was of unconventional design with twin booms made of water pipes containing recoilless rifles and two engines in a push-pull configuration. The aircraft first flew in 1931 but did not enter production due to disappointing performance and operational difficulties such as the inability for the pilot to escape the aircraft without hitting the propeller arc behind him. The second prototype, designated ANT-23bis was never completed.

Source:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tupolev_I-12

Edited by Scinfaxi, 23 June 2016 - 09:31 PM.

"Did you know there are three kind of aces? Those who seek strength. Those who live for pride. And those who can read the tide of battle. Those are the three." - Larry "Pixy" Foulke (Ace Combat Zero)

pyantoryng #2 Posted 22 June 2016 - 09:25 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12443 battles

Recoilless rifles...not gonna make it...

...but planes made outta water pipe...? Those Russians...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users