Defensive Fire (skill)

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Texthor #21 Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:05 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 7 battles
NO plane in the game should have over 1200 HP.......I realize if this were the case, too many of you would quit

MagusGerhardt #22 Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:17 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 856 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostTexthor, on 20 June 2016 - 06:05 PM, said:

NO plane in the game should have over 1200 HP.......I realize if this were the case, too many of you would quit

It's cute how you think you know what's best for the game.  Please, explain why no aircraft should have over 1200hp, bearing in mind that hitpoints in this game is a reflection and measure of aircraft durability with a measure of balance thrown in for flavor.

It's also amusing how you think that large health pools are a crutch used by attack aircraft players...as well as everything else you don't like about the class.  All crutches that are there to make the game fun for the unskilled (GA pilots in your mind) and unfun for the truly skilled (You, in your mind).

There was a time when attack aircraft has health pools that were much smaller than they are now.  That was also a time when their damage reduction vs machine guns was near 100%.  As time progressed the armor of attack aircraft was shaved off and replaced with large health pools.

It's one or the other.  If you want attackers to be shot down with the same burst of fire that would take down a light fighter be prepared for them to suddenly be able to keep up with and turn with your fighter, because that's what it will take to maintain balance between the classes.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

Texthor #23 Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:36 AM

• 7 battles

Since day one, I have seen you  (IL)  (T34) (Flying Tanks) lovers fight tooth and nail for your easy point makers.

I believe that class which is predominately science fiction in stamina and weaponry should have never existed HERE in the first place.  We could settle this easily by making another game, World of Flying Tanks or maybe be where they should be....... busting moving targets>  tanks on WOT

MagusGerhardt #24 Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:54 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 856 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostTexthor, on 20 June 2016 - 06:36 PM, said:

Since day one, I have seen you  (IL)  (T34) (Flying Tanks) lovers fight tooth and nail for your easy point makers.

I believe that class which is predominately science fiction in stamina and weaponry should have never existed HERE in the first place.  We could settle this easily by making another game, World of Flying Tanks or maybe be where they should be....... busting moving targets>  tanks on WOT

You only see us (using the term loosely as there are several factions of attacker pilots) because since day one of your arrival on the forums you have insisted on:

A.  Not honestly listening to anything anyone has to say to you if it doesn't 100% mirror your own views.

B.  Refusal to learn and adapt to changing situations in the game.  This includes the documented cases of being shown *how* to shoot down ILs with ease and still it's a massive and insurmountable chore for you.

C.  Your construction of "facts" whole-cloth to support your indefensible position.

Attackers are not science fiction.  Read some history, preferably written by those who were in the thick of the action.  The IL was a difficult target to take down, not because it was agile, but because it had a very strong airframe and everything on it that was vital to flight was heavily armored.  The IL only suffered major losses when flown without fighter cover, which gave German pilots the time and flexibility they needed to score a cannon hit on the cockpit or shoot out the oilpan.

German attack aircraft mostly didn't fly historically, but the designs were there.  They went unused because by the time they would have been built Air Supremacy had been lost by the Luftwaffe and they were already throwing enough pilots away in fighters; additional attacker attrition could not be supported.  Had they flown, you can bet that they would have been every bit as durable as the ILs due to the German habit of over engineering absolutely everything and providing good crew protection.

Since you suggest that attack pilots leave this game for something else, I'll suggest to you that you go play a single player flight game.  That way there is no public viewing of your shame when you get bested by an inferior aircraft; there is no public or audience for you to try to impress, and no forum where you'll get called out for spouting bullcrap when you inevitably get shot down and have to grasp at straws for why that happened, since it couldn't possibly have been due to any fault of your own.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

Psicko23 #25 Posted 21 June 2016 - 02:01 AM

First Lieutenant

• 24 battles
Texthor, you are denser than the fruitcake in that Futurama episode. You keep saying that it takes no skill. How come you suck when you played your IL? Contradictory much? You need to take a good look at yourself and realize you are the problem, not the IL's. IL's are xp piñatas if you can't take advantage of that you are missing out. Also, why do you go after IL'S in matches when there are still enemy heavies and fighters that are alive and a threat to you?

Texthor #26 Posted 21 June 2016 - 02:04 AM

• 7 battles
LOL.....show me in the history books you read where the mighty IL continually made ace (air kills) with the help of rockets and bombs and never die rear gunners.  The funniest thing you miss is the fact that I do shoot down my share of them......I just happen to think they are extremely OP for this type of game

MagusGerhardt #27 Posted 21 June 2016 - 02:08 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 856 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostTexthor, on 20 June 2016 - 07:04 PM, said:

LOL.....show me in the history books you read where the mighty IL continually made ace (air kills) with the help of rockets and bombs and never die rear gunners.  The funniest thing you miss is the fact that I do shoot down my share of them......I just happen to think they are extremely OP for this type of game

I will.  When you show me where in the history books there's such a thing as a Destroyer medal, or a Thunder medal....or a Top Gun medal for tankers.  Or a Kraken medal for a ship's captain.  Now that I've dealt with that bit of silliness from you, let's move on.

I'm sure you do shoot down plenty of ILs.  In 22k battles you must have stumbled across several handfuls of attackers with less than 100 hitpoints remaining.  That would be easy enough for your "sit on its tail and eat TG fire until something dies" strategy to work.

Again, they are not OP for this game.  Your tactics make whatever fighter you are flying UP against them.  :teethhappy:

Quesnel #28 Posted 21 June 2016 - 02:24 AM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 584 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostTexthor, on 21 June 2016 - 02:04 AM, said:

Continually made Ace kills? Seems to me that there is envy of skill demonstrated by IL players that has eluded you....

As for it's historical performance, attributes and commendations for their crews, easy as Google (but, since I am a nice guy, I saved you a little time, if you even bother to click the links and educate yourself).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilyushin_Il-2

http://www.militaryfactory.com/aircraft/detail.asp?aircraft_id=134

http://www.flyingheritage.com/TemplatePlane.aspx?contentId=22

http://www.airvectors.net/avil2.html

As for you "shoot down my fair share", I can't seem to find video, replays or screenshots to reinforce your claim.

Edited by Quesnel, 21 June 2016 - 02:32 AM.

Texthor #29 Posted 21 June 2016 - 02:42 AM

• 7 battles

OK...I'll answer a few more questions then I'm through for the night.   First off, show me something new, like pics of the only flying IL in the world.

I dont know how to post vid or screenshots and I dont care.  I have NEVER checked on anyone's stats.....I dont care.  Even though I am retired, this game is not my life, thank you

Oh....... and get out of your mom's basement more often

MagusGerhardt #30 Posted 21 June 2016 - 02:51 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 856 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostTexthor, on 20 June 2016 - 07:42 PM, said:

OK...I'll answer a few more questions then I'm through for the night.   First off, show me something new, like pics of the only flying IL in the world.

I dont know how to post vid or screenshots and I dont care.  I have NEVER checked on anyone's stats.....I dont care.  Even though I am retired, this game is not my life, thank you

It's okay that you don't know how to post screenshots or replays.  It's a simple process, just like successfully attacking an IL.

I think, if you're going to ask us for something new, that it would only be fair if you started the trend.  (Hint:  Nothing you have posted for the last year or more has been "new".)

I haven't commented on your stats, neither has Quesnel or the others responding to you here.  We don't need to.  We've encountered you and can deduce from evidence both anecdotal and firsthand how things work with you.

Congratulations on your retirement.  May I suggest that spending this much of your retirement trolling an internet forum for a barely played game is not a wise use of your time?

Nice ad hominem attack; though you lost the argument long before this jab, it's nice to have that comment there to seal the deal.  :P

Quesnel #31 Posted 21 June 2016 - 02:59 AM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 584 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostTexthor, on 21 June 2016 - 02:42 AM, said:

View PostTexthor, on 21 June 2016 - 02:42 AM, said:

My mother died years ago, during my first tour in the Canadian Army. Sadly, she never saw her fourth grandchild born. As for our prairie house, we didn't have a basement and we never bothered to run power to the root cellar.

Claudio67 #32 Posted 21 June 2016 - 03:58 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 457 battles

I did the Japanese section for the actual mission for the Mustang IA in a few hours shooting at IL's, Each IL-40 has around 2000 HP, two of these in a battle are around 4000 damage points, do the math (not in every battle I found the ILs before another fighter found me). Tell me now that Japanese planes are too strong to sit behind an IL-40. They have big, strong cannons, yeah, and that's it. Simply don't sit behind them at slow speeds waiting to kill it, dodge the rear gunner and it's done on a few passes.

Spoiler

Psicko23 #33 Posted 21 June 2016 - 02:09 PM

First Lieutenant

• 24 battles

View PostTexthor, on 20 June 2016 - 06:04 PM, said:

show me in real life where planes start the battle in mid air and don't have to take off, show me in real life where you can fix airplane damage to ww2 Era planes in mid flight during ww2. Show me the artificial compressed altitude bands in real life. Oh wait, this is a game. If you don't like how you suck at killing IL's, maybe you should make your own game where IL's are even easier to kill. Or learn how to kill them. Zip up your man suit and shut up about IL'S already. 

death2019 #34 Posted 21 June 2016 - 03:40 PM

• 15 battles
:)

Vanize #35 Posted 22 June 2016 - 05:24 PM

• 0 battles

View PostTexthor, on 20 June 2016 - 08:04 PM, said:

nah - they are easy to kill unless working in packs. i love the GA in the game, especially these days - lots and lots of HP to shoot up and get extra experience and silver for.

luv me some GA meat - look forward to the GA kills that come at the end of most battles: guaranteed fat for the account.

pyantoryng #36 Posted 22 June 2016 - 05:27 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2236 battles

View PostVanize, on 22 June 2016 - 05:24 PM, said:

nah - they are easy to kill unless working in packs. i love the GA in the game, especially these days - lots and lots of HP to shoot up and get extra experience and silver for.

luv me some GA meat - look forward to the GA kills that come at the end of most battles: guaranteed fat for the account.

They make Chasing Mustang extremely easy :great:

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Porkins_Jr #37 Posted 22 June 2016 - 05:27 PM

Major

• 0 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostVanize, on 22 June 2016 - 01:24 PM, said:

View Postpyantoryng, on 22 June 2016 - 01:27 PM, said:

They make Chasing Mustang extremely easy :great:

...and I love when LF and HF pilots get overconfident.

Edited by Porkins_Jr, 22 June 2016 - 05:28 PM.

Vanize #38 Posted 22 June 2016 - 05:46 PM

• 0 battles

View PostPorkins_Jr, on 22 June 2016 - 11:27 AM, said:

...and I love when LF and HF pilots get overconfident.

i am occasionally wary when certain pilots are in certain GAs... IF i am low on health AND they have superiority.

Edited by Vanize, 22 June 2016 - 05:46 PM.

Psicko23 #39 Posted 22 June 2016 - 07:04 PM

First Lieutenant

• 24 battles

Yeah, certain players that are good in IL'S you have to watch out for. Especially when flighted up. Sucks when you have to kill 7-8 bots cause your bots suck while the ga flight kills both your ga's then hide in their aa for the win. Doesn't happen often, sucks when it does though.

Vradin #40 Posted 22 June 2016 - 10:44 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 8863 battles

View PostClaudio67, on 20 June 2016 - 07:58 PM, said:

I did the Japanese section for the actual mission for the Mustang IA in a few hours shooting at IL's, Each IL-40 has around 2000 HP, two of these in a battle are around 4000 damage points, do the math (not in every battle I found the ILs before another fighter found me). Tell me now that Japanese planes are too strong to sit behind an IL-40. They have big, strong cannons, yeah, and that's it. Simply don't sit behind them at slow speeds waiting to kill it, dodge the rear gunner and it's done on a few passes.

QFT and a good video as an example..... Same advice to those having trouble still; attack from side or high angles if you can, if you have to attack on the tail make it an extreme high speed pass and unload at close range and pull off thereby reducing your contact time with the rear gunner, and for the love of god don't drop your speed and try hanging on their tail while overheating yours guns. This has been said time over and over again by others for LF's and MR's in general, and as well I believe I've mentioned this before in another similar thread, that the J7W's can simply melt GA's if timed right with a good angle of approach.

Here's an example I have, notice the speed I'm at while on the first GA as I'm low on time and have to approach the tail, as well notice the angle I take on the second GA. They are bots yes, but I've seen some player GA's fly the same or worse, regardless 1200 hps or in this case with the IL 1500 hps it doesn't matter in this case with the J7W2. Between the two GA's I think I soaked up around 80 hps from Rear Gunners, but put in around 2400 hps between the two, not a bad trade off. If you ever want to see an angry human GA pilot, go after them in one of these at the start of the battle right when they are focused on a GT...you'll get some choice words :(

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users