First Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-
http://blog.worldofw...w-pilot-skills/

DInk_Spinkley #2 Posted 18 June 2016 - 04:04 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 78 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-
It's the penalty for putting an old pilot in a new plane that has me ticked off. You used to be able to go from like plane to like plane (i.e fighter to fighter) and retrain to 90%. Now you have to drop all the way back down to 75%.. That really blows.
RIP World of Warplanes

SHOCKOJAMBO #3 Posted 18 June 2016 - 07:00 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
All that stuff is [edited]. WG programmer's couldn't even get the auto 3 man flight to work. How in gods earth are they going to get all that stuff to work. I call BULL#####

BrushWolf #4 Posted 18 June 2016 - 07:06 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 80 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

Magus did an excellent walk through on the skills.

http://forum.worldof...-gunner-skills/

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

Pogo68 #5 Posted 19 June 2016 - 07:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1649 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View PostDInk_Spinkley, on 18 June 2016 - 08:04 AM, said:

It's the penalty for putting an old pilot in a new plane that has me ticked off. You used to be able to go from like plane to like plane (i.e fighter to fighter) and retrain to 90%. Now you have to drop all the way back down to 75%.. That really blows.

Annoying since I don't want to start out with a 0 skill pilot on what I want to be my signature plane.
DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

Mind_Eraser #6 Posted 19 June 2016 - 08:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 29 battles
  • [THIEF] THIEF

lol, this is also explained when you move your mouse cursor over a particular skill

I think it's all hog wash or the skills don't properly work, because I can have an untrained pilot and he be just as good as a 10 skill pilot

And yes, if you move one pilot to another plane, and didn't retrain him, and then move him back to his original plane, you get a deduction on pilot skills. Now that makes absolutely no sense

All of these skills are just WG's way of you trying not to get burned out as several people already had maxed out certain pilot skills so they just added more

I don't buy into it. Just like I don't buy into the whole bot thing. The 1v1 with 18 bots just dumb. It's bot mode all over again. Skills + Bot mode = makes sense to all WG employees

Have fun, and I can't express this enough, please check out the gift shop as they have cool new things this month!!!

pyantoryng #7 Posted 19 June 2016 - 09:00 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2633 battles
Nowhere does it mention that skills are multiplicatively stacked...it certainly is the case for defense expert...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

MagusGerhardt #8 Posted 19 June 2016 - 09:21 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 856 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostJohnny_5_, on 19 June 2016 - 01:29 PM, said:

Have fun, and I can't express this enough, please check out the gift shop as they have cool new things this month!!!

Awesome!  I'll go look right now!  What did you buy?  :popcorn:

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

Mind_Eraser #9 Posted 19 June 2016 - 10:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 29 battles
  • [THIEF] THIEF

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 19 June 2016 - 03:21 PM, said:

Awesome!  I'll go look right now!  What did you buy?  :popcorn:

Since there was no price tag, I asked for 1,000,000 in gold and I got it

That's why everyone needs to check out Junes Gift shop this month. This game just keeps getting better and better!!

pyantoryng #10 Posted 19 June 2016 - 10:45 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2633 battles

View PostJohnny_5_, on 19 June 2016 - 10:39 PM, said:

Since there was no price tag, I asked for 1,000,000 in gold and I got it

That's why everyone needs to check out Junes Gift shop this month. This game just keeps getting better and better!!

If only the gold is fully unified...people gonna flock to pay in planes...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users