Windows10

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Noreaga #21 Posted 28 June 2016 - 09:28 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8732 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

got my pc mostly up and running, computer crashes a lot less than it did with windows 10. I think my parts were too old for the drivers to work properly even after a fresh install she crashed at the slightest amount of hard work. 

Only major down side to going back to Win7 besides the 8 days worth of updates, is that Win 10 is much much more optimized. My computer works 2-3 times has hard to keep cool now.

If i didn't get affected by all the little growing pains i would think win 10 is great, but i already use 1 title that was released too early don't need more headaches. i get access to educational licenses so ill wait a year or two before purchasing a licence for 10$, for those that have to pay full price i think i would stick with it. 

Nimis obnoxii curare

Caecias #22 Posted 07 July 2016 - 05:32 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 8042 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostNoreaga, on 28 June 2016 - 04:28 PM, said:

got my pc mostly up and running, computer crashes a lot less than it did with windows 10. I think my parts were too old for the drivers to work properly even after a fresh install she crashed at the slightest amount of hard work. 

Only major down side to going back to Win7 besides the 8 days worth of updates, is that Win 10 is much much more optimized. My computer works 2-3 times has hard to keep cool now.

If i didn't get affected by all the little growing pains i would think win 10 is great, but i already use 1 title that was released too early don't need more headaches. i get access to educational licenses so ill wait a year or two before purchasing a licence for 10$, for those that have to pay full price i think i would stick with it. 

Honestly your best bet is to perform a clean install... it is the best approach (sounds like you are half way there - all you need to do is create the media and perform the clean install)

(Pasted from a different thread I posted in this forum)

For anyone still having issues here - your best bet is a true clean install.

However, you need to validate your hardware for the upgrade, first - so you do indeed get your upgrade (and keep for life of you hardware); but you will need to upgrade your OS as it stands, then create media, and then use that media to wipe your drive clean, reformat, and reinstall...  effectively a true clean install.

Time is running out for the free upgrade:

PM me if you need guidance.  Here is a good YouTube video that walks you through the entire process.

Edited by Caecias, 07 July 2016 - 05:52 PM.

Noreaga #23 Posted 07 July 2016 - 07:38 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8732 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

oh ive done clean installs in windows 10, the old school in me doesn't allow me to upgrade an OS, clean install or nothing.  The errors i was getting 3-4 times a day in Win 10 do not show up in win7. Its been almost 2 weeks since the re-install, of windows 7 and i have not had a single crash or BSOD. 

I'll wait another year, the cost of 10-15 $ for a windows 10 code is not worth the headache of my computer not working properly. I completely understand why others would work through it, it is not a cheap package outside of Education.

Nimis obnoxii curare

Caecias #24 Posted 07 July 2016 - 11:03 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 8042 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostNoreaga, on 07 July 2016 - 02:38 PM, said:

oh ive done clean installs in windows 10, the old school in me doesn't allow me to upgrade an OS, clean install or nothing.  The errors i was getting 3-4 times a day in Win 10 do not show up in win7. Its been almost 2 weeks since the re-install, of windows 7 and i have not had a single crash or BSOD. 

I'll wait another year, the cost of 10-15 $ for a windows 10 code is not worth the headache of my computer not working properly. I completely understand why others would work through it, it is not a cheap package outside of Education.

Interesting you are having issues with a clean install.  I have a custom built PC and found Win 10 Pro to be the most stable and lightest / fastest OS I have used on this platform.

I agree completely otherwise.  Win 7 Pro x64 was a great OS (once a BSOD - due to bad nVidia Drivers), and I was nervous moving away from such a stable OS.  I am uber pleased with the results so far though. 

Wish I could help you sort it out.

Best,

C-

Edited by Caecias, 07 July 2016 - 11:05 PM.

Also tagged with Windows10

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users