Just curious....

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Poll: Vote with your head not your heart! (42 members have cast votes)

What is the future of this game?

1. It will linger on like now....status quo for the forseeable future, no major changes. (20 votes [47.62%])

Percentage of vote: 47.62%

2. It will linger on ... but with major changes. (2 votes [4.76%])

Percentage of vote: 4.76%

3. Some sort of relaunch. (4 votes [9.52%])

Percentage of vote: 9.52%

4. At the opportune moment it will be quietly shut down. (13 votes [30.95%])

Percentage of vote: 30.95%

5. Other (explain below). (3 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Porkins_Jr #1 Posted 19 June 2016 - 11:47 PM

Major

• 0 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG
Vote!

Edited by Porkins_Jr, 19 June 2016 - 11:49 PM.

losttwo #2 Posted 20 June 2016 - 12:17 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 8722 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Good poll Porky but I wont cast a vote.

You have covered all three four personality types.

1. It will linger on like now....status quo for the forseeable future. For the DILLIGAF
  2. Some sort of relaunch. FOR THE OPTIMIST
  3. At the opportune moment it will be quietly shut down. For the Pessimist
  4. Other (explain below). For the Troll in me

WG has at hand a bit of a difficult task.

That task is to create a game that can compete in the current market of gaming.

Since going live WG has realized that once an individual masters the game up to tier 10

they will find it boring and cease playing. Regardless of Clan Wars.

Their are people that play games solely for the WIN.

These people will learn the best plane that will win every match and they will stick with that plane to the point of boredom and quitting.

Currently it is jump in a heavy fighter or the highest altitude plane. Boom and Zoom until the match is won.

The Market currently is flooding with games that offer upgrades to everything in a game as well as extras and bonus's.

COD : You grind to improve weapons and soldier abilities. Eventually you achieve a GOLD weapon that does awesome damage.

Assassin Creed series you build XP and credits to increase your character abilities and weapons.

I can go on with a long list of games but I am sure many of you understand where this is going just simply by looking at games you currently play.

WG has not given up working towards being in this competitive market of " MARIO KART " games being produced.

It does not look like they are going to throw in the towel anytime SOON.

One day however they may receive a study showing they can not compete in the market and then just shut it down.

That could very well be tomorrow or 6 years from now. WHO KNOWS.

I do not even know what WG is thinking or doing I just play the game for as long as I enjoy it.

I do know they keep working towards progress by adding new patches and other stuff.

Edited by losttwo, 20 June 2016 - 12:22 AM.

TeamTerrible #3 Posted 20 June 2016 - 01:08 AM

First Lieutenant

• 234 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

MagusGerhardt #4 Posted 20 June 2016 - 01:25 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 856 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
I have that skin for my XF4U-1; Hawkeyededic did a bang-up job bringing "Skipper" Riley into Warplanes.  :medal:

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

TeamTerrible #5 Posted 20 June 2016 - 01:38 AM

First Lieutenant

• 234 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 19 June 2016 - 08:25 PM, said:

I have that skin for my XF4U-1; Hawkeyededic did a bang-up job bringing "Skipper" Riley into Warplanes.  :medal:

but the Dinkus is the WG future!!!!

BrushWolf #6 Posted 20 June 2016 - 02:27 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 80 battles
  • [GWG] GWG
I went with linger with major changes. They will be like the crew skills a needed change but not what is really needed which is some form of end game.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

pigeon_kicker #7 Posted 20 June 2016 - 06:15 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1600 battles
  • [SF] SF

The future of this game actually looks good in my view, not great but good.

I have noticed a very large (for wowp) influx of newer players, most of these players are staying around.

the big problem was the bot incident i think, but they fixed it.  showing me that wowp is still being developed.

We have just been approved for the addition of GOLD as prizing from wargaming to support the new NA Community Clan Wars, this alone will bring pilots back.

this tells me that they actually WANT to help the game survive, not let it quietly die off.

PK

Edited by pigeon_kicker, 20 June 2016 - 06:16 AM.

If you want to make god laugh, tell him about your plans for survival..

Lead developer for the NACCW web site. Author of the Pigeon Pak Mod Installer

www.team-sf.com

FreeFOXMIKE #8 Posted 20 June 2016 - 06:46 AM

G.A.T.P. (Global Alpha Test Pilot)

• 5250 battles
  • [332ND] 332ND
to save money with the lower number of players on the NA server they are added  to the EU server.

Edited by FreeFOXMIKE, 20 June 2016 - 06:46 AM.

332 Virtual  Fighter  Group

Gang_Starr #9 Posted 20 June 2016 - 01:07 PM

Captain

• 2 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostBrushWolf, on 19 June 2016 - 10:27 PM, said:

I went with linger with major changes. They will be like the crew skills a needed change but not what is really needed which is some form of end game.

Skill change was not a major change.

Tenks

Steel_bomber_ #10 Posted 20 June 2016 - 01:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

If WG doesn't even know where this is going, how the hell should I ?

Put this post in the "clairvoyant section" please.

THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

ubeahurtin #11 Posted 20 June 2016 - 02:07 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
This is a decent game. Not as good as it once was, but better than their competition (to me). That other game does not favorably compare to this one, but it looks like other players disagree with me. That's all good. I think this game has a sort of cult following.

BrushWolf #12 Posted 20 June 2016 - 02:26 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 80 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostGang_Starr, on 20 June 2016 - 08:07 AM, said:

Skill change was not a major change.

The entire skill system was redone and we got a skill reset which isn't done for minor changes.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

Gang_Starr #13 Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:16 PM

Captain

• 2 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostBrushWolf, on 20 June 2016 - 10:26 AM, said:

The entire skill system was redone and we got a skill reset which isn't done for minor changes.

1.9 was a major change. Gun overhaul, bots, plane rebalancing etc, the game changed a lot.

The skill change left the game pretty much the same as it was before - I wouldn't consider the skill update to be a major update by any means.

Tenks

Porkins_Jr #14 Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:19 PM

Major

• 0 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View Postubeahurtin, on 20 June 2016 - 10:07 AM, said:

This is a decent game. Not as good as it once was, but better than their competition (to me). That other game does not favorably compare to this one, but it looks like other players disagree with me. That's all good. I think this game has a sort of cult following.

I agree it does have a cult following. Half the people here like it as it is and the other half like it as it was at some point in the past but still don't hate it enough to stop playing.

Pogo68 #15 Posted 20 June 2016 - 04:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1649 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View PostPorkins_Jr, on 20 June 2016 - 07:19 AM, said:

I agree it does have a cult following. Half the people here like it as it is and the other half like it as it was at some point in the past but still don't hate it enough to stop playing.

Ohh it's getting there.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

spanks2 #16 Posted 20 June 2016 - 10:20 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1088 battles

View Postpigeon_kicker, on 20 June 2016 - 06:15 AM, said:

The future of this game actually looks good in my view, not great but good.

I have noticed a very large (for wowp) influx of newer players, most of these players are staying around.

the big problem was the bot incident i think, but they fixed it.  showing me that wowp is still being developed.

We have just been approved for the addition of GOLD as prizing from wargaming to support the new NA Community Clan Wars, this alone will bring pilots back.

this tells me that they actually WANT to help the game survive, not let it quietly die off.

PK

That IS good news regarding them approving some gold for prizes!! Very good!!

...about them fixing the bot issue(s)....:unsure:

VooDoo_2013 #17 Posted 20 June 2016 - 11:00 PM

Senior Airman

• 276 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

been in the game for awhile have played many other games to WOT WOS and have noticed something WOWG only cares about bottom dollars so my point is they make no money with planes  like they do ships and tanks 10000 pop to planes 650 to 700 at the most its simple math boys and girls planes will die sorry it is a great game oh sorry was a great game everyone have a good day or night

Porkins_Jr #18 Posted 20 June 2016 - 11:23 PM

Major

• 0 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostVooDoo_2013, on 20 June 2016 - 07:00 PM, said:

been in the game for awhile have played many other games to WOT WOS and have noticed something WOWG only cares about bottom dollars so my point is they make no money with planes  like they do ships and tanks 10000 pop to planes 650 to 700 at the most its simple math boys and girls planes will die sorry it is a great game oh sorry was a great game everyone have a good day or night

If they were going to axe this game over low population, they would have done it LONG before now.

MagusGerhardt #19 Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:01 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 856 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostVooDoo_2013, on 20 June 2016 - 04:00 PM, said:

Well, aren't you a little ray of sunshine.  The time for this post would have been prior to 1.9.0, when we had about 300 max primetime population.  We've doubled that now.  The patient is still in the ICU, and isn't out of the woods by a longshot...but there's been improvement.

Porkins called it...if there was to be a shutdown, we've already gone past that point.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

spanks2 #20 Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:38 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1088 battles

View PostVooDoo_2013, on 20 June 2016 - 11:00 PM, said:

One word...

"punctuation"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users